test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New expansion experience right now!

soulwhispsoulwhisp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So i copyed my main char to the mimic server and looked into the new content!

And i have to say its pretty good, with max gear was not so challenging, but still very entertaining. The new zone looks cool, the new mobs/adds/monsters are cool. I like the way they drop a lot rank 4 enchants and a lot healt potions. The solo instance has a much better alternative routes for the profession nodes, i like them.

We have 2 new enchantments, one of them is a pretty good a new utility enchant! I think its the best enchant so far :D

We have a new T2 set, and i saw earlyer a forum topics where they complained about there is no T3 in the new expansion. But i can assure you, you will wear these new T2 sets, because they give much more stats, and a much better set bonus (at least for DC). I think they are T2,5 like ancient weapons!

Also the T1 items will look cool i think, so a lot max geared guy will buy them too to change armor appearance!

I like the way you can now finally use the gold for something! Stack up like 200-300 gold at least before the expansion!

And the best part: new feats! You can have 5 new passive feats choosing from 11. (but right now i dont know that these are only for the new zone, or for pvp and dungeons too)

New companion upgrade: i think its not so expensive unless you are having an ioun stone. For ioun stone its useless, and they lied they will give ALL rank 30 companion a passive skill, but they didint do that for augmentation pets =(

We will have a new dungeon that will drop the tokens for the new T2,5 set. I couldnt try it yet, but i hope i can unlock it soon!

The only thing i missed yet that there is no new pvp content. I would love at least a new dominiation map with forest and stuff.

Right now i can give a 9/10. We will love the new expansion!
Post edited by soulwhisp on

Comments

• Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I really need to get over on the test server for at least a look
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    soulwhisp wrote: »
    New companion upgrade: i think its not so expensive unless you are having an ioun stone. For ioun stone its useless, and they lied they will give ALL rank 30 companion a passive skill, but they didint do that for augmentation pets =(

It's not quite useless - I tried upgrading my stone, and got a few points in various stats....and will presumably get some more stat increases when it goes from level 25 to level 30.

At the very least, it will give more of a boost than upgrading the T2 gauntlets from regular to reinforced.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Well in rank 30 you only get a total +21 stat. I dont think 21 stat is worth 750K ad! :/ Maybe if it will give some small passive bonus that would be nice.
  • Options
    ruprect1ruprect1 Member Posts: 67
    edited July 2013
    So it looks like about a weeks worth of fun and then back to the same old boredom. No thanks.
  • Options
    timmbeertimmbeer Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    lol you sound very ambiguous in your OP, doesn't brood well... at least the GOOD points are noted as deserved.
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    could you make screens of the new stuff?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    So it looks like about a weeks worth of fun and then back to the same old boredom. No thanks.
    Im currently at the first stage, and it tooks 3 days at least, and there are a lot stages. I think its at least 1 month gameplay. But you know better i see! Bye bye!
    huckaseven wrote: »
    could you make screens of the new stuff?

Map:
    http://imageshack.us/a/img20/6394/rslc.png
    Zone:
    http://imageshack.us/a/img829/4791/xu3m.jpg
    Feats:
    http://imageshack.us/a/img839/3008/uur7.png
    New utility enchant:
    http://imageshack.us/a/img823/8658/e94.png
    New T2,5 for DC:
    http://imageshack.us/a/img844/52/vima.png
    If one of you are surprised about armorpen, its much better than the recovery, because right now i have too much recovery with my cleric, so im good with these stats!
  • Options
    cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Whats the deal with the campaign? Saw that SS, looked..intriguing. More details?
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    cesmode8 wrote: »
    Whats the deal with the campaign? Saw that SS, looked..intriguing. More details?

The short answer is that there are daily quests to do in each of the areas of Feywild and they reward you with the various forms of currency that are needed to do the various tasks. Daily quests rotate so the ones you do today, won't be the same ones you will do tomorrow.

Up the main center is the main storyline (to go along with non-repeatable quests you get). The ones on the right sides are new buffs you can get. On the left are access to the dungeon at the bottom and then the new utility enchantment and a random ring, belt, or cloak in the top left.
  • Options
    ruprect1ruprect1 Member Posts: 67
    edited July 2013
    Im currently at the first stage, and it tooks 3 days at least, and there are a lot stages. I think its at least 1 month gameplay. But you know better i see! Bye bye!

Map:
    Zone:
    Feats:
    New utility enchant:
    New T2,5 for DC:
    If one of you are surprised about armorpen, its much better than the recovery, because right now i have too much recovery with my cleric, so im good with these stats!

