test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Part 3 - Wind of the North: The Secret to Paradise. Will trade as always.

pris23pris23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2013 in The Foundry
Hi guys!. I just wanted to let you know that I have posted Part 3. I am especially interested in what you guys think of the mountain environment. :) Happy questing and I can't wait to see yours as well. Info is in my signature.

Part - 3: NW-DFB9K8KWH

Also, I did add a fast travel, but for those of you who just want more stuff to kill or to explore for more story elements you do not have to use the fast travel. I just didn't want anyone to think that was a specific story objective and you are all totally welcome to check out my extra map stuff. ;)
The Secret to Paradise: NWS-DCV313OOC FOUNDRY DAILY
Part 1 - Paradise Lost? NW-DDMMIKYTB
Part 2 - Into the Mist NW-DIJXRI4NT
Part 3 - Wind of The North NW-DFB9K8KWH

Leave feedback for The Secret to Paradise
Post edited by pris23 on

Comments

• redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    pris23 wrote: »
    Hi guys!. I just wanted to let you know that I have posted Part up. I am especially interested in what you guys think of the mountain environment. :) Happy questing and I can't wait to see yours as well. Info is in my signature.

Part - 3: NW-DFB9K8KWH

Oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I haights yous!!!!!

LOL

I was about to settle in for the evening tweaking my Pt.3, and here you do this - a follow up to what is still my favourite foundry.

See, now I NEED to go play this, and my Foundry will wither and die... :(

LOL

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi Pris23

Not much to say here really.

Loved the story, totally brilliant.
    Great environments - loved looking down on the village from the mountain top - must've taken hours and hours to build that map.

Not going to say much beyond that as I don't want to drop any spoilers for people yet to play.

Have sent a PM with more feedback, and a couple of "glitches" you may want to look at.

If you get chance a play and feedback for my Part 3, details in thread linked in sig, would be much appreciated; its still in a late Beta stage, I'm still working on a couple of side-quest dialogues (for the 2 unfinished books in the library).

Interested in how you find the combat.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    pris23 I'll trade with you :3, Part 3 of my campaign is in my signature. And if you are in Mindflayer I wouldn't mind running it with you ^^
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
  • lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    In the cold mountain the campfire has a 01 in the name.
    There are two Hyoga standing on one another :P
    A Rimfire golem is off it's Y axis and stands on a very wierd place, hard for melee to get there without dying.

Nice touch with the viewpoint over the village, I approve :)
    Final Area fountain has a 01 in the name.

I liked this one more than the first I think, and I come to like the crazy "Doctor" more and more lol. I can tell you have improved as well, keep up the good work!
    I like turtles.

• pris23pris23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    lolsorhand wrote: »
    In the cold mountain the campfire has a 01 in the name.
    There are two Hyoga standing on one another :P

I know that it shows two of Hyuga in the first area. There really is only one and I am not sure why it does that. I will continue working on that until I discover why it is doing that.
    Rimfire golem is off it's Y axis and stands on a very wierd place, hard for melee to get there without dying.

There is a rimfire golem? Where was that? There isn't supposed to be one.
    Nice touch with the viewpoint over the village, I approve :)
    Final Area fountain has a 01 in the name.

I liked this one more than the first I think, and I come to like the crazy "Doctor" more and more lol. I can tell you have improved as well, keep up the good work!

Thanks very much. I did spend hours on that map in general. I literally started with an ocean plane and built the entire mountain top from scratch. :)

Also, thanks for noticing the 01 in the objects. I hate that as it is so easy to forget, especially when you go through and make several changes at once. I'll check out your foundry soon, promise!

P.S. I am on mindflayer. My name is Lucinda@pris23. I would love to run it with you sometime.

edited July 2013
    Hi Pris23

Not much to say here really.

Loved the story, totally brilliant.
    Great environments - loved looking down on the village from the mountain top - must've taken hours and hours to build that map.

Not going to say much beyond that as I don't want to drop any spoilers for people yet to play.

Have sent a PM with more feedback, and a couple of "glitches" you may want to look at.

If you get chance a play and feedback for my Part 3, details in thread linked in sig, would be much appreciated; its still in a late Beta stage, I'm still working on a couple of side-quest dialogues (for the 2 unfinished books in the library).

Interested in how you find the combat.

All The Best

Hey thanks Red. I would love to check out Part 3 of yours. I will keep the "Beta stage" in mind. :) I always rate based on enjoyment more than foundry editor errors/glitches as I know how it can be. I'll pm ya once I have had a chance. I am building a playhouse for my daughter for her birthday so it might take me a couple of days before I can review it, but I promise to do it. :)

edited July 2013
    Oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I haights yous!!!!!

LOL

I was about to settle in for the evening tweaking my Pt.3, and here you do this - a follow up to what is still my favourite foundry.

