test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry Event

discothequezdiscothequez Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Foundry
I am not a Dungeon and Dragons enthusiast but what I have understand is that being Dungeon Master is an integral part of the success of DND. I personally feel that it is only fair that Cryptic Team reciprocate these Dungeon Masters for their time and effort making these Quests. (Seriously, some of these quests are really interesting and refreshing to play.) Furthermore, I think in-cooperating custom community based Dungeons is a pretty unique feature of this MMORPG and you guys could leverage on this to capture more players.

To be honest, the Foundry Event is pretty much pointless once you hit level 60. (Unless you want to level your companion) and doing 4 Foundries to get the Daily AD is also not economically efficient either (we have other means of earning AD).

I will love the Cryptic Team to implement an alternative reward model for higher GS level 60 players ONLY FOR SELECTED REVIEWED FOUNDRY (to prevent abuse of course). What will the community like to see?

PS: You can vote for more than one option.
Post edited by discothequez on

Comments

• dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    foundry seals
    unique rare vanity drops

nothing like this in next patch notes

foundry, which could be saving grace for end game content, instead continues to be pointless at end game
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    "Hey guys, the foundry event is coming up and we need one more person for a full party," said nobody ever.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    . . . . . I am all for more incentives and appropriate rewards for the Foundry, especially at later levels when players get near the end of any released content.

My votes are for:
    Astral Diamond Reward
    Professional Reward
    Alternative Currency Reward that can be traded for Unique Stuff
  • vikingbradvikingbrad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    To be honest, the Foundry Event is pretty much pointless once you hit level 60. (Unless you want to level your companion) and doing 4 Foundries to get the Daily AD is also not economically efficient either (we have other means of earning AD).

I will love the Cryptic Team to implement an alternative reward model for higher GS level 60 players ONLY FOR SELECTED REVIEWED FOUNDRY (to prevent abuse of course). What will the community like to see?

Agreed that XP reward for Foundry is worthless for Lvl 60. Should be straight AD for Daily Foundry or Foundry Event.

There are Foundry Community (reviewing and tipping Foundry quests) and Foundry Authoring achievements.
    If you do both the achievements grant titles, companions, cloaks and mounts.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?171741-Titles&p=2883882&viewfull=1#post2883882
    Ricky Gervatheist Lvl 60 DC on Dragon Server
    Looking for a guild for PvE Dungeons to suit AEST evenings
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You should clarify that the poll is targeted at level 60 characters.
    If it were targeted for all levels I would add:
  • karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I voted for AD and Alternative currency with its own reward.

I would prefer the latter, but having seen what the double AD weekend did for the Foundry Daily, changing the rotating event to an AD reward instead of XP would undoubtedly give 'Foundry' quests the boost they deserves. And considering that no one complains levelling is too slow in the game but there is usually always a 'levelling is too fast' thread on the front page of the GD forum, I would suggest that this would make sub-60s do cartwheels too.
  • izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Whatever the reward is, it must related to top-of-the-line end game gear in some easy to understand way. The reason for this is that end-game players will not play for garbage, and anything that is not along the path of most efficient way to aquire BiS gear will not be played by many players.

Astral diamonds could meet this criteria easiest, just give astral diamonds for time played, NOT FOR COMPLETION. This way people can play at whatever pace they choose and not feel they need to rush or are not being efficient in some way. This would get rid of exploiting maps, as exploiters can just sit AFK if they want so people playing for fun don't have to wade through their crappy hacks.
  • lengi9lengi9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think another currency would be too much, at this moment I prefer AD.

But I like the idea to trade for unique items, I would love fashion items although it would defeat the purpose of having a Zen Shop for fashion items leaving cryptic with less money.
    Just passing by...
  • leinahtanwcleinahtanwc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    There are a lot of problems that can happen if you give the wrong "rewards". For example, any monetary value (gold, diamonds, gear) will likely be exploited severely. However, you can have foundries provide non-exploitable bonuses.

*Unique Skins for Weapons/Armor - Account Bound and Unable to be sold. This creates a desirable item across for all levels, has no monetary value or game impacting value. These could be redeemed via tokens, which could drop from player placed chests and the end chest. To ensure no exploit, the more often a chest is looted, the less it will drop.
    *Unique Dyes

The only problem now is - this does conflict with the monetary system to a degree. However, if you encourage people to create foundries for "free"... its a fair tradeoff
  • karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    There are a lot of problems that can happen if you give the wrong "rewards". For example, any monetary value (gold, diamonds, gear) will likely be exploited severely. However, you can have foundries provide non-exploitable bonuses.

A cap on the amount you are allowed to earn in one day would take care of potential farming exploits.

While I love the idea of uniques (and they are my preference), I just feel the amount of work involved (and therefore cost to the company) means it probably won't be realised any time soon.