test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

For the love of god

battlestationvbattlestationv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Temple
Please look into buffing Devoted Clerics so frustrating to be every other classes punching bag.

the sick joke you have made of our -40% heal debuff is ridiculous

for a class that wears chain mail i feel like i might as well be running around in silk armor

was it your intention cryptic to make clerics one of thee worst choices of classes to pvp with and if so kudos to you.
Post edited by battlestationv on

Comments

• faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Please look into buffing Devoted Clerics so frustrating to be every other classes punching bag.

the sick joke you have made of our -40% heal debuff is ridiculous

for a class that wears chain mail i feel like i might as well be running around in silk armor

was it your intention cryptic to make clerics one of thee worst choices of classes to pvp with and if so kudos to you.

I completely agree. remove that self heal debuff and yeah for all the damage reduction chain mail gets I feel as I might as well be wearing cloth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • digesthisicknessdigesthisickness Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I agree as well. Makes me wonder if devs have played a cleric all the way up to 60 themselves. If not, it seems a very good way to find out exactly what's needed and why.
  • troodeetroodee Member Posts: 38
    edited August 2013
    We might need a PvP buff.

But more importantly, we need different stats on our PvP sets. Life steal does nothing for our survivability.

Check out Sogronnwo's thread about using blue regeneration/defense gear. It might not look cool, but it works.

Imagine if we could get the same stats on epic quality pvp items - we would actually stand a fair chance.
    We are not designed to outheal stupidity!
  • battlestationvbattlestationv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    troodee wrote: »
    We might need a PvP buff.

But more importantly, we need different stats on our PvP sets. Life steal does nothing for our survivability.

Check out Sogronnwo's thread about using blue regeneration/defense gear. It might not look cool, but it works.

Imagine if we could get the same stats on epic quality pvp items - we would actually stand a fair chance.

i completely agree i feel everyone who has posted is right we def need a pvp boost and the heal debuff is just asinine considering the dmg output of other classes the heals are worthless and can't even keep up with the way endgame dmg is scaled and it also hurts us in the pve aspect too in epic dungeons, i feel as though cryptic has ignored our class in favor of all the flavors of the month. running around town i rarely see a cleric but i see a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ton of the other classes.

please oh please cryptic stop effing around and show clerics some love why make a class if you butcher it so bad no one wants to play it out of frustration. they said the debuff was because we used less potions than the other classes well yeah we are a healing class i fail to see your logic in that. also buff our defense or you know just make all our armor look like loin clothes because at this point thats how it feels.

" hey loook guys theres a cleric in this pvp match"
    "sweet free kills BWAHAHAH!'
    edited August 2013
    Unless it's your team. Then it's, "Oh look, a cleric *facepalm* *leave*"
  • gokkensgokkens Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I agree completly with what was told before, specially after the post the other day with a rogue oneshotting good geared people regardless of teneberious enchant or not!
    I do have a litle tip though its much about the encounters you use, many clerics use sunburst/astral shield/chains or something.

I know most people would think I am crazy when i write this but Astral shield is pointless in PVP think about it 20% damage reduction gets really good when you take alot of damage the thing is in PVP when you take alot of damage you die!

I always use forgemasters flame it lasts about 12 seconds and most important it is not affected by rightousness

it heals me for around 1400 a tic with 10-12 tics that is 15400 health now shield heals about 8kish over time more or less! now you say what about the damage reduction if you add 4k damage reduction it comes to around 12k but in order to get 4k damage reduction you have to be hit for 20k! now you realise but then I am dead! yes! don't use shield in PvP

I use healing word, which i can get up to around 950 something on myself exactly more i believe then add forgemaster, then you regen close to 3000 health per second, then I use chains to keep maybe people away from me because most of the time if you get hit as stated before you die! but 2 slows really helps though. I have singlede all classes with this specc quite frequentle
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Bit selfish though. Shield isn't JUST for you, you can give your entire team 40% damage reduction AND healing, so multiply all your calculations by "up to 5x".

Plus with astral shield you can persuade them to stay on the point. Running around pew pewing gets you on the kill table, but doesn't win matches.

