test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Items purchased for Glory or Grym Coins can no longer be sold for Gold.

2»

Comments

• Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    hobokenboy wrote: »
    According to previous posts and a long "discussion" thread about this very issue back when it first became a "problem", farming normal game content is approved and encouraged. Farming Foundry content is not approved nor encouraged, therefore a reward cap was instituted.

It's not so much disapproved as the devs realizing that someone with half a brain can create content that gives rewards in excess of normal content which detracts from the main focus of the Foundry which is for people to create stories.

Essentially the devs are trying to reach a balance where people who play story missions shouldn't be hit with the cap whereas those who play farming missions are.
  • Options
    revmalrevmal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    hosdave wrote: »
    Logic? This is a game I pay to have fun in. No, I am not going to do anything other than an Epic There is no benefit to me or my character. Since I enjoy and primarily play for PVP the reasons for me to continue playing (and paying for) this game are virtually nil..

Funny, since I have started playing this game (day it went open beta) I have spent $10 on a bag, the rest I farmed. This game is completely FTP, so any money you spent was on you, not because they twisted your arm, not because of a sub fee, but because you want an easy way to get stuff. PvP is not a focus of this game, there is open world pvp, not even dueling, this game is centered on the foundry and player designed content. If you ignore it, then you are not getting the most out of the game, some of the creations are better than any commercial dungeon released for any game, and most can be done solo. I get pots, chants and other consumables from them, and AD for every 4 I finish. I also get Blue drops from time to time, which sell for a little bit of AD in the AH. I have no issue with affording potions, and I have lots of 5th level chants, I hate combining them higher unless I have a coalescent ward, and those I have to save for.
  • Options
    hosdavehosdave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    revmal wrote: »
    Funny, since I have started playing this game (day it went open beta) I have spent $10 on a bag, the rest I farmed. This game is completely FTP, so any money you spent was on you, not because they twisted your arm, not because of a sub fee, but because you want an easy way to get stuff. PvP is not a focus of this game, there is open world pvp, not even dueling, this game is centered on the foundry and player designed content. If you ignore it, then you are not getting the most out of the game, some of the creations are better than any commercial dungeon released for any game, and most can be done solo. I get pots, chants and other consumables from them, and AD for every 4 I finish. I also get Blue drops from time to time, which sell for a little bit of AD in the AH. I have no issue with affording potions, and I have lots of 5th level chants, I hate combining them higher unless I have a coalescent ward, and those I have to save for.

This game is a business and it's about making money. I did spend money. I guess they've already made all they want to make off me because I'm not paying another dime for this game. They couldn't even balance a see-saw. Their priorities are all messed up.

You don't have to pay but they are not making much money off you are they? So what is their motivation to keep you in this game? If you don't pay they are actually losing money.

I take a lot of damage in an epic PVE dungeon -- I'm a rogue & wizard. I use pots a lot. I am frustrated that I can't actually have FUN getting the basic consumables needed to play this game because they want to punish bots? All they had to do was bump up the base value of the small potions from 1 to 2. It would have a minimal impact on new players and it would cut "glory to gold" profits in half. They are removing all of the rewards from PVP because they don't want to SPEND money on maintenence. This game is all about money now -- screw the future. Having a group of employees actually banning bots or making "free account creation" a bit more secure (to keep the farmers out) is just too much overhead.

2 million users? Hah. Hell, the queue for PVP and other content is longer than ever. Game is going down faster than the Titanic at this rate. PVP is a big deal in online games and should not be dismissed. It's a significant portion of the margin.
  • Options
    derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ok so basicly if we can't sell pots back to the vendors we must see major increase in the gold gains

from epic dungeons & normal game content as a whole , which I believe was not adressed in this patch .

All we can do right now is hope for reverting of this patch or soon even the most worthless epics will

ecome 10-15k AD just becuz of their gold value .

EDIT : I hate this patch , I really do .
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • Options
    hobokenboyhobokenboy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    It's not so much disapproved as the devs realizing that someone with half a brain can create content that gives rewards in excess of normal content which detracts from the main focus of the Foundry which is for people to create stories.

Essentially the devs are trying to reach a balance where people who play story missions shouldn't be hit with the cap whereas those who play farming missions are.

Thereby penalizing a perfectly legitimate method of game play...one that they actually /encourage/ in their own content. But heaven forbid someone make something more efficient than their product WITH their product. I gotcha.

Whatever the reason, it was a bad choice on the company's part in my eyes. And one that I'll not support in any way, shape or form.

But this is sidetrack conversation. It seems to me that the company is doing all the wrong things to "solve" problems it's already encountered in its other two games. It seems to me like they haven't learned a darn thing about game design or bug/exploit fixing. Almost like they've had absolutely ZERO previous experience designing games....which is patently untrue. Star Trek Online and Champions online stand as this company's previous two games. One is modestly successful due to a built in fanbase(my take on it) and the other languishes from lack of development and new content.

This "solution" of theirs is in my eyes completely wrong, but at least they're trying.
    I'm unhappy and I can't say why.
  • Options
    brendan03usbrendan03us Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    As a predominantly Foundry player myself, it's obvious that players could create very exploitative Foundries for self-serving purposes -- something that upsets game balance as conceived by the developers. It's too easy to abuse if it isn't capped.
  • Options
    accneverwinteraccneverwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3
    edited August 2013
    That was the worst idea they had.
    Trashing the gameplay of honest players with the justification that it was a measure to control bots.
    Much better if it had continued the way it was.
  • Options
    zenni123zenni123 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Seriosly, i'm really pissed with this patch, they r punishing EVERY player for their mistakes, they could did something else, like all other games does, i wont mention any title, but i hope they revert this patch, because this is ruining my gameplay and i was loving, like REALLY loving this game, i was even thinking about buying the D&D Books to read more about the history, but now... i'm thinking about quiting, they "canceled" the TRs nerf bcuz 99% of the players are TRs, they dont fix exploits, they make this patch thingy and next will bound GG/PvP items... seriosly, whats wrong with u guys?! I cant buy potions to my epics, pvp lost the meaning and tomorrow the Gauntlgrym will lost the meaning, u farm your set and its over, no more GGs bcuz makes no sense.