test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please tell me pvp gets better latter on with my poor DC?

2»

Comments

• Options
    ujavcadujavcad Member Posts: 48
    edited July 2013
    to OP

yes, it does!

I love my DC, it's lots of fun
    I'm lvl 50 and people hate me :D because i take too long to kill and take them off their mounts with dots, it so funny how they fall :))
    also the heals are pretty nice on other players, I brought back players when they almost died, countless times
    just don't expect to top on kills, you do however hit pretty hard and if that is what you want there is a glass cannon build which gives huge DPS
    soo.. I wish you good luck with your DC, I started mine when everyone was saying he is useless and I don't regret having him
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    my clerics are fun to, and they ruled in PvP below level 60 though they didn't get as many kills as others they did change the battlefield and could win 1v1 frequently ... level 60 is difficult but at 10,500 GS it plays about what it should and at over 11,000 GS I'm frequently topping the PvP points list and getting around 10 kills with around 3 deaths. My real contribution is how I turn the tide and control areas (the skills I slot have control effects... healing word is awesome but the -40% on self does hurt but since I spam healing word and kite constantly I can get myself up from nearly dead to full health more often than not while having my team bathed in healing tics)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    gtxinsane wrote: »
    That's why it's a like it or you don't kind of skill. I personally like it so much because I can do cutesy stuff like snipe off moving targets with a non-divine DL, or blasting TRs that are up close and personal with you (fire and dodge ftw) and sh*t like that. It's a good skill as long as you're confident/crazy enough to do stuff with it. Also, the chain immobilize is long enough to land daunting light provided you immediately cast it afterwards.

I'd definitely have it slotted in PvP if we had an extra encounter slot. I can't give up the control aspects of the skills I have already slotted but think I'd rather have a high damage hit over AS.
  • Options
    faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    gtxinsane wrote: »
    That's why it's a like it or you don't kind of skill. I personally like it so much because I can do cutesy stuff like snipe off moving targets with a non-divine DL, or blasting TRs that are up close and personal with you (fire and dodge ftw) and sh*t like that. It's a good skill as long as you're confident/crazy enough to do stuff with it. Also, the chain immobilize is long enough to land daunting light provided you immediately cast it afterwards.

or just always cast it in divine mode, for larger AoE and instant cast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I had a lot of fun with my cleric in lowbie PVP, however once I hit 60 and met people with double my gear score...not so much. Getting all the PVP gear with glory helped some but its still hard to make up for 4k GS difference and no enchants vs greater/perfect weapon enchants.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    hamjihamji Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have not done PvP once, not even once at 60 on my Cleric and I've been level 60 for two weeks. I know what is in store for me and I don't want it.

It is a shame they take away the Skirmish Dailies at level 60 since that only leaves Foundries and Dungeons. Two daily events for Clerics WooPeeeh!!!!

I have good gear too. If I focus on a target dummy I can burn it down but I've seen a Trickster Rogue detroy every single target dummy before a single one can respawn, he actually had to wait for them to respawn before he could destroy one again. A Cleric would need a gearscore of 50,000+ to do that.

In fact the last few days the only thing I've done with my Cleric is complain about it on the forums. I don't even bother logging into the game at all some days, what's the point? If I want to feel weak and pathetic, I can do that fine without making the effort to type my password into the login screen. I sure as heck don't need to put effort into making myself feel weak and pathetic. Logging into a game with a 60 Cleric on the account is a sure fire way to enter a spiral of depression which I just don't need. I play games to feel powerful and with a Cleric that ain't happening any time soon.

I was logging in at least to do the daily Invocation but I don't bother with that anymore either, why bother accumulating wealth in a game not worth playing.

Oh well, I can just keep checking the forums each day and hope that one of these days I will read an inspiring post filled with patch notes and refined Cleric feats motivating me to give it another chance.

I doubt it will happen though when a Cleric with full tier 1 can die to trash in Whispering Caverns while TR's solo epic Dungeons. The buffs it would take to get Clerics on par are NEVER going to happen.
  • Options
    gtxinsanegtxinsane Member Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    or just always cast it in divine mode, for larger AoE and instant cast.

