test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Combined TR "Nerf" Threads (Closed)

arakno357arakno357 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Thieves' Den
I am a fully geared TR and i don't have any problems with upcoming nerfs for a few reasons...

1st. PvP is broken by itself, not just TR...
2nd. Good luck to new ppl getting gear when there is noone to solo dps a boss since you need 3-4 ppl kiting the adds.
3rd. Not 2 weeks will go by after this nerf comes live and you will all QQ "bring us back the TR"

Solution that was thought to improve PvP balance is not done by nerfing classes, its making pvp gear for pvp...

Like many other games PvP gear has special stats which are usefull only for PvP and ppl w/o them are useless...

You will all see where prices of CN items suddenly quadruple in price just because you cant farm them anymore :)

GG Cryptic
Post edited by arakno357 on

Comments

• destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    arakno357 wrote: »
    I am a fully geared TR and i don't have any problems with upcoming nerfs for a few reasons...

1st. PvP at Level 60 is broken by itself, not just TR...
    2nd. Good luck to new ppl getting gear when there is noone to solo dps a boss since you need 3-4 ppl kiting the adds.
    3rd. Not 2 weeks will go by after this nerf comes live and you will all QQ "bring us back the TR"

Solution that was thought to improve PvP balance is not done by nerfing classes, its making pvp gear for pvp...

Like many other games PvP gear has special stats which are usefull only for PvP and ppl w/o them are useless...

You will all see where prices of CN items suddenly quadruple in price just because you cant farm them anymore :)

GG Cryptic

Fixed number 1 for you.

not to mention the literal hell leveling rogues will go through.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    TBH once the ranger or Warlock come out TRs are likely to be irrelevant anyway. Why bother with a melee DPS when you can have a ranged one with much better survivability and damage up-time on mobs.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    TBH once the ranger or Warlock come out TRs are likely to be irrelevant anyway. Why bother with a melee DPS when you can have a ranged one with much better survivability and damage up-time on mobs.

With the ten character limit in mind, I'd simply like to say.. "when".
  • berelhawdosberelhawdos Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    When you do the math they reduced the bonus dmg on lurker by ~90%. Not sure why they did that when they also reduced the blades on Cloud of steel from 12 to 8. Wasn't that enough of a nerf for the PvP side of the game?
  • raddatackraddatack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Yes do please give us a release date for that content. Because it most be coming super soon.
    search%3Fq%3Ddungeons%2Band%2Bdragons%2Blogo%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=dungeons+and+dragons+logo&usg=__h0EtYmMBvby3i0RqIk3wKubdfTU=&docid=2eAJThLCmGZbCM&sa=X&ei=35r_Uac9ldzgA9fsgJgJ&ved=0CC4Q9QEwAA&dur=295
  • ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Because TR is a very fun class to play? Because DPS isn't everything that counts? Because some of us prefer the up close and personal route, rather than the hide in the corner route? Because warlocks probably won't be able to disarm traps? (really useful in solo instances, and in group-instances if people cared about not getting hurt by traps). Not sure if the ranger can, but it wouldn't surprise me if they can't. And did I mention how awesome the TR looks? And how boring spellcasters are? Plus, who could possibly want to play a ranger without a pet?

Not to mention you obviously haven't learned a thing about the TR-nerfing they are doing. Do you really think they are ruining the class on purpose? Far from it, they are improving it. Just like they will keep improving it and all the other classes, even (maybe especially) after the ranger and warlock is out. Personally, I don't even like companions, and never, ever play pet-classes in MMOs. So yeah, why would anyone still play the boring TR? ;)
  • teirstteirst Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

GG Cryptic

I highly doubt the items in CN will go up

My guild has been farming CN without a rogue for weeks, the draco takes a couple minutes longer to kill but the trash (the couple of parts that you actually have to kill) dies MUCH faster. It is basically a wash....we still do 35 minute clears either way
  • shrewguyshrewguy Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'd like to ask the actual game developers, what was there reason behind the TR nerfs, why exactly were these abilities hit? It may help people to stomach the kick in the face we are getting if you could at least explain the thought process and justification to it.

CoS nerf I can sort of see, 12 charges was a bit much in PvP, and in PvE you only really use CoS when avoiding red circles, you didn't usually burn all 12 anyway, so that's ok I guess...

DF, it seemed a bit fiddly and awkward, this should hopefully make DF more consistent, rather than intentionally letting stacks drop if its not a crit, etc.

Speed Swindle? This seemss more like a bug fix, but from the sounds of it, It means my at-wills are now going to heal GFs when I attack them. THANKS FOR THAT!!

the stealth nerf? seriously? there's a drastic domino effect going to happen here, gear like skulkers has just been nerfed, so have the feats to give you more stealth bar. It has completely destroyed the saboteur spec. This is an awefull idea.. and I can't understand why it would even be considered.

Lurker's assault ... Now this one I just can't understand... if they nerfed the 60% down to 40, sure, I'd see where they were coming from, but 15% crit severity? That's completely worthless. on a daily that lasts a few seconds, and can be interrupted by CC.. not to mention that Path of blades doesn't even crit, Lurkers assault 60% damage was the only thing that kept path of blades a viable choice. Now they have 0 synergy together...

Anyway, if a developer could at least explain the reason as to WHY these changes are being made, it would be appreciated...
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Ton of other post I commented on the reason its simple. Rogues are best at everything in this game and are bugged with perma stealth to boot. These adjustments just fixes the class. They aren't nerfs more like adjustments that can only make this game better. Perma stealth had to go and well who really know's how the lurkers adjustment will go. All the adjustments were needed though and that can't be argued with.
    edited July 2013

GG Cryptic

Hmmm I am certain that I will never ask for the Rogue to be broken again and these adjustments will only help the future of this game become better. Great moves like this will keep me playing and others might come back and enjoy the game. This makes the future look a lot better that they took a solid look at what was broke and are trying to fix it.
  • faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    shrewguy wrote: »
    I'd like to ask the actual game developers, what was there reason behind the TR nerfs, why exactly were these abilities hit? It may help people to stomach the kick in the face we are getting if you could at least explain the thought process and justification to it.

CoS nerf I can sort of see, 12 charges was a bit much in PvP, and in PvE you only really use CoS when avoiding red circles, you didn't usually burn all 12 anyway, so that's ok I guess...

DF, it seemed a bit fiddly and awkward, this should hopefully make DF more consistent, rather than intentionally letting stacks drop if its not a crit, etc.

Speed Swindle? This seemss more like a bug fix, but from the sounds of it, It means my at-wills are now going to heal GFs when I attack them. THANKS FOR THAT!!

the stealth nerf? seriously? there's a drastic domino effect going to happen here, gear like skulkers has just been nerfed, so have the feats to give you more stealth bar. It has completely destroyed the saboteur spec. This is an awefull idea.. and I can't understand why it would even be considered.

Lurker's assault ... Now this one I just can't understand... if they nerfed the 60% down to 40, sure, I'd see where they were coming from, but 15% crit severity? That's completely worthless. on a daily that lasts a few seconds, and can be interrupted by CC.. not to mention that Path of blades doesn't even crit, Lurkers assault 60% damage was the only thing that kept path of blades a viable choice. Now they have 0 synergy together...

Anyway, if a developer could at least explain the reason as to WHY these changes are being made, it would be appreciated...

The stealth nerf and the lurker's assault nerf are probably the worst ones. The rest I could live with but not those.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

GG Cryptic

How is everything going today?
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • dantteidanttei Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 34
    edited July 2013
    Again abombination is on another thread spreading his taint about his uneducated, biased nonsensical BS. We are not the 'best' at everything - just you saying that shows you're a nub and have little to no knowledge of this class. Don't go around the TR threads saying this nerf was the best way to solve the perma-stealth builds because its not. Fact.
    edited July 2013
    danttei wrote: »
    Again abombination is on another thread spreading his taint about his uneducated, biased nonsensical BS. We are not the 'best' at everything - just you saying that shows you're a nub and have little to no knowledge of this class. Don't go around the TR threads saying this nerf was the best way to solve the perma-stealth builds because its not. Fact.

Then your suggestions can be taken on how to fix the broken class ? Many players feel the same and feel great that now they won't be broken and insane as much so its for the better good of the game. So what do you suggest leave it broke or try and fix it ? Suggestions I would like to hear them.
    edited July 2013
    Ton of other post I commented on the reason its simple. Rogues are best at everything in this game and are bugged with perma stealth to boot. These adjustments just fixes the class. They aren't nerfs more like adjustments that can only make this game better. Perma stealth had to go and well who really know's how the lurkers adjustment will go. All the adjustments were needed though and that can't be argued with.

No, they are outright nerfs. They make the class weaker. And no, rogues are not the best at everything in the game, they have terribad AoE damage, and the worse CC out of all classes, They also have very limited ranged capabilities and not much durability. They also can't heal.

Perma-stealth I can see may have been an issue, It was a bit of a toxic thing, and I don't like using that term. But it was no fun to deal with and no fun having one on your team. They would either be countered, and were worthless, or they couldn't be countered and you were defenceless. But that could have been resolved by hitting bait and switch or shadow strike. Not by destroying the entire class's core mechanic. This nerf affects ALL rogues, not just the perma-stealth build.

Are you telling me that I get my character ruined as backlash to other people's perma-stealth build being a problem? that hardly seems like a good way to balance the game.
    The stealth nerf and the lurker's assault nerf are probably the worst ones. The rest I could live with but not those.

Agreed. I built my TR around path of blades, focusing on utility and power over crit stats. The thing that kept it viable was the nice synergy with path of blades and lurkers assult. That's now been destroyed. Path of blades doesn't crit.

I also invested in the sabatour path, which has been made redundant. what's the point in doing more damage and gaining APs faster while stealthed if doing damage takes me out of stealth?
  • kentuckyfriedfookentuckyfriedfoo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Then your suggestions can be taken on how to fix the broken class ? Many players feel the same and feel great that now they won't be broken and insane as much so its for the better good of the game. So what do you suggest leave it broke or try and fix it ? Suggestions I would like to hear them.

This is a broken way to fix a broken mechanic, in the end, it doesn't solve the broken issue at hand and destroys the role of the class in pve. Pvp balancing that destroys PVE in a a DnD based game is broken by itself. Quit whining about the times you died to a rogue in pvp, after this, it would be silly for a rogue to kill anyone considering how easy it is to CC one that is in plain sight 90% of the time. Competent pvpers had no trouble with rogues, the broken aspects of the class were not fixed and instead ruined the role of the entire class in pve.
  • honoraryorangehonoraryorange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The title of this thread is hilarious.
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    TR were obviously OP, what is so hard to understand? Cleric circle stacking was OP and was nerfed and DC cried about it the same as TRs are now.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited July 2013

GG Cryptic

sometimes i do dungeons without a rogue in the group. So why would the nerf to TR damage effect pve much? perhaps spider but then again thats probably still doable with the nerfed damage.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • ragno555ragno555 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hmmm I am certain that I will never ask for the Rogue to be broken again and these adjustments will only help the future of this game become better. Great moves like this will keep me playing and others might come back and enjoy the game. This makes the future look a lot better that they took a solid look at what was broke and are trying to fix it.

There will still be rogues that are able to 1/2shot you, even after this nerf (with the right buold/gear/playstyle). I hope you know that, otherwise you'll have a big bad surprise. Just an advice.
    Lemmy, lvl 60 TR, Dragon server
    edited July 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    TR were obviously OP, what is so hard to understand? Cleric circle stacking was OP and was nerfed and DC cried about it the same as TRs are now.

No they arn't. GWFs are what's dominating PvP at the moment. Not rogues.
  • faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I also invested in the sabatour path, which has been made redundant. what's the point in doing more damage and gaining APs faster while stealthed if doing damage takes me out of stealth?

As did I. I mean I could understand this if stealth didn't drain when you did nothing but it does so at wills depleting stealth is very bad. Also if is a direct nerf to the feat that can give you 10% of your stealth meter on hit with glooming cut. I wonder now it is a net gain or a net loss on the preview shard?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • psykopath32psykopath32 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I 1-2 shot people all the time with skills they aren't even nerfing. I think its funny how people call for nerfs of a class that can be out dps'd by a GF a GWF a CW(if they are played well) even with LA up most of a boss fight. Granted that's all mostly aoe dmg which TRs get very little of but they are trying to take away the ability for TRs to be viable in PVE in the only role they do well, single target dps.

This nerf will have little to no effect on pvp with the exception of CoS and that has a huge cool down for an "At-Will" ability 3 seconds CD per dagger 3x12 36 seconds for a full flurry. How many other classes in the game have a cool down of more than 20 seconds on any skill. Let alone an At-Will.
    edited July 2013
    Ok, let me just put this Lurkers assault change into perspective...

During the duration Lurkers, I can get 20 hits of sly flourish. Lets say it does 1500 damage per hit. 20 x 1500 = 30,000 damage base value.

now, current LA will add 60% damage, so that's 18,000 extra damage. Which is a very nice boost. totalling damage at 48,000

New lurkeres will give me 15 % crit severity.. lets be generous and say I have 50% crit, for easy adding up. so half of my hits crit. 10 crits, 15% severity ads an extra 225 damage to the crits.. so.. that's 2250 more damage... So basically, I used a daily to do a single at-wills worth of extra damage over 5 seconds.

So, from 18,000 bonus damage, down to 2,250 bonus damage...

Now, this was a very simplified calculation, I ignored cirts in the first part which would have made the 18,000 a LOT higher and am missing out a lot of intricate details, but the point still stands. Really, Why would anyone use a daily on 15% crit severity for 5 seconds, that can be interrupted? That's comparable to a class features, nevermind a **** daily!!

