test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anyone else having login issues?

lorkinalorkina Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Anyone else stuck at "Connecting to the Login Server"?
Post edited by lorkina on

Comments

• lowqfahlowqfah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 10
    edited August 2013
    I try to star the launcher, it pops up a IE window and acts like it cannot connect to a web page. Majorly screwed up.
  • locozocolocozoco Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am having the same issue. I try to launch the game, the launcher window pops up and states "Loading, please wait" on a white screen. Then about 3 minutes later I get an IE window pop up that states in length.

This program cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
    •You are not connected to the Internet.
    •The website is encountering problems.
    •There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:

Check your Internet connection. Try visiting another website to make sure you are connected.
    Retype the address.
    Go back to the previous page.

More information
  • vordraxianvordraxian Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm having the same problem. The Launcher tries to autoupdate and times out after 5 connection attempts, and trying to run gameclient.exe (which I admit I've never tried before and which may or may not work even under optimal circumstances) brings up the Cryptic spash screen and then hangs. Eventually the application crashes and I have to end it.
  • locozocolocozoco Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It might be a server issue. I just checked another of Cryptic/PWE's games "Star Trek Online" and they are NOT having this issue with their launcher/server.

The Gateway does not seen to be effected by the current issue.
  • oresaloresal Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same issue here.

Will post here if I find anything that works.
  • acesjgacesjg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same problem here. Feeling a bit pissed right now.
    edited August 2013
    I'm guessing that there's a server (or a service running on a server) that JUST handles autoupdates for the launcher, and that's probably down. What I don't know is how to get the attention of the "powers that be" at Perfectworld to have a server admin restart that server/service. I'd be surprised if that didn't clear it up. Anyway, I submitted a ticket, but I have no idea if that will get the issue noticed, or when. Anybody got a phone number for these guys?
  • sorath2sorath2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm having the same issue. Says the update server is timing out and then I get a fatal error.
  • aznxknightzaznxknightz Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yep, same here. Can't go to gateway either to do some profession tasking. However for some odd reason when i access the gateway via my iphone using a 3gs connections i can connect to it but on my desktop using wifi i can't. That's very strange.

Hmm it seems to fix at random points but i still can't log in to gateway for some odd reason unless i do it through my phone's 3gs service.
    edited August 2013
    Accessing the Gateway via my browser seems to be fine. Of course, that doesn't mean it's fine for everybody or that the Gateway isn't borked as well in some way, but it's working okay for me.
  • freya124freya124 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yep, same here. Can't go to gateway either to do some profession tasking. However for some odd reason when i access the gateway via my iphone using a 3gs connections i can connect to it but on my desktop using wifi i can't. That's very strange.

Hmm it seems to fix at random points but i still can't log in to gateway for some odd reason unless i do it through my phone's 3gs service.

Same here - the launcher hangs, still.
    edited August 2013
    vordraxian wrote: »
    Accessing the Gateway via my browser seems to be fine. Of course, that doesn't mean it's fine for everybody or that the Gateway isn't borked as well in some way, but it's working okay for me.

Can't get to Gateway via Chrome browser on PC, either.
    edited August 2013
    freya124 wrote: »
    Can't get to Gateway via Chrome browser on PC, either.

"Windows confirmed that "gatewhay.playnevertiner.com" is currently online, but is not responding to connection attempts at this time" says the IE diagnostic program, when I tried with IE.

Borked. Pity. Hoped to play. Later.
  • frozen556frozen556 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Any of you guys using fios? i only ask because that had that fios exclusive rubber banding issue a few weeks back and i was wondering if any of you had those problems then. I'm in the same boat
  • xhuixhui Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    hah just started playing this game today, what a great welcome!
  • klegaddinklegaddin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I managed to login once, started one character, then switched to another. When I tried to switch back, I started to get Login Server Connection issues. Says "Login Server Comnnection Failed" and then returns me to password sign in.
  • mosby1mosby1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 288 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Same here, have not been able to login all day.
    DM's Studio - NW-DHZ5DAV4R
    The Cursed Emerald:
    1. Weird of the Weather-witch -- NW-DEZAK4QPA
    2. The Ambitious Apprentice -- NW-DLRAVW4S4
  • frozen556frozen556 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It seems the launcher is trying to reach http://neverwinteronline.de and failing after a successful DNS lookup. All HTTP connections to this server time out, but I am able to ping and treacert this server's IP without any issues. If you start the game directly without the launcher, it just hangs up attempting to connect to the login server.

I think this has to do with my FIOS connection and something between Verizon's network and the server, because if I use a SOCKS proxy to forward all my inter net traffice through a server I have in Florida I am able to login normally.
  • lawlwutdoodlawlwutdood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was on for awhile, then i went out for a cig, it kicked me for being afk for 15 minutes (which is waaaaay to short of an afk timer imo) and now its saying the server is not responding, and that its timeout from gameserver. dafaq?
  • ryin89ryin89 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    what a piece of **** game and to think so many people play this game (i am one of them) and they can't even fix their servers.....i have verizon fios and this is the only game i am having trouble connecting to....i have tried restarting my computer, the program and i have tried flushing my dns and nothing seems to work......good job cryptic.
  • thorrekblocksthorrekblocks Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    frozen556 wrote: »
    It seems the launcher is trying to reach http://neverwinteronline.de and failing after a successful DNS lookup. All HTTP connections to this server time out, but I am able to ping and treacert this server's IP without any issues. If you start the game directly without the launcher, it just hangs up attempting to connect to the login server.

I think this has to do with my FIOS connection and something between Verizon's network and the server, because if I use a SOCKS proxy to forward all my inter net traffice through a server I have in Florida I am able to login normally.

I am also using FIOS. All of my other games work just fine. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and I cant even get the patcher to load... so annoying. Someone should be posting from Cryptic if so many people are having problems...
  • lowqfahlowqfah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 10
    edited August 2013
    Yep, I've been down for 5 hours now. No communication. White screen of no log in death. Another glorious cryptic game.
  • shelendilshelendil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Using Verizon DSL here, and having the same issues for the past 5-6 hours.
  • kirwenkirwen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I tried using Verison DNS and Google 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4 and was still having issues.
  • lawlwutdoodlawlwutdood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i was just able to make a new character and I got to the door to switch to the bridge and then it started having that no respond problem again..gfg.......
  • knohvaknohva Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm also using Verizon DSL. First I was getting the white launcher screen now it is the "Unable to Authenticate" error. I tried everything I've read in this forum and nothing has worked :(
  • bimblefbimblef Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same problem, white screen in the launcher, and also on Verizon (FiOS). I can't get to neverwinteronline.de through the Verizon network, but taking my cell phone off the wi-fi and onto Sprint's network, I was able to get to that address in a browser with no issues.

A traceroute gets to that address from my PC without any interruption, so I assume it's whatever server the client would be redirected to after that server in Germany that's being blocked (or that's blocking me).
  • justicebringer3justicebringer3 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is creepy. I also have Verizon FiOS and am unable to get into the launcher and Gateway.
  • novaeclipse1980novaeclipse1980 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    yep i also have verison FIOS and could not sign in for past 8 hours. it discconects at auto lancher at 5th attemt
  • brendan03usbrendan03us Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's likely an issue with Verizon FIOS and Cogent, the backbone pipe provider that Cryptic uses. See here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?433041-Timed-Out-Connecting-to-Game-Server&p=5457131&viewfull=1#post5457131