See, now I NEED to go play this, and my Foundry will wither and die... :(

LOL

All The Best

I have some extra time later tonight to play so I will play through your campaign. :)

The same goes for lolsorhand (I already played Part 1 and 2). I'll play through Part 3 tonight.

edited July 2013
    Hey guys,

Sorry to be annoying and bump this, but I really need some feedback if possible. I will keep reviewing other Author's quests and of course will trade if you review this one. Thank you.

Happy Questing/Building! :)

• faitlinfaitlin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi Pris23,

I just played your quest last night. I really loved the details in your environments. It fit the theme of your story perfectly. I haven't played your previous quests so don't know the back story, but still enjoyed the quest.

I happen to be playing on a computer with no graphics card this week, so I had to run it on the lowest graphics setting. So this might be a new perspective :p

[SPOILERS in review]

I really loved the lab. It had the spooky mad scientist feel to it.

In the explore the camp scene, there was the fishing rod, Speedy, and bedding. On low graphics the first thing that was visible was Speedy, so I clicked on that and ended up back in the village. If Speedy does not need to transport on that quest, maybe it should be disabled so the accidental transport doesn't occur?

On the mountain, the ropes are a neat idea to guide the player around the mountain, but I still had trouble finding the paths because the ropes are flat decals. Maybe something on the ground level, and then one more marker on the next step of the path?

The jumping platforms are neat, but the last platform was a little awkward and hard to get up to the ground level.

I really liked the God scene lending his back to help get you up the mountain. I'm not sure if it is possible to put an invisible platform over the God's back so that you can literally walk on top of him before click on transition?

Excellent work on your quest. I look forward to playing your other quests sometime :cool:
    :oMerchant Mayhem, NW-DQBBM5L3F :cool:
    edited July 2013
    faitlin wrote: »
    I really loved the lab. It had the spooky mad scientist feel to it.

Thanks, the atmosphere of the lab changes from quest to quest to reflect his experiments. :)
    In the explore the camp scene, there was the fishing rod, Speedy, and bedding. On low graphics the first thing that was visible was Speedy, so I clicked on that and ended up back in the village. If Speedy does not need to transport on that quest, maybe it should be disabled so the accidental transport doesn't occur?

Unfortunately, that particular asset does not allow you to disable it. It is a teleporter and the author can only control where it goes on the map. I'll try to name it something more suitable to let the player know what it does.
    On the mountain, the ropes are a neat idea to guide the player around the mountain, but I still had trouble finding the paths because the ropes are flat decals. Maybe something on the ground level, and then one more marker on the next step of the path?

The jumping platforms are neat, but the last platform was a little awkward and hard to get up to the ground level.

I agree with this and will look into it. This wasn't that strange for my half-orc, but my for my halfling it was too high almost.
    I really liked the God scene lending his back to help get you up the mountain. I'm not sure if it is possible to put an invisible platform over the God's back so that you can literally walk on top of him before click on transition?

Excellent work on your quest. I look forward to playing your other quests sometime :cool:

I had not considered that last part. Good idea. I might play around with that and see if I can make it work out.

Thanks again for playing it for me. I enjoyed your quest as well and I will always trade you reviews when needed. :)

Cheers!

edited July 2013
    Just giving this a little bump so I can continue to trade reviews. :)

• casekukcasekuk Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi Pris,

Just played part1... I am someone who couldn't possibly just play 3.. I need the whole picture :)

I loved part one, it flowed flawlessly, and played just as well. I think your story, environs, and encounters were set just right, and I'm looking forward to part 2 later tonight :)

I return your thanks for the fun... Lovin it :)

Oh PS.. you said you'd PM me regarding my latest beta, but I never received one? No real problem, but thought you should know. :)

Thanks again

Art (aka Casek)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Part 1: A Mysterious Portal: - NW-DIKGSOTWT
    Part 2: Into the forest: Out now - NW DAVOJC8N7
    Part 3: Through the portal: 50% Finished!
    Part 4: Lvl 113

Does YOUR FOUNDRY need more plays? Try this thread: Click here
    edited July 2013
    casekuk wrote: »
    Hi Pris,

Just played part1... I am someone who couldn't possibly just play 3.. I need the whole picture :)

I loved part one, it flowed flawlessly, and played just as well. I think your story, environs, and encounters were set just right, and I'm looking forward to part 2 later tonight :)

I return your thanks for the fun... Lovin it :)

Oh PS.. you said you'd PM me regarding my latest beta, but I never received one? No real problem, but thought you should know.

Thanks again

Art (aka Casek)

Thanks. It seems that Part 2 is the favorite of the three so far. As for your PM, that really sucks that you didn't get it. I swear I sent one....I hope that my notes are still lying around. If not I will re-run your quest and send you my notes again. :)

I sent you another PM with the notes. Let me know if you do not receive it so I can figure out what is going on here.

