test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Drop Rate on the new healer is a joke...

124»

Comments

• wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Here's my feedback to Cryptic/PWI: Putting items in gamble boxes = bad, it pisses people off. Sure it's a huge cash inflow for a short time but you're killing the goodwill of your players .. the paying players.

they dont care though. theyll just leave the game tio the few people willing to buy power and funnel the money into developing their next gamblebox game
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited July 2013
    wingofbenu wrote: »
    they dont care though. theyll just leave the game tio the few people willing to buy power and funnel the money into developing their next gamblebox game

It's kinda hard to create a hit game. There's no guarantee that their next pay to win game will be as popular as Neverwinter. So they better preserve what they have.
  • wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's kinda hard to create a hit game. There's no guarantee that their next pay to win game will be as popular as Neverwinter. So they better preserve what they have.

I see you're not familiar with Cryptic Studios.
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Everything in that game is pretty much a huge gamble.
    During the time I played the Product Manager was PM Fenryr , he wasn't that bad , especially with the alchemy and whenever I had a need to deal with him in a customer support role he was always spot on , I played Kitsu saga after I left Grand Fantasia and the PM of that was called Tactics , now he basically wrecked that game from the moment he took over , % chance of getting anything good in either alchemy or lockboxes was close to 0% and no chance lol , anyways this is completely off topic so sorry xD
  • sneakyervinsneakyervin Member Posts: 101
    edited July 2013
    RNG is RNG.

OP opened over 40 boxes to get his, I opened one and got mine. Well I bought two boxes, one as payment to a friend for a piece of gear, then thought what the heck, I'll buy one for me just for ****s and giggles. And bam, there it was. Now it's on AH for 3.5mil on Mindflayer. Not a bad price IMO, concidering the RNG and quality of the item.
  • fmstalkerfmstalker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I only opened two, got one on the second.

So, you're luck sucks.

As a side note. I have this theory that worked for me in the past, and I started it with the idea of buying ten keys at a time.

If you open ten, and the rare doesn't pop. Restart the game. Then continue.

Everytime in the past I have done this, I got one rare in the next ten. If I didn't do this, I went as high as you have before.
  • ohman1336ohman1336 Member Posts: 32
    edited July 2013
    fmstalker wrote: »

So, you're luck sucks.

As a side note. I have this theory that worked for me in the past, and I started it with the idea of buying ten keys at a time.

Everytime in the past I have done this, I got one rare in the next ten. If I didn't do this, I went as high as you have before.
    hahah what makes you think he is unlucky? You were lucky by getting companion in the second box, I've opened about 15 didn't get mine. You can't be serious with the key thingy, it's random dude, logging in and out won't change anything.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Here's my feedback to Cryptic/PWI: Putting items in gamble boxes = bad, it pisses people off. Sure it's a huge cash inflow for a short time but you're killing the goodwill of your players .. the paying players.

This is how I feel and why I won't touch the random stuff. In the past I wasted tons on random stuff in other games. It eventually just left me feeling negative about those games. So much so that I decided to avoid that part of future games.

Gambling is addictive and some people just won't stop. But I know it generates tons of money for them. So I don't see them ever removing it. The best we can hope for (imo) is that they keep the items BOE. So those who wish to avoid that part of the game can still buy the rewards on the AH.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • timmbeertimmbeer Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

PWE has done this with their PWI, primary starting with Anniversary Pack. So when I start to play Neverwinter, I *expected* some kind of gambling will take place here too, and learn to stay away from it. That could be true for most veterans of PWE games.

Unfortunately, new players who are not aware of PWE's way of doing business will be caught up with the gambling hype.
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm not a fan of the random lockboxes, but they seem to be becoming the norm for F2P MMOs. What's the major source of income for other F2P MMOs that don't use this strategy?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • ehndehnd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What we need is a clear statement from the player base; the people that put money in Perfect Worlds' pockets. If we choose not to gamble on boxes, their revenue goes down and they are forced to go another, hopefully more honorable route.

