test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Suggestion] Change all gear to BoA

the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
It's been an uphill struggle for altaholics for some reason the newest of games that come out every year forget we're here and that we are the driving force for their income. We buy storage, mounts, cosmetics, xp boosts etc.

Yet we're continually denied the ability to arm well our characters from reputation gear, crafting gear (that we spent the time to level), etc.

Why is it that all rep/crafting gear is not BoA? Why is it that over the span of three games you haven't listened to your playerbase when we've requested time and time again the need for rep/crafted gear to be BoA?

Who do we contact directly to get this heard? PWE? I'd like to know because it's really amazing to me that devs of all three titles call themselves gamers but don't understand this basic system and why it should be in every game. This isn't a sub based billing system, so there's no need to use the subscription only methods of keeping people logged in for as long as physically possible.

Please make rep/crafted gear BoA.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    /signed Great idea.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    BoA = account bound? I'm still learning MMO lingo.

In this case, it wouldn't work unless a shared bank is implemented or mail is tweaked to allow sending of account-bound items to your general mailbox or others characters.

That said, if this were implemented, it seems viable. I really wanted to make a dedicated PvP character who could send items to the ones I don't want to play in PvP because of the too-much-experience issue. Item binding really messes up that plan.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    Yep once it become BoA it would allow for items to be mailed until they finally implement an account bank.

That's the whole point. On STO their sister game the same issue exists. We have reputation items and Fleet (guild) items that are BoP which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever if any of these people have ever known an altaholic or been one or even played an mmo they would know that this is essential to any mmo in which they are selling extra character slots, xp boosts, bag space etc because it helps players build new characters quickly once they've reached the max end of everything on their first character.

I'm just astonished none of the devs have thought about this problem in either game title and I'd really like to know how PWE feels about it because I don't think they know that this is such a problem.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As an altoholic BoA items would be great ;)
  • Options
    zaodunzaodun Member Posts: 39
    edited July 2013
    You can't mail account-bound things right now. I tried it, doesn't work.
  • Options
    infernal667infernal667 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Why is it that over the span of three games you haven't listened to your playerbase when we've requested time and time again the need for rep/crafted gear to be BoA?

Because over a span of three games said playerbase still keeps on playing and paying. Why should they change if you keep paying? In most cases companies only change when extreme profit losses are incoming.