Install Arc
Options

Beta Mini-Foundry Competition: Win 500,000 AD

124»

Comments

• Options
    mee2002mee2002 Member Posts: 100 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Dzogen, I sent you a PM. Just in case you haven't checked it.
    NW-DPTTECLTF - Cindy Jones and the Holy Stein. A simple but hopefully entertaining foray into the world of Foundry.
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Dang...missed out on this. Of course my foundry quest is not 100% complete, but it is functional and working.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    mezrellamezrella Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well after DAYS in publishing hell My quest is finally up and not bugged out. I know I am likely too late for the contest but you are welcome to give it a try. Thanks!

The Second Coming – Act 1: A Family Affair NW-DH7J6B8V2

You are stopped by a young girl, outside the Sage Shop, who has a simple request: Find my Grandfather and bring him home so he can help my “sick” Grandmother Bradda the Sage. Upon finding her Grandfather you are taken to secret locations to help him with his own agenda.

** WARNING: Skipping through dialogue ( or trying to 11111 through it) May result in forced hard modes, long dialogue loops that take longer than reading, or in some cases death. You have been warned.
    **Playing an ego maniac may also result in death, you have been warned.

**Suitable for a solo adventure. If you go with a party it is best to ensure all members stick together, or one person may have it easy and other members may be forced in to “hard modes”
    **Requires 4 open inventory slots (only two are “required” for the story line. Others are optional “easier modes”)
    ** Based LOOSLY on existing lore (please do not “red shirt guy” me)

Time to play – 15-30 mins (depending on your choices)
    Quest type – Balanced
    Time to build- 146 hours
    The Second Coming
    Act 1: A Family Affair - NW-DH7J6B8V2
    Act 2.1 and Act 2.2 Coming soon!
  • Options
    ethem44ethem44 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hello

My quest : NW-DUUU4RSBJ (French langage)
    Translate is comming
  • Options
    onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So how did the competition go?

EDIT: @leinahtanwc: Omg that looks so freaking awesome. I'm seriously going to have to learn how to use that darn Foundry. That looks amazing.
  • Options
    avistar001avistar001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited July 2013
    So how did the competition go?

With so many fun entries, I imagine it will be another week yet before he/she picks a favorite.

Good luck everyone!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Copy/Paste Short Code: NW-DDKQRRF9P
    Member:
    Scribes' Enclave: Volunteer Foundry Reviewers and Tutors
  • Options
    docsc00terdocsc00ter Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, at the very least, this thread has been a great source of finding quests to review! And thanks for everyone here who reviewed mine along the way as well. Started with nothing when I posted here, and now it's seen like 90+ plays! Lots of good feedback, an opportunity to correct and tweak a few things, etc. No matter what happens as dzogen selects a favorite, I've enjoyed the opportunity!
  • Options
    gynkobagynkoba Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Docsc00ter,

You mind playing mine? I have only seen one play... and it wasn't our illustrious thread captain.

http://imgur.com/DfzkLIT

NW-DQD8MB46W
    Name: Q. Q. "Locked Out of His Tower"
    Description: Qliphoth Quarterhour - "Locked Out of His Tower"

An urgent missive has just been received from the apprentice of a very wealthy wizard. He begs that you arrive quickly as the tower is in chaos and his master just ran out the front door casting spells and shouting obscenities. He promises magical rewards and future employment if you come quickly. Seek Qliphoth.
    NW-DQD8MB46W Q. Q. "Locked Out of His Tower" "An urgent missive has just been received from the apprentice of a very wealthy wizard...."
  • Options
    distortedilludistortedillu Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As a newbie to both Neverwinter and Foundry, can anyone answer some questions I have about slang used?

What is griefing?

Does mob stacking include say 1 boss mob [wight for instance] + a few easy spiders [consider 1 mob, but there are 3 little beasties] -- or is mob stacking generally used for people who stack a bunch of difficult encounters?

And argh even though this comp. is over I am so tempted to make another foundry >15m XD
  • Options
    dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As a newbie to both Neverwinter and Foundry, can anyone answer some questions I have about slang used?

What is griefing?

Does mob stacking include say 1 boss mob [wight for instance] + a few easy spiders [consider 1 mob, but there are 3 little beasties] -- or is mob stacking generally used for people who stack a bunch of difficult encounters?

