test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sent GWF needs serious nerf

irk2013irk2013 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
edited August 2013 in PvE Discussion
The class is stupidly insane and needs to be brought down to reality. When a SINGLE person can keep a node from 4 others for over 3 minutes there is a SERIOUS problem with the game or the class and I am going to say it is the class.

They need to be nerfed. Screw TR's they a joke compared to a Sent GWF now please nerf them
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    maxillion2maxillion2 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sigh its not sent feats that needs a nerf its the deflection Regen Rate that's needs tweaking other then that ther not hard to deal with and you shoulder send 4 members of you team to deal with one if you know its gonna take that many to kill it. Knowingly sending 4 people to deal with a single target who you know will tank though you is stupid just be smart and occupy the enemy point and mid or keep a perma stealth TR on the point to dance with GWF to deni his team points from your node while your reminder fight it out for the other points.
  • Options
    iergoiergo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Stealth rogue can do the same thing while taking down the weakest links one at a time, of course the difference is one will face-tank you and the other is just annoying. The rogue also requires skills to kite around the node while each person is looking for him/her.

Send a GF, CW or a rogue to deal with and annoy the GWF. Now if it is a stealth rogue on the node who can you send? Edit: Ranger would be nice u.u
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This topic needs a nerf. Will you PvPers quit asking for nerfs. Stop trying to screw up the PvEers. Learn to play your class instead of call for nerfs.
  • Options
    modimormodimor Member Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Almoast every class can build/gear so that it takes 3+ to take em down, but they all got some kinda weakness. GWF is really weak to prone attacks, if they can't pop their unstoppeble or use swings to build up their deflect it really only takes 2 guys to take em down. And with the nerfs thats sugested on the PTS thing they gonna loose about 20% Deflect rate aswell, but you still gonna need a decent Defence debuffer in the team to deal with em. Just like the healers that stacks Defence, you really need a Defence debuffer to take em down aswell. Problem is moast people just slot skills based on CD and base dps. Thing is, alot of that damage is gonna be mitigrated if you don't spec WAY high for armour pen wich in pve is pretty useless.
  • Options
    mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited August 2013
    Stupid 4 8-9kgs trying to kill 13kgs gwf.
  • Options
    nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    modimor wrote: »
    Almoast every class can build/gear so that it takes 3+ to take em down

CW and DC have no such build.. 3/5 is not almost every.
    modimor wrote: »
    Thing is, alot of that damage is gonna be mitigrated if you don't spec WAY high for armour pen wich in pve is pretty useless.

No... way high armor pen is not useless in pve. 2-2.4k arm pen is way high and it's perfect for pvp/pve for non GF/GWF. GF/GWF need to factor in their DEX/CON damage resistance ignore #'s to figure how much armor pen they need to get to 20-24% damage resistance ignored.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Flame Bait Thread, CLOSE pls.
  • Options
    wurzilwurzil Member Posts: 42
    edited August 2013
    Yes please close , I'm sick of seeing people whine for nerfs on classes, they should never be in pvp in the 1st place.
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I read this as....

I am new to pvp and so was everyone on my team. We all tried to face tank an AOE GWF and instead of chaining CC we tried to burn him down. All the while he built determination and smashed our faces in. *sniffle*
  • Options
    dante123pldante123pl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Stupid 4 8-9kgs trying to kill 13kgs gwf.
    nuff said and most of those that want GWF nerfs are those New QQomers that doesnt know a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about the classes
  • Options
    eldmorg79eldmorg79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    im CW... i have no problem with any class (i sometimes win, i sometimes lose) but GWF (i sometimes lose, i sometimes lose)... truth is (admit or not) that GWF have way to good survivability (better then GF)... huge HP.. immunity on CC... and so, and so...

now i will not ask for nerf... devs know all and testing classes constantly.. they will decide no metter what we saying... im thinking about 1 thing only... how many of u GWF playing that class cuz u like that play style and how many of u playing GWF cuz class is OP... once they nerf GWF (if), will u keep playing GWF or will u change to another class...

decisions... decisions... :)
    Veno Forever <3
  • Options
    dante123pldante123pl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    eldmorg79 wrote: »
    im CW... i have no problem with any class (i sometimes win, i sometimes lose) but GWF (i sometimes lose, i sometimes lose)... truth is (admit or not) that GWF have way to good survivability (better then GF)... huge HP.. immunity on CC... and so, and so...

now i will not ask for nerf... devs know all and testing classes constantly.. they will decide no metter what we saying... im thinking about 1 thing only... how many of u GWF playing that class cuz u like that play style and how many of u playing GWF cuz class is OP... once they nerf GWF (if), will u keep playing GWF or will u change to another class...

decisions... decisions... :)
    i love GWF playstyle, but if they apply those nerfs, this class ill be down to the ground , guess ill roll an TR to 1-2 skill ppls like 70% of the server do.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    dante123pl wrote: »
    i love GWF playstyle, but if they apply those nerfs, this class ill be down to the ground , guess ill roll an TR to 1-2 skill ppls like 70% of the server do.

and that is exectly what im talking about... im playing class couse i enjoying play with it... and i would never roll on something just because its OP... CW are probably weakest class in game... but i just like to play it...

