test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Loot: How much is mine, and how much is shared?

ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2013 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
I'm used to loot dropping individually for each person, so if you can see it, it's your. The exception is Marvel Heroes, where heath- and energy-orbs are shared. How is it in this game? If I see loot while in a group, is it 'safe' to take it? No one has ever complained that I take too much loot, and I do sometimes see players run around in a strange pattern that most likely mean they are gathering loot I can't see. But I do sometimes see them run to stuff I can see, like a weapon or money. So is it shared, or is all the loot I can see mine?

And what about money? I know money is shared, but how much? If I pick up all the money in an entire dungeon, do I get more than if I let the others pick up everything?
Post edited by ladymythos on

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No idea how gold drops are shared out. I always figured it must be fairly equitable, or people would probably complain about it more.

In a party, non-magical drops are yours and only you can see them (potions, scrolls, kits, common items). The default loot-sharing setting is greens or higher are rolled for, so those are also visible to everyone, since anyone picking it up triggers the roll.

Call to Arms appeared to have special rules where everyone received individual drops, which was a relief since the rolls would have been a nightmare.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Its gets a bit confusing, because the rules seem to change depending on situation.

Open world mobs seem to drop assigned loot. If you see it, its yours. No one else can see it or take it.

Dungeons and Normal Skirmishes work off the loot rules in the group setting. This is by default set to only roll on green or better. So anyone can pick up the normal stuff. This seems to include white gear, as well as potions and alters. So, I guess, it is possibly to be overly greedy and deny the rest of the team a share of the potions. The only exception to this seems to be seals dropped by bosses, the game seems to set aside a special drop for each person.

The call to arms skirmish seems to work more like open world mobs. I expect this is due to the whole mixed up levels thing. If you see loot, its yours. You arn't taking from anyone.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    That reminds me that there was a roll for seals on the final boss when I did the Defend the Village skirmish, which took me very much by surprise. Bug or feature? The portal to leave was also locked. I totally forgot to report that because I was distracted by trying to get out.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Thanks, that clears it up a lot. :)
  • goozacgoozac Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've found green loot in chests that i've kept without rolls. I think they're also individualized.
  • digesthisicknessdigesthisickness Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I loved that individualized loot system during Call To Arms. Wish it was that way through all dungeons. Those rolls and results can block out so much of the screen plus they encourage ninja-looting and much less reason to run them due to much less loot.
  • laks0nlaks0n Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am fairly new to the game, but I do have a few interesting observations. The loot in call to arms is individual as stated and pretty obvious in mechanics, as well as in party. But dungeons do have rather strange loot rules. Only you can see white drops, all can see money which is split 1/number of players present regardless of who picks it. Green and above rolled. The chests are a bit strange to me, I thought that everyone has a shot at it, but it seems to have 4 charges in some cases, and going as low as only 3 loots. The class kits are still unclear to me. They definitely dont have 5 charges, only 2-3 can loot them, after that they dissapear. I realy would like to know if someone figured out the exact pattern for chests and kits.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    With chests, they tend to either be only one person can loot them or everyone can. Just depends on how they are flagged. What tends to hold up people looting chests are items that have to be rolled one. While an item from the chest is being rolled on, no one else can open the chest. Personally, I think the mechanic should be changed so A) items are all personal and B) everyone can loot the chest at the same time.

For profession nodes, they can only be used once so first come, first serve.