• docsc00terdocsc00ter Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'll gladly trade you a review! :)

Just finished playing. Left a review and tip in-game.

Simply put, it's a great adventure. The lab motif works so well for multiple quests, and the characters are developed nicely. The frosty environments were superb, and the FX made me actually chilly. Combat was well-paced and appropriate -- fun and a little challenging without being wearisome or overwhelming. I appreciated the shortcuts, but enjoyed the opportunity to explore" off the beaten path" even more. Being woken up and watching a certain someone transform (spoilers!) were great surprises. AWESOME QUEST!
    edited July 2013
    docsc00ter wrote: »
    I'll gladly trade you a review! :)

Just finished playing. Left a review and tip in-game.

Simply put, it's a great adventure. The lab motif works so well for multiple quests, and the characters are developed nicely. The frosty environments were superb, and the FX made me actually chilly. Combat was well-paced and appropriate -- fun and a little challenging without being wearisome or overwhelming. I appreciated the shortcuts, but enjoyed the opportunity to explore" off the beaten path" even more. Being woken up and watching a certain someone transform (spoilers!) were great surprises. AWESOME QUEST!

Hey, thanks! :) I am glad you liked the transformation of you know who. That was fun to come up with.

I just finished reviewing your quest. I look forward to more adventures in Dumedalot. :)

• bittersweet14bittersweet14 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    First time posting in the Foundry thread :)

Pris - I love the story line you have going. I have played and reviewed all three in this saga and honestly cannot wait for continued chapters. Action and story are very well balanced. I utterly love your maps and have stated that in the reviews I did for all of them.

SPOILERS!

I thought the idea of Speedy was a good idea. Like others have stated maybe a slight tweaking to his name/label might be helpful. Other than that it isn't a big deal since you can click on him and go right back.

I think the poster that mentioned tweaking the "shoulder" scene was right. Loved the idea and your implementation was fairly well done I thought. I also liked the easy jumping puzzle/pathway and thought the ropes were a good addition. Needed them in one part when I wasn't sure which way to go.

The main reason I logged on was to write this: About the additional map area around the village Hi. I think maybe you shouldn't allow pathing all the way into the mountains. There is nothing up there and it is possible to see to the edge of your map in a couple of spots. I am one of those people who loves to open up all available map when possible and since you make such wonderful maps I couldn't stop. ;-) I think you did a great job on the village and with this weekend's event going on I was able to harvest a few giftboxes off of the additional mobs there.

Again looking forward to more chapters ( I really like your character development and humor). Thank you for all of the time and effort you put into this. :)
    edited July 2013
    The main reason I logged on was to write this: About the additional map area around the village Hi. I think maybe you shouldn't allow pathing all the way into the mountains. There is nothing up there and it is possible to see to the edge of your map in a couple of spots. I am one of those people who loves to open up all available map when possible and since you make such wonderful maps I couldn't stop. ;-) I think you did a great job on the village and with this weekend's event going on I was able to harvest a few giftboxes off of the additional mobs there.

Again looking forward to more chapters ( I really like your character development and humor). Thank you for all of the time and effort you put into this. :)
    I am glad you enjoyed it. Honestly, I wasn't aware that you could get to the top from the outside. I thought I blocked it with huge rock boulders/walls. I will look into this. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Was this the first instance of that map or the return map that allowed you to go to the top?

• bittersweet14bittersweet14 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    pris23 wrote: »
    I am glad you enjoyed it. Honestly, I wasn't aware that you could get to the top from the outside. I thought I blocked it with huge rock boulders/walls. I will look into this. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Was this the first instance of that map or the return map that allowed you to go to the top?

I was too interested in the story to go too far with the first instance so I only unlocked all of the map on return. I didn't see too awful much while exploring the first instance. I want to say I did see one area in the mountains that I saw the edge but I didn't consider it a big deal. I go looking for this stuff. You should see what the Devs did to the backside of some of the mountains in the Icespire Peak area. ;)
  • theninja0theninja0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just finished playing it. Easily five stars. The only small issue was i would like to know before clicking on the horse that it will take me back to the camp. Also the bear and two cubs; I assume the mother is supposed to be the strong one, but one of the cubs is.
    I really liked the trek through the snowy wilderness at sunset back to the village at the end there.
    My Quests:
    Anomalous readings NW-DT25L46HY
    The Banished Realm NW-DBPX6X9JV
  • thalazar1thalazar1 Member Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    just finished up play#20 this quest is now a daily :D

Very good quest. loved the environments. looking forward to more of the story as it unfolds.
    I couldn't see anything out of place or notice any typos with one exception. in the cave at the end before returning to the village one of the scouts has a 5 in their name, the female one. very fun quest to run!

