test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please tell me pvp gets better latter on with my poor DC?

irk2013irk2013 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Temple
I am lvl 21 right now and pvp sucks.... I am the 1st one targeted I can't kill anyone without help... My healing is subpar and can't even BEGIN to keep up with the damage being dealt.

I feel like a wasted space on any pvp team, and hope it gets better for us later on. For if it doesn't one less DC for pvp as I will roll with one of the better classes.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    hierynomoushierynomous Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not really you will just get squished as the other classes will have far more abilities than they do now. Prepare you <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> as you will die without ever being able to pitifully heal yourself at a 40% penalty
  • Options
    tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It doesn't get better. In fact, you should be owning at these levels. The fact that you're struggling may indicate that the class is not for you.

You will not be the first one targetted if try hard enough to make yourself difficult to target. Stick with other people and use LoS when possible. Use chains to discourage other people from chasing you or to trap other people for your allies to kill. The only healing spells you should be using for PvP at these levels are Astral Seal and Healing Word. Divine Healing Word is your main heal spell. Sunburst won't do quite as much healing or damage yet so avoid using it. You should have no trouble out-healing 1 or 2 attackers if you kite. Use Soothing Light where necessary.
    Finally, spam auto-attacks and learn to aim your Daunting Light. Daunting Light is a real killer at these levels. Seriously, how are you struggling in PvP at these levels? Perhaps you're trying too hard to be healbot, in which case you're playing the class wrong. You can try to play a pure healbot past level 30 or so if you wish, otherwise you are supposed to be a nuker/healer.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Don't.Roll.Cleric.For.Pvp! Seriously.

That said, yes, it does improve a little bit at later levels because of Astral Shield or Divine Armor and you can gear yourself specifically for PvP while using all offensive spells and do better.

But the problem is that all the other classes, who are already good now, get a LOT better. So, in relative terms, you just become the worst class for PvP by a mile.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Then all Clerics should stop playing pvp and PVE until they fix us.. Trust me when no Clerics are rolling PVE because we want pvp fixed there will be an uproar and Cryptic will have to fix us.
  • Options
    tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not really. Ever tried fighting an organized team with a cleric? On top of having to worry about Ray of Enfeeblement, GWFs with Unstoppable, GFs with permastun and a rogue who can one shot you, you now have to worry about having to fight them all with 40% damage reduction and 30% more HP. That's because the Cleric just dropped Divine Armor on all of them and is now hiding behind the two fighters with non-Divinity Astral Shield up for even more damage resistance. Good luck trying to take mid.

In high level PvP your job is to make other classes better while trying to stay alive. Obviously, you will fail spectacularly and very often in pugs, but that's why all of us are looking for a good guild.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • Options
    macerukmaceruk Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There was 3 of us last night on one point facing a GWF, 2 clerics and a CW we couldn't kill him he just popped his temp heal thing went mad kept us busy got to low health popped it again and ran off got health came back repeat.

PvP is no good as a cleric, I only have 9.1gs though so maybe it gets better when you get decent gear. Good luck getting better gear if you do not have the AD for it though as T2 dungeons with 9.1gs in a pug is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> especially if there only low geared too.

I guess you need to find a guild as the above poster said.
  • Options
    najjanajja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sub 60, if played well, a cleric will kick some serious ***. Me and another cleric were 2v4 the other team, we couldnt kill them but they couldnt even put a dent in either of us. Once you reach 60 though its over, you're going to get 1 - 3 shot every single time you leave your spawn area. I've been crit for 136% of my HP before, 10k crits are pretty much constant.... it's just incredible that they bothered implementing a pvp system without ANY care for balancing the abilities. 100 to 0 in a CWs CC, 100 to 0 without the rogue leaving stealth. Least GWFs let you get in some hits before they cut you down...
  • Options
    vmlinuxvmlinux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The problem is most groups suck, and won't get around you so people can't easily target you. I can basically make my team gods if they will run around inbetween other players and myself.
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    irk2013 wrote: »
    I am lvl 21 right now and pvp sucks.... I am the 1st one targeted I can't kill anyone without help... My healing is subpar and can't even BEGIN to keep up with the damage being dealt.

I feel like a wasted space on any pvp team, and hope it gets better for us later on. For if it doesn't one less DC for pvp as I will roll with one of the better classes.

