test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Where Do You Store The Goods You Create In Your Professions? In Your Inventory? Or?

digesthisicknessdigesthisickness Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
When you create things with professions that later will be needed to create more, higher quality items of the same, where do you store them? My inventory is filling up QUICKLY and can only hold so much thus severely limiting how much I can create with professions no matter how many slots I've earned/opened for crafting. Is there a place to store these items that I don't know about?

They automatically go into regular inventory once created, so I know of no other place.
Post edited by digesthisickness on

Comments

• Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    To be honest, I bought enough of the largest sized bags to fill out one character. From there, I keep some of the often traded between characters items (High Level Potions, Enchants, Runes, etc.) in the Mail System. I use my currently inactive Toons as storage for lower-level, or seldom used, yet still useful, stuff.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Very good ideas. So, basically, there is no official spot for storage to go along with all of the crafting then, and the best thing to do is imaginative organization. Ha. Time to work out some sort of creative storage system. Thanks.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't, or didn't. I vendored a lot of mundane shirts and did a lot of mass-prep tasks overnight for levelling XP. I determined pretty early on that making magical items beyond what I could use immediately or had a fairly reasonable chance of auctioning off was essentially a waste of residuum (and storage space).
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    vientorvientor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 80
    edited August 2013
    I don't, or didn't. I vendored a lot of mundane shirts and did a lot of mass-prep tasks overnight for levelling XP. I determined pretty early on that making magical items beyond what I could use immediately or had a fairly reasonable chance of auctioning off was essentially a waste of residuum (and storage space).

The problem with that is that several professions require those previously made items to make the next level item, which would make sense if their crafting system wasn't so cumbersome.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    For the most part, it makes more sense to do upgrades like that all at once rather than sitting on a pile of items for an undetermined time period while waiting to level up.

The rationale for focusing on pants or shirts for levelling is that they're not cumulative.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    m1nuendm1nuend Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My bags have the most common found enchants in first bag.

Most common potions in second bag.

Obligatory items like injury kit, id scrolls, bounty, skill sets in third.

Profession items is usually stored with potions in the second bag. I still have like 15 slots total for greens.

Anything I wont use for a while, I mail or put in the bank. So if it will be like 2 days until I use profession items - mail.
    39275e2ac4.jpg
  • Options
    parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Mail them to yourself.
  • Options
    shelendilshelendil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Any crafted item that could be upgraded at a higher level went into the mail in groups of five. Creating and saving these is definitely the most time-efficient way to level a profession.
  • Options
    desstzodesstzo Member Posts: 77
    edited August 2013
    I use a second account for my runes and the rest is stored in mail

Ah well
    -Desstzo
  • Options
    brendan03usbrendan03us Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Use the mail -- most people use it as an extra bank in this game.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    vientor wrote: »
    The problem with that is that several professions require those previously made items to make the next level item, which would make sense if their crafting system wasn't so cumbersome.

That would matter if the items your craft(besides epic gemmed shirt/pants and reinforced gloves) were of any worth or use. The resources used to make them often cost more than the AH value of the items.

For alchemy, I don't craft any potions at all, just dye packs and vitriol. I'm still leveling and I just buy all my experimentation potions from the AH. For everything else, it's vendor trash.

For runes/enchants and spare sets I store sets in my bags, normally filling up the 3rd(and smallest) bag. Runes and enchants I fuse and store in the bank or mail.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    masterawolmasterawol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Mail stuff to yourself and don't collect it but make the subject line have a list of items. I done this with my lower level runes just to remove them from my inventory works great.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I used to mail them to myself - typically in groups of 5 identical +1, +2 or +4 items. Now that I have mailsmithing at 20, I keep 8 items in my inventory - fancy scale/chain pants/shirts, just so that I have them at hand if an "exquisite" recipe becomes available while I am using the gateway. That's all.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    koreanheartkoreanheart Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i just auction everything i dont use. but nice advice on mailing to yourself.. but sounds kinda sad in reality. lol #datnofriendslife
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    marc5ivermarc5iver Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Can someone explain how to use the mail system to store and retrieve goods? Can this also be used to transfer goods between alts? Have only used the mail system for getting the emails from the game. Didn't know I good mail stuff as well.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    marc5iver wrote: »
    Can someone explain how to use the mail system to store and retrieve goods? Can this also be used to transfer goods between alts? Have only used the mail system for getting the emails from the game. Didn't know I good mail stuff as well.

If your account name is say, marc5iver, then just send a mail to

@marc5iver

and all your alts on the SAME server can access it. That is all there is to it ;)

Careful with the delete button BTW :(
  • Options
    bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    desstzo wrote: »
    I use a second account for my runes and the rest is stored in mail

Ah well
    -Desstzo

I also have done this same method, i made another account primaly for enchants and runstones, i had already 2 accounts with 4 lvl 60's on.
    Making another account costs nothing, all you have to do is provide a new e-mail address to create. ( which you can obtain from the 100's free e-mail providers on the internet) I then lvl'd a character to lvl 4,( which does not take very long) so it as a base in Protectors Enclave and more so the mail box.

In the end when bored one day i lvl'd this 'bank' alt up to lvl 16 and so now i get the added benifit of having professions available and also the daily praying, so now it as the added benifit of making a daily amount of AD too and profession items.

I do as many mentioned previously use the mail system to store items, but my main use for this 'bank' alt is kept for Enchnats and runstones, every one i obtain any on my main characters i mail to this 'bank' alt and there i store and fuse all the Enchants and runestones until they are a usuable rank or of a rank which can be sold for a decent amount in the AH, then i mail them back to a main who would benifit the most from them or the AD they would make from the AH.

this as worked out a very efective system, keeps all my main characters bags free from 'clutter' and makes quite a decent amount of AD along they way too
  • Options
    mytgroomytgroo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I auction some of the stuff I don't use. Sometimes, I put crafted items in the Guild Bank for other people. I try and take as much as I give for the guild bank.
  • Options
    zaodunzaodun Member Posts: 39
    edited August 2013
    I use the "email" bank, it has unlimited storage (in chunks of 5).
  • Options
    stabbathstabbath Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mail doesn't expire? I've been sending to a mule account.
  • Options
    bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    zaodun wrote: »
    I use the "email" bank, it has unlimited storage (in chunks of 5).

I have been told the mail boxes do have a max contents cap, but unless anybody here can enlighten me i have no idea what the cap is
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Thanks so much for the highly informative advice, guys. So glad I asked! It definitely takes quite a bit of organizing, but it's do-able, and that's what matters.