test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Newb with loads of Questions !

warpr13stwarpr13st Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
1) Powers - Im only limited to 2 Powers Im able to assign on my Quickslots ?? Then why do they force us to learn most of the powers to progress to the stronger ones , in that case the older ones will be useless then ??

2) Feats - There are three rows , Top , Mid , Bottom , doesn't matter which rows I upgrade, Im still able to pick the Paragon Paths I want to choose in the end right ??

So far these are the biggest question marks, will post somemore if anymore comes up. Tks for the help :p
Post edited by warpr13st on

Comments

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    1. Powers come in 4 varieties:
    a. At-wills
    b. Encounters
    c. Dailies
    d. Passives/class abilities.

As you level, you unlock more slots for each, until you can have 2 dailies, 2 at-wills, 3 encounters (wizards get a 4th), and 2 passives. You need only drag a power from your powers list to an available slot to equip it. You can't do this in combat or if the power in the slot is on cooldown.

2. You must put 5 feat points into each column of feats in order to progress to the next column, and this goes in a left to right fashion. When you hit level 30, you will be able to branch out into 1, 2, or all 3 of the different paths. Be warned, though, if you want to unlock the right-most ability of a specific path, you have to devote most of your feat points to it, so spend your points wisely.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • brandyyyybrandyyyy Member Posts: 70
    edited August 2013
    1ya if you played other MMOs you prolly used to having like 3X10 bars of tons of diff powers. This will not be the case here. Its all about combing them effectivly though and some are more effective in some situations then others I guess. At least theres certian ones that are more useful in pvp than pve and vice versa

2yes
  • vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    2. You must put 5 feat points into each column of feats in order to progress to the next column, and this goes in a left to right fashion. When you hit level 30, you will be able to branch out into 1, 2, or all 3 of the different paths. Be warned, though, if you want to unlock the right-most ability of a specific path, you have to devote most of your feat points to it, so spend your points wisely.

The Heroic point distribution progression is based on a total of 5 points per column to unlock the next
    The Heroic point distribution has no effect on which of the 3 Paragon paths you choose

Once the Paragon path opens, 5 paragon points open the next column in all 3 paths BUT if you want to move horizontally in a path the next points have to be assigned in that specific path.
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Dont fall into the its f2p trap. Read up on how the f2p model works. Just dont put money into the game and it will be f2p if you start throwing money into it its not f2p.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Dont fall into the its f2p trap. Read up on how the f2p model works. Just dont put money into the game and it will be f2p if you start throwing money into it its not f2p.
    . . . . What? Just because someone may buy a nifty mount doesn't all of a sudden mean they have to start paying to play. The game is free to play with convenience and fluff items for sale at a premium. Please don't spread a falsehood about the game's business model. It remains free to play no matter how much or how little one buys in the Zen Shop.
    edited August 2013
    vattara wrote: »
    The Heroic point distribution progression is based on a total of 5 points per column to unlock the next
    The Heroic point distribution has no effect on which of the 3 Paragon paths you choose

Once the Paragon path opens, 5 paragon points open the next column in all 3 paths BUT if you want to move horizontally in a path the next points have to be assigned in that specific path.

Good point! Sorry I glossed over that.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . What? Just because someone may buy a nifty mount doesn't all of a sudden mean they have to start paying to play. The game is free to play with convenience and fluff items for sale at a premium. Please don't spread a falsehood about the game's business model. It remains free to play no matter how much or how little one buys in the Zen Shop.

Like I don't know.. epic mounts in Gauntlgrym? This goes for other PVPs too. Maybe you just like getting chased down because of your slow mount. Perhaps you don't run CN enough to need an Ioun Stone of Allure.

It's F2P sure, but if you enjoy endgame content, you're going to want to shell out about $30 or farm for a couple weeks.
    edited August 2013
    Ever heard of a convenience fee? Like I don't know.. epic mounts in Gauntlgrym? Perhaps you don't run CN enough to need an Ioun Stone of Allure.

It's F2P sure, but if you enjoy endgame content, you're going to need to shell out about $30 or farm for a couple weeks.