Plus if a TR can hit for 30K from stealth, that's me dead. If I'm standing in a shield it's only 18K, that's me almost but (crucially) NOT dead. Holy resolve might kick in, plus I'm standing in a circle that heals, which probably also has a lot of my team in it, because it's a circle that heals. So there's a decent chance the TR won't get a chance to finish me off.
    edited August 2013
    morsitans wrote: »
    Bit selfish though. Shield isn't JUST for you, you can give your entire team 40% damage reduction AND healing, so multiply all your calculations by "up to 5x".

Plus with astral shield you can persuade them to stay on the point. Running around pew pewing gets you on the kill table, but doesn't win matches.

Plus if a TR can hit for 30K from stealth, that's me dead. If I'm standing in a shield it's only 18K, that's me almost but (crucially) NOT dead. Holy resolve might kick in, plus I'm standing in a circle that heals, which probably also has a lot of my team in it, because it's a circle that heals. So there's a decent chance the TR won't get a chance to finish me off.

You sir are bad at math 20% of 30.000 is not 18.000!

also forgemasters flame affects the entire team aswell and slows the person trying to kill you meaning less work for the team. also you should not persuade your team members to stay on the point, if they are not doing that they are doing it wrong and you should let them keep dieing until the understand this will only work when they use the inside of their skull! Damage classes are like dogs in PVP most of the time they do stupid ****, you did not tell them to but every once in a while you should throw them a treat if they do good! so they learn to behave!

Also the healing from your precious circle will be really low like 1k per second tops the rogue can easily outperform that compared to 3,5k and your point about surviveing after the 18k is just stupid your so low on health that will most likely die! if not you need to use all your healing on yourself to save yourself meaning your team looses these heals and dies!

shield is good, but it helps you take less damage but it does not restore health that well compared to other spells!

also if your playing pugs, like it sounds op is, why care about your team in the first place? they do not care about you? get kills and get points?! also the game punish you for going straight healing. With forgemasters you would get more kills!
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I agree as well. Makes me wonder if devs have played a cleric all the way up to 60 themselves. If not, it seems a very good way to find out exactly what's needed and why.

Yes, some of them have. When we had the Gauntlgrym events on Preview there were devs in there playing clerics. While it is possible that they may have been created and geared at Level 60 for that purpose, they seemed to have a pretty solid grasp of what they were doing - including taking advantage of exploits! :)
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    yes clerics should get buffed. they need to improve healing word so that it scales up better with levels
    and bastion should have a slightly shorter casting time. 90% of the time set the circle down and cast it
    everyone has moved to next target. you can lengthen the cool down to compensate

and they should reword rightiousess to a 60% healing BUFF when used on others.
    its kind of a glass have empty way to look at it.

they are already going to be nerfing rogues and GWFs so you don't need to taunt them
    the guardian fighters and control wizards are snickering enough as it is,
  • mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited August 2013
    For the love of God you are all Clerics, dont go out killing people.
  • traceeobtraceeob Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    morsitans wrote: »

That's an awful lot of ifs. I agree, astral shield would be great...if the team stays in it when I drop it on the node. But, since I only pug, there's usually not a lot of team work going on. So, I'll drop it on the node, but they insist on fighting anywhere but in the circle. People aren't usually stationary, too. There's constant moving around. And, it would be great for me...if I could stay in it. However, I usually get punted out by the melee train that is prevalent right now. There's also no one there that has my back. They're too busy chasing kills. AShield is equivalent to a flashing neon sign that says "Hey! Healer in circle! Come and get me!". I just don't use it anymore.

I'm by no means a pro at PvP, but I'd like to think that I'm helpful with putting Astral Seal on each opponent, using FF (fave spell, btw), and Divine Glow. I think PvP is fun in this game. That is, until you hit 60. Then the gear discrepancies just get too ridiculous and the cleric, I feel, has the worst time of it. Life steal? Please. Give us some regen. Most importantly, give us some sort of way to mitigate the obscene amount of CC in this game. PvP at 60 is no fun for the average player, especially the cleric. I usually just reroll another cleric and play until I hit 60 again.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited August 2013

