test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Identify Scrolls

fsunatefsunate Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Within the past week you guys have changed the drop rate of all identify scrolls DRASTICALLY. Even at low levels I can't keep up with identifying armor I may need so I'm for to vendor it or discard it and left with nothing in my pocket. You guys know the exchange for gold to AD to zen. make these things purchasable OR at minimum increase the rate to which they drop back to what they were a week ago. I understand this is a "for profit" business but common, give a dog a bone here!

Sincerely,

Unhappy customer.
Post edited by fsunate on

Comments

• hebrewhealzhebrewhealz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i literally just leveled 2 characters in the past 2 weeks to level cap and have only had issues with ID scrolls twice: the same point on each character.

when you hit level 29/30 and are swapping from lesser ID scrolls to normal ones, you might have some times where you don't have enough of the larger scrolls to ID your new level 30 items. That's it. Only time.
  • aaronjfaaronjf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I was going to say they seem to be dropping more often. At least for the higher level ones. At 55, tons drop in the foundry and off normal trash mobs. Like hebrew, I have hit a slight speed bump when transitioning to the higher lvl scrolls on all 4 toons. I purchased some to get me through that point and haven't had any issues in the many lvls past that.
  • fsunatefsunate Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Like I said, within this past week, so less than 7 days.....they have changed it, I promise you.
    edited July 2013
    Let's wait to see what an official says.
  • brostenbrosten Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I just levelled a GFW up in the past week, didnt notice any ID scrolls changes :x
  • moerevolvermoerevolver Member Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I do Solo Grind for the foundry daily, always have been getting 3~5 per run. Nothing has changed.
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    fsunate wrote: »
    Within the past week you guys have changed the drop rate of all identify scrolls DRASTICALLY. Even at low levels I can't keep up with identifying armor I may need so I'm for to vendor it or discard it and left with nothing in my pocket. You guys know the exchange for gold to AD to zen. make these things purchasable OR at minimum increase the rate to which they drop back to what they were a week ago. I understand this is a "for profit" business but common, give a dog a bone here!

Sincerely,

Unhappy customer.

Ahh, you do know that they are pretty cheap to buy for AD in the "Wondrous Bazar" (on your map it is No. 35) its sold by the lady(Wylandra 'wilie' Ilmarin) near Rhixx in the Market Place across from the Postal Courier in the Protectors Enclave (which is the central hub of the game) or you can access it via your screen remotely by pressing the 4th tab on top of your screen.

Sorry for being so sarcastic but I just could not help it - maybe you should have just asked in chat in game.

So for all the rant is worth - sorry buddy - they are already purchasable.

Maybe slow down and look at what all the shiny buttons do?
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You could also partake in any of the promo packs that multiple sites give out. Each one of these has 5 greater scrolls of ID in them.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
    edited July 2013
    Can we get a forum moderator or dev to answer with accurate information?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sometimes the RNG just doesn't give you what you want, which causes many people to whine and call hacks and nerfs when it's just... RANDOM. I got tons of ID scroll drops while playing a Foundry on Mimic last night.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sometimes the RNG just doesn't give you what you want, which causes many people to whine and call hacks and nerfs when it's just... RANDOM. I got tons of ID scroll drops while playing a Foundry on Mimic last night.

Also this! Also, there are times when I have zero scrolls on my alts I never seem to get any, but when I move some from another char to the one that needs the scrolls, they start dropping constantly.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Sincerely,

Unhappy customer.

they are purchaseable, 4th icon from the right at the top of your screen (you can open this wherever you are), or from AH. Only worth it for items near the top of their level range, i.e. Lesser scroll is for items 1-29, use these for stuff which is maybe 20+, scrolls are for items 30-59, use them for stuff which is 50-59. Greater scrolls are only for level 60 and not worth buying imo.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Let's wait to see what an official says.

Good luck with that.

If nothing changed there is no need to comment on it. And if it was a stealth nerf. Commenting on it undermines the whole stealth part.

Honestly, i think this is all in the OPs head. Nothing has changed recently.
    edited July 2013
    I would not comment if I had a mere 1 hour worth of data. It has been a drop rate cut of at least 50%. I don't have the hard data to prove it, but what I do know is that prior to this week, I could keep up with all the green drops, plus the greens from turning in mob bounty. Now this week, out of 15 greens I get to ID 3 maybe 4 and that doesn't include the bounties. This is me killing by myself, not in dungeons where people pass on the greens. It is me by myself killing and collecting my singular loot.

In regards to purchasing, for greater scrolls if I were to purchase them then I would lose roughly 10%.
    When I said make them purchasable I meant to add "with gold", well copper and silver actually, greater scrolls for lev 60s being 75 copper and the regulars for about 32 copper would be a proper exchange for time. Currently spending AD on the scrolls is way over priced imo.

It has certainly changed. I would just like a response.

If the response is "we changed the drop rate, but will not be doing anything further" then so be it. At least I will know that I'm not going crazy or that I'm a whiner because I asked for a simple response.

