test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question about the Tymora's gifts

zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Earlier today I was playing an alt and ran through a low level (but level appropriate) dungeon. After it was over I noticed I didn't get any gifts, but others in the party did.

So my question is, in a group setting, are the gift drops per character or free-for-all? I have a hard time believing we could clear an entire dungeon and I didn't get a single gift.
Post edited by zombieelvis on

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As with other loot you don't need to roll for, you shouldn't even be able to see theirs, and they shouldn't be able to see yours, afaik.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    also as you mention a low level one, only mobs of your level will drop something for you so you probably need to look for mosnters of your level if you want some of the fun that is happening now :)
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You have to walk over your boxes to pick them up.
  • axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Like white and grey items, lockboxes are individual drops.
    Other players cannot see your boxes, nor can you see theirs, and they won't go up for roll regardless of rarity (they're always considered purple atm)

And yea tymora's gift functions as a lockbox, even though its not locked.

Droprate is about 1%, so yea it's entirely possible to complete a whole dungeon without getting one.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'll chalk it up to just a spot of bad luck.
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Oh ya and dont forget they disappear sometimes randomly because the lazy guys didnt internally test anything once again
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    last night I was soloing foundry missions so was hubby not in same team just in same room., all level appropriate, he got like 10 boxes I got 2 over the course of like 4 long missions. Sometimes its all about the luck. You can always get them on AH
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I didn't want to start a new topic, so I'll ask this here:

I know the devs commented that these don't drop in Gauntalgrym, but can anybody confirm for me whether they drop in other epic dungeons?

Thanks!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • deathkill43deathkill43 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yes they drop in epic dungeons
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You dont nessecarily have to be the exact same level as the monsters to get the boxes. I was doing quests in Neverdeath to get the last bag. And my character was 33-34 while the monsters were level 27-29. And I still got boxes every now and then. As long as the monsters are in an adequate level range close to yours. You should get boxes still.

they seem to drop as often, if not just a tad bit more than nightmare lockboxes.
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If they were dropping that slow for you, then you was obviously doing it wrong. It was bots(rogues) in a few high lvl areas farming boxes all yesterday and when me and my party went to go kill some they were dropping like green gear. In about 2 hours farming, I got about 70 boxes, several times mobs dropped 2 at a time, so no telling how many the bots have.
    Dragon egg prices in ah already plummeted, I guess they waiting till this event over to auction them. I'm surprised they didn't nerf this yet or limit the number of drops. Ty for the free eggs and 300k rough ad:o
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    They drop in Foundry missions as well, picked up 2 of them in a 25 minute mission.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • seinoshinseinoshin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have a question as well : Is there any way to make the crown a fashion headpiece ? I'm using the wedding garb and I would like to wear that crown as well. I was quite disappointed when I saw it actually replacing my helmet, it's not really making any sense since it's giving absolutely no stats. Is it just a mistake or was it intentional to make it this way ? I was thinking about buying another fashion headpiece and transmute it to this one. Any ideas how to make it work ? :) Thanks in advance
  • fliruflagfliruflag Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    As far as I see it, the fool's crown is a useless item:
    It can only be worn as a replacement dor battlegear and has no stat boosts.

It would be cool if there was some sort of quest attached to the crown. An adventure that required the posession of the crown and that removes the crown from your inventory when completed.
    The storyline could be something like: "The king wants to get rid of all the fake crowns and rewards adventurers for defeating it's maker (you actually don't get to kill the maker, because then you can do the quest multiple times as long as you have a fool's crown)".
  • echokazulechokazul Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You can actually replace your current helmet's look with the crown's, or replace any other armor piece's look with another of the same type, really. It's called Transmuting. Just click 'Change Appearance', and drag the crown or other desired piece over where the dye usually goes. A lot of people with high end gear do this to customize their look a little without losing their stats. It costs AD, though.
    Kyba Fell- Tiefling GF (Main)
    RainFeather- Dragonborn DC
    Rune Fell- Drow CW