>>> Proud To Be Squishy <<< :)
    Veno Forever <3
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    and that is exectly what im talking about... im playing class couse i enjoying play with it... and i would never roll on something just because its OP... CW are probably weakest class in game... but i just like to play it...

>>> Proud To Be Squishy <<< :)

CW weakest, don't make me laugh.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    CW weakest, don't make me laugh.

ok.. tell me who is weaker then CW?
    Veno Forever <3
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    ok.. tell me who is weaker then CW?

clerics /10lols
  • Options
    honoraryorangehonoraryorange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    irk2013 wrote: »
    The class is stupidly insane and needs to be brought down to reality. When a SINGLE person can keep a node from 4 others for over 3 minutes there is a SERIOUS problem with the game or the class and I am going to say it is the class.

They need to be nerfed. Screw TR's they a joke compared to a Sent GWF now please nerf them

If you can't take out a GWF with 4 people then you should just quit.
  • Options
    nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Removal of rejuvenation pot chugging in pvp is going to make a large impact in a lot of these impossible to kill GWF situations.
  • Options
    modimormodimor Member Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    nukeyoo wrote: »
    CW and DC have no such build.. 3/5 is not almost every.

No... way high armor pen is not useless in pve. 2-2.4k arm pen is way high and it's perfect for pvp/pve for non GF/GWF. GF/GWF need to factor in their DEX/CON damage resistance ignore #'s to figure how much armor pen they need to get to 20-24% damage resistance ignored.

I'm playing a DC in such build, and that is with very low gear score, Less then 9k, Just stack Blues and Greens, Regen/Defence items, with as many defensive slots as possible, stack HP in those defensive slots. The only way i'm goin down is if i'm being CC'd and 2 pve dps, nuke me at the same time.

CW can do the exact same thing and go for AoE CC, dodge dodge dodge, AoE CC, dodge dodge dodge.

And, i will also say that, 24% armour pen is what you want for PVE, for PVP, we're talking about 40-50% ignored. And if you stack ArP to get to those numbers You're wasting alot of pve dps. Slot a Defence debuff instead, and stay at around 15-20% Arp.
  • Options
    durandurahandurandurahan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

your GS and your skill is low, and your friends are too... thats why you cant even against 1 GWF. Dont blame GWF, blame your self. This class is already useless, and need buff not nerf
  • Options
    chipsterchipster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    your GS and your skill is low, and your friends are too... thats why you cant even against 1 GWF. Dont blame GWF, blame your self. This class is already useless, and need buff not nerf
    You wanted to protect your class, I understand wholly. GWF is 'useless'? you make me laugh my hat off!
  • Options
    edited August 2013

if your GWF (statisticly strongest class in game) is useless in pvp, then u really need more practice, my friend :)
    Veno Forever <3
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    All i see is toons with 7-8kgs trying to kill 13kgs GWF. LMAO, if you bring your GS closer to GWF you would be singing different tune.
  • Options
    chipsterchipster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    All i see is toons with 7-8kgs trying to kill 13kgs GWF. LMAO, if you bring your GS closer to GWF you would be singing different tune.

Knock knock, are you on the same frequency as the people? Anyone also know that GS matters. We're are talking about same GS which GWF shine above the rest. A 13k GS (any class) could beat the hell out of 7k GS (any class). I suggest you look at other factors..
  • Options
    maarghaan979maarghaan979 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2013

cant agree more... i gave up on my toon and role as GWF... now im ruling pvp... GWF FOREVER!!!
    btw.. please dont nerf GWF :)
  • Options
    durandurahandurandurahan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    chipster wrote: »
    You wanted to protect your class, I understand wholly. GWF is 'useless'? you make me laugh my hat off!

this class is useless in PvE, not PvP. Devs nerf it, then in both world this class will be useless.
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    PvP whiners need serious nerf...

Ok let's use some simple logic shall we. GF's are not getting a nerf, and therefore in devs mind are working as intended. GF's are pretty tanky but at the same time can put out huge burst and CC. The GWF can become even tankier than the GF, however the GWF does less than half the GF's damage if he builds for full tank like that. So increase tankiness = sharp decrease in damage. Now that said Tenes make it so the GWF can be both super tanky and huge burst, that is indeed OP. But what makes that OP? The tene enchant not the class build. For the 100th time, nerf the enchant not every class that uses it.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
This discussion has been closed.