As a real life member of the clergy, that presumes a pacifist doctrine. :)
    In the D&D context, it includes an excessive perpetuation of the myth associated with the Bayeuax Tapestry and the idea that Odo carried a club rather than a sword because he felt that as a member of the clergy he should not shed blood. There is also the idea that Turpin of Rheims used a mace rather than a sword or lance, but there are other accounts which showed that he did use both a sword and lance. Using a mace was often a practical choice, not something limited to clergy.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

edited August 2013
    traceeob wrote: »
    That's an awful lot of ifs. I agree, astral shield would be great...if the team stays in it when I drop it on the node. But, since I only pug, there's usually not a lot of team work going on. So, I'll drop it on the node, but they insist on fighting anywhere but in the circle. People aren't usually stationary, too. There's constant moving around. And, it would be great for me...if I could stay in it. However, I usually get punted out by the melee train that is prevalent right now. There's also no one there that has my back. They're too busy chasing kills. AShield is equivalent to a flashing neon sign that says "Hey! Healer in circle! Come and get me!". I just don't use it anymore.

I'm by no means a pro at PvP, but I'd like to think that I'm helpful with putting Astral Seal on each opponent, using FF (fave spell, btw), and Divine Glow. I think PvP is fun in this game. That is, until you hit 60. Then the gear discrepancies just get too ridiculous and the cleric, I feel, has the worst time of it. Life steal? Please. Give us some regen. Most importantly, give us some sort of way to mitigate the obscene amount of CC in this game. PvP at 60 is no fun for the average player, especially the cleric. I usually just reroll another cleric and play until I hit 60 again.

Agree with this guy right here, a solid strategi to survive is divine glow light to increase the damage enemies take and increase the healing from your Forgemaster! although if the person is a CW constantly staying out of range so you do not get the heal it can be hard but chain can fix that also if the person dodge every forgemasters like some rogues do, or block them like the dudes with the shield! you loose alot of healing right there but most of the time it works.
    edited August 2013

all of you had valid points except for this guys(even thought i know it's a troll post i'll bite). im not stating we should be able to go out an pew pew everything in sight, all im asking is that we have the chance to survive for more than a few seconds while putting some pressure on the enemy as it stands now were just free kills in pvp our defence is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for chain mail armor and healing other players is fine but when it comes to personal survival cryptic tossed that out the window long ago. and if TR's and GWF are getting the nerf bat good it's been a long time comming, now if they could wrap their heads around the idea of diminishing return on the insane amount of cc and believe me the day someone says clerics need a nerf lol ill be the first in line but you have a better chance of finding a wee irishman with a pot of gold sliding down rainbows caause right now we need a super overhaul on some of our skills.
  • cael13cael13 Member Posts: 78
    edited August 2013
    For the love of God learn to PVP. Clerics can be some of the hardest players to kill especially in a good team. So many ppl want to turn pvp into a 1v1 its rediculous. A team with a great DC will always win as long as there is good teamwork. You will notice skilled/veteran PVP'ers will always go after the DC becuase they know how much of a threat a DC can be.
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    In their Zeal to try to make the game fair they've completely destroyed this class's chances even in PVE. In PVE It's really difficult to keep myself alive even tho I'm a healer?!?? doesn't make sense I know but it's true. In the leveling process it's ridiculous to allow us to be a healer for everyone else have such a high aggro rating and yet not be able to handle the mobs ourselves or keep ourselves alive. That's just plain a poor design. Every mmo in history has struggled with healing classes but you need to take a look at World of Warcraft or even Guild Wars 2 in the support on engineers with bombs. They heal themselves with every heal they do on others in fact, in some games their self heals go UP when they heal someone else so they have a higher crit chance on self healing.

Things that need to change in this class:

~ Debuff goes bye bye...that's right, we should heal ourselve as the same baserate.
    ~ At the very least if the debuff doesn't get canned we should be able to heal ourselves 100% of the heals while out of combat. It's just stupid that you don't have a regen out of combat and that a healer class has to spend such a large downtime to have any kind of potions for dungeons.
    ~ Rez outside of combat. I'm not sure who thought this one up but it needs a big change, having people have to leave the room where a boss fight was done after the fight was over while they were lying on the floor is just amazing that people think this is normal. I had a rez spell on every priest I had AND I had a Death's Door spell on many of them that prevented people from dying until I could heal them in the real game. Please make this more like D&D and less like a poorly designed healing class in an mmo from a company that's never made an mmo before. Thanks.
    ~ Going back to the self healing thing, even if you made the heals more powerful on the seals that would be an overall improvement.