Feel free to try out my newest one the ruined temple.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Lost Keep NW-DS1XBAK7D An experiment Daily Foundry
    The Ruined Temple NW-DBHC7MUBL Latest and last one Daily Foundry
    edited July 2013
    theninja0 wrote: »
    Just finished playing it. Easily five stars. The only small issue was i would like to know before clicking on the horse that it will take me back to the camp. Also the bear and two cubs; I assume the mother is supposed to be the strong one, but one of the cubs is.
    I really liked the trek through the snowy wilderness at sunset back to the village at the end there.

I have taken steps to address this. Unfortunately, it is a foundry limitation. No matter what I name the teleporters it just says press F to interact. In either case I added a character that stands next to your first interaction with speedy to explain this to players. :)

I'll have to check out those bears that you are talking about. Generally, yes I meant for the Mother to be the strongest. Thanks for playing and for your feedback.

Cheers!

edited July 2013
    thalazar1 wrote: »
    just finished up play#20 this quest is now a daily :D

Very good quest. loved the environments. looking forward to more of the story as it unfolds.
    I couldn't see anything out of place or notice any typos with one exception. in the cave at the end before returning to the village one of the scouts has a 5 in their name, the female one. very fun quest to run!

Feel free to try out my newest one the ruined temple.

Hey thx for pointing out the scout with the number in her name. I thought I got all of those, but hey you know how it can be spawning and despawning people to create a specific scene. Sometimes 3 and 4 spawns later they get messed up. I have tried to get better about renaming my customizations so this doesn't happen, but sometimes I forget still. :)

Happy questing/building!

edited July 2013
    OK guys. I have gone through according to your feedback and made some fixes. Thank you so much for all of you guy's time and feedback. Of course I am still open to more feedback, but I am happy to announce that the first round of fixes has been completed.

These fixes mostly include spelling/grammatical errors, floating items, and such. I do want to ask you guys though...

The last couple of quests had more combat than this one did really. Should I add some more encounters throughout the map? Should this be done with a difficulty slider or just as part of normal mode? I have noticed in my reviews that people have mentioned that the story is good and fun, but that the combat was a little lacking. This is excluding the last fight. I have only had 1-2 people say that they thought the last fight was too easy. What are your thoughts on this? :)

Thanks again for your time and I am looking forward to exchanging more reviews. Cheers! :)

edited July 2013
    Going to play through this again tomorrow, will fun to see the fixes/changes you've made!
    I like turtles.

• yipykayeyipykaye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Playing wind of the north now. * Spoilers*

You had me confused at first. Thinking whats wrong I am standing here and I can't talk to him. Nice misdirection :)
    When reading the book at the camp eachother needs a space. Love the idea of speedy.
    Have they changed the size we can make npc's now? Musashi seems much bigger than I have been able to make my witch in earlier builds.

Overall great quest. Well done. Might have been a couple more small details but I didn't even see them because I was enjoying the quest.
    "A Time Long Forgotten"
    Whispers in the Forest NW-DPJGEXZJ8 - Daily
    A Salty Sailor's Brew NW-DMOZP625S - Daily
    Bonds of a Brother NW-DCP9XPZHI - Daily
    edited July 2013
    SPOILERS!
    yipykaye wrote: »
    Playing wind of the north now. * Spoilers*

You had me confused at first. Thinking whats wrong I am standing here and I can't talk to him. Nice misdirection :)
    When reading the book at the camp eachother needs a space. Love the idea of speedy.
    Have they changed the size we can make npc's now? Musashi seems much bigger than I have been able to make my witch in earlier builds.

Overall great quest. Well done. Might have been a couple more small details but I didn't even see them because I was enjoying the quest.

Musashi was smoke and mirrors my friend. A Giant that I made as short as possible and then put back into normal size mode. :) I wish I could have made another race. You could always try modifying the giants (it would take some serious time if you needed a female, bit other than that). I am glad that you enjoyed this. I need to check out part 3 of your quest. :) Ill get around to it tomorrow or tuesday for sure. :) This week is a big week for me at work so I am not able to review as fast as I usually can. I will check it out for sure though.

• imperialmenimperialmen Member Posts: 65
    edited July 2013
    Excellent quest! Very immersive environment and quest, and very detailed! I enjoyed it thoroughly..!

And I couldn't help but notice the Japanese sounding names. ;)
    edited July 2013
    Excellent quest! Very immersive environment and quest, and very detailed! I enjoyed it thoroughly..!

And I couldn't help but notice the Japanese sounding names. ;)

Yeah the names were definitely Japanese. :) Part 2 I used Old Norse as a theme and for Part 3 had a Japanese theme. I haven't quite decided on what Part 4 is yet.

I am glad that you enjoyed it. Happy questing/building and thanks for your review.