Edit: Why is that word censored in a game that has a whole area about hell and devils.. in fact one of the bosses is even called "Shepherd of the Damned"

Edit 2: Apparently adding past tense to the word makes it acceptable enough to not be censored.. wtf?
  • ghostravynghostravyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 59
    edited July 2013
    I 1-2 shot people all the time with skills they aren't even nerfing. I think its funny how people call for nerfs of a class that can be out dps'd by a GF a GWF a CW(if they are played well) even with LA up most of a boss fight. Granted that's all mostly aoe dmg which TRs get very little of but they are trying to take away the ability for TRs to be viable in PVE in the only role they do well, single target dps.

This nerf will have little to no effect on pvp with the exception of CoS and that has a huge cool down for an "At-Will" ability 3 seconds CD per dagger 3x12 36 seconds for a full flurry. How many other classes in the game have a cool down of more than 20 seconds on any skill. Let alone an At-Will.
    Play cleric prime. How many other classes have a PENALTY as a "class feature"? I apologize, but I can't feel sorry for you.
    Corrupted Souls, Mindflayer server
    uKc2R.gif
  • kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Well if this goes live I am done with PW and Cryptic. This was my last F2P/Greed model game I was going to play anyway, I don't even have a perma-stealth rogue and I didn't spend hours on end playing and refining my rogue to get nerfed in to the ground yet again. SO now our two highest daily powers are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> now. Stealth and ranged both got nerfed in the ground too.

Its not just one nerf, its 4 major nerfs, on the 3 massive nerfs they received previously.

I WAS planning on buying the expansion pack, but if this goes live, I am not giving them another god **** red cent. No people cant have my stuff either, that means supporting a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> game with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> support and stupid *** devs. They buffed the biggest whining class in game, don't even bother touching the other 2 classes that have too much power with nerfs, seriously?

Yuppers and they know I have given them money so they can just keep their whiners who probably don't even give them money.
  • kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Well if this goes live I am done with PW and Cryptic. This was my last F2P/Greed model game I was going to play anyway, I don't even have a perma-stealth rogue and I didn't spend hours on end playing and refining my rogue to get nerfed in to the ground yet again. SO now our two highest daily powers are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> now. Stealth and ranged both got nerfed in the ground too.

Its not just one nerf, its 4 major nerfs, on the 3 massive nerfs they received previously.

I WAS planning on buying the expansion pack, but if this goes live, I am not giving them another god **** red cent. No people cant have my stuff either, that means supporting a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> game with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> support and stupid *** devs. They buffed the biggest whining class in game, don't even bother touching the other 2 classes that have too much power with nerfs, seriously?

Yuppers and they know I have given them money so they can just keep their whiners who probably don't even give them money.
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

I agree that PvP is broken by itself, but TR perma-stealth was broken as well so I agree that the nerf was necessary. Also the price of gear has been coming down not going up as the value of AD has been increasing which can be measured by the Zen to AD exchange rate.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • llclickllllclickll Banned Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »

You're another biased scrub CW who has been spamming these forums non-stop with your QQ nerf posts the past few weeks and months. You have no clue wtf you're talking about and you're just like that GF scrub abomination who's been gloating and spamming every Rogue thread now because your incessant whining worked.

Don't even try to compare the Rogue nerfs to any other nerf in this game, including the Cleric ones. No other class including Clerics have had the VALUES of their skills completely gutted like Rogues have... TWICE. No other class have had 2 of their main Dailies completely destroyed. No other class has had their main class feature completely ruined like the Rogues are about to experience.

If you want to compare the previous huge Rogue nerf along with this upcoming one to Cleric nerfs, it would be like Hallowed Ground and Divine Armor both being nerfed to the ground with their damage resistance taken away, replaced with +15% to healing instead. If Clerics were to have their Divinity gain and AP gain nerfed by 50%, then it might come close to the Rogue nerfs. If Clerics' healing of all of their Encounters were nerfed by 25%, then it might come close to what Cryptic is trying to do with Rogues.

I could do this all day with other examples of other classes. Again, no other class has had their main class feature gutted. No other class has had 2 of their primary Dailies destroyed. No other class has had the values of their skill decreased by such a drastic amount like the Rogue has and will be.

These insanely heavy-handed nerfs are exclusive to Rogues and this will be the second time Cryptic is going to gut Rogues. PvE Rogues won't be able to recover this time, however. Cryptic devs have no clue what they're doing with this game.
    edited July 2013
    No they arn't. GWFs are what's dominating PvP at the moment. Not rogues.

Lawl... Lol..ahahaahahahaahahahaaha. No. what game you playing lol. Rogues dominate and are broken on every lvl. They can 1 shot gwf before they even cast unstoppable.
This discussion has been closed.