~Damage skills are laughable. They don't crit on the DoTs which is terrible. You have a huge cooldown on a DoT spell. None of them are AOEs and/or they don't bounce from enemy to enemy. So basically that Forgemaster's Flame and Brand of the Sun spells completely useless especially considering the weakness of your targeting system overall. (you know when anything can get in the way of the ranged you're hitting while you are attacking the ranged only? yeah that) This needs an overhaul especially since the dungeons are all designed to have massive numbers of little guys whacking on the cleric while he's trying to heal.
    ~ The reticle circles for the AOE spells are tiny. Sunburst practically has to have someone up your tookis when you cast it, and the Flame Column is really small and slow considering your mobs move faster than the players do. At the very least let the spell hit the mob if they were in the field when you clicked the cast button even if they are somewhere else when it hits because it's annoying to say the least. Especially when you reach max level and the spell is still as tiny and useless as it was when you got it the first time.

All I got for now. Hope they listen to this thread, this class needs alot of work!
    edited August 2013
    cael13 wrote: »
    For the love of God learn to PVP. Clerics can be some of the hardest players to kill especially in a good team. So many ppl want to turn pvp into a 1v1 its rediculous. A team with a great DC will always win as long as there is good teamwork. You will notice skilled/veteran PVP'ers will always go after the DC becuase they know how much of a threat a DC can be.

Thanks for the advice, condescending as it came off, but this is a no-brainer. Everyone does better when they're in a good team. This isn't a huge epiphany. Everyone knows this. The problem is that not everyone has a great team, especially not beginners, and most in PuGs do not know or care to watch out for them a little so they can do their work. MOST of the time, they're on their own completely and taken out fast. The other classes don't have this issue and don't have to go out searching for a great team just to survive a few minutes.
    edited August 2013

no were did i ever say i wanted 1v1 in fact im completely against it, but given that if im in a pvp match in the background healing my team theres a good chance 1 player will come try and 1v1 and as a cleric i dont even consider it 1v1 because im not even attacking back im running around like a chicken with it's head off frantically trying to keep myself up so my team can peel the enemy off me which is what should happen but unfortunately our heals dont equate to anything which is the point im trying to make our survivabilty is so far in the dust compared to other classes. but it's nice of you to assume i have no clue on how to pvp.
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the advice, condescending as it came off, but this is a no-brainer. Everyone does better when they're in a good team. This isn't a huge epiphany. Everyone knows this. The problem is that not everyone has a great team, especially not beginners, and most in PuGs do not know or care to watch out for them a little so they can do their work. MOST of the time, they're on their own completely and taken out fast. The other classes don't have this issue and don't have to go out searching for a great team just to survive a few minutes.

Was not meant to be condescending at all so I apologize. Many times my attitude or feelings towards a subject does not translate well in text. But your post does reiterate the problem.....we are not other classes so we cannot attempt to play like them. We are support only. As a healer you should never be alone in PVP and if you find yourself alone make it your first priority to find a team mate (yes this means running away from or avoiding the enemy at ALL costs). Change your mindset as a DC and dont expect to top the leader boards or even get a single kill some matches. In fact the best DC's I've seen may only get a handful of assists....but their team ALWAYS wins. None of this is new to PVP as a healer class....
    edited August 2013
    no were did i ever say i wanted 1v1 in fact im completely against it, but given that if im in a pvp match in the background healing my team theres a good chance 1 player will come try and 1v1 and as a cleric i dont even consider it 1v1 because im not even attacking back im running around like a chicken with it's head off frantically trying to keep myself up so my team can peel the enemy off me which is what should happen but unfortunately our heals dont equate to anything which is the point im trying to make our survivabilty is so far in the dust compared to other classes. but it's nice of you to assume i have no clue on how to pvp.

