neverwinter kills my internet...

Comments

• lpsxlpsx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    April30-May31 same problem..
    after beta closed it stopped happing.
  • quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    I never had the problem at all for two months ish, but in the last patch (not the quick hotfix but patch before that) this started and its f'kn killing me.
    edited June 2013
    Game virtually unplayable.
    edited July 2013
    Still..F'n...happening...every...hour... fix...this... ****....
    edited July 2013
    ch80 wrote: »
    Wow...ok I can stream a youtube video play swtor and dota 2 all at the same time for hours on end and never have even a minor hiccup or disconnect and never have a temporary disconnect from the internet. THIS IS AN ISSUE WITH THE GAME!!! This game and only this game creates the issue, I don't have my **** router by my microwave jesus.... my router is always cool to the touch it's not overheating and the connection isn't dropped for 30 minutes or so it is literally like a 15-30 second disrupt in the internet connection. But again I need to stress that we are getting away from the issue at hand here. Many are having this real issue with the game and we need to stay focused on the fact that it is the game client and something wonky causing the server not to respond and temporarily confuse our system into believing the internet connectivity is lost. I have spoken to my ISP and had a tech come to the house. He told me that I have a top of the line router and modem and that the signal from the modem to the router is never lost during this issue. Which is why all other wireless devices in my house are not affected during the disconnect and temporary internet disruption on my machine. Im getting tired of not speaking with a dev or someone who knows a little more so I can actually have an intelligent conversation and discuss some of the underlying issues that may be at play here.

This guy says what I feel.

/brofist
    edited July 2013
    cherokeluv wrote: »
    Same for me. Actually thought it was my service but its only happening when on the game. Its resetting my modem. Don't know how to fix it. Its only issues I have with the game.
    Would love this to actually get addressed.
    edited July 2013
    wtb update on this pst
    edited July 2013
    ISP seems to think it is only the game, since it only happens when running the game, and once I am booted from in game chat and my inability to surf starts, it doesn't fix till I close the game. What the f'k do I gotta do to get some attention to this problem?
  • bloodevilynbloodevilyn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    OK I had to post this.

Every hour this game completely disconnects my net as well.

I keep ping running in background to check net issues and I thought it was ISP problem. Until I realised that the net isn't disconnecting at all when I am not playing Neverwinter.

Every hour or an hour and half this game disconnects my net completely for 2 mins, exactly enough time for the game to disconnect me. I have already died twice (and I was playing without dying for like 15 levels.. only died cause I get disconnected and game doesn't even bother moving my character out of harm way) because of this problem

So yeah, considering the length of this thread, I don't think this is getting fixed. Time to stop playing the game (thank god, cause I was about to spend money to actually buy some stuff tomorrow).
  • halejamhalejam Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Add another player experiencing this same <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Makes playing such a nightmare. Read every post in this thread and tried almost everything but still disconnecting like crazy. I also notice it's more frequent in the afternoon and evening. I seem to be able to play for long periods of time if I play in the AM.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Hamsters Cannae' Take It!
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited July 2013
    Great, this ****ing **** is back again.
    edited July 2013
    Fix this ****ing <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> already
    edited July 2013
    posting every time this happens till fixed. 5x so far within 3 hrs. Only closing down nw, waiting 30 sec, and opening again fixes it.
    edited July 2013
    again, during gg, within an hour of last time.
    edited July 2013
    So, once again.
  • r0y0r0y0 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I just started experiencing this around 6:15pm PST myself. My internet connection got HOSED. I reset the modem and it was fixed. Logged back in, played for about 2-5 minutes and lost connection AGAIN.

I thought it was crappy AT&T, but I've not dropped net for many, many months. I've also been playing NW religiously for the last several days and NEVER had this issue.

After the 4th or 5th disconnect (the modem actually recovers on its own after 5 min. or so), I regained my connection and did NOT load the game. Been stable ever since.

Neverwinter MOST DEFINITELY IS KILLING MY CONNECTION. I've never seen a game do that, and it frightens the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of me (just think of the malicious potential...).

Obviously the OP and multitudes of others are not alone.

I cannot play this game until this is resolved.
    Too many other family members use the internet to allow such bad application programing to somehow bring down the connection.

