test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What current foundry features that aren't working hurts your quest the most?

boomba66boomba66 Member Posts: 221 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2013 in The Foundry
For me its the NPC patrol speed. I love good chase scenes in adventure movies. Think its an element that really adds to the different types of conflict a story can have. Wonder if there is an easy fix. My companions have no problem running. Maybe they could out speed types in. "Slow Walk, Casual Walk, Walk, Jog, Sprint." rather then feet per second. Would make coding easier and make easy to make a town or city scene feel a little more alive.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by boomba66 on

Comments

• eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    1. Appear When being overridden by Objective In Progress just bit me in Invasion! -- all my attack waves appeared instantly.
    2. NPC Patrol speed
    3. Teleporting guards on patrol paths that teleport across disappeared platforms -- broke my OR detector in Tower District contest.
    4. Encounters spawning above placement
    5. Freakin' Teleporter "centerpoint" offsets being wrong
    6. Invisible wall centerpoint inconsistencies -- some at bottom, some dead center, jeez pick one or the other!
  • ultraserfultraserf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The animation for "talk jovial with drink". The cups aren't positioned correctly... this needs to be fixed for my quest!!!
  • boomba66boomba66 Member Posts: 221 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    ultraserf wrote: »
    The animation for "talk jovial with drink". The cups aren't positioned correctly... this needs to be fixed for my quest!!!

Yeah the cup sticking through the side of the hand looks really bad. Makes the bar scenes many people have done looks slightly off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • leinahtanwcleinahtanwc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    eldarth wrote: »
    3. Teleporting guards on patrol paths that teleport across disappeared platforms -- broke my OR detector in Tower District contest.
    This is critical. In comes my final boss, with a huge theatrical entry and *ZIP*, he warps off to the distant platform. He doesn't even have a "patrol" path and he still does it.
  • pris23pris23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Teleporters are my biggest issues so far for multiple reasons. They are a huge pain in the neck for me at least.

1. I can't rename (you can, it just doesn't matter in play) them and it doesn't seem to matter what I do to them.
    2. They always just say "Press F to interact", again no matter what I do to try and make that say something different.
    3. They are extremely difficult to manually place. This is especially true on large terrain or if the 2 parts are on different levels. They just do not want to be placed without hours of tweaking.
    4. As far as I can tell they do not appear or disappear like other objects will. I cannot change visibility and I can't tweak the arrangement in 3D editing.

All in all I hate working with them and it makes me mad that they really need to play such an essential role in quest building. For me at least, I have not come up with anything better. Making the player load too many maps is not a good thing so it is better if I can use these.
    The Secret to Paradise: NWS-DCV313OOC FOUNDRY DAILY
    Part 1 - Paradise Lost? NW-DDMMIKYTB
    Part 2 - Into the Mist NW-DIJXRI4NT
    Part 3 - Wind of The North NW-DFB9K8KWH

Leave feedback for The Secret to Paradise
  • saerraelsaerrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The fact not all interactables can be altered away from the standard 'press F to interact'.
  • izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Search! Many quests don't even show up at all. Meanwhile, half of the quests listed in the review tab can't even be completed and have been there since May!
    Don't get me started...:mad:
  • zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    izatar wrote: »
    Search! Many quests don't even show up at all. Meanwhile, half of the quests listed in the review tab can't even be completed and have been there since May!
    Don't get me started...:mad:

Yeah, nearly impossible to get the beta quest achievements.
  • crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I got all my beta reviews a while ago, but the rest of my achievements keep stalling out for no reason for days or weeks at a time. Like fan powered 3. I get the astral diamonds but never credit for the max tip. I have guildies who max tip me every day but it just won't register. I used an alt account to max tip myself, I get the diamonds but the achievement won't budge. I opened a ticket quite a while ago and they responded to /bug it. I did. It is quite frustrating to have that one stuck forever.