Then im not sure what your issue could be. I know MANY DC's that just will not go down in PVP when accompanied by a teammate. If this wasnt the case and every DC just fell over like a wet tissue then I could understand but it clearly is not the case. I can only suggest you test more builds/playstyles/gear as something is not right with your current setup.
    edited August 2013
    Things that need to change in this class:

~ Debuff goes bye bye...that's right, we should heal ourselve as the same baserate.
    ~ Rez outside of combat. I'm not sure who thought this one up but it needs a big change, having people have to leave the room where a boss fight was done after the fight was over while they were lying on the floor is just amazing that people think this is normal. I had a rez spell on every priest I had AND I had a Death's Door spell on many of them that prevented people from dying until I could heal them in the real game. Please make this more like D&D and less like a poorly designed healing class in an mmo from a company that's never made an mmo before. Thanks.

These I agree with. we should be able to use our religion skill outside of combat for resurrection! not so much a fan of combat resurrection though, maybe allow it with religion skill if not targeted though.
    ~Damage skills are laughable. They don't crit on the DoTs which is terrible. You have a huge cooldown on a DoT spell. None of them are AOEs and/or they don't bounce from enemy to enemy. So basically that Forgemaster's Flame and Brand of the Sun spells completely useless especially considering the weakness of your targeting system overall. (you know when anything can get in the way of the ranged you're hitting while you are attacking the ranged only? yeah that) This needs an overhaul especially since the dungeons are all designed to have massive numbers of little guys whacking on the cleric while he's trying to heal.
    ~ The reticle circles for the AOE spells are tiny. Sunburst practically has to have someone up your tookis when you cast it, and the Flame Column is really small and slow considering your mobs move faster than the players do. At the very least let the spell hit the mob if they were in the field when you clicked the cast button even if they are somewhere else when it hits because it's annoying to say the least. Especially when you reach max level and the spell is still as tiny and useless as it was when you got it the first time.

All I got for now. Hope they listen to this thread, this class needs alot of work!

I have a dps specced cleric and I use brand of the sun alot but more as a debuff (virtuous tree), Clerics can do alot of damage, if you spec for it or even just put in damage encounters. Divine glow, daunting light, sunburst, break the spirit etc. Their damage is fine they just need more defense and lose the self heal debuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • troodeetroodee Member Posts: 38
    edited August 2013
    I don't mind the 40% debuff that much, but I mind getting one shotted from stealth with my pvp cleric (dwarf with 29k hp, 2k defense, 12k regeneration and improved foresight).

My 2 major complaints are:
    - Still getting shot-shotted even with the most defensive gear we can equip.
    - Having to equip blues instead of pvp or t2 sets.
    We are not designed to outheal stupidity!
    edited August 2013
    I don't mind the 40% debuff that much, but I mind getting one shotted from stealth with my pvp cleric (dwarf with 29k hp, 2k defense, 12k regeneration and improved foresight).

I think this is more an issue of them using broken enchants then anything else. Probably stacking tenebreous.

the -40% heal debuff does make a difference in any fight where you don't die in 1 shot or perma CC'd.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    Was not meant to be condescending at all so I apologize. Many times my attitude or feelings towards a subject does not translate well in text. But your post does reiterate the problem.....we are not other classes so we cannot attempt to play like them. We are support only. As a healer you should never be alone in PVP and if you find yourself alone make it your first priority to find a team mate (yes this means running away from or avoiding the enemy at ALL costs). Change your mindset as a DC and dont expect to top the leader boards or even get a single kill some matches. In fact the best DC's I've seen may only get a handful of assists....but their team ALWAYS wins. None of this is new to PVP as a healer class....

