test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"A time of need" NW-DTNQ57N4B Seeking reviews and trading reviews!

vephidvephid Member Posts: 50
edited August 2013 in The Foundry
"A time of need" NW-DTNQ57N4B Seeking reviews/trading!

The school of fear - A time of need

The school of fear - A time of need by @vephid
Short Code: NW-DTNQ57N4B
Mission Type: Outdoor/Indoor - Storyline/Exploration/Delve
Average Duration: 20 minutes
Amount of Combat: Medium/Heavy
Starts at: (Guard Frinko at Protector's Enclave)

Mission Summary: You are sent as a mercenary to the "Snake's dance" a remote place not far from the Protector'senclave. What seemed like a simple task of "cleaning" becomes a fierce struggle not only to your survival, also to other people who are involved in a very precarious situation, unheeded by the authorities of the Protector's Enclave due to the growing problems that afflict Neverwinter-

The difficulty was adjusted, and a difficulty slider was added!

You can choose between NORMAL difficulty (intended for solo)
and HARD If playing with friends, or solo if you are seeking a challenge.

The second part will be published as soon as possible.
Hope you enjoy it!

Author tips/hints: The quest was intended to be played with music and sounds activated, since it has a lot of both. You can solo this quest with ease but will require some healing potions, depending on your class and skill.

Screenshots/attachments:

83_zps48770425.jpg

3_zpsd71e39dc.jpg

31_zps609dc129.jpg

32_zps67ece341.jpg
Check out my campaign "A time of need" NWS-DK9TIAT7J! I'm still seeking and trading reviews, feel free to send me a message with your foundry code and I will play them as soon as possible.
Post edited by vephid on

Comments

• aaldaemonaaldaemon Member Posts: 94
    edited August 2013
    I'll trade you a review. :) My quest is in my signature.

I'm going to go play and review your quest right now.
    Assassination Contract NW-DOD6JMS5H - story + combat. Trading reviews.
    I'm improving my quest on an almost daily basis - so if you come back to it after a week or so, it won't be quite the same!
  • vephidvephid Member Posts: 50
    edited August 2013
    Great! i'll review yours also :).
    Check out my campaign "A time of need" NWS-DK9TIAT7J! I'm still seeking and trading reviews, feel free to send me a message with your foundry code and I will play them as soon as possible.
    edited August 2013
    Good impressions so far. I normaly don't play with sounds on but I did yours and I feel you did put effort into that. :)
    Still working on it - your quest time is going to go up I guess because I didn't bring injury kits and I'm waiting on campfire to rid me of injury hehehe. :)
    I know it's supposed to be hard solo, but I recommend maybe adding an easy mode prompt removing some encounters for those with bad gear or clerics :) - you can make that prompt cleric only too! I should have brought my gwf for this one ehehehe. Don't worry I don't downrate on difficulty, it's just a suggestion. :) So far quest looks great.
    I'm improving my quest on an almost daily basis - so if you come back to it after a week or so, it won't be quite the same!
    edited August 2013
    Ok, reviewed it. :D

Well done quest - I just wish I had brought a different character for it. :)

I enjoyed it overall, the one thing you can do to improve it for some people imho is just the addition of an easy mode... of course if you want to - if you prefer to keep it like this only, that's your call. Overall I think you did a great job, it's a good challenging combat romp - just needs an aoe class to solo it better. (or good gear lol).
  • docsc00terdocsc00ter Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Always glad to trade reviews! :)

Just finished playing through the adventure, and I left you a review + tip in-game.

Excellent adventure! The combat is significantly challenging for solo play (as indicated in the notes), but perfect for a team of two or three. (Those rotten healing clerics -- especially when they come in pairs and keep topping off each other's health -- are a royal pain! Argh!) I played through as a well-geared Level 60 Cleric with my trusty Galeb Duhr pulling some of the aggro off me. Died only once, during the final fight. (Yeah, I'm blaming it on those healers. Did I say "Argh!" already? ARGH!) Then I figured out I could go old-school MMO and pull the mobs back to the village where the guards were waiting and could lend a hand. Yay!

By the way, the campfire is a bit far away considering the difficulty of the final encounter. This is one of those maps that really would benefit from TWO campfires -- one near the collection of difficult encounters at the beginning of the doomed village, and one over in the main village where so much of the action takes place. Oh well...

