test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Foundry Tips

jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Foundry
What do you do with your Foundry Tips?

I have kept mine sitting there to warm my heart.

Even though it is a small amount 4.45k - it sometimes tempts me to withdraw for maybe a chance at the new Healer Companion. I keep it there though because it makes me happy to see it.
Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
Post edited by jintortle on

Comments

• Options
    agentjasporagentjaspor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Might as well withdraw them. It's not like they collect interest just sitting there. :P

If you want a reminder of how much a quest made in tips, it shows you when you go to edit it through the Foundry.
  • Options
    zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Still storing my up. It's the only way to know the total tips I've made.
  • Options
    agentjasporagentjaspor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    zovya wrote: »
    Still storing my up. It's the only way to know the total tips I've made.

Won't adding up the totals shown in edit mode do the trick? Unless the whole "Featured" thing screws it up since they're playing a copy there and you can't really edit it so you can't view the tips for those in edit mode. Nevermind, I'll show myself out. :P
  • Options
    zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Won't adding up the totals shown in edit mode do the trick? Unless the whole "Featured" thing screws it up since they're playing a copy there and you can't really edit it so you can't view the tips for those in edit mode. Nevermind, I'll show myself out. :P

LOL, yep. Can't see the tips from featured quests.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    . . . . . I have made around 1,250,000 in AD tips so far. I've only withdrawn half of it and out of that, spent maybe half of it on cosmetic things like dyes and transmuting. Who knows though what the future holds.... it might all end up getting spent on dyes and transmuting! Seriously though, I'm grateful for these tips even though I don't spend them very often. I plan on saving it up as long as I can and maybe someday using a portion of it for things like contests and giveaways.
  • Options
    redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I always withdraw the tips, then use them to tip other Authors.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • Options
    crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I started withdrawing them when my achievement for being tipped got stalled out. I wanted to see what I was being tipped by guildies running my quest as they ran it and it was way easier than doing math :P Otherwise I would have let them sit there :D Once I got that achievement I have let them sit there.
  • Options
    izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I hit a million by the second week, I'm not sure how much since because I spent it all! I spend it as it comes in and I am still broke! Enchantments are super expensive. Right now I'm trying to upgrade my lesser soul-forged enchant to a full soul-forged, but those are going for 800k right now. I really want a greater soulforge but thats a cool 3 million...
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    I always withdraw the tips, then use them to tip other Authors.

All The Best
    Yeah, some of my withdrawn AD went to that too! Paying it forward!
  • Options
    karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Well, this is a great thread to see who doesn't need tipping ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    karitr wrote: »
    Well, this is a great thread to see who doesn't need tipping ;)

LOL

I wish I could say I didn't need any more tips.

These people sitting on 1,000,000 + AD clearly have it too good - lol.

For the record I'm on 48K, trying to get enough to trade for Zen to unlock more character slots.

All The Best

• Options
    karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I'll try and remember to leave a big one next time I run one of your stories ronin :)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Could be a while.

I'm pretty much done with the Foundry until after the Patch later this month.

Apart from logging in today to do a review over at Scribe's I've not logged in to the game for close to a week.

I think I managed three and half weeks at 75ish hours a week for An Ancient Curse.

That kind of engagement is not sustainable, or healthy.

So I took a step back.

In the foundry now, tinkering with a pre-made map to make it "mine" and different to how it plays as-is. Just need part of it for a quick tunnel-run to link two other maps.

All The Best

• Options
    xpurpleinsanityxxpurpleinsanityx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I save it up here and there with the idea of saving up for something big.....

Then, I see something shiny and I say......I must have this shiny. :3

BAM...there go the tips. >_>
    yGX5UJU.jpg
    Threads: Part 1: Rising of the Dragons (NW-DNGIC6AJC) | Part 2: Abyssal Pursuit (NW-DESQ9HQAZ)
  • Options
    antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Tips is new to me but I am saving to buy some bags at the moment.
  • Options
    docsc00terdocsc00ter Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm actually saving mine up for something special. Maybe a gemmed shirt to go with my gemmed pants for my Cleric, or something like that.

And, of course, I'm quick to share a maximum tip with just about every Foundry I play (until hitting the daily limit). Because I spend more time doing Foundries than Dungeons, I'm always poor. But I'm using the AD I get from the Leadership Profession, so it's easy to toss 500 AD to a fellow author for encouragement.
  • Options
    jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Great Idea Guys. I might use it for my own tipping.

Cheers!!
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)