Of course. That's always an option, but D.Daunting Light is only worth casting if there's a fleeing target, the target is exceptionally mobile (everything except for DCs/GFs) or you're on the move. With a plethora of slows, knockbacks, and stuns in a PvP it isn't hard to land the non-divine version. People are also suckers for DCs, it's easy to telegraph the movements of melee and you can basically cast Daunting Light on yourself and dash out of there.
    Gabriel Angelfire - Devoted Cleric // Karguk the Impaler - Great Weapon Fighter // Zephalyne - Control Wizard
    PVP: How to make your life less miserable as a Devoted Clerics -- Still in it's Unfinished Glory
    Dragon
  • Options
    baqqarabaqqara Member Posts: 41
    edited July 2013
    hamji wrote: »
    I have not done PvP once, not even once at 60 on my Cleric and I've been level 60 for two weeks. I know what is in store for me and I don't want it.

It is a shame they take away the Skirmish Dailies at level 60 since that only leaves Foundries and Dungeons. Two daily events for Clerics WooPeeeh!!!!

You know that you dont have to win pvp matches in order to finish your pvp daily? Complete 4 matches, not win them. Obviously not.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    baqqara wrote: »
    You know that you dont have to win pvp matches in order to finish your pvp daily? Complete 4 matches, not win them. Obviously not.

I like that I only have to finish 2 if my team wins and I finish with good points.
  • Options
    laudon1laudon1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tank clerics are good. add in tenebrous enchants and they're fine.
    Lemonade Stand.
    Dragon Guild
  • Options
    llclickllllclickll Banned Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    ^ Broken OP G.Tenebrous is the answer to everything Lemonade Stand does.

As for this topic, Clerics used to be kings of PvP, prior to the Astral Shield nerf. 2 Clerics were basically unkillable and a free win for the team that has them. Post-nerf, Clerics are only useful if they're with a premade group that actually kills/CCs focus fire off the Cleric so that the Cleric can heal, buff the team, and debuff the enemies. If you're with a competent group, a good Cleric is a major asset to the team and can easily help win every battle they're involved in.

In solo queue these days, Clerics have a tough time when they're in PUGs because any half-intelligent player always focuses down the Cleric first. Once you get CC locked and/or knocked out of Astral Shield, it's game over. I don't recommend solo queue as a Cleric at level 60. You're just asking for a bad experience if you do.
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    llclickll wrote: »
    ^ Broken OP G.Tenebrous is the answer to everything Lemonade Stand does.

Not sure how "broken" G. Tenebrous is if Cryptic/PWE has left it alone even after the balance patch. Seems to be working as intended...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Not sure "working as intended" and "broken" are necessarily mutually exclusive.

"gives horrendous advantage to owner but also provides large sums of revenue for cryptic/PWE" = broken and working as intended.
  • Options
    llclickllllclickll Banned Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    Not sure how "broken" G. Tenebrous is if Cryptic/PWE has left it alone even after the balance patch. Seems to be working as intended...

Cryptic has no clue how to balance Tenes. They've nerfed it several times already but it's still broken due to the fact that it procs all at once. It should be a DoT and have lower % damage relative to someone's HP. OR it should only be usable on Mainhand weapons and buff up the damage potential if they go that route.

6-7 G.Tenes is what all cheese specs use to efficiently kill their targets, while remaining tanky as f*ck. GF knockup/down/back 3-shot cheese relies on G.Tenes to do what they do. Sent. GWFs rely on G.Tenes to do what they do. Permastealth Rogues rely on G.Tenes to do what they do. The bottom line is, none of these cheese specs would be nearly as effective in killing their targets without stacking broken G.Tenes on themselves with high HP, Defense, and Regen.

Anyway, we're going off-topic here. The Tenebrous discussion has been on-going and talked about ad nauseum. Cryptic is either unable or unwilling to nerf them properly, so every cheese player will continue to abuse them.
  • Options
    hamjihamji Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    baqqara wrote: »

Well durr, not much chance I could have made it to 60 without knowing I don't have to win to complete the daily. What I do have to do is get violently abused by every single other person in there except other Clerics for a miniscule amount of AD that I could earn logged out watching TV by flipping just about any item on the AH.

I decided to give Clerics another chance tonight and downloaded the test server patch and tried just about every fun spec I could think of. Not a single one (bear in mind the key word here being "fun") was able to stave off copious wipes to trash level 59 mobs outside dungeons. I am willing to bet any other class could handle them easily at level 50.

Bottom line, Clerics are just not pleasant. Sure I could stack regen up the wazoo and spam Astral Shield like there is no tomorrow to survive a handful of non elite trash mobs but why in the world would I. It's like the devs are so terrified of heals that on the off chance you might want to play a class that can they will make **** sure that you pay for it, with your life, at every turn.