The environments are great. Everything feels very naturally placed, and the mood is both claustrophobic and creepy even for an outdoor map. Nicely done. The sounds throughout the map add a lot of atmosphere!

And the story is engaging. Of course, I have this suspicion about the villager I rescued at the beginning of the adventure. She seems pretty eager to follow me into the crypts in the next chapter, which seems out of place for the sole survivor of such a horrible tragedy. Maybe she survived because she has something to do with what's going on? Or am I just being paranoid now? Hmmm.

Looking forward to the sequel!
  • lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I'm up for trading :) - Check the 4th part, The Brethren Song. It's in my sig below.
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
    edited August 2013
    aaldaemon wrote: »

I enjoyed it overall, the one thing you can do to improve it for some people imho is just the addition of an easy mode... of course if you want to - if you prefer to keep it like this only, that's your call. Overall I think you did a great job, it's a good challenging combat romp - just needs an aoe class to solo it better. (or good gear lol).

I will do that, sounds like a good idea to me!
    edited August 2013
    docsc00ter wrote: »
    Always glad to trade reviews! :)

Just finished playing through the adventure, and I left you a review + tip in-game.

Excellent adventure! The combat is significantly challenging for solo play (as indicated in the notes), but perfect for a team of two or three. (Those rotten healing clerics -- especially when they come in pairs and keep topping off each other's health -- are a royal pain! Argh!) I played through as a well-geared Level 60 Cleric with my trusty Galeb Duhr pulling some of the aggro off me. Died only once, during the final fight. (Yeah, I'm blaming it on those healers. Did I say "Argh!" already? ARGH!) Then I figured out I could go old-school MMO and pull the mobs back to the village where the guards were waiting and could lend a hand. Yay!

By the way, the campfire is a bit far away considering the difficulty of the final encounter. This is one of those maps that really would benefit from TWO campfires -- one near the collection of difficult encounters at the beginning of the doomed village, and one over in the main village where so much of the action takes place. Oh well...

The environments are great. Everything feels very naturally placed, and the mood is both claustrophobic and creepy even for an outdoor map. Nicely done. The sounds throughout the map add a lot of atmosphere!

And the story is engaging. Of course, I have this suspicion about the villager I rescued at the beginning of the adventure. She seems pretty eager to follow me into the crypts in the next chapter, which seems out of place for the sole survivor of such a horrible tragedy. Maybe she survived because she has something to do with what's going on? Or am I just being paranoid now? Hmmm.

Looking forward to the sequel!

Thanks for your review, adding a second campfire is something i wanted and i want to do, but i didnt know how to do that.

Maybe instancing the quest in two? i'll find a way to do that, somehow!

About that girl... cant say anything about her, not here xD.

"Then I figured out I could go old-school MMO and pull the mobs back to the village where the guards were waiting and could lend a hand. Yay!" ROFL, i did it several times too!
    edited August 2013
    I will now review all your quests. Couldnt do it before because i wasnt at home, sorry about that.
    edited August 2013
    Reviewed Danger in the Fog NW-DUXO7DEP9 by docsc00ter few minutes ago.

Loved the last encounter, has an epic feel while fighting with *SPOILER* xD. The maps were well detailed, some more roads, rocks, and grass would make the Dumedalot map even prettier.

I began to grow more interest while progressing when i was told to read certain book... cant say more to avoid the spoiling, but found that part really funny.

I can only hope that Dumedalot gets in trouble again soon, good job!
    edited August 2013
    Reviewed Assassination Contract NW-DOD6JMS5H by Aaldaemon hours before and i must say that "I really want to know who i am" the story kept me thinking that all the time! Guess i will have to wait for that answer until playing the part two.

The maps were very detailed and the difficulty was perfect, at least for me! (Normal mode was chosen).
    edited August 2013
    Is there any limit of messages per day? because i wanted to write some more but i cant.
  • lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I had fun running this one, though I believe it might be too hard for many players. Enjoyed the battles and story, only thing I can really point out is that you have no exit point. So far after I activated the reward chest I got a floating "Press F to exit" - And the exit quest name is "Go to next map"
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
  • yipykayeyipykaye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Playing your quest now.

Stacked encounters in the you were ambushed quest were not good. Don't know why everyone keeps doing this. Will only end in poor reviews. 7 injury kits later and not really enjoying myself. The encounter was basically over the campfire so every spawn i was instantly hit.
    And again outside the village. Remember its not only GWF that play levels. We cant all be taking hits from 8-10 spawns and live.