We're cool. :)

I'd love to try this each time I go in and have it work, but in theory it's beautiful and in practice I've met nothing but fail, and apparently many others have as well. The problem is that so many, most even are more concerned for themselves and while we're trying to get to them to do our thing and get their protection, we're attacked before we're able to. The other player won't help unless there's something in it for them. They're all running around doing their thing and while we're running to get to them (very slowly lol), they aren't noticing and we're attacked. Haha, omg, I'd love to ltp, but I don't live long enough. I'm a pro at dying though.
    edited August 2013

-Every class can get one shotted FYI
    -I'm not sure why you would be frustrated that better gear is cheap/easily obtainable on the AH other than taking up more inv space to have viable PVP set
    edited August 2013
    We're cool. :)

I'd love to try this each time I go in and have it work, but in theory it's beautiful and in practice I've met nothing but fail, and apparently many others have as well. The problem is that so many, most even are more concerned for themselves and while we're trying to get to them to do our thing and get their protection, we're attacked before we're able to. The other player won't help unless there's something in it for them. They're all running around doing their thing and while we're running to get to them (very slowly lol), they aren't noticing and we're attacked. Haha, omg, I'd love to ltp, but I don't live long enough. I'm a pro at dying though.

Yeah I think I can understand the frustration from a PUG match. Almost 100% of my PVP experience is from guild pre-made with voice communication so my experiences are going to biased. Ill try some PUG PVP tonight and see if my tune changes....
    edited August 2013
    Yeah I can understand the frustration from a PUG group. Almost 100% of my experience is from guild pre-made PVP with voice communication so my experiences are going to biased. Ill try some PUG PVP tonight and see if my tune changes....

That would be very helpful. Thanks. Maybe both sides have been missing something and you can figure out a way to make PuG PvP less painful and more in line with the fun the other classes have.
    edited August 2013
    Yeah I think I can understand the frustration from a PUG match. 100% of my PVP experience is from guild pre-made with voice communication so my experiences are going to biased. Ill try some PUG PVP tonight and see if my tune changes....

i like that your open to new ideas, and boy yeah haveing a guild team is the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> but for those that just want to pug when guildees arent on it's a whole new ballgame prepare for disapointment.

anyway concerning the debuff every other class gets something helpful where ares is a hinderance i fail to see the logic of it .

so i had this idea since you know we could use a bit more survivability why not make righteousness give a defence increase of like 2 or 3 % cause you know that would be more righteous, after all were suppose to be conduits of a god but as it is now he's a cruel and vicious god who likes to see us perish.

ps. if cryptics problem was the potions issue lol well i hate to break it to them we use the most potions endgame and thats not righteous besides it's not like buying a stack isnt hard. did they base it on leveling 1-60? i have no clue i wish a dev would come here and actually read these posts i can guarentee 100% of clerics want righteousness replaced with something useful.
  • whistlingdixiewhistlingdixie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What you're saying is that the DC needs to be carried by a good team. This does not mean the DC is okay. This means the team is good. You have 4 "solo" classes, and one that is, for some reason "group only". Why? It's not fair to the folks playing the DC. I don't see GF's or CW's having nearly as hard of a time in PvP. Even though their role is not striker/DPS, they can play more aggressively when they need to. The DC does have some damage feats and powers, and they're not awful. The problem in PvP is a combination of Righteousness and the lack of any real CC abilities. We have a daily Prone, and supposedly a divine stun, but I've never seen it work. When I am getting wailed on or Pew-Pew by ANY other class, it's a constant chain of lockouts, stuns, knockdowns -- complete loss of control. I can't dodge, I can't use abilities, I can't heal. I just have to die like a good little "support" character and respawn and heal my teammates while THEY play the game and have a good time.

I've noticed that, most of the time, the person who needs the most healing is the DC, and they're the member that can take the least (unless you have two DC's.) I've decided not to give PWE a dime of my money until they fix DC, specifically, until they remove righteousness. I'll use every trick and speed run in the game to get AD and trade for Zen. I'd love to buy some things (like Feywild), but I can't justify spending money on a game that won't fix their classes and listen to the overwhelming player response.

I have decided that, for PvP at least, the game needs someone to be easy kills so people with sociopathic tendencies can get their rocks off killing someone who honestly has no chance so that they can feel powerful, and enjoy the game, and most importantly, spend money on the game.

Ultimately, the cleric should have just as good of a shot killing another player as any other class. PvP power selection is going to be different. Mainly, while the DC might not do as much DPS, they should (at least in theory) be able to heal and mitigate damage to make up for their weaker DPS. So it's a different skillset than just bursting damage. Unfortunately, everything about our class seems to work against us, and half of what might be useful is just bugged.