All of the Cleric Spells and Feats should deliver comparable rewards allowing me to pick a couple which will get the job done and run with that. What we have though is astonishing power differences between all the spells, to the point that most of them are just plain rubbish. I mean really, how hard are we meant to think it is to balance the Clerics Spells. I'm not even talking about balancing them with what the other classes have, I'm talking about balance among themselves. Look at the Damage/Heal difference between Guardian of the Faith and Hammer of Fate for example, thanks to an absolutely pitiful heal the damage output of GotF is pathetic and then on top of that there is an additional 40% reduction to the heals effect, what a joke. The truth is nobody has even bothered to try and balance the Devoted Clerics spells AT ALL.

If you are a Cleric in a Dungeon, the other four party members are your babysitters, you should thank them profusely if you get shiny Very Rare items you can wear for bringing you along and holding your hand so that you can have something with absolutely no real bearing on the outcomes of future battles. Greens or Purples the DC is still the same, a dead weight.

F*ck Clerics.

If you want to "balance" Clerics with other Classes try this, give TR's a -40% Crit chance debuff, CW's a -40% Recovery debuff, GF's a -40% Defence debuff and GWF's a -40% Power debuff then guess what? We would all be on the same playing field.

I should have quit playing the DC the moment I first saw Righteousness on my Character, I mean really, what an insult. The heals aren't even that good. Other classes get our heals and their potions, we just get the potions ON A COOLDOWN, as in, there is a limit to how much we can drink them.

Did I mention F*ck Clerics.

To answer the OP's question NO, NO, HELL NO nothing gets better, not PvP, not PvE the rift just keeps getting wider.

....Oh well, that's the aftermath of tonights go at the Cleric, clearly two days off wasn't enough, I should put the Cleric(aka Game) away for a week this time, maybe then I will lurv it again.

Oh I know, I could always stock up on Gloomwrought caches, roll a new Cleric and pretend I am the Master of the Universe for a while.
  • Options
    faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Honestly the class I play most in PvP is a cleric, but not a healing spec one. My healing spec one doesn't go near PvP.

My dps spec cleric on the other hand does PvP and frequently gets top kills, but she is definitely not a healer. She can heal her healing isn't that buffed, she doesn't even use cleanse. Also since class gear is so distinctive clerics are so easy to pick out I wear fashion gear in PvP so they don't realize right away that I'm a cleric.

Having said this I still die, alot... I feel squishier on my cleric in PvP with my higher armour class then my TR. Essentially once you get hit it's usually over for you. This really doesn't make so much sense for a class that wears chainmail :/

Not sure what the normal AC for a GWF at level 60 is, but my cleric has an AC of 21(25% DR with 1.9k protection) and my TR has an AC of 17 (18% DR with 2.3k protection). You would think that higher AC would make a difference, A cleric should have close to the amount of DR as a GWF since they wear similar armour. Right now it feels like my cleric is wearing cloth not chainmail.

EDIT:
    apparently the normal AC for a level 60 GWF is between 20-25 (and I hear full unstoppable give 50% bonus DR on top of whatever they get from their armour apparently somewhere around 25-30%) so not that much different from a cleric yet they are far more durable even before using unstoppable. Something is very wrong here with cleric defence.

If you don't change cleric defence take away our excuse of a class feature self heal debuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Honestly the class I play most in PvP is a cleric, but not a healing spec one. My healing spec one doesn't go near PvP.

My dps spec cleric on the other hand does PvP and frequently gets top kills, but she is definitely not a healer. She can heal her healing isn't that buffed, she doesn't even use cleanse. Also since class gear is so distinctive clerics are so easy to pick out I wear fashion gear in PvP so they don't realize right away that I'm a cleric.

Having said this I still die, alot... I feel squishier on my cleric in PvP with my higher armour class then my TR. Essentially once you get hit it's usually over for you. This really doesn't make so much sense for a class that wears chainmail :/

Not sure what the normal AC for a GWF at level 60 is, but my cleric has an AC of 21 and my TR has an AC of 17. You would think that higher AC would make a difference, A cleric should have close to the amount of DR as a GWF since they wear similar armour. Right now it feels like my cleric is wearing cloth not chainmail.

before clerics got nerfed in the patch, a non-stealthed rogue vs. a cleric of about equal equipment was a hard but fair fight for the cleric (most clerics would lose to the non-stealthed rogue)
  • Options
    maahkremuirsongmaahkremuirsong Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    hmmmmmmmmm clerics can own rogues(specially if non stealth build) and cws quite well, in most of my battles with rogues...... if the rogue cant kill me in 5secs after his dishes out his burst damage and doesnt run away, he will die.