test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gateway + Alchemy = Broken Alchemy Advancement

dougenheimdougenheim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
After trying to level alchemy in the gateway, two of my characters have been unable to advance any longer. The xp bar filled up to the maximum for that level but it did not advance me to the next level. Now whether using it in-game or gateway, I can no longer gain xp and cannot gain levels. I and many others have reported this bug several weeks ago but there have been almost no official responses.

Is anyone looking into this? Those who are interested in alchemy as a profession cannot progress and I know of many people who are quite frustrated and angry with the lack of response and with the game in general now. Please let us know that this will be fixed.

:mad:
Post edited by dougenheim on

Comments

• kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Gateway = Broken.

Always has been. Please don't hold your breath for it to change any time soon, blue is not your colour.
  • dougenheimdougenheim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    Gateway = Broken.

Always has been. Please don't hold your breath for it to change any time soon, blue is not your colour.

The Gateway has improved and has been almost fully functional for me beyond a few graphical glitches, text alignment, etc. until this happened. I use it daily for professions, browsing the auction hall, etc since I work in an office and occasionally have a few spare minutes between tech support calls or other work duties. People in my situation like to be able to use this portal to make the in-game experience more enjoyable, not break it.

There have been many updates to the gateway since open-beta began and something this severe should at least be getting some developer attention. So far we haven't heard that this is the case.
  • stormrain65stormrain65 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Same here and at first I didn't even know what broke the profession.
    Funny thing is that I'm a CW and I wanted to top Alchemy first. I ended up with Alchemy stuck at level 2 and a Leadership advancing :p
  • myxlplykmyxlplyk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You guys are late to the party.. there's already a multi-page multi-week thread on this one...

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?365422-Gateway-Alchemy-Bug
  • ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I think the most rational and time efficient thing to do is delete them and start the characters again from scratch. Really. It saves a respec, too.....
  • inaahinaah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    bump cause im bumping anything i can find on this bug
  • gronknardgronknard Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    inaah wrote: »
    bump cause im bumping anything i can find on this bug

ditto.. gotta bump 'em all
  • ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    bump 10char
  • gronknardgronknard Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    bumpity bump
  • thirstiusthirstius Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This bug just bit me -- stuck in Alchemy at Level 6. Not cool...
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    Gateway has alot of issues right now one of them is the leveling of the tradeskills and right now it still says beta when you login. Be glad they have that on there at all, the gateway on STO doesn't have the Doff system or crafting at all yet!
  • thirstiusthirstius Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ...Be glad they have that on there at all...

Not very "glad" at the moment. It's ruined my use of a Profession that I *thought* I had just leveled to the point where I could start making some AD (via dye sales).
  • eridthoreridthor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bump. Patch notes said this was fixed but when I hit rank 17 alchemist half of my skills dissapears. I can no longer experiment, level, or make aqua regia items.
  • vascodergamervascodergamer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same for me, but i could experiment in-game. And after that, i had all assignments back available in the gateway... Seems to be another incarnation of the "all normal tasks unavailable" problem.
  • eridthoreridthor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just logged into my alchemist and it appears in-game i can start doing all alchemy tasks from in-game. I had filled all my slots hiring leadership resources so I wont know if kicking off a task in game will fix the gateway issues until those complete.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If you hide tasks with unmet requirements and have no open slots, you won't be able to see anything at all, fyi.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited August 2013
    If you hide tasks with unmet requirements and have no open slots, you won't be able to see anything at all, fyi.
    Not the issue in my case, I am familiar with the filters on the web portal.