test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Epic Dread Vault Crushed

axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Probably not the first since this game's been out quite a while, but wow this was insanely hard, so doubt very many have done it. Possibly first guardian.. All epic dungeons complete now.

Way harder then CN, by far the hardest boss in the game.

dmg count hehe:
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/1753/epicdreadvaultdmg.jpg

Yea thats due to knockback, the amount of dps quicktoes does compared to me is insane. Around 4x, hes beast, and rogues are simply an insanely better class then guardians as it stands. He did win the damage count in the end by a bit, I just got ahead there knocking one guy who had i dunno, 3-4mil hp off.. hehe.

complete:
http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/9839/epicdreadvaultcomplete.jpg

Any other guardians pull this one off?
... think it took us like ~1.2 + hours of straight insane battle. We of course got the hardest extra bosses (pit fiend).

Got loots too:
T2 Rogue mainhand for quick
T2 Cleric mainhand for regdar
T1 piece of junk ring for me.. blargh, wheres my timeless hero! Also want my dungeon master title, but yea achievements bugged (shows 10/12 but i did all 12) =/
-Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
-Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
Post edited by axer128 on

Comments

• teflondon75teflondon75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Grats! We just downed him tonight to! I'm not the guardian though, the DC speaking here. Can't speak on the damages etc as I don't often look lol. No loot to speak of as it was not DD hour. It was a fun fight!
  • axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Grats! We just downed him tonight to! I'm not the guardian though, the DC speaking here. Can't speak on the damages etc as I don't often look lol. No loot to speak of as it was not DD hour. It was a fun fight!

Yea I noticed no loot at all drops during non dd for non-ep dread vault also.. Cuz crystal to smash doesn't appear less you have the DD quest.. Pretty annoying bug for such a difficult boss.

Grats on your win as well.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Beat this a 2nd time.. Also during delves.

Crystal did not spawn at all, so guess delve quest is not related, not sure what causes bug.

Really sucks to beat such an insanely near impossible fight to get no boss loot tho, fix pls.
  • bitz06bitz06 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We downed DV mid June. Took us about an hour to find the rhythm of this fight. It is by far the most enjoyable fight in this game. Between the Broken fireplaces and the lack of boss loot, we just had to laugh.
    Bitz Maidenhell - GM TSYM

TSYM Website

Dragon Server
  • kreicuskreicus Member Posts: 76
    edited June 2013
    bitz06 wrote: »
    We downed DV mid June. Took us about an hour to find the rhythm of this fight. It is by far the most enjoyable fight in this game. Between the Broken fireplaces and the lack of boss loot, we just had to laugh.

Hah. I had to read this post and reply, and I see your the one who brought it back to the front page bitz!

Ran this with Bitz and others. It was so fun that when we first got the boss down to 1/4 health I decided to do a swan dive off the edge of the map ensuring we had to start all over again!

Dread Vault is very fun to run through, even with the many bugs. The final boss fight is very unique. And them doors!
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    My friends farm DV for Timeless sword with 2 GFs in party each run.

Grats BTW for completing content.
    edited June 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    My friends farm DV for Timeless sword with 2 GFs in party each run.

Grats BTW for completing content.

What is there job on the end boss??

I feel like i could be more useful :L
  • copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is somewhat an easy boss fight, more so for the guardian, if everyone is patient. It is however a very long fight, which is what increases its difficulty because of the many chances that things can go wrong. This is the only End Boss fight where CWs are the only ones on the boss. The melee is just taking care of the adds on a far square and shoving them off the side. DPSing from range the tentacles become insignificant, and we hardly deal with any of the Thunes if someone accidentally pulls them.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Congrats! :)
    va8Ru.gif
    edited July 2013
    copticone wrote: »
    This is somewhat an easy boss fight, more so for the guardian, if everyone is patient. It is however a very long fight, which is what increases its difficulty because of the many chances that things can go wrong. This is the only End Boss fight where CWs are the only ones on the boss. The melee is just taking care of the adds on a far square and shoving them off the side. DPSing from range the tentacles become insignificant, and we hardly deal with any of the Thunes if someone accidentally pulls them.
    Theres other ways to do it actually.

