test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Suggestion] Chicken Companion

xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I figured with all these new companions being added it was as good as time as any to suggest this.

I would love to be able to tame a chicken, I mean they're already in the game. I personally don't care if they run around and do nothing but make noises and lay eggs. However, they could be a 25% or 50% buff pet. Hell I think it would be hilarious if they were a striker like the dogs with a knockdown.

Yes, I am serious. I know some other people I play with would like to see this too.
Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
- JailBreak (in development)
Post edited by xelliz on

Comments

• Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That would be AWESOME.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've been saying in guild for some time that I want a duck.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    That would be AWESOME.

I know right? I mean you gotta have some comedy in games like this anyway...so this would be perfect IMO.
  • Options
    mytgroomytgroo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I would buy a riding rooster mount with spurs. A chicken companion would be fun too.
  • Options
    ifartedagainifartedagain Member Posts: 69
    edited July 2013
    With the heavy number of Orcs, trolls, devils, etc...your chicken won't last a day out there. Will be fried chicken before you even finish a dungeon run.
    I love the sweet aroma of my own flatulence. #DontJudgeMe.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Chickens can be ruthless.

Despicable Me 2 Proved this by creating this vile creature. I would want him on my side any day.
    1005600_10151487567672592_1200320694_n.jpg
  • Options
    bird1961bird1961 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They could have KFC sponsor chicken code giveaways.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Talking to friends about this again. The chicken could also be a rogue like char with some kind of daze or stun for which the animation could be a huge puff of chicken feathers.
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I could see a chicken as a striker or a tank (it taunts and dodges a lot?)
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    First, a Phorushacos to ride (Joust anyone?).
    Then a chicken companion who is a partial augment/partial healer. The trick would be that the healing decreases their ability to augment, since you're being helaed by enjoying some delicious chicken!
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    jimdenjimden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I do like another post about a Rooster Mount, I'd get one for sure.

Chickens and Ducks though don't have the reputation that Geese have for being Aggressive.

That would be my choice as a "Fowl" striker.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    extreme0extreme0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 37
    edited July 2013
    There has to be a Rare version of the chicken that's got Gold fur, with a gold aura around it and that it has the chance of producing a golden egg to sell at the market.
    Current Issues:

1. No option to have Hero of the North title on forum because option does not appear to exist in settings.

If these issues can be solved and I'm not online, then I thank you.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    extreme0 wrote: »
    There has to be a Rare version of the chicken that's got Gold fur, with a gold aura around it and that it has the chance of producing a golden egg to sell at the market.

Sure we can do that. So like a white or green quality and a purple quality that takes a lot of work to get.
  • Options
    arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Lol sounds like another augmented companion
    extreme0 wrote: »

That should be the level 30 re-skin of it
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • Options
    nikitaoznikitaoz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    You could also add "Worms" companion. A bunch of worm following toon around and chewing the victim to death. You can call them Salmonellas
  • Options
    sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Having once owned a coop of chickens, Rooster's are basically armor-plated and are some EVIL sons of cluckers. Hens are really nice and friendly.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Having once owned a coop of chickens, Rooster's are basically armor-plated and are some EVIL sons of cluckers. Hens are really nice and friendly.

Well you know, it can be a rooster, just think it would be fun to have a chicken companion.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    So just to post something moderately serious here, I think an armored rooster companion would be both entertaining and sad since I would rather think that no company doing any business in/with the US wants to have any association with cockfighting (for those who are unaware of have their minds in the gutters, this refers to people having roosters fight to the death for entertainment/gambling, often with spikes and spurs). Obviously this is a fantasy game and all of our characters are mass-murderers of other sentient beings because that is life in Faerun, but somethings are more likely than others to set people off in the direction of lawsuits.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    So just to post something moderately serious here, I think an armored rooster companion would be both entertaining and sad since I would rather think that no company doing any business in/with the US wants to have any association with cockfighting (for those who are unaware of have their minds in the gutters, this refers to people having roosters fight to the death for entertainment/gambling, often with spikes and spurs). Obviously this is a fantasy game and all of our characters are mass-murderers of other sentient beings because that is life in Faerun, but somethings are more likely than others to set people off in the direction of lawsuits.

10 years ago, I would have told you thats the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Unfortunately we don't live with the same mentality as we had 10 years ago and people are worse then they've ever been. While I personally don't care is someone is offended because I have a chicken for a companion that helps me (fighting or otherwise), I'm sure there is at least one group of people somewhere (PITA?) that would love to try to bring a lawsuit.

Either way, I still think we need a chicken companion...I mean we have a house cat as a companion.
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sorry , but there has been a serious shortage of digital chickens ever since players got ahold of them chicken cannons in Dungeon Siege . I think Warhammer attempted to cure this buy turning high level players into chickens in the lowbie zones . But we still have way too few digital chickens .
  • Options
    m1nuendm1nuend Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I thought the exact same thing when first observing chickens in Rothe Valley :3
    39275e2ac4.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    xelliz wrote: »
    10 years ago, I would have told you thats the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

It's still a rather ridiculous thing to think about, but since people seem to be more and more into abrogating personal responsibility it unfortunately has to be taken into account.
    Unfortunately we don't live with the same mentality as we had 10 years ago and people are worse then they've ever been. While I personally don't care is someone is offended because I have a chicken for a companion that helps me (fighting or otherwise), I'm sure there is at least one group of people somewhere (PITA?) that would love to try to bring a lawsuit.

Either way, I still think we need a chicken companion...I mean we have a house cat as a companion.

PETA is more than a little insane on the best of days, but I'd expect it from some random group of angry parents.
    More companions, more entertainment! :)

• Options
    crowthorncrowthorn Member Posts: 96
    edited July 2013
    I figured with all these new companions being added it was as good as time as any to suggest this.

I would love to be able to tame a chicken, I mean they're already in the game. I personally don't care if they run around and do nothing but make noises and lay eggs. However, they could be a 25% or 50% buff pet. Hell I think it would be hilarious if they were a striker like the dogs with a knockdown.

Yes, I am serious. I know some other people I play with would like to see this too.

I actually made a Quest a few months ago called "Bloodwood" and you are given a chicken companion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    PETA is more than a little insane on the best of days, but I'd expect it from some random group of angry parents.
    More companions, more entertainment! :)
    Skylanders has a bird-character that can lay eggs that hatches into babybirds. These then charge at the enemies and explode. So basically her main attack is sacrificing her own children. Just saying. :p
  • Options
    drewcheng41drewcheng41 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Best. suggestion. EVAR! She could have an egg launch move that would daze enemies :P
  • Options
    notmuchleftnotmuchleft Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    +5 Internetz for this idea!! :D
    Only two things in this life are infinite. The universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the former. ~ Albert Einstein
  • Options
    captfranciscaptfrancis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Now I'm going to have the Chocobo song stuck in my head all night.
  • Options
    n7nja982n7nja982 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    All in favor?
    *Raises hand*
  • Options
    daschernachtdaschernacht Member Posts: 100
    edited July 2013
    I'd like to see a "Dev" pet.

Main attack: Nerf Bat
    slot 1 equip: Pocket Protector
    slot 2 equip: Thick black glasses
    slot 3 equip: Keyboard with 101 "S" keys. <----post if you get this!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    crowthorn wrote: »
    I actually made a Quest a few months ago called "Bloodwood" and you are given a chicken companion.

YAY!! too bad its not permanent.