test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The rogues are very over

ludolfoludolfo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I would like to know why rogues are so over.
They've come to make up to 35k damage, amazing, but not only that
they can attack when they are invisible doing much much damage, 10k throwing knives, obviously they can become invisible and also become immune.

This is a bad joke for the rest of class.

put a moab in their abilities.

I call it checked, because you can not play PVP rogues

to the aforementioned, most play with a rogue because they know they are OVER. So do not say films about skills or equipment
Post edited by ludolfo on

Comments

• Options
    ludolfoludolfo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    en espa
  • Options
    darklock101darklock101 Member Posts: 52
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, I am so over rogues.
  • Options
    knarsistknarsist Member Posts: 86
    edited July 2013
    LOL, I love how the post says "OVER" instead of "OP." It's so true!
  • Options
    manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    ludolfo wrote: »
    So do not say films about skills or equipment

I prefer films that tell a story. Technical films are boring.
  • Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    "rouges are overpowdered"
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    "rouges are overpowdered"

+1

/10chars
  • Options
    parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ludolfo wrote: »
    obviously they can become invisible and also become immune.

Where does this myth come from? What class are you? Whichever it is you can fly and become immune, true story.
  • Options
    parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Rogues are the ones who will be forced to L 2 P, very soon. Then they all will most likely quit NW, once they realized that without being horribly OP... they are not as good of a gamer as the others.
    You're really claiming that a class is a bad player and other classes are good? I'm surprised your browser was configured to allow such a post.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    parp12 wrote: »
    Where does this myth come from? What class are you? Whichever it is you can fly and become immune, true story.

LOL, don't you know? All the PvP whiners think that rogues are immune in stealth, that's how well they know the class. They've been spreading this misinformation high and low.
  • Options
    ghostravynghostravyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 59
    edited July 2013
    verdonix1 wrote: »
    THIS^^ because of little whiners that are similar to the post made above, (not telling which one) .... rogues are SOOO OVER.... you all are getting your wish, Rogue will now be worse then DC in the damage department.
    Absolutely ....
    Positively ....
    Bologne.

While there are some tweeks, there is no way you even come close to being as hampered as the DCs in combat. Not even close. If you were here locally I'd take you out behind the woodshed with a willow switch for saying something even remotely off-base as this.
    Corrupted Souls, Mindflayer server
    uKc2R.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    To be fair, TRs are still going to do more single-target DPS than DCs. But that doesn't really mean anything, since DCs are nowhere near a DPS class.

So that was an exaggeration, but it's true that rogues are getting hosed in PvE. If you don't believe me, head over to the Thieves Den and look at the cold hard numbers.
  • Options
    zephyrlizephyrli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    verdonix1 wrote: »
    THIS^^ because of little whiners that are similar to the post made above, (not telling which one) .... rogues are SOOO OVER.... you all are getting your wish, Rogue will now be worse then DC in the damage department.

actually, played a dungeon just today where indeed my DC did 2 mil more damage than the rogue. ok the rogue player was fundamentally a bad player anyway but ive never seen anyone with a rogue be so underpowered in a dungeon. It really is having the knock on effect of ruining T2 dungeons now cause rogues just cant take down bosses fast enough no matter what you spin it. The whiney ****s have won this round, rogues are now useless. Maybe i'll try running 2 gwfs to kill the boss next time...
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    zephyrli wrote: »
    actually, played a dungeon just today where indeed my DC did 2 mil more damage than the rogue. ok the rogue player was fundamentally a bad player anyway but ive never seen anyone with a rogue be so underpowered in a dungeon. It really is having the knock on effect of ruining T2 dungeons now cause rogues just cant take down bosses fast enough no matter what you spin it. The whiney ****s have won this round, rogues are now useless. Maybe i'll try running 2 gwfs to kill the boss next time...

Did you do this on live or the preview shard? The rogue nerf isn't live yet, so if you did that on the live server that was one terrible rogue, or you way outgeared him/her.
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    inb4 people whining that TR is more OP after patch because of the new specs we are making :rolleyes:
    zephyrli wrote: »

Actually, my guild leader is a DC and he can out DPS bad rogues on the live shard .

Some rogues are just stupid, they play it the classic way and are completely ignorant of other feat trees. And are also neglecting some important encounters they can increase their DPS with.

The TRs will get a drop in DPS due to the lurker nerf and that cannot be denied, but it is still manageable to make up a huge portion of that DPS loss, if they just start using their heads and stop getting used to being spoon fed every single information of how to build their characters..

However, the new changes Cryptic made has made the TR get "Infinite" stealth regeneration everytime they finish using an encounter or an At-will while having "Invisible Infiltrator " slotted.. so i don't think these changes will be applied as they are anyways.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    Some rogues are just stupid, they play it the classic way and are completely ignorant of other feat trees. And are also neglecting some important encounters they can increase their DPS with.

Please explain. I would like to know of these encounters which can make up for the DPS loss due to the multiple-level DF nerf (let alone the Lurker's nerf). Also, please list the feats you speak of, and don't forget the "while in stealth" component.
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    knarsist wrote: »
    Please explain. I would like to know of these encounters which can make up for the DPS loss due to the multiple-level DF nerf (let alone the Lurker's nerf). Also, please list the feats you speak of, and don't forget the "while in stealth" component.
    if they just start using their heads and stop getting used to being spoon fed every single information of how to build their characters..

I rest my case.

I will keep the build for myself, as it isn't hard to figure out.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I will keep the build for myself.

I thought so.