You are in your glory period as a DC in PvP right now. You will most likely never be as strong again in PvP as a cleric as you are at the lower levels. Around 40 your strength as a cleric in PvP starts noticeably dropping, at level 60 things are as bad as can be for the cleric in PvP.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    maceruk wrote: »
    There was 3 of us last night on one point facing a GWF, 2 clerics and a CW we couldn't kill him he just popped his temp heal thing went mad kept us busy got to low health popped it again and ran off got health came back repeat.

PvP is no good as a cleric, I only have 9.1gs though so maybe it gets better when you get decent gear. Good luck getting better gear if you do not have the AD for it though as T2 dungeons with 9.1gs in a pug is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> especially if there only low geared too.

clerics are supposed to heal, they are also given life steal on what should be their better equipment... they can't even heal themselves as well as a GWF does in a fight
  • Options
    tapp3rtapp3r Member Posts: 46
    edited July 2013
    Then all Clerics should stop playing pvp and PVE until they fix us.. Trust me when no Clerics are rolling PVE because we want pvp fixed there will be an uproar and Cryptic will have to fix us.

That's what I did. I'm no longer playing on my Cleric, I play on my GWF now - which is actually fun.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    maceruk wrote: »

WHY should I have to find a guild to be able to play my class in pvp when no other class has that disadvantage? I am just saying..
  • Options
    kumakichi77kumakichi77 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It sounds like other classes are just too powerful not so much that DC's are that weak.
  • Options
    chthonicmythoschthonicmythos Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0
    edited July 2013
    It sounds like other classes are just too powerful not so much that DC's are that weak.

That logic just gets everyone nerfed. Better the DC gets brought up to par and everyone's happy rather than everyone else getting nerfed and everyone is pissed off.
  • Options
    arshaddoxarshaddox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 37
    edited July 2013

Just stay calm....it will only get worse from here on. Cheers CLERIC ROCKS YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

It only get worse the higher level you go...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    gokkensgokkens Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    My advice is if you wan't to heal in PVP roll a GF or GWF there selfheal is much higher than the clerics and they can easily defend a point way better than a cleric

or if you want to do damage roll a rogue or CW because there damage is only like dobbel your healing and 3 times your damage!

Playing PVP as a cleric in level 60 is like a race to the top of a mountain with a waterfall! you have to climb at the side with the waterfall every drop of water hurts like boiling acid, everytime you get hit by 5 drops a family member of yours dies! if you do not make it to the top of this mountain that is 800 meters high in 3 mins a bomb on your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> goes off killing you! while your climbing ther are ofc machinegunners shooting at you constantly, if you get hit by them you die! and lastly if you touch one of the wrong stones on the mountain a mine goes off killing you! while the water is ofc filled with lazer shooting fish that can also travel in time to kill your grand grand grand parents!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    gokkens wrote: »
    My advice is if you wan't to heal in PVP roll a GF or GWF there selfheal is much higher than the clerics and they can easily defend a point way better than a cleric

or if you want to do damage roll a rogue or CW because there damage is only like dobbel your healing and 3 times your damage!

Playing PVP as a cleric in level 60 is like a race to the top of a mountain with a waterfall! you have to climb at the side with the waterfall every drop of water hurts like boiling acid, everytime you get hit by 5 drops a family member of yours dies! if you do not make it to the top of this mountain that is 800 meters high in 3 mins a bomb on your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> goes off killing you! while your climbing ther are ofc machinegunners shooting at you constantly, if you get hit by them you die! and lastly if you touch one of the wrong stones on the mountain a mine goes off killing you! while the water is ofc filled with lazer shooting fish that can also travel in time to kill your grand grand grand parents!

lol, some like a challenge
  • Options
    xiphenonxiphenon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    gokkens wrote: »

I fell from my chair while loughing. If it would be possible, I would use this as my sig :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    If you are a healing spec? no it's terrible. Even on my damage specced cleric it's kind of hard although wearing your peasants garb instead of your distinctive cleric gear helps a lot. They don't realize at first glance tat you are a cleric that way XD.

In all seriousness though you would think clerics were wearing cloth for all they have for defence.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    evilderprimus88evilderprimus88 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    If you are a healing spec? no it's terrible. Even on my damage specced cleric it's kind of hard although wearing your peasants garb instead of your distinctive cleric gear helps a lot. They don't realize at first glance tat you are a cleric that way XD.

In all seriousness though you would think clerics were wearing cloth for all they have for defence.

