test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please fix Bag Sorting button.. Its terrible to sort now by hand!!!

abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Another patch another great feature broke. The bag sorting was amazing and great to keep things organized. I farm a lot and I have 4 bags and now I got junk all over the place all the sorting button does now is move it around doesn't fill in the gaps and doesn't actually sort it in any manner. Got 2 bags of enchants and just moves them all over without sorting them. Sigh. Not to mention trying to go threw my professional bags I have no idea what is going on in there. Please emergency hot fix this. Its unbearable.
Post edited by abombination247 on

Comments

• morduumorduu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    + 1. Yes, please.
  • sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    If it ain't broke, break it. Also thank you for farming enchantments and fighting the monopoly on botters. *cough*
  • mchaywiremchaywire Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    +1 Very annoying bug
  • jellichojellicho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
    edited July 2013
    Doesn't involve the zen shop so its low priority expect a fix Q2 of 2014
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    It's not just bags, try sorting the guild roster, for example. Le facepalm, I would like to ask "how the hell did that get past QA?", but I know that it'd sound sarcastic.
  • kristingravekristingrave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, it's plain annoying. x - x I have to sort **** by hand now.
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
    Panda@kristingrave - CW - Dragon
    Death@healxyou - DC - Dragon
  • messiahgov0messiahgov0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, it's plain annoying. x - x I have to sort **** by hand now.

Yea, you really have to use your brain once again. So stop the Zombie-Mode and sort manually.
  • trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited July 2013
    change sort to reverse = fixed
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    jellicho wrote: »
    Doesn't involve the zen shop so its low priority expect a fix Q2 of 2014

No reason to buy bags if they don't sort.
    edited July 2013
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    It's not just bags, try sorting the guild roster, for example. Le facepalm, I would like to ask "how the hell did that get past QA?", but I know that it'd sound sarcastic.

OMG you are right noticed this in professions as well!!! I have a ton of adventurer, man of arms and some hero's. They are all scattered around trying to select them.
    edited July 2013
    Yea, you really have to use your brain once again. So stop the Zombie-Mode and sort manually.

I would like to play the game instead of spending a hour everyday sorting my bags and drinking coffee.
  • armenuaarmenua Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    +1 -- Please fix the bag sorting!
  • brendan03usbrendan03us Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's so they can add a "libram of sorting" to the Zen store, which you'll need to sort your bags.
  • valetudo78valetudo78 Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Its nice to see how their fixes break other things.
  • nymphhoardernymphhoarder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ahhh. Well tested again...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nick1sternnick1stern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 330 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Incredible the lazy incompetence
    Of Players.
    OMG I must think and sort my own bags.
    edited July 2013
    nick1stern wrote: »
    Incredible the lazy incompetence
    Of Players.
    OMG I must think and sort my own bags.

Bag sorting might be like 1 of the only features that was good in this game that stood out. Like ohh sweet they have bag sorting that's a plus. Now its broke with the rest of things that are broke. The lazy and incompetence isn't on the players its on the broken game that feels like its still in early Beta.
  • xaituxaitu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They are aware of the sorting bug I believe. An official response was here:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?408231-Inventory-sort-not-working
  • griz024griz024 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Good i hope they fix it soon.

Now my bags resemble my mailbox- an unorganized, bloated pile of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Btw, how long till the servers start to crash b/c every toon has 10000 letters in their mailbox? Im giving it another month or so :)
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    By the by, while bag sorting is still borken, it seems that guild roster sorting works again, go figure :)
  • nymphhoardernymphhoarder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Its just more that it figured it would have be found and fixed when the patch was tested is all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nick1sternnick1stern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 330 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Bag sorting might be like 1 of the only features that was good in this game that stood out. Like ohh sweet they have bag sorting that's a plus. Now its broke with the rest of things that are broke. The lazy and incompetence isn't on the players its on the broken game that feels like its still in early Beta.

If a bag sort feature was tho only thing you find good .....
    you are clearly playing the wrong game.
    It is a bug... Bugs happen....
    report it move on but do not toss hyperbole like a
    bag sort not working is game breaking.
    Sorting by hand takes all of five minutes tops a day
    if you are already reasonably organised.

I never use the auto sort it does not put things in the order I want.
    Hate having Runes and Enchants Mixed together.
    I like all Runes in order bu type and rank followed by enchants.
    Since I always keep it that way sorting new ones they auto stack
    new ones not already in the bag a simple drag and drop to the appropriate bag.

really if sorting bags is so difficult then an MMO is the wrong game to be playing.
  • brendan03usbrendan03us Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's not that sorting bags is difficult it's just that many of us find it tedious. It's great that you like your own custom sorting system -- good for you. Many of us find the autosort function in Cryptic games to be extremely useful, and it's annoying that it is currently broken. Is it game-breaking? No. But it's annoying. It's also annoying for someone to tell other people that they should not be annoyed by this simply because you don't use the system yourself.
    edited July 2013
    It's not that sorting bags is difficult it's just that many of us find it tedious. It's great that you like your own custom sorting system -- good for you. Many of us find the autosort function in Cryptic games to be extremely useful, and it's annoying that it is currently broken. Is it game-breaking? No. But it's annoying. It's also annoying for someone to tell other people that they should not be annoyed by this simply because you don't use the system yourself.

Be annoyed all you want but some are acting as if it is game breaking and the "Only" good thing about the game.
    I find that type of hyperbole more annoying.
    It is a bug a known bug keep bug reporting it and move on.
    edited July 2013
    If it's a system you don't personally use, you should not be in the conversation. Leave the conversation to people who actually use the system and are venting about the annoyance of it currently being broken. For people who are annoyed with the current bug to be lectured by people who don't even use the system that is bugged themselves is outrageously annoying.
    edited July 2013
    If it's a system you don't personally use, you should not be in the conversation. Leave the conversation to people who actually use the system and are venting about the annoyance of it currently being broken. For people who are annoyed with the current bug to be lectured by people who don't even use the system that is bugged themselves is outrageously annoying.

Oh so now you think You can tell others what to think and post on an open forum.
    You think only crybabies that agree with your Qing are allowed to post.
    Forums do not work that way. You may want to try a blog if you do not want
    oppinions differant from your own.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yes, manually sorting your main inventory is no big deal. However for resources and assets it's annoying as heck. Especially with the cheap assets in the AH lately I've bought a bunch but it's hard to easily see at a glance what's what when what I have is scattered all over in no discernible order. Is it a "game breaking" bug? No. It will get fixed and life will go on. But if you think that's "crybabies QQing" then you're just trolling.
  • balstromebalstrome Member Posts: 32
    edited July 2013
    The solution to the sort bug seems pretty easy. You go to your documentation, find the section that deals with sorting, get the copy that originally was working, compile and implement it back into the game code, restart servers, everyone happy. You know this is what you are going to have to do in the end, so why not just do it now.
  • mistressroxxymistressroxxy Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    please fix +1
    [SIGPIC]JFJrpuR.jpg[/sigpic]
    GWF Mistress Roxxy and DC Lady Valentine both @loverboyusa
  • studog2000studog2000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Agreed! The bag sorting was great... now it just shuffles stuff around and does not actually sort anything.