Ok and heading down the next hill even worse. I quit there so that I didn't one star the quest in review. Some might like it but poor encounter design for my taste. Yes as I see in other reviews geared clerics can do it but a leveling 57TR cannot.
    No quest will always cater to everyone.
    "A Time Long Forgotten"
    Whispers in the Forest NW-DPJGEXZJ8 - Daily
    A Salty Sailor's Brew NW-DMOZP625S - Daily
    Bonds of a Brother NW-DCP9XPZHI - Daily
  • rogu3ishrogu3ish Member Posts: 84
    edited August 2013
    I tried this one - I like the environment and the village, and I like the story. But it was just too hard. I didn't find the encounters leading up to the second village too difficult, but I'm a CW and I don't think there's any way a DC could solo this unless they were 60 with crazy gear.

I held off the first two waves in the second village, but when both waves spawned it's just far too much for a solo player. The problem is that if you die the first time, the guards are all dead, and with all the ranged attacks and the casters chain spawning rotters it's just completely overwhelming. I used 3 injury kits then called it. There was no way I was going to pull it off.

I'd strongly recommend a difficulty selection for solo players. For a duo that bit would be fun. For solo, it's just too frustrating :(

If you choose to make it a bit more solo friendly, or put in a difficulty selection, I'd love to try it again. I really liked every other part of the quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Felling the Forgemaster: NW-DOHCJ5VE3 (Elligible for Foundry Daily)
    Fleshrend's Big Adventure: NW-DBWJJYFDK
    (Elligible for Foundry Daily)
    edited August 2013
    yipykaye wrote: »
    Playing your quest now.

Stacked encounters in the you were ambushed quest were not good. Don't know why everyone keeps doing this. Will only end in poor reviews. 7 injury kits later and not really enjoying myself. The encounter was basically over the campfire so every spawn i was instantly hit.
    And again outside the village. Remember its not only GWF that play levels. We cant all be taking hits from 8-10 spawns and live.

Ok and heading down the next hill even worse. I quit there so that I didn't one star the quest in review. Some might like it but poor encounter design for my taste. Yes as I see in other reviews geared clerics can do it but a leveling 57TR cannot.
    No quest will always cater to everyone.

I'm really sorry to hear that, but i think you guys are right. Played this foundry with my CW several times and also with a GWF but i dunno about the other clases. I will put an interactable so you can choose the difficulty.

Thanks for the feedback!
    edited August 2013
    lolsorhand wrote: »
    I had fun running this one, though I believe it might be too hard for many players. Enjoyed the battles and story, only thing I can really point out is that you have no exit point. So far after I activated the reward chest I got a floating "Press F to exit" - And the exit quest name is "Go to next map"

Missed that one :p, thats one those things that you didnt notice until other people tells you about it.

I'll review the quests tonight since i must be off to job now so

See you later authors!
  • karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Hi Vephid, lolsorhand's comments about your quest being too hard for many players was as much motivation to play as your beautiful screenshots :p

Unfortunately, lolsorhand was right; I couldn't solo that final group at L60 (No idea what happened to the Half-Orc, think they must have died at an encounter on the way). I'd have kept going despite many deaths if the fight had been on the enjoyable side of challenging, but there was too much "Immune" for my CW's taste. Plus the speed of that big guy :eek:

But your map is every bit as lovely as the screenshots promised. This should be added to Nyghoma's group quest sticky, if you haven't added it there already.
  • harbingerdrumharbingerdrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Finished this with my guardian and a gob of pots. NOT a solo in my estimate, unless you are doing a ton of AOE or slashing the groups and blocking like hell, as with a guardian. I suppose a slider may help, but it may damage the coolness of this quest.
    It also wouldn't hurt to put the altar fire by the well for those who cannot survive. That had to be a long run for anyone who died.

That is the down side.
    The plus overwhelms it. I had a lot of fun and the immersion was great. Maps were top notch and great usage of the foundry tools.

If you are not good with multiple mobs, grab a friend and do this quest. You will be glad you did..

the Book Binding series by @HarbingerDrum ----> Help Defeat Lolth's Minions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1- 20, 2- 35, 3- 18, 4- 20 min
    Comments to ->
    the Book Binding
  • ambitionxpambitionxp Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I tried the quest but didn't finish it. The combat was just too much for me as a DC. I recommend avoiding spawned encounters, so you can create an easier solo difficulty level by despawning some mobs with an object or dialog prompt. It would make it more approachable for solo questers (at least non-hardcore combat players).
    NW-DNR5AK4ZK
    The Cursed Armor of Steele
  • janusthemadjanusthemad Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was unable to complete this quest solo due to the high difficulty level. I'd also recommend running all of the dialogue through word or getting someone to help you proof read it.
    A Gladiator's Legacy - NW-DJLZO65TG
    edited August 2013
    Finished this with my guardian and a gob of pots. NOT a solo in my estimate, unless you are doing a ton of AOE or slashing the groups and blocking like hell, as with a guardian. I suppose a slider may help, but it may damage the coolness of this quest.
    It also wouldn't hurt to put the altar fire by the well for those who cannot survive. That had to be a long run for anyone who died.

That is the down side.
    The plus overwhelms it. I had a lot of fun and the immersion was great. Maps were top notch and great usage of the foundry tools.

If you are not good with multiple mobs, grab a friend and do this quest. You will be glad you did..

Thank you for playing my foundry!

BTW, WISH GRANTED ABOUT THE ALTAR!
    edited August 2013
    aaldaemon wrote: »

As many of you guys said, i've just adjusted the difficulty and now there is a difficulty slider!
    edited August 2013
    rogu3ish wrote: »
    I tried this one - I like the environment and the village, and I like the story. But it was just too hard. I didn't find the encounters leading up to the second village too difficult, but I'm a CW and I don't think there's any way a DC could solo this unless they were 60 with crazy gear.

I held off the first two waves in the second village, but when both waves spawned it's just far too much for a solo player. The problem is that if you die the first time, the guards are all dead, and with all the ranged attacks and the casters chain spawning rotters it's just completely overwhelming. I used 3 injury kits then called it. There was no way I was going to pull it off.

I'd strongly recommend a difficulty selection for solo players. For a duo that bit would be fun. For solo, it's just too frustrating :(

If you choose to make it a bit more solo friendly, or put in a difficulty selection, I'd love to try it again. I really liked every other part of the quest.

WISH GRANTED!

And thank you so much for playing my foundry :D.
    edited August 2013
    After some hours of tweaking, im off to bed now.

Forgive me if it takes a while to review all your quests, but i ain't got so much time lately and i wanted to adjust the difficulty asap.

Will review them all tomorrow.

Good night!
  • adylhereadylhere Member Posts: 46
    edited August 2013
    Great map and atmosphere. The village attack felt like a war although I played on easy. I hate that it is a campaign, it got me interested but showed me the chest.

You can try mine NW-DM71LY21M
    edited August 2013
    Bonds of a Brother NW-DCP9XPZHI By Yipikaye.

Played your foundry today, i liked the story and loved the cutscenes, levels were well designed too. Took me a while to leave the sewers and the difficulty was good. Havent played Whispers in the Forest and A Salty Sailor's Brew, but i will play them so i can undestand better the story in Bonds of a brother.

Good job!
    edited August 2013
    rogu3ish wrote: »

Just finished some minutes ago Fleshrend's Big Adventure: NW-DBWJJYFDK by Rogu3ish.

Loved your lore and enviroment, had so much fun once arrived to the swamp village. I would add some more details to the first map and this foundry could be even better than it is right now!

Feels like a dynamic open world to me and that isnt easy to achieve in my opinion.

Keep up the good work!
    edited August 2013
    lolsorhand wrote: »
    I'm up for trading :) - Check the 4th part, The Brethren Song. It's in my sig below.

The Brethren Song - NW-DN73Z66BA By lolsorhand.

Good job!

The maps were highly detailed and the story was great, being able to make your choices liked me a lot, can't tell much more to avoid spoiling the fun to other players.
    About the difficulty, i've chosen the hardest one on the first maps, died once but completed it. Swapped to normal difficulty after that but then swapped to hard difficulty again, so much fun! Being able to do that on every map was great idea.

Thanks for that!
    edited August 2013

That is the down side.

The book binding Pt 4 NW-DPPD7PZBX by harbingerdrum.

This foundry is amazing!!! The maps you did here looked professionally made, looks like a quest made by the developers itself, plus the story is amazing!

I wish i could give you more than five stars.

This is a must play!