You won't give the details because you don't have them. You're blowing smoke. Anyone can make a claim, but if you can't back it up I'm going to assume that you're full of hot air. Feel free to respond with how stupid you think I am and how you know TR so much better, until you can back it up I'm just going to laugh.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Feel free to respond with how stupid you think I am and how you know TR so much better

You pretty much did that already by asking how to do it.

I don't have to state the obvious and post details about it since, like i said, it is easy to figure out.

Calling me a liar doesn't either back up your point since you didn't say why is it impossible to have a build that can make up the DPS loss either.

Cheers
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Calling me a liar doesn't either back up your point since you didn't say why is it impossible to have a build that can make up the DPS loss either.

I didn't call you a liar, I said you weren't backing up your claim, and you aren't.

You are the one making the claim, the burden of proof is on you, it's perfectly fair for someone to ask you to back up your claim.

It's ridiculous to say that I have to prove how it's impossible to make a build that can make up for the DPS loss, you can't prove a negative, that's logic 101, and like I said the burden of proof is on you anyway.
  • Options
    murraymaniamurraymania Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I didn't call you a liar, I said you weren't backing up your claim, and you aren't.
    To be fair saying "You won't give the details because you don't have them." in response to someone saying they had them implies they're lying, which is tantamount to calling them a liar.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    To be fair saying "You won't give the details because you don't have them." in response to someone saying they had them implies they're lying, which is tantamount to calling them a liar.

Fair enough, but not exactly. He didn't make claim that he had all the details, just that he thought he knew of a way to make a build based on certain encounters or feats. So when I say he won't give the details, I'm saying he doesn't know as much as he's claiming. He's assuming such a build without actually working it out, is what I'm thinking. It's more like boasting than lying, exactly.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

It's ridiculous to say that I have to prove how it's impossible to make a build that can make up for the DPS loss, you can't prove a negative, that's logic 101, and like I said the burden of proof is on you anyway.

Here is some Logic:

I claimed that i have a build but i chose not to say details----> i didn't say that it is hard to make nor that it is super secret----> you called me a liar ( no matter how far you want to turn that around , it was obviously an accusation of lying since you said"You won't give the details because you don't have them" ) So it means you denied a claim i made because i refused to give "obvious details".

So result should be you lecturing me how is it not possible to make such builds with the future changes , as like i said, i'm not giving away any details because that would be like stating the obvious.

If you can't prove that no build can exist with the future changes ,when it goes on the live shard, that can make up a huge portion of the DPS loss then you have no right to say i'm talking air.

Ps. my build was tested on preview shard and so far it looks great.

Something about " you can't prove a negative" since you obviously have issues with that:

http://departments.bloomu.edu/philosophy/pages/content/hales/articlepdf/proveanegative.pdf
  • Options
    macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Im not worry about the dmg rogues can do... as a DC i can also give +30k dmg with 1 spell (in PVE).... But i agree that the permanent stealth and throwing dagers in a big issue.

So insted of nerf rogue dmg just try to figure out a way to avoid permanent stealth... well at least in PvP.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    my build was tested on preview shard and so far it looks great.

OK, then let's see some numbers. We have some numbers on the test shard showing the effects of the nerfs on DF, now let's see yours. I think I have an idea of what kind of build you are talking about, but I don't think the numbers are there, and you won't say anyway.

You just googled "prove a negative" and took that out of context.

This is what I think you're really doing, BTW, note "asserts that a proposition is true because it has not yet been proven false":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance
  • Options
    mackdajackmackdajack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Dang, Steven Hales just made me dizzy.
    If you two are endeavoring to enlighten us with knowledge of Rogues after the possible incoming changes, you stopped doing that at post 18.
    Get a room.
    GWF thread QFT
    "This HAMSTER we got now where 2dc/2cw/1tr clear epic T2 then sell the stuff on AH while we pull our puds has got to stop."
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    You just googled "prove a negative" and took that out of context.

This is what I think you're really doing, BTW, note "asserts that a proposition is true because it has not yet been proven false":

I didnt take anything out of context , you said you cant prove a negative and i tried to get an easy illustrative link of how to prove a negative.

The article is clear , "asserts that a proposition is true because it has not yet been proven false" part doesn't make it unreliable nor non-sense able.
    OK, then let's see some numbers. We have some numbers on the test shard showing the effects of the nerfs on DF, now let's see yours. I think I have an idea of what kind of build you are talking about, but I don't think the numbers are there, and you won't say anyway.

I will be more than pleased to post my total DPS when i get the chance to join a decent group for an Epic dungeon.

If you know any please message me on forums to coordinate a run or two.
  • Options
    narayansinghnarayansingh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Here is some Logic:

I claimed that i have a build but i chose not to say details----> i didn't say that it is hard to make nor that it is super secret----> you called me a liar ( no matter how far you want to turn that around , it was obviously an accusation of lying since you said"You won't give the details because you don't have them" ) So it means you denied a claim i made because i refused to give "obvious details".

So result should be you lecturing me how is it not possible to make such builds with the future changes , as like i said, i'm not giving away any details because that would be like stating the obvious.

If you can't prove that no build can exist with the future changes ,when it goes on the live shard, that can make up a huge portion of the DPS loss then you have no right to say i'm talking air.

Ps. my build was tested on preview shard and so far it looks great.

Something about " you can't prove a negative" since you obviously have issues with that:

http://departments.bloomu.edu/philosophy/pages/content/hales/articlepdf/proveanegative.pdf

If you won't or can't prove a claim... Most people will say your claim is hot air. Like it or not.
    Sweet Water and Light Laughter Till Next We Meet.
    Narayan