test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bag of Holding bends space and time, disappears into black hole

beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I've already submitted an in-game bug report and GM help ticket for this problem, but I'm posting it here for additional visibility.

I was attempting to sort out my inventory to switch the positions of a Greater Bag of Holding and the 18-slot quest bag (I forget the name and no longer have one to look at). I unequipped the first bag by double-clicking, and didn't check where it went before double-clicking the second bag. Both disappeared. I now realize that the first unequipped bag went into the (formerly) empty second bag. Instead of the game reminding me that a bag with an item in it cannot be unequipped, apparently if the only item in an otherwise empty bag is another bag and the player attempts to unequip the bag, they form a feedback loop of sorts and will both be removed entirely. I did have open inventory space, but this was at the very bottom of my inventory, below the bags I was attempting to change the positions of.

Don't let this happen to you! I've gone from having a comfortable amount of open space available that I was simply trying to organize better, to next to none, and I'm out a significant chunk of ADs for the lost greater bag.
Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The same thing happened to me as well, but it was (fortunately) just the smallest 12-slot bag. Still, I wish it was possible to drag-and-drop inventory bags into the order we want, instead of needing to empty the whole lot of them and potentially lose one (or more).
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sorry to hear that. I actually did some testing on the preview shard to figure out the exact cause and posted my results in another thread about the same bug.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?413651-Bag-Gone-after-double-click
    What I've written in this topic is actually somewhat misleading, since I was less informed of what had happened at the time.

Please use the in-game Help menu to submit both a bug report (to help identify it as a priority fix) and a GM help request (in hopes of getting your bag back).

I agree with you in wishing it was possible to just drag the bags to change order without having to empty them.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• vraylvrayl Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My bug to report is that I cannot post any new threads...I can only reply, so I'm replying. Please fix my account so that I can post new threads! Nobody on the support forum to monitor those threads so I'm over here!
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My GM help request was answered with great success!

They said that if I emptied out yet another bag and dragged it to the open slot where I'd lost one, if all went well, the missing bag would appear in the bag I just moved. It worked, and I recovered both of my lost bags.

Sharing the solution for the good of all.

Neverwinter Census 2017