The last time i took my cw, I didn't dps the boss much - mainly cc/debuff, we won.
    The last time I took my gf, we didn't take a CW, we won.

All of the ways are very hard. Hardest is when we did with just 1 clr, 1 cw, 3 rogue. GF makes it easier for sure, but to say GFs job is easy is not fair, everyone has to be on there game.
  • rokuthyrokuthy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 179 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Did you just say first GF? lol I did that boss like 3 months ago :(
    @rokuthy on Mindflayer
    Play my foundry campaign, Vermilion: Spirit of Gevaudan. The first quest, The Desperate Messenger is now available @ NWS-DM44FZM2W
  • juguer1juguer1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What is the price for Timeless Hero Sword? I have never seen one in AH (at least on Beholder)
  • deinokdeinok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Prolly 3rd Guardian then Axer, GF here also downed it few times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • feiergiantfeiergiant Member Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    juguer1 wrote: »
    What is the price for Timeless Hero Sword? I have never seen one in AH (at least on Beholder)

Timeless Hero sword on mindflayer is 5 m AD. it is also the only t2 mainhand from dreadvault in the AH on mindflayer, ive been searching for miracle healer symbol, titan sword, etc.
    seems like not a lot of people run/beat this dungeon, it is extremely hard (never downed it on epic mode myself, tried 1 time and failed at boss), also there is this problem with loot drops.

i'd love to see DV get some fixes for campfires, boss loot.
    maybe give the t2 main/offhand sets a minor set bonus too, so we would get a second end tier dungeon next to CN.
    iirc ancient MH/OH set bonus is +450 of a stat, so maybe a +400 or lower set bonus would make this dungeon more popular, and give all the endgamers a second BiS weapon set other than Ancient, which is worth getting.

just my opinions, <3
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i was thinking of putting a good group together for this, ive only tried it a few times with mass fails back before i knew what epic dread vaults was.

Would you recommend taking 1 DC 1 GF and 3xCW? GF holding adds in place, CWs repeling them off, choking he hulks and when they are gone the CWs all shoot the boss until the adds come into range of the GF?
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    feiergiant wrote: »
    Timeless Hero sword on mindflayer is 5 m AD.

It would be great if you could post the full stats for it here please. It is so rarely seen I am sure it would be of great interest to almost everyone.
  • feiergiantfeiergiant Member Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    It would be great if you could post the full stats for it here please. It is so rarely seen I am sure it would be of great interest to almost everyone.

sxrC32u.jpg

-now imagine this sword in combo with timeless shield would give for example a little set bonus, like +200 deflect or whatever, just making dread vault a more played dungeon with very desirable high end loot and giving players a new surrounding/intention for high difficulty end game farm.

EDIT: sry for small image, here is the original link: http://i.imgur.com/sxrC32u.jpg
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    sxrC32u.jpg

-now imagine this sword in combo with timeless shield would give for example a little set bonus, like +200 deflect or whatever, just making dread vault a more played dungeon with very desirable high end loot and giving players a new surrounding/intention for high difficulty end game farm.

EDIT: sry for small image, here is the original link: http://i.imgur.com/sxrC32u.jpg

I hope they would give it an offensive set bonus, if only to keep it in the weapon's role as best dps mh etc. Then again the odds are that either the Castle Malabog or Ancient weapons will get the reinforced weapon treatment on 8/22. Might all end up being a waste of time if Ancient gets a 20 weapon damage bump :D
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

I'll just quote it in text for future reference:

[Longsword of the Timeless Hero]
    525-641 Damage
    Equip: +1,349 Power
    Equip: +279 Recovery
    Equip: +126 Defense
    Equip: +126 Deflection

That is very nice! Ancient has 656 weapon damage, 1095 Power and 133 Recovery. So, that is 254 more Power than Ancient and 146 more Recovery.