I dont know better I was responding to your OP, you made it sound like all there was is a new zone/dungeon. I didn't realize there were stages. A zone takes like a few hours to clear if that and a dungeon a few hours. So to me it sounded like fun to farm the dungeon for a week and then back to the same old.
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Map:
    Zone:
    Feats:
    New utility enchant:
    New T2,5 for DC:

They really do listen when people complain lol new bop gear AND new feats? No more flooding the ah with gear people will actually have to EARN the legendaries just need another 10 pvp maps but this is a good start :)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    aachilaachil Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    how are u guys getting on to the new area which server are u getting on.. neverwinter preview or owlbear?
    i cant seem to get to it at all knox gives me nothing and the area aint on the map.. :(
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    aachil wrote: »
    how are u guys getting on to the new area which server are u getting on.. neverwinter preview or owlbear?
    i cant seem to get to it at all knox gives me nothing and the area aint on the map.. :(

This is on the preview server.
  • Options
    sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Well, I'm excited. Not excited enough to give PWE/Cryptic another dime of my money but there's room for forgiveness and recovery.
  • Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I like how Sharandar is bursting with Rangers and still we cant play as one... :/
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Im looking forward to this new zone but in all honesty what is there for a lvl 60 to do?
    Enchants are dime a dozen so lvl 4s dropping or not its no biggy..
    New T2.5 Gear or so you say but how long is it going to take people to farm it? I can probably see the AH being flooded with it in a week:/

Is there any real incentive for a lvl 60 to run this zone at all? I mean theres no increase in level cap, no alternate advancement, another Dungeon with the same boss dynamics so is this just another zone with more of the same stuff wrapped up differently..

Im patching the preview server myself now to have a look but getting last years presents wrapped up in this years paper isn't going to make me jump for joy...we shall see:rolleyes:
  • Options
    utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Im looking forward to this new zone but in all honesty what is there for a lvl 60 to do?
    Enchants are dime a dozen so lvl 4s dropping or not its no biggy..
    New T2.5 Gear or so you say but how long is it going to take people to farm it? I can probably see the AH being flooded with it in a week:/

New gears are bind on pickup so no worry.
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    utuwer wrote: »
    New gears are bind on pickup so no worry.

Thank god for that:p
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thank god for that:p

It's indeed good news. Less incentive to see zone spam asking for speedruns or exploits. BoP will save us all. I just hope there's some incentive to continue to play the content once you have the gear.
  • Options
    tag76tag76 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Map:
    Zone:
    Feats:
    New utility enchant:
    New T2,5 for DC:

Armor pen on the new gear ? What a load of garbage for a cleric. I actually prefer your old armor to the new one! Why would a cleric need Crit? It's a cleric not a combat medic -.-
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tag76 wrote: »
    Armor pen on the new gear ? What a load of garbage for a cleric. I actually prefer your old armor to the new one! Why would a cleric need Crit? It's a cleric not a combat medic -.-

Crit is actually pretty useful for a Cleric, and there are several feats that work off of it.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    tag76tag76 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ... in pvp yes, but I mean common how much longer can a person endure this broken record pvp mode o.o
    The only good thing I see so far about the up coming patch is, the enchants, the maps and that about sums it up! But again, like someone else stated " it will be done in less then a month". There's not enough content in this game yet I find.(and others) Too many various forms of currency, way, way too many! But I hope the new use fullness of gold in the next step will be worth everyone's time.
  • Options
    vayranovayrano Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The system isn't entirely different to what I have already experienced in Star Trek Online's (STO) reputation system. Even the 20 hours project timer is the same. Each reputation roughly took me around 1 month to complete. Only thing missing is the ability to buy pretty much all sorts of end game gear that are BoP of your choice with costs attached. I wonder if eventually we will see that appear over here.

The new feats are actually passive powers and even the design of it is pretty much a carbon copy of what you will find in STO. You have 4 tiers/levels where you pick 1 passive of the 2 available, and the final passive is fixed for everyone. If the passive powers here are like in STO then they will apply wherever you are (dungeons/PvP etc)

Companions upgrades are a bit pricey. I expected at least 500,000 AD for Blue to Purple. Hopefully they tweak the costs to make it a bit more reasonable.

The environment and zone is pretty nice, but once you're done with your daily quests, there isn't really much to do, which is not totally a bad thing. Gives me more time to work on other things, like gathering AD.
  • Options
    riqitariqita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Is there any real incentive for a lvl 60 to run this zone at all?
    Run it because there are new quests and new types of enemies to fight.
    There is a new storyline. New areas to explore. New lore.