You use that word "need"... I do not think it means what you think it means.
  • sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    You use that word "need"... I do not think it means what you think it means.

Fine, edited. My point stands however. You're not going to go far endgame without a couple zen store items. Sure you can acquire them other ways, but in this game constant farming boils down to about $1/hr.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    . . . . If you "need" something from the Zen shop to "compete" with others who also have it... then that is your choice. No one is forcing you to do such and if you think anything in the Zen Store doesn't have an equal or variant version for sale for in-game currency, then I don't know what to tell you other than look through everything again. There's Ioun Stones available through foundry Achievements and other companions through the Wondrous Bazaar and other Seal Vendors. Of course some sort of "farming" will be needed to gain the resources to buy such.

. . . . I have yet to find anything where I needed something from the Zen shop to enjoy the game. Ah, well.. dyes.. I do love me some dyes... I do feel one of my characters does "need" to have white and black dyes... but yeah... I'm sure not everyone else feels that way. To each their own, I suppose. Just remember, it is your choice.
  • eldmorg79eldmorg79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Like I don't know.. epic mounts in Gauntlgrym? This goes for other PVPs too. Maybe you just like getting chased down because of your slow mount. Perhaps you don't run CN enough to need an Ioun Stone of Allure.

It's F2P sure, but if you enjoy endgame content, you're going to want to shell out about $30 or farm for a couple weeks.

this game is very F2P considering other game... it gives u option to earn zen in game... unlimited amount... so u can buy from shop all u want...

but if u want best mount and uber gear first day of playing, i doubt u will find that in any game... or anywhere in the world...
    Veno Forever <3
    edited August 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . If you "need" something from the Zen shop to "compete" with others who also have it... then that is your choice. No one is forcing you to do such and if you think anything in the Zen Store doesn't have an equal or variant version for sale for in-game currency, then I don't know what to tell you other than look through everything again. There's Ioun Stones available through foundry Achievements and other companions through the Wondrous Bazaar and other Seal Vendors. Of course some sort of "farming" will be needed to gain the resources to buy such.

. . . . I have yet to find anything where I needed something from the Zen shop to enjoy the game. Ah, well.. dyes.. I do love me some dyes... I do feel one of my characters does "need" to have white and black dyes... but yeah... I'm sure not everyone else feels that way. To each their own, I suppose. Just remember, it is your choice.

This is all very true and I agree completely. My point being that you have pay or farm for ages to be able to "compete" in this game. Yes I farmed for my mount and my stone. So I was once in the curb-stomping position. Now that I have that, I can actually play the game with other competent players.

Oh yeah, also, let me go buy a Wererat Thief with 200 drake seals. That will totally be useful in Castle Never.
  • wruswrus Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    selam ne zaman yeni pech gelir l
    edited August 2013
    wrus wrote: »
    Greetings. This is an English Forum. If you can, please use a translator so we can understand you. Thanks!
    http://www.bing.com/translator
    edited August 2013
    Hi Can you tell me when the new patch comes?
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    warpr13st wrote: »
    1) Powers - Im only limited to 2 Powers Im able to assign on my Quickslots ?? Then why do they force us to learn most of the powers to progress to the stronger ones , in that case the older ones will be useless then ??

2) Feats - There are three rows , Top , Mid , Bottom , doesn't matter which rows I upgrade, Im still able to pick the Paragon Paths I want to choose in the end right ??

So far these are the biggest question marks, will post somemore if anymore comes up. Tks for the help :p

1) its partially a flawed system. Partially because in places, depending on which class, you have to put points into something you will never use, and that should not be. However, much more often (again, depends on the class) you can put points into alternate skills that allow you to swap some things --- allowing a single build to be effective in solo, pve, and pvp play if you do it carefully (focused on one but functional in the other 2). An example, my GWF solo uses encounters that hit a single target very hard and at-will and daily aoes are sufficient. In a group, I put on the encounter aoe skills. In pvp, the skills that stun (takedown) become more useful. I can have all that due to the excessive amounts of points we are given; I have at least 2/3 points in everything I will use and 3/3 in most!