If Brutal didn't have any Armor Penetration on it (or if you are arp capped already), I think this is probably BiS for players wearing Timeless Hero set in PvE.
    edited July 2013
    rokuthy wrote: »
    Did you just say first GF? lol I did that boss like 3 months ago :(

Definetely sounds legit.
    No screenshot.
    Game has only been out 2.5 months, so you beat it before the game came out.

Very legit.

Congrats.
  • fimcontefimconte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not the first guardian by a mile lol.

As for the Timeless Sword, it's a nice collector item, but I wouldn't wear it for PVP. For PVE it's nice for a purely offensive dps set, but not 5mil nice.
    Fans Glory to the Gladiators,
    Gods Glory to the Heroes.

TR:Anirul Corrino@Fimconte
    GF:Irulan Corrino@Fimconte
    edited July 2013
    fimconte wrote: »
    Not the first guardian by a mile lol.

As for the Timeless Sword, it's a nice collector item, but I wouldn't wear it for PVP. For PVE it's nice for a purely offensive dps set, but not 5mil nice.

Yea it was. Or let me guess: You also defeated it, naked, solo , before the game was released?
    Screenshot or it didn't happen.

I agree on the sword. Before I got ancient I kinda though, eh offense is more important, but after a lot of pvp, that huge defensive bonus ancient gives really grows on you and is not worth giving up for a small offensive increase.

And yea i beat epic dread vault i think 5 times, 0 swords, so yea pretty much given up on that.

Devs commented that the upcoming malabog weapons will be slightly better than CN ones anyways, so whatever GF wep drops there will likely be best in slot soon anyways.

Just hope they make it tough.

Guys also keep in mind the OP is coming up on 2 months old, quite a while ago.. At the time the timeless hero sword was set at like 11 mil on the ah, despite all the exploits available, very few people had any idea how to tackle this dungeon at that time.

So while I can easily believe people did it before me using the various 1 shot the boss exploits available, you won't be able to convince me -without some kinda vid/screenshot- of a legit GF completion before mine.
    edited July 2013
    Beat this again last night. Got a very very nice powerful epic,.....t1 necklace.....

Found another thing that sucks about this dungeon, having to fight the Pit Demon from Mad Dragon,...it does his little teleporting back to spawn ALL THE TIME :( Sucks

I still like the dungeon though.
    edited July 2013
    kreicus wrote: »
    Beat this again last night. Got a very very nice powerful epic,.....t1 necklace.....

Found another thing that sucks about this dungeon, having to fight the Pit Demon from Mad Dragon,...it does his little teleporting back to spawn ALL THE TIME :( Sucks

I still like the dungeon though.

Yea the Pit Fiends pretty nuts. Got him on most of my runs..

Adds on a pretty difficult boss fight with his own adds to an already very difficult fight with tons of adds.

I mean what were they thinking? ~12+ mind flayers, 8+ ostiligar, 2 hulks, ~10 imps and 4 erinyes at once (not to mention the pit field who can knock you off the platform)..

I mean yea we can avoid the hulks and HAVE TO. which is probably abug.

But then again the fact the pit fiend constantly teleports back to his spawn point after each imp-spawning attack is obviously another bug - which adds great difficulty because surviving those imps is easy, but once hes under ~30%, the imps + erinyes + mind flayers + ostiligars is pretty crazy.

Pretty much you burn him down fast, toss all those mobs off fast and don't make a single mis step or its game over at that point.

Definitely the hardest boss you can face.

Though the other phase 3 guy I faced - hrimnir is no slouch either. Given his powerful aoe knockbacks that are hard to see the red circles at times if they go inside of platforms.. Yea we lost a cleric from that last go - luckily we had 2 and finished though.