It's getting that bad? I'm lvl 31 and feel more or less comfortable in PvP, when all of my teammates aren't brain dead "hurr imma dps durr killz". Sometimes I'm the only one who sees that there is an opportunity to capture point, so I go there and capture it (selfishly leaving party behind without a healing, yes! selfish, horrible, bad newb cleric!). When angry enemy party appears, I can wait there for a few moments and "tank" them untill (and if) help arrives. Although damage mitigation could be better, considering that I'm wearing the best blues I could find (
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    It's getting that bad? I'm lvl 31 and feel more or less comfortable in PvP, when all of my teammates aren't brain dead "hurr imma dps durr killz". Sometimes I'm the only one who sees that there is an opportunity to capture point, so I go there and capture it (selfishly leaving party behind without a healing, yes! selfish, horrible, bad newb cleric!). When angry enemy party appears, I can wait there for a few moments and "tank" them untill (and if) help arrives. Although damage mitigation could be better, considering that I'm wearing the best blues I could find (

if your team doesn't go for the nodes you have to or else lose the match
  • Options
    faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

Honestly if feels like my cleric is wearing cloth, my TR and CW feel more durable then my cleric!! Yet my cleric is supposedly wearing chain mail....

Clerics are going to be natural target since they can heal. Clerics need to have a better armour class not much lower then that of a GWF. The GEF wear scale mail which would be a bit stronger then chain mail.

My level 60 TR has an armour class of 17
    my level 60 DC has an armour class of 21 yet feels way more squishy. Something very wrong with that picture...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gudgeonatorgudgeonator Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I feel the pain of my fellow DC's - healing word for y'all. I'm only a 58 - and have yet to experience the awesomely repeated tenebrousy plaguefired stunlock straight to the pants that is 60 pvp for clerics - but my experience with other toons tells me it's coming and coming hard (my 60 GF can generally facehug and chain bump the other team's DCs into non-voluntary redundancy - without all the OP enchants).

That said - my DC playing did become more enjoyable when I stopped trying to out DPS the other classes, concentrated on buffing the *team* (sometimes an oxymoron) to the extent possible, and started applying a few of the tricks I picked up on the forums. Like - picking linked spirit as a feat and switching to divine mode on a sunburst during the animation to proc it. Like hallowed ground with moontouched for a cap point that heals the team, with a normal astral shield as the sprinkles on top. Like dropping a normal healing word then a divine healing word straight after. Like making sure there's a heal ticking whenever possible - cause you will be repeatedly cc'd *just* when you feel like a health top up. Like - managing divinity so you have it when you need it - which a lot of the time means running *into* the pack to rip off a sunburst. Like - picking the right time to slide - although sometimes there's never a right time to slide, and you always have one too few slides. Like - astral seal spam everything. This is my fairly **** list of stuff that helped me out immensely. Any other obvious ones?

So not pro by any means - but there are things you can do to increase your utility, and I'm trying to pick those up incrementally. Of course - this is not a fun way to play at all if you are DPS oriented - you will hit like a fist full of soggy ramen apart from the occasional burst from a hammer of fate or whatever damage daily you slot. There are fun looking DPS specs (albeit highly geared ones) on these forums that look viable from the videos they post - but there's no way I even come close to the gear needed to make those worky.

Anyway - good luck. Hope we get some tinkering to make DC a bit more fun - there's no arguing with the level of disenchantment with this class from the people who play it.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    at just over 11,000 GS my clerics are able to continually top randomly joined PvP game lists on a regular basis, though most everyone states that what I choose to slot is bad... I get more kills than I'm killed and those that go for me typically wind up dead especially if they try chasing me around (I take many for long runs and for their troubles I typically get to step upon them).
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I just did a respec to see what I was missing out when it came to daunting light and divine glow. Daunting light does incredible damage and divine glow I simply didn't like to ever want to use it. I can see how daunting light may be an option to play with when slotting AS in PvE. In PvP though, trying to hit stuff with it absolutely blows. Daunting light in PvP didn't impress me. Though everyone hates my set up of sunburst, chains of light, and healing word I can totally dictate and change the course of battle with that combination. Sunburst blows others back and gets my team off of being ganked and its what I use to blow back rogues who are in the state of jump striking. Chains of light does less damage than daunting light but if I miss with it its still on the ground and will most likely be walked into by one if not several of the opposition thereby freezing them. I can toss it strategically on the ground to protect