And argh even though this comp. is over I am so tempted to make another foundry >15m XD

I'm way behind on this. Plus the Foundry had been down for a while. I'll keep this contest open til the end of this weekend (Sun).

I consider griefing when you make a quest incompletable or otherwise impossibly difficult late in the quest, thus destroying all the time you spent up to that point.

Mob stacking is when you put a bunch of mobs on each other. It's probably the #1 thing I see in beta quests but it makes it harder for higher levels to complete their quest which leads to no reviews. You can pull it off but I don't think it's a good idea to do at first.
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • Options
    distortedilludistortedillu Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ah, that makes sense :) Thank you for answering! I have played some of your missions, before stumbling upon the forums, and they are quite enjoyable <3

Cheers,
    D.I.
  • Options
    gynkobagynkoba Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Dzogen, Is this dead?
    NW-DQD8MB46W Q. Q. "Locked Out of His Tower" "An urgent missive has just been received from the apprentice of a very wealthy wizard...."
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    No I just forgot about it. Next person name a number between 1-102
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
  • Options
    savaikunsavaikun Member Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

/10chars
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Post obsolete.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    savaikun wrote: »

/10chars

Ok let's subtract 58 from my post #104 subtracting any posts by me along the way and that's your winner
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    dzogen wrote: »
    Ok let's subtract 58 from my post #104 subtracting any posts by me along the way and that's your winner

So we are not going to get a "best choice" or even a rating? I guess I will now post it out to the forum.

Sorry Dzogen, I honestly thought that this was a good contest and would be a fun way to get others (and someone who is already skilled at this) to review my work. In the end I did a lot of waiting (because we had to keep it in beta) to find out that you had given up on it. It really sucks how you let me down.

I understand people get busy, sick, or bored. But to completely forget about a contest you are running and people are involved with is low. You turned it into a lottery. Hate me if you want, ignore me if you will, but you just lowered my expectations of a "Master" foundry writer.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    gynkoba wrote: »
    So we are not going to get a "best choice" or even a rating? I guess I will now post it out to the forum.

Sorry Dzogen, I honestly thought that this was a good contest and would be a fun way to get others (and someone who is already skilled at this) to review my work. In the end I did a lot of waiting (because we had to keep it in beta) to find out that you had given up on it. It really sucks how you let me down.

I understand people get busy, sick, or bored. But to completely forget about a contest you are running and people are involved with is low. You turned it into a lottery. Hate me if you want, ignore me if you will, but you just lowered my expectations of a "Master" foundry writer.

Sorry to disappoint you with this. Although if you look at the quest 1/2 of it was lottery based. I still haven't gotten thru half of the quests - post your code and I'll take a look. Cheers.
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
  • Options
    sourcreamkingsourcreamking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    So... Did I win or am I one off? :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The entire campaign can be found here: NWS-DQS27OINC

Individual quests:
    1. Heeding the Call - NW-DMJCDZ5XJ
    2. Bored of the Rings - NW-DFWE3XR6W
    3. Draconian Ways - NW-DUNZEJG2J
    4. When All is Said and Done... - Look at the picture ;)
  • Options
    sourcreamkingsourcreamking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    So? Who won random & best?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Individual quests:
  • Options
    lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    dzogen flash your mighty muscles for us and tell us officially so we have someone say gratz to :p
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
  • Options
    leinahtanwcleinahtanwc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    lolsorhand wrote: »
    dzogen flash your mighty muscles for us and tell us officially so we have someone say gratz to :p

Based on the numbers, it would be superdank at 39 or lolsorhand at 38 if the 107th post doesn't count.

Surprised this thread is alive still.
  • Options
    lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I didn't enter the competition :)
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I didn't enter the competition :)

You commented. My count backwards ended on someone else though. Best have dzogen himself do the counting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Individual quests:
  • Options
    edited July 2013

So ya I counted backwards twice and both times landed on crimson concepts

So that's the random winner

post something in the AH and let me know when you did this

/flex
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I'm streaming chess live on Twitch.tv: http://www.twitch.tv/dzogen

Come to chess.com and play me

All challengers accepted @ 10,000 AD/ game