Theres a third one - drider priestess.. But never faced her. Sounds the easiest to me given she has no major knockbacks if she works the same as the temple one. Odd i never seen her too, given i've reached that phase like 10+ times (a lot of fails at that point).
  • getoneshotgetoneshot Member Posts: 86
    edited August 2013
    Epic Dread Vault just isn't worth the time or hassle, especially because Cryptic never bothered to fix this dungeon after 3 months.

Anytime you die before the last campfire, you need to run all the way back from the beginning of the dungeon, which an extremely lengthy run. The end boss still doesn't drop any loot, so you have to have the DD chest unlocked for any loot. They still respawn your team on the island in the middle of nowhere so your team can't get back together if someone disconnects / lag out during the boss fight.

All in all, this is the most overtuned and buggy dungeon in the game. It's more annoying than difficult. Yeah, it drops a nice Greatsword for GWFs and the Timeless Hero sword is a good DPS sword (Lizardfolk is better for DPS and Ancient is better for tanky builds), but totally not worth 5 million or whatever some idiots are trying to charge for it.
    edited August 2013
    axer128 wrote: »
    Theres a third one - drider priestess.. But never faced her. Sounds the easiest to me given she has no major knockbacks if she works the same as the temple one. Odd i never seen her too, given i've reached that phase like 10+ times (a lot of fails at that point).

Drider is pretty easy. We burned her down as normal, and she didnt do any OP healing till near then end, and it was only a small amount of healing.

-PS: Also, I remember fighting in a PvP match with you, I commented on your Axe. I assume you're using the new Tymora Box axe now ?? :D
    edited August 2013
    getoneshot wrote: »
    Epic Dread Vault just isn't worth the time or hassle, especially because Cryptic never bothered to fix this dungeon after 3 months.

Anytime you die before the last campfire, you need to run all the way back from the beginning of the dungeon, which an extremely lengthy run. The end boss still doesn't drop any loot, so you have to have the DD chest unlocked for any loot. They still respawn your team on the island in the middle of nowhere so your team can't get back together if someone disconnects / lag out during the boss fight.

All in all, this is the most overtuned and buggy dungeon in the game. It's more annoying than difficult. Yeah, it drops a nice Greatsword for GWFs and the Timeless Hero sword is a good DPS sword (Lizardfolk is better for DPS and Ancient is better for tanky builds), but totally not worth 5 million or whatever some idiots are trying to charge for it.

End Boss dropped loot last 3 times I did it. Seems random tho, as he did the first run, not the 2nd, then next 3 he did. Possibly fixed, or just works some of the time. (He doesn't drop it, a crystal appears to break with loot - usually.)

And theres no real argument that timeless hero sword is the best dps sword in the game for conqueror builds. That huge advantage in power and base damage puts it not even in the same league as the scimitar. Ancient also beats scimitar.. You vastly underestimate the power of base damage. GFs are all about base damage, not crit, the class doesn't have a single +crit severity thing at all, thus crits very low value to a gf. (well high general, but that sets garbage)

But yea imo after a lot of pvp - the extra defensive benefits of the ancient set outweigh that ~5% dps advantage of timeless, so yea no major incentive to run it after I beat it a few times on both my mains.

Fun boss fight tho for the challenge. Feels very epic. So worth doing at least once or twice.
  • mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    axer128 wrote: »
    Definetely sounds legit.
    No screenshot.
    Game has only been out 2.5 months, so you beat it before the game came out.

Very legit.

Congrats.

You guys really have no clue.

Rokuthy full of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>- I think not. His GF build and personal play style are posted everywhere you can possibly find that has a forum that talks about Neverwinter online GF builds. He's taken the time and effort to write a compendium on how to build & play a Hyrbid tank.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?176972-Rokuthy-s-Hybrid-Tanking-Build-(GF)-for-End-Game-PvE-(and-PvP)-content 51pages
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
    edited August 2013
    ^

He does have a few wasted points here and there, nobody's perfect...
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Also he's a known exploiter and cheater... yet his guide has been really useful for a lot of players, so i guess that balance it out...

Anyway... i would love to end Epic DV as its the only dung i've never beaten and i want the dungeon master title.