Because it's fun to... play.

Plenty of endgame gear to purchase.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    riqita wrote: »
    Run it because there are new quests and new types of enemies to fight.
    There is a new storyline. New areas to explore. New lore.

Because it's fun to... play.

Plenty of endgame gear to purchase.

New quests - Same old quest mechanics - Get 5 of this kill 6 of that..
    New Enemies - Same Mechanics - Dodge the red circles
    New Storyline - Irrelevant if linked with the New quests
    New Lore - Only for those new to The Forgotten Realms

Because its fun to play..all things considered this game is fun to play the first time, but it repetitive nature sours very quickly much the same as I am expecting this to.

Guess you like Groundhog Day.. again an again an again.. glad your that easy to please, but just because I like flavour on my food doesn't make me a bad person.

PS. Sorry I missed out your New Areas to Explore - Good luck with that, if you think that exploring a linear pathway is exploring then I wouldn't trust you with the map an compass
  • Options
    riqitariqita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    New quests - Same old quest mechanics.
    New Enemies - Same Mechanics - Dodge the red circles
    New Storyline - Irrelevant if linked with the New quests
    New Lore - Only for those new to The Forgotten Realms
    It's not quite the same mechanics.
    I've never run across Troll camps before. Feels like I'm in a Hobbit movie.
    I've also never fought Redcaps before. They feel like they're using some PC powers NPCs haven't used before.
    Might be avoid red circles, sure. But, the cool part is what the attacks actually are and how they fit in with the story and environment.
    I suppose, yeah, if all you care about is mechanics - it's not going to be fun. But, then you aren't really looking for fun.
    Because its fun to play..all things considered this game is fun to play the first time, but it repetitive nature sours very quickly much the same as I am expecting this to.
    It's not all that repetitive.
    If all you focus on is mechanics and ignore story and lore, maybe it feels repetitive. But, it's way less repetitive and monotonous than EQ and WoW.
    Guess you like Groundhog Day.. again an again an again.. glad your that easy to please, but just because I like flavour on my food doesn't make me a bad person.
    I love exploration, so even a new map is plenty of fun for me.
    Just because all you care about is mechanics doesn't mean Neverwinter is a boring game.
    PS. Sorry I missed out your New Areas to Explore - Good luck with that, if you think that exploring a linear pathway is exploring then I wouldn't trust you with the map and compass
    If I'm uncovering a new map, it's probably all good.
    The linear aspect of Neverwinter is irrelevant.
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think they ninja'd a dc buff in there somewhere. I've noticed my dc is not as squishy anymore. I'm just waiting for them to nerf gf's stun/prone/knockback combo.
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    I'm glad you are enjoying it as much as me.

If you haven't already try the skirmishes. I haven't gotten a chance to do the dungeons but I can tell you the first skirmish was a breath of fresh air in which the content was challenging but there was no add fest. :D
  • Options
    xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm glad you are enjoying it as much as me.

If you haven't already try the skirmishes. I haven't gotten a chance to do the dungeons but I can tell you the first skirmish was a breath of fresh air in which the content was challenging but there was no add fest. :D

Sigh. That was what made this game unique. I would much rather a boss have a ton of adds then a ton of hp.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    xhrit wrote: »
    Sigh. That was what made this game unique. I would much rather a boss have a ton of adds then a ton of hp.

They don't have a ton of HP. You would have to try it yourself to see.
    It's challenging...but not because of adds...and they did not simply give the boss I faced a ton of HP.

We actually died quite a few times because various splats did one hit us if we didn't get out of them. On top of that there were certain adds who would heal other adds to full health if they got low and heal small portions of the bosses HP if you didn't kill them in time.

Heck even the adds in this fight seemed like they had less HP than the adds in current dungeons which is great in my books; fodder shouldn't take a long time to kill.

That plus various splats would prevent you from attacking anything if struck for short periods of time made the fight interactive and action packed but did not by making the threat the adds rather than the boss.

It's really quite enjoyable. It seems wrong that when I face something as big and bad as a dragon I don't die because the dragon decided to bite my head off or roast me alive but rather because he has a thousand followers come up and kill us for him. Adds can be fun but it did get really tiresome, really fast and the new boss mechanics I experienced were a godsend and much more in line with what I would expect from an "Action Combat" game where I should be expected to dodge and avoid taking damage rather than having wizards spam Arcane Singularity. :D