test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Class Specific Dye Packs

vientorvientor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 80
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Reading the description, they sound just like the default armor colors for each class. Is there any difference? If not, what is the point?
Post edited by vientor on

Comments

• Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    That is EXACTLY what they are.

So if you are a CW the CW dye is useless. But you could use the DC dye if white is more your color.

Some of the options actually are pretty good. Rogues in DC colors have a nifty Assassins Creed feel to them. DCs in CW look pretty good as well. The silver trim matches well against the base chainmail.
  • Options
    lordgrimmwoodlordgrimmwood Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My wizard has the Guardian Fighter dye pack on him, and he looks awesome :)
    tumblr_mm7g22WQog1spm248o1_1280.png

My first Foundry mission, The Valley of Darkness NW-DG9DOTZLU
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    OK. Good to know.

I had thought about other classes using them, but the colors seem so bland/common that it didn't seem like they would be worthwhile. Though, I guess with different highlight areas, some of them could look pretty good...at least different. I may have to try out some combinations to see how they look.

Btw, if you have, say, a TR, and dye it with DC colors, and don't like it, will the TR dye pack restore it to the original color?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Correct, it will indeed.

You could also use a dye remover for the same effect. But their shouldn't be much need. You get a pretty good idea of what its going to look like before committing to it.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Another important thing to keep in mind: The dye packs do NOT change the material type of the armor. By this I mean that the white from a DC dye pack will almost be unnoticeable on a GF, since their metal armor doesn't pick up colors as well. At the same time, the greys/browns of a GWF pack actually look more beige/tan when used on a CW, (as I chose to do).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I had seen dye remover, so I wasn't sure if you needed that or if you could just re-dye.

OK, so it is not just the highlighting that can make it look different. The material also affects the coloring? That's good to know.

• Options
    schulz87schulz87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    can anyone list the dye packs color for each class?

I only notice CW with purple, DC with whiite, what about TW, GWF and GF?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    TW is dark brown
    GF is dark grey
    GWF is lighter browns and greys

GWF looks pretty good on TR armor, makes the metal studs stand out more. CW is a nice option for your peasant pants to make them look like blue jeans.

You can use a dye bottle over a dye pack to change part of it for further customization. I used red dyes from the starter gifts to cover the white from Lliira dye packs do up a full Spider-Man suit for my TR for a while.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    schulz87schulz87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    what about for CW? what dye packs suits their armor or even the shirt and pants
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    schulz87 wrote: »
    what about for CW? what dye packs suits their armor or even the shirt and pants

Have not tried them myself, obviously, but...
    My wizard has the Guardian Fighter dye pack on him, and he looks awesome :)
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    That is EXACTLY what they are.

So if you are a CW the CW dye is useless. But you could use the DC dye if white is more your color.

Some of the options actually are pretty good. Rogues in DC colors have a nifty Assassins Creed feel to them. DCs in CW look pretty good as well. The silver trim matches well against the base chainmail.

The DC has no white color in it's color pattern, at all. It is light grey and semi light blue + golden.

(when used on cloth, it indeed does look white-ish)

Some examples:

z6qy.jpgdy16.jpg3d0v.jpgas5g.jpg

The CW dye may be the cheapest and ugliest, but it looks great on shirts/pants and capes.

(pic 3 & 4 for details)

Have fun.

• Options
    cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    here's CW in DC dye pack (chest & head only since I didn't make it to better tier) fuwp.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    The DC has no white color in it's color pattern, at all. It is light grey and semi light blue + golden.

(when used on cloth, it indeed does look white-ish)

Have fun.

The DC colors are indeed white. But as mentioned already.
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Another important thing to keep in mind: The dye packs do NOT change the material type of the armor. By this I mean that the white from a DC dye pack will almost be unnoticeable on a GF, since their metal armor doesn't pick up colors as well. At the same time, the greys/browns of a GWF pack actually look more beige/tan when used on a CW, (as I chose to do).

Some colors when used on metal, tend to wash out badly against the metal. This is most likely due to how metal shine overlays the color.

The same pack going from cloth to metal can really have an entirely different look to it.
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The description is a little misleading on the DC dye pack; DCs don't really wear blue, it only looks white and gray with gold trim. I guess it looks bluer on armor.

Also, I bought a bunch of CW dye packs from the AH for my TR. I haven't used them yet, but previewed them on his gear and it looks fabulous in dark blue. It's nice to set him apart since most TRs in the game seem to wear red and green.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    abell39 wrote: »
    It's nice to set him apart since most TRs in the game seem to wear red and green.

A sad side effect of the Lliira event.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    my hubby and me composed the dye pack colors on the official wiki

Official Wiki - Dyepacks
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Official Wiki - Dyepacks

Great work you two!
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Official Wiki - Dyepacks

Thank you! That's seriously awesome!