The players in this forum are already united in their condemnation of PWI's dishonest practices and as a group we generally agree that we would buy more items if they were available at reasonable, single purchase prices.

I've forked out the $200 for the founders pack and then another $150 (successfully) going after the nightmare mount. I'm not shelling out another cent and that's INCLUDING potentially taking a pass on the expansion pack purchases, until PWE changes their practices - regardless of what carrot is dangled in front of my nose.

If everyone else holds onto their money and stops chasing the dragon, things have to change. Or we get tired of being unappreciated and leave for another choice in an ever increasing ocean of MMOs.

United we stand, folks.
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Whoa, PWE saw you suckers coming a mile away. Put something shiney in a rng lock box and morons rush to buy it. At this rate they'll never change and keep putting out these boxes.:(
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • ladykilliyaladykilliya Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So it's a money making scheme? Now it makes sense why I had 49 Nightmare Lockboxes before I hit level 30 and never found a key for them...:) kinda felt like I was starving and in a room filled with canned goods and there is a person behind a steel locked door selling can openers...
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It seems all the major F2P and some sub/b2p do have lockboxes. Whoever thought of adding more RNG to RNG was genius....
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • ehndehnd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So it's a money making scheme? Now it makes sense why I had 49 Nightmare Lockboxes before I hit level 30 and never found a key for them...:) kinda felt like I was starving and in a room filled with canned goods and there is a person behind a steel locked door selling can openers...

lol, more like selling single use can openers.
  • pfft2pfft2 Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    fmstalker wrote: »

So, you're luck sucks.

Sacrificing a goat works too.
  • rustedheartzrustedheartz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's a form of gambling for sure. But I am not investing another cent into the game a company doesn't give any care for.
  • mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    WHOA. Holy ****. This is exactly gambling and I know underage people play but I never realized PWE is subjecting kids to gambling. Oh my... PWE I hope you have some good lawyers, it isn't going to be me, but my god all it takes is one pissed off parent who's kid gets a hold of a credit card.

PWE, I hope you realize this is some pretty evil stuff.

Generic Argument #1: You can always win something that equals the price of the box or more(prices as dictated by the company).
    Generic Argument #2: When you buy their points, they still own both your points and your account. You're basically paying them to play with their points. How you spend those points is entirely up to you.

They can't be taken to court for it.

What's interesting is that this subject seems completely foreign to some of the people posting. They're acting like this isn't exactly the same as almost every single MMO that's been released in the past number of years. Like they haven't heard of people spending hundreds of dollars on gamble boxes to get nothing valuable, only to try it themselves and fail just as hard.
    edited July 2013
    It's a form of gambling for sure. But I am not investing another cent into the game a company doesn't give any care for.

Ya, look at games like Guild Wars 2 or Rift that are both based on non-exploitative F2P models. They both have very frequent updates and their Devs listen to their players. It seems obvious to me that they sincerely appreciate the people that keep them in business. It makes me seriously wonder if it's even worth sticking around if we're in for years of cash grab after cash grab. I hear even Star Wars old Republic is way better after its slow start now that they went F2P and have an expansion under their belts.

It may be time to look up an MMO that appreciates it's players - someone who actually deserves our business. So Cya Neverwinter. It is ultimately my fault that you got a wad of cash from me but it still isn't cool that you stood there encouraging the people that support you to keep blindly paying.
  • torskaldrtorskaldr Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I bought 4 crafting packs and was not really impressed with the extras. I did the same in STO during a similar promotion and it felt useful in every pack, plus the DOff packs there feel more rewarding in general anyway.

I want to feel like I am getting a good value when I spend money here and I'm not feeling that value. When I spend money in Rift, Tera, and GW2 I feel like I get something. The $60 founder pack was an okay deal and I'm glad I got that. Everything after that not so much.