This last "update" really did suck all around. F'd up crafting, F'd up SORT button, F'd up internet connection. Triple win for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    yup, guess what just happened?
    edited July 2013
    OK, so I ran a Trace route and Cryptic's NetTest, and here are my results:
    TraceRT:
    -= TraceRT =-
    Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     2 ms     1 ms     1 ms  myRouter [internal IP]
      2     8 ms     8 ms     7 ms  adsl-75-15-119-254.dsl.snlo01.sbcglobal.net [75.15.119.254]
      3     8 ms     8 ms     7 ms  dist2-vlan62.snloca.sbcglobal.net [64.166.172.66]
      4     8 ms     7 ms     7 ms  151.164.101.41
      5    13 ms    12 ms    12 ms  ggr4.cgcil.ip.att.net [12.122.86.121]
      6    56 ms    58 ms    58 ms  be3000.ccr21.sjc03.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.11.45]
      7    58 ms    57 ms    56 ms  be2000.ccr21.sjc01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.6.105]
      8    58 ms    52 ms    51 ms  te0-3-0-5.mpd22.sfo01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.86.189]
      9    99 ms    95 ms    96 ms  te0-4-0-6.mpd22.mci01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.45.89]
     10   108 ms   107 ms   104 ms  te0-5-0-4.mpd22.ord01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.45.158]
     11    91 ms    90 ms    90 ms  te0-2-0-5.ccr21.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.43.198]
     12    90 ms    90 ms    89 ms  te3-2.ccr01.bos06.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.46.130]
     13   129 ms   107 ms    90 ms  38.111.40.114
     14    91 ms    90 ms    91 ms  208.95.185.41

Trace complete.

NetTest:
    -= Cryptic NetTest =-
    contacting nettest server..
    Local IP: 75.15.<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
    Ping: 86.1 msec
    Port:     80:     187 KB/sec     10 KB/sec    219 KB/sec 500
    Port:     80:     199 KB/sec     10 KB/sec    235 KB/sec 500
    Port:    443:     196 KB/sec     11 KB/sec    232 KB/sec 500
    Port:    443:     179 KB/sec     10 KB/sec    211 KB/sec 500
    Port:   7255:     188 KB/sec     10 KB/sec    224 KB/sec 500
    Port:   7255:     187 KB/sec     10 KB/sec    222 KB/sec 500
    Port:   7003:     187 KB/sec     10 KB/sec    222 KB/sec 500
    Port:   7003:     184 KB/sec     10 KB/sec    218 KB/sec 500
    Port:   7202:     192 KB/sec     11 KB/sec    228 KB/sec 500
    Port:   7202:     189 KB/sec     10 KB/sec    221 KB/sec 500
    Port:   7499:     193 KB/sec     13 KB/sec    232 KB/sec 500
    Port:   7499:     197 KB/sec     11 KB/sec    234 KB/sec 500
    Port:     80:     186 KB/sec     10 KB/sec    222 KB/sec 500
    Idle NIC bandwidth  Send:     0 KB/sec   Recv:     1 KB/sec

I am NOT on Verizon FIOS, but maybe some of the above data can help someone put together the puzzle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • saltykittysaltykitty Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    same here we get 10 min or so sometimes less then we get booted from game and internet connection completely....also what the hell is up with the MASSIVE lag issues on Dragon Server?
    edited July 2013
    saltykitty wrote: »
    same here we get 10 min or so sometimes less then we get booted from game and internet connection completely....also what the hell is up with the MASSIVE lag issues on Dragon Server?
    Not sure the server (Dragon) has much to do with it. Happened to me on Beholder, so it's likely bigger than a single server's issue. I hope they fix it soon; NW is off limits in my house (my kids and I all played) until I hear it's resolved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    OK, so I wanted to see how long I could play before it killed my connection... I opened the launcher... almost finished typing my password when BAM! internet connection lost! Did not even get to fire up the game!

I did notice the launcher updated right before this all started happening, so I am placing the blame there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    recent patch brought this lovely bug back.
    edited July 2013
    again this morning. In gg, booted me from a winning pvp match
    edited July 2013
    and again during a DD
    edited July 2013
    Chat services undergoing maintenance, hopefully that is related.
    edited July 2013
    For any City of Heroes former players out there, think: TRAIN DOORS.

They just broke one day for no apparent reason, and never ever got fixed; it was, after all, just a small thing. Who cares, right?

I see many train doors in this game, and it's not even a month out of "beta" (most would argue it never comes out of beta). They do add up. But the formula is:
    IF cash/boxes/keys > train doors/upset players/bugs THEN profit!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    Still happening. Again this morning. I wonder what kind of stink we have to put up in order to get some real attention on this problem.
  • kerupi1kerupi1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think I have this problem after they've put up the previous patches of the game. It's basically the same problem as the TS mentioned. I don't know if this kind of solution works for you but I tweaked some of my wifi settings and did not get disconnected once today. Previously I was disconnecting like every 5 minutes or so.

Basic Setting:
    Mode: 802.11n
    Channel: 11

Security:
    Security: WPA2-PSK
    Encryption:TKIP

It sounds like a far fetch idea but maybe it works.
    edited July 2013
    21 pages of "help me" and all we have is a many months old promise to look into it.
This discussion has been closed.