That does not change the fact that over 50% of your points are inactive at any given time. Basically, you KNOW how to perform whatever spell or action, but you just can't pull it off in combat because you did not slot it????? That makes no sense, really -- either you know the skill or you do not. This is a flaw in the design, a compromise made to keep the interface simple and the characters from being too OP. If it were like a FPS game where you could change encounters like weapons, moving from sniper rifle to bfg to grenades to missiles to minigun etc as you please, we would be way too powerful for the content and pvp would be even more borken.

2) yes. The only real issue with feats is that if you want the top "capstone" 1 point feat at the end of a path, you have to spend a bunch of points in that path (not just any path, that one). The second thing to know is that you have 10 points left after reaching a capstone, so you can have a couple of feats outside the chosen path. For many classes, the capstone path is not as good as a distribution across all 3 trees -- but it depends heavily on what you want to do. That is, stated clearly: you can pick ANY feats you like in the pre-paragon section. You can even put 13 points in the first column, skip the second column entirely, etc. Then each paragon section is like the pre-paragon section. That is, inside the paragon section you can skip columns and stack other columns as you see fit, you just need a grand total to reach the capstone. HOWEVER if you put 2 points in each one feat for each of the 3 paths, you cannot progress to the second column in ANY path! It takes 5 points in one path to move to the next column, and that is ONLY the next column in THAT path, not the other 2. Got it?
    edited August 2013
    Hi Can you tell me when the new patch comes?
    Well met! Thank you for translating, I couldn't figure out what language you were speaking. My apologies!

Check out the thread here for details:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?438781

Maintenance started an hour ago and is expected to be done sometime within the next hour or so. Keep an eye on that thread above for when it is done, we'll update it.
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    oh, and on mounts and stones and the store...
    I bought a green (trade bar guy) stone for my guys out of the AH, they are not out of reach expensive. You have 1 less slot than the blue one, and the difference in your character's performance is minimal.

mounts... if you want to pvp, IMHO you have bigger problems than your mount. You need top gear with top enchants --- and at the current prices, I think I can buy a horse for everyone on my friend's list for the amount of diamonds needed to gear out for pvp with top quality enchants. And if you think you do not need the top gear to pvp --- ok, fine, but in that case, a faster mount won't save you either.
    edited August 2013
    selam ben t
    edited August 2013
    Selam . Ben T
  • badpanda69badpanda69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Google Translate: l salute comes when a new pech

For the love of all things Holy dont use Google Translate .
    edited August 2013
    selam ben t
    Selam . Ben T
    The forums do not like special characters and will spew a hidden error and omit them and everything after them. :(

Please use a translator if you can. Is this Turkish or Arabic?
  • warpr13stwarpr13st Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Firstly I must thank you all who replied to my question.
    Secondly sorry for this late reply , I subscribed my thread and I've asked it for Daily E-Mail Notification...somehow I didn't Notify me...I wonder why....
    But basically my questions been answered , tks alot =)

One more thing , about the Bounty I collected in Tower District , I can exchange for this Lion Seal , what is it for is it of any use? Or I should just drop all the Bounty on the floor ??
    edited August 2013
    warpr13st wrote: »
    Firstly I must thank you all who replied to my question.
    Secondly sorry for this late reply , I subscribed my thread and I've asked it for Daily E-Mail Notification...somehow I didn't Notify me...I wonder why....
    But basically my questions been answered , tks alot =)

One more thing , about the Bounty I collected in Tower District , I can exchange for this Lion Seal , what is it for is it of any use? Or I should just drop all the Bounty on the floor ??

The seals are used to buy epic gear. At lower levels, it is not worth it to turn in bounty items for seals. You would be better off either turning in 10 of them for the item cache, or selling them on the auction house for a few astral diamonds.
  • warpr13stwarpr13st Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    The seals are used to buy epic gear. At lower levels, it is not worth it to turn in bounty items for seals. You would be better off either turning in 10 of them for the item cache, or selling them on the auction house for a few astral diamonds.

Ok Tks for the info.
    Also about Profession, so far Im only training Platesmithing ( I think it's Platesmiething ) , since it's the items I be using for my class. Like Shirt and Trousers too. Should bother with others too ? Is Profession even something I should bother with ??