test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What Classes/Paragon paths would you want to see added.

caelithcaelith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
edited December 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So as the title says what new classes or paths would you love to see added to the game at some point?

Personally I would love to see Paladins added in a DPS/Support role (something akin to a Warrior Priest from WAR). Paladins and other Holy Warriors have always been one of my favourite classes to play in MMOs/RPGs. I just hope if they do add them ingame they don't end up as a tank.

I would love to see a pure spellcaster added aswell but I imagine the spoken about Warlock class will fill that roll.

I do wonder how much of a difference new Paragon Paths will make to classes, like a path for GWF that uses dual swords or a GF that tanks with a 2 handed weapon instead of a shield.
Post edited by caelith on

Comments

• Options
    bluehawk89bluehawk89 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I would like to see a monk class added in for they have always been my favorite to play; even though no one seems to get it right. :D It would also be nice to see a paladin class and a bard class.
  • Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    See 4e Player Handbook I-III & the Forgotten Realms Setting Manual...

Just put Drow Ranger at the very end of the list :P
  • Options
    valasquavalasqua Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Monk and Druid are the classes I want the most. I also wouldn't mind a Battle Cleric.
  • Options
    bobmdqbobmdq Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I can't wait to have ranger/archer class, it is my favorite class in the paper&dice D&D.
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bard - healer.

cant stand the way clerics work in this. Another healer is much needed. as well as another tank (druid or just change gwf?)

pretty sure ranger and scourge warlock are coming so thats 2 damage dealers already coming.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I would like to see something like this:

This class relies on brute strength alone to overcome the enemies. They are warriors who sacrifice shields in favor of large two-handed weapons. While mainly being an offensive class, they still have considerable defense by carrying scale armour.
    When fighting the main bosses in dungeons, usually the best role for them is to focus on the main boss.
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited August 2013

[*]The Dark Cleric that can drain life to feed their own and summon the undead
      [*]Paladin that casts the Holy Avenger spell to strip the buffs from their foes
      [*]Shape shifting Druid
      [*]The Tinkerer - someone that can craft potions and gizmos used to attack foes

• Options
      thebrimanthebriman Member Posts: 218 Arc User
      edited August 2013
      There are so many options from D&D lore that could make fun additions. A few of my thoughts/desires:

I'd love to see the bard class introduced. It would make an interestingly unique class from a RP standpoint, and a different style of healer/support class would be a good addition as far as game mechanics/party composition goes.

I'd like a caster that's more of a pure striker. The warlock that's been anticipated for a while now may fill this void, but it could also be done by introducing a new paragon path for the existing control wizard class (fire-based, perhaps?).

While I personally can't stand playing them, I think Paladins would be a solid addition to the class list, given their combination of defender and healing abilities.

And I have to mention my own personal "cause celebre": gnome illusionist ftw!
    • Options
      nexticnextic Member Posts: 5 Arc User
      edited August 2013
      I have never wanted anything more then how much I want a battle cleric paragon path..
    • Options
      goozacgoozac Member Posts: 4 Arc User
      edited August 2013
      I would like to see a monk class. I've played rpgs for a while, but i don't really know how some roles were classically made, but i imagine that the monk would be a mobile deflect tank which sounds a lot more fun and viable for pvp than GF.
    • Options
      kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
      edited August 2013
      I'd like to see the GWF being able to wield 2 greatswords.
      Someone plays too much in WoW.
    • Options
      caelithcaelith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
      edited August 2013
      nextic wrote: »
      I have never wanted anything more then how much I want a battle cleric paragon path..

Same, I wonder if they do add it will it be a new class or a paragon path.
    • Options
      greeniewolf0greeniewolf0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 83
      edited August 2013
      new classes I want to see:
      Ranger: duel blade
      Ranger: bow
      paladin: sword/shield/magic
      Blackguard: sword/shield/magic
      Monk

Existing classes I would like new paragon path for:
      Rogue: master assassin
      Rogue Thief: (with npc/enemy pickpocketing abilities)
    • Options
      valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
      edited August 2013
      I'd like to see the GWF being able to wield 2 greatswords.

We had a fix on our NWN server so that a barbarian with a strength of 35 could dual-wield greatswords and halberds :p
    • Options
      sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
      edited August 2013
      thebriman wrote: »
      There are so many options from D&D lore that could make fun additions. A few of my thoughts/desires:

I'd love to see the bard class introduced. It would make an interestingly unique class from a RP standpoint, and a different style of healer/support class would be a good addition as far as game mechanics/party composition goes.

Bard and Illusionist? Oh wow, DB has a lot of work cut out for him here. :D
    • Options
      edwinledwinl Member Posts: 31
      edited August 2013
      Warlock and Sorcerer are the two I'm currently interested in.
    • Options
      goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited August 2013
      Ranger, ranger, archer, ranger and rogue killing ranger that can see through stealth with fire/poison/ice arrows.
      Queen of Dragon Server
      Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
      PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
      Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
      *******, lvl 60 TR.
      Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
      Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
    • Options
      ukatoenasniukatoenasni Member Posts: 224 Bounty Hunter
      edited August 2013
      goozac wrote: »
      I would like to see a monk class. I've played rpgs for a while, but i don't really know how some roles were classically made, but i imagine that the monk would be a mobile deflect tank which sounds a lot more fun and viable for pvp than GF.

They're a Melee Striker (Psionic) in 4e - so basically similar to how the Rogue plays out. How close specifically depends on which build they go with.

Personally, I'm hoping for Swarm Druids (as that was my favorite 4e class/class feature). I also feel that adding more options to the Controller role would be great (thankfully, Druids in 4e take the Controller role as primary with a side-order of Striker or Defender depending on build - in specific, Swarm Druids had more Defender potential).

Anything that expands current roles (Defender, Leader, Striker, Controller) with more focused and interesting play styles would be nice. What specifically? Well...

Defenders - Swordmage or Warden would make nice playstyle differences from the current Guardian Fighter (and I guess GWF technically counts as a Defender/Striker attempt). The first is focused on avoidance/control more heavily, and the latter on just being outright tankier and smacking things with heavy objects. Both play the Defender role (focusing and mitigating damage, controlling adds) fairly well.

Leader - This one I'm not so sure. Bard would be a good addition (focused on team buffs in 4e), and Shaman has some interesting gameplay potential (focuses buffs around Spirits), though Warlord might not be too bad (melee-centric team buffing and control).

Controller - This was always an under-represented role in 4e. Druids and Wizards of various flavors would cover both roles adequately enough, with some solid diversity. Psions may be a bit too difficult to add in properly (even if I love their class mechanic), but Invokers (Divine Controllers) may be kind of cool.

Strikers - Sorcerer please. Warlock and Ranger also both work, though if I had to make a request, Fey or Dark Pact Warlocks would be tops (along with Storm Sorcerers - I need my lightning bolts!).

More shiny things, basically. I think at the moment solid alternatives that are different from the current classes would be a nice way to go, and I think of the classes available in 4e, the ones I listed are those I would be the most excited about having.

[SIGPIC]Also, this poster rambles.[/SIGPIC]
    • Options
      mamoteatomicmamoteatomic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
      edited August 2013
      thebriman wrote: »

A fan of "La taverne de Kadelfek"? =)

Can't wait for the warlock <3
      A dark path for it?
      Like a Demonist warlock or a sadic Sumomoner who use bloody corpses as minions.
    • Options
      zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
      edited December 2013
      Thread closed for Necromancy.
      Offending posts moved to:
      The New, "New Class(es) Feedback Thread!"
    This discussion has been closed.