Trolling was funny about 15 years ago, I really find no humor in it anymore unless it really IS a great troll. No one in this thread has produced a great troll yet.

Moderator or dev, please answer because I'm too old and too tired to debate my hypothesis with other people.

Unhappy customer.

P.S.
    Parp: your post was informative and not condescending, thank you. I had that knowledge prior to my original post but failed to put 2 words in it that would have clarified that.
  • aaronjfaaronjf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think the only thing that has changed is your luck. Like I said, my toons have been seeing more of them drop than what I am used to seeing. Technically, I could argue they patched a higher drop rate due to what I have seen over the last few nights. Again, it is all to do w/ luck. Like all drops. That is the thing w/ a RNG. You can get a really rare item to drop many times in a row all the way to playing several toons and never seeing that item drop. As an example, last night I was playing my gf (lvl 55) doing some questing. Pulled a few groups of mobs. Got like 4-5 scrolls out of maybe 12 mobs. It's all luck imo.. Doubt they would nerf the drop rate to make more money since the id scrolls, especially pre lvl 60 cost peanuts.. Even the lvl 60 ones aren't bad.
    I know the rate is changing constantly but recently, about 1k ad= 1 gold. If memory serves me correctly, scrolls up to 59 are 25ad/scroll. You can get 20 scrolls for 500ad or 50 silver. That is what, 2.5 silver/scroll apx? That isn't too bad considering you should double your money at minimum. At higher lvls it will be easy to triple, if not make 4x that.
  • malkierdaishanmalkierdaishan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You are not going crazy I've noticed too the lesser drop of id scrolls and wasting ad for purchasing is very expensive especially for greater id scrolls, so yea I too think that drop rate is changed
  • tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Sincerely,

Unhappy customer.

Pretty sure this is all in your head.
    I will, however, say that there definitely seems to be fewer ID's handed out once you pass level ~30-35. On all of the characters I've done so far, there has been a plethora of lesser ID's (more than I ever needed), but once you pass 35-ish, they stop giving out a lot of the freebies (it also takes longer to level, so you kill more things and get more drops).
    So here's a good question: in the last week, did you make it into the upper 30's or 40's in level?

That being said, 1 hour's invocation provides more than enough AD to buy a few ID's (and you don't even have to be in town to do so).
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    aaronjf wrote: »
    I know the rate is changing constantly but recently, about 1k ad= 1 gold. If memory serves me correctly, scrolls up to 59 are 25ad/scroll. You can get 20 scrolls for 500ad or 50 silver. That is what, 2.5 silver/scroll apx? That isn't too bad considering you should double your money at minimum. At higher lvls it will be easy to triple, if not make 4x that.
    Lesser scroll = 15AD ea
    Normal = 45AD ea
    Greater = 125AD ea

Honestly, I don't bother to ID it if it's green. I only ID blue quality items.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • veruganverugan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 100
    edited July 2013
    Can we get a forum moderator or dev to answer with accurate information?

You must be new to the internet, welcome.
    edited July 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    Lesser scroll = 15AD ea
    Normal = 45AD ea
    Greater = 125AD ea

Thanks for clarifying that. I guess it serves me right for trying to go off memory of something I had to purchase once weeks ago :p
  • jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Maybe you are just getting more green drops now that you're getting higher in level.

That's my idea, but I wouldn't put it past them to change something so they can squeak another dime out of the players.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    Lesser scroll = 15AD ea
    Normal = 45AD ea
    Greater = 125AD ea

True enough.

When it comes down to it. The scrolls have two real functions. They are a fairly minor AD sink. And they also function as a way to convert AD to Gold. Instead of selling an unidentified item to a vendor for 1 silver. You can opt to sell it for 10 silver, for the cost of 45AD.

Honestly, unless you are hurting for gold. Identifying trash loot can largely be ignored.
    edited July 2013
    Everyone has an opinion. But I like to play the game the way I like to play it. If I want to sell every single green then that's my choice. Next, the drop rate has changed within the past 7 days. Maybe none of you have noticed because you largely ignore your greens? That's your choice I don't condemn you or force my way of doing things on you.

Still....a mod or a dev with the information could quickly solve my question.

Still,

Unhappy customer.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Everyone has an opinion. But I like to play the game the way I like to play it. If I want to sell every single green then that's my choice. Next, the drop rate has changed within the past 7 days. Maybe none of you have noticed because you largely ignore your greens? That's your choice I don't condemn you or force my way of doing things on you.

Still....a mod or a dev with the information could quickly solve my question.

Still,

Unhappy customer.

I hate to say it, but it might well be the RNG trolling you like the others have said. For a couple of weeks (I play slow) I wasn't getting any ID scrolls dropping at all and had to buy them from Wylie. Yet this week I've gotten at least half a dozen in the short spans of time that I play in. Maybe they have changed the drop rate and I've been really lucky, but either way the RNG is still enjoying its whims.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR