test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Items purchased for Glory or Grym Coins can no longer be sold for Gold.

hosdavehosdave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
You took the best way to support the purchase of consumables and killed it. I am not going to run "Foundry Farm Version 2.0" 4x a day just to get the things I need to play this game. We can't sell the glory potions for a few measly silver now?

Terrible decision from a company that seemingly doesn't care much for the casual player. You base a lot of your decisions on the min/maxers (nerf nerf nerf) and screw the guys and gals in the middle.

You are finding ways to kill this game by killing the fun. You won't be rolling in the cash soon because it will be all dried up.

Spirit

PS: Sort is still broke as broke can be. Think you can find time to fix it?
Post edited by hosdave on

Comments

• Options
    arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's a way to control bots in PvP. The gold farming websites use bots in pvp to accumulate glory, purchase the pvp gear, sell the pvp gear for gold, and then sell the gold on 3rd party websites. I do agree that this will be bad for the PvP gear market, but I won't be complaining when bots in PvP will have a significant decrease.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • Options
    hosdavehosdave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    arcmoon99 wrote: »
    It's a way to control bots in PvP. The gold farming websites use bots in pvp to accumulate glory, purchase the pvp gear, sell the pvp gear for gold, and then sell the gold on 3rd party websites. I do agree that this will be bad for the PvP gear market, but I won't be complaining when bots in PvP will have a significant decrease.

Yes, to stop the bots we need to punish EVERY player. Converting the glory to copper (via the battle health potions) allowed me to make the purchases I NEED for PVE: health potions, scrolls, and injury kits. I am not going to run "created strictly for farming" foundries just to get basic supplies. We are quickly going to run out of gold.

SUGGESTIONS:

1) Create a consumables merchant (health pots and injury kits) that accepts glory.
    2) Modify the "bind to character" to be "bind to account" so we can share gear with other characters on the account

... they are throwing the baby out with the bathwater far too often with some of these changes.
  • Options
    mvffin1mvffin1 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So, playing PVP should be the main method for getting PVE potions?

How about playing some PVE for coin? Nah, too logical.
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    hosdave wrote: »
    Yes, to stop the bots we need to punish EVERY player. Converting the glory to copper (via the battle health potions) allowed me to make the purchases I NEED for PVE: health potions, scrolls, and injury kits. I am not going to run "created strictly for farming" foundries just to get basic supplies. We are quickly going to run out of gold.

SUGGESTIONS:

1) Create a consumables merchant (health pots and injury kits) that accepts glory.
    2) Modify the "bind to character" to be "bind to account" so we can share gear with other characters on the account

... they are throwing the baby out with the bathwater far too often with some of these changes.

I do agree it sucks now. I can't sell my PvP potions for gold but at the same time the player who new that minor PvP potions turned in the most gold per glory capitalized on it. 25k glory = 62.5 gold. I get 10-15k a day at least. So a bot is raking in 62 gold a day from buying and selling potions. Worse yet they have bot programs to buy and sell the potions. So glad I am at least sitting on 150gold waiting for keys prices to drop. Since I have to go back to my old farming routes to make gold but at least I can rack it in that way too. The lil guys gets hurt and adjustment because of bots should never be done. Its just like the reward system in PvP anything under 500 pts no glory because of bots. Don't let bots control this game and ruin the fun of players.

Its just what am I going to do now with 15k glory a day from PvP? I can only buy and sell so many companions. There needs to be flask and other things kits etc that you can buy with glory. The glory store should be 10 pages deep with stuff to spend glory on.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    mvffin1 wrote: »
    So, playing PVP should be the main method for getting PVE potions?

How about playing some PVE for coin? Nah, too logical.

Logic? This is a game I pay to have fun in. No, I am not going to do anything other than an Epic Dungeon and that requires potions. Consumable drops in epic dungeons SUCK. For every 2 potions I use I *may* find 1.

I PVP because it is VARIED. There is absolutely 0 point in PVP now. There is no gain. There is no benefit to me or my character. Since I enjoy and primarily play for PVP the reasons for me to continue playing (and paying for) this game are virtually nil.

I think my proposal was reasonable. They are OK with stripping virtually all rewards from PVP just to control bots? What about the people who actually want to PVP?

They are harming the entire PVP population over a few exploiters. Terrible company with terrible customer service.
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Logic? This is a game I pay to have fun in. No, I am not going to do anything other than an Epic Dungeon and that requires potions. Consumable drops in epic dungeons SUCK. For every 2 potions I use I *may* find 1.

I PVP because it is VARIED. There is absolutely 0 point in PVP now. There is no gain. There is no benefit to me or my character. Since I enjoy and primarily play for PVP the reasons for me to continue playing (and paying for) this game are virtually nil.

I think my proposal was reasonable. They are OK with stripping virtually all rewards from PVP just to control bots? What about the people who actually want to PVP?

They are harming the entire PVP population over a few exploiters. Terrible company with terrible customer service.

My friends and I ONLY PvP. I hate every dungeon in this game. I PvP a couple hours a day its what I do. Some rewards for the glory be nice.
  • Options
    rustedheartzrustedheartz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Punish the legit players. Another nail in the Neverwinter coffin.
  • Options
    vmlinuxvmlinux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So, now the only way to not have to do non-fun activity is to pay a third party site for gold instead of just getting it from PVP? I don't know anyone that was purchasing gold, because you could just get it by playing pvp and selling potions back.

And if you have a bot running that doesn't cost you almost anything to run wouldn't it still be worth them running one to sell the gear for AD? I don't see this reducing bots at all

What's the point of running PVP now. I just logged in and thought about playing for 30 minutes, realized that 30 minutes would get me nothing since PVP isn't worth anything once you have the gear now. Just to grind AD super slow?

PVP was really the only thing keeping me interested in this game. I was hoping there would be new pvp match types, or some player built pvp maps. Now I have no reason to pvp at all. The AD cost of pvp armor is maybe a couple thousand if you can even sell it now, so it's not worth anything there. If you are a cleric that heals then you will never see a blue item out of pvp at 60 end of story.

Why can't you just put some simple logic to ban botters. Make it so you can report them, and if they get enough reports then they get banned, or their account gets a flag that makes it so they can't buy sell for gold.

ORRR how about putting kits, pve potions, etc on the glory vendor for GLORY?
  • Options
    lordgrimmwoodlordgrimmwood Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Not to be a total ****, but can they be sold for AD's?
    tumblr_mm7g22WQog1spm248o1_1280.png

My first Foundry mission, The Valley of Darkness NW-DG9DOTZLU
  • Options
    hobokenboyhobokenboy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am not going to run "created strictly for farming" foundries just to get basic supplies.

According to previous posts and a long "discussion" thread about this very issue back when it first became a "problem", farming normal game content is approved and encouraged. Farming Foundry content is not approved nor encouraged, therefore a reward cap was instituted.
    I'm unhappy and I can't say why.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    hobokenboy wrote: »
    According to previous posts and a long "discussion" thread about this very issue back when it first became a "problem", farming normal game content is approved and encouraged. Farming Foundry content is not approved nor encouraged, therefore a reward cap was instituted.

So do the same thing over and over again to farm potions? No thanks.

Converting PVP Potions to PVE Potions was fun because it offered a varied/dynamic play experience.

So we have bots on PVP but what about bots in PVE? I mean hell... at this rate what is the point of this game? It's just a cash cow for another internet/tech startup in the San Francisco Bay Area where people probably get paid 100K just to sit around and figure out that "PVP potions are evil." It will be belly up in a few years because these people obviously are going for short term profits over long term.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Not to be a total ****, but can they be sold for AD's?

I think they can but the market is already saturated. Most people have capped glory and nothing to spend it on so the market is weak at best.
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is a game I pay to have fun in.
    There is absolutely 0 point in PVP now. There is no gain. There is no benefit to me or my character.

What about all the fun you were having, and playing for? Isn't that of benefit to you?

That's really the most value one can get out of a game is the fun they have out of the method they choose to enjoy it. I still enjoy Foundry, even though it offers less 'material' benefit to my character. I find it fun to see what people come up with, and that's plenty enough benefit.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    What about all the fun you were having, and playing for? Isn't that of benefit to you?

Eh, it's why I'm still here and taking the time to post but the incentive to do well is not there. If they don't have PVP incentives I'll move on to another game and I'm sure I'm not the only person that feels this way.

I AM being sarcastic in some of my posts but I do think that Perfect World is being very knee-jerk and reactive to a lot of things and missing the big picture.

There are perma-stealth builds and control wizard builds that let you single hit for 1 million+ damage (chill stack bug). When they do fix rogues (on test server) they nerf them into the dirt. They don't seem to be thinking things through. They're just doing stuff.

Seriously? PVP potions to silver was a priority? They should offer solutions for the MAJORITY of the players (not the minority - bots) and then close the loop. This isn't some exploit. I mean hell all they had to do was bump the base low level potion cost from 1 to 2 and cut the gold generation in half. No .. they stop it completely. Lame.
  • Options
    evilderprimus88evilderprimus88 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    vmlinux wrote: »
    What's the point of running PVP now. I just logged in and thought about playing for 30 minutes, realized that 30 minutes would get me nothing since PVP isn't worth anything once you have the gear now. Just to grind AD super slow?

I don't know, FUN, maybe? Since bots are gone (because PvP won't be used to grind gold know), it surely will be much more fun now. Why are you even playing this game, if you aren't happy with it?

Pro-tip for all the horribly unhappy pro-PvP players: you still can sell PvP pots for AD and buy PvE kits and pots for AD. You even don't have to convert AD to gold, see? Convenient and easy.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ... and I want to add ...

I don't think most people BOT for gold. Most people bot at the lower levels for EXP.

They going to cut that next? At level 60 I rarely see bots but at the lower levels they are rampant.

If the gold farmers were min/maxing they'd be botting high level PVP where the glory rewards are higher.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I don't know, FUN, maybe? Since bots are gone (because PvP won't be used to grind gold know), it surely will be much more fun now. Why are you even playing this game, if you aren't happy with it?

Pro-tip for all the horribly unhappy pro-PvP players: you still can sell PvP pots for AD and buy PvE kits and pots for AD. You even don't have to convert AD to gold, see? Convenient and easy.

Bots are not gone. They are still there farming EXP (at the lower levels).

Pots for AD? Not for long. Too much glory and not enough to spend it on. No one wants to buy glory pots. Prices have tanked.
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I never quite understand what people are doing when they are buying potions and ID scrolls for PvE, I can probably count on 1 hand the amount of times ive had to buy any.

Normally at lvl 60 ive still got a stack of 99 lesser healing from the early lvls floating about as you use them so infrequently and yes I have a DC, TR, GWF & CW so know the ones that use more.

They drop frequently enough to never have to buy them unless your just constantly getting damaged which is more your problem than cryptics:/
  • Options
    evilderprimus88evilderprimus88 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Bots are not gone. They are still there farming EXP (at the lower levels).

Pots for AD? Not for long. Too much glory and not enough to spend it on. No one wants to buy glory pots. Prices have tanked.

And there is this AD dor PvP daily which allows you to buy pots from AH, so it's not a dead-end situation. PvE pots an kits aren't very expensive, anyway. And since PvP gear is BoP now, new players are more likely not to waste their glory to buy PvP pots and buy these for AD instead.
  • Options
    bstbybstby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Pro-tip for all the horribly unhappy pro-PvP players: you still can sell PvP pots for AD

ROFLMAO. If people, who missed the latest news, are now putting pvp pots on AH, hoping someone will buy them, doesn't mean anybody will. You actually have to find some fool to do that.
    Ranger.jpg
  • Options
    hifixhifix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is not anti-bot system. U will see in next few weeks there will be GOLD buy option in ZEN shop.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    And since PvP gear is BoP now, new players are more likely not to waste their glory to buy PvP pots and buy these for AD instead.

You have nothing to do with glory other than buy pvp gear/items. So why would anyone ever want to spend AD on them?

Full pvp set is about 20k glory. It's a few days of casual pvp'ing. Also t1 epic sets are better then pvp ones. No point in wasting your AD on pvp gear/items whatsoever.
    Ranger.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    hifix wrote: »
    This is not anti-bot system. U will see in next few weeks there will be GOLD buy option in ZEN shop.

I don't think the devs are that dumb. There are no gold items that are worth as much for people to go out of there way and spend real money on them. Nobody would buy gold for zen. As I read before this is indeed intended to fight bots. It won't stop all of them, but it may stop some of them.
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I don't think the devs are that dumb. There are no gold items that are worth as much for people to go out of there way and spend real money on them. Nobody would buy gold for zen. As I read before this is indeed intended to fight bots. It won't stop all of them, but it may stop some of them.

Fighting bots by punishing legit players. How very cute.
    Ranger.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    bstby wrote: »
    Fighting bots by punishing legit players. How very cute.

Leaving this out doesn't make your argument valid. I believe you mean... Punish legit players AND fight bots.

You calling me cute? I'm flattered.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Leaving this out doesn't make your argument valid.

No, it does. I've never had any problems with bots in pvp. Yes, it's annoying, but they are not much at higher levels anyway. Quitters and afk'ers are far bigger problem than bots.

edit: And now they have just killed any reason to pvp other than so called "fun". And if you care about that, you can't even compare your e-pen cause there's no any ratings system.
    Ranger.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    bstby wrote: »
    No, it does. I've never had any problems with bots in pvp. Yes, it's annoying, but they are not much at higher levels anyway. Quitters and afk'ers are far bigger problem than bots.

edit: And now they have just killed any reason to pvp other than so called "fun". And if you care about that, you can't even compare your e-pen cause there's no any ratings system.

Sorry for not being specific. When I'm referring to bots, I'm really talking about 3rd party gold selling websites.
    You know the people who ruin the economy for there own personal gain?

I want them to burn. I will laugh at them as there finally attempt to ruin this game just so they can make a quick buck, is ruined because there won't be any possible way for them to turn up a profit.

This is the only reason and the only reason alone why I and anybody else would support updates like this.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    You know the people who ruin the economy for there own personal gain?

I don't care whether the prices of lockbox keys in PE global went up from 30g to 60g per piece. What I actually care about is being forced to buy AD. And that's what its all about.
    Ranger.jpg
  • Options
    maisaanmaisaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 166
    edited August 2013
    It can not be sold for gold.
    Does this mean that it can not be sold to the merchant but still sold to other players?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    maisaan wrote: »
    It can not be sold for gold.
    Does this mean that it can not be sold to the merchant but still sold to other players?

Yes, and I do believe you may still be able to sell it to players for gold lol.