test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If this is D&D why does cold hurt undead?

2»

Comments

• dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    bauldrdash wrote: »
    If this is D&D why does cold hurt undead?

The combat is pretty fun, but this has almost nothing to do with D&D.

Why do hot dogs come in packages of ten, but hot dog buns only come in packages of just eight?
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    This is 4th edition rules. Your old rules dont apply to this editions rules. One of the to many to list stupid rules changes they made from 3.5 eidtion to 4th edition.
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is 4th edition rules. Your old rules dont apply to this editions rules. One of the to many to list stupid rules changes they made from 3.5 eidtion to 4th edition.

Was this anywhere near the number of stupid rule changes they made from earlier editions to 3.5 edition?

That would be hard to believe.
  • mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I love 4th edition, though sometimes i feel like i am the only one. This game is VERY, VERY loosely based on 4th edition, which got rif of most elemental resists from monster type.
  • bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    It would really suck if you were a wizard that focused on cold spells, only to find that you were completely useless against a pretty big selection of enemies that you encounter fairly often.

I suppose the solution would be to expand the repertoire of spells available, but that would require diverging from the current skill/tier structure they established for all the classes...

Exactly. Thats were all good things will start. Gotta change the base structure which currently cuts out all D&D rules/concepts by default. Get the D20 system implemented as well, and lets get some D&D fundamentals established. The mundane shoot um up structure has to change for any quality to be implemented.
  • pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dzogen wrote: »
    Why do hot dogs come in packages of ten, but hot dog buns only come in packages of just eight?

You live in a strange place. Where I live they both come in packs of 12.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    pilf3r wrote: »
    You live in a strange place. Where I live they both come in packs of 12.

It's 8 and 10 where I live. Luckily I live in the south, where we have corn meal, so the other two dogs become corn dogs.
  • nasafurenasafure Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Why is Bologna round and bread is square?
    Parting is all we know of heaven, And all we need of hell.
  • zerkaenzerkaen Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Most MMOs got rid of elemental-immune enemies when people got fantastically annoyed that entire dungeons/zones/expansions made their particular classes utterly helpless/useless/not wanted in parties.

Pretty much this.
  • darklock101darklock101 Member Posts: 52
    edited August 2013

I buy the 'bun-length' hot dogs that come in packs of 8. The buns and dogs therefore work out evenly and all the world is in harmony.
  • devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    This game is as much as D&D as Demon Stone or Baldur's Gate" Dark Alliance are D&D. They have the lore and class names but that's where it ends as everything from feats to combat to abilties are completely thrown out the window and an MMO bastardization is done.
  • powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Cos it would be daft to have to respec. every few yards of dungeon!
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This game has taken a lot of compromises for various reasons. I don't fault them for that.
    And 'it's not D&D' is incoherent, given the vast variations that D&D has had.

But there is a LOT that's been sacrificed in the cause of expediency, and it really feels to me like they've left the game paper thin.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    This game has taken a lot of compromises for various reasons. I don't fault them for that.
    And 'it's not D&D' is incoherent, given the vast variations that D&D has had.

But there is a LOT that's been sacrificed in the cause of expediency, and it really feels to me like they've left the game paper thin.

The issue I find is that people go into this expecting 3e or 3.5e rules and are unfamiliar with the 4e ruleset.

That's not to say your view is wrong, but a lot of what people think has been sacrificed or missed out just isn't in the rules anymore anyway.
  • sargeriassargerias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    The issue I find is that people go into this expecting 3e or 3.5e rules and are unfamiliar with the 4e ruleset.

That's not to say your view is wrong, but a lot of what people think has been sacrificed or missed out just isn't in the rules anymore anyway.

Version 4e trys to do the same to D&D what WOW did to online MMORPG. Everything is shallow, easy, more accessible for the new generation of playstation-Kids. That was the Goal and it was successful! THe fact that on D&D conventions is still 3.5 played says everything. Even on the official convention packs you still get 3.5 Adventures handed by wizards of the coast. No real D&D-Fan wants the new Edition.

Back to Neverwinter.... the sad thing is that neverwinter doesnt even follow these ultra shallow ruleset.
    NEverwinter ist a standard asia action MMO that needed a western Touch. Just look at the Cleric.... he cant be more different than even a 4e-Cleric. Its a Priest.... but no cleric not even the slightest bit.

Watch the rogue and his Combat-Animations.... what does that look like.... a asia-manga-overstyled-Dragonball Z-Clone or does it look like the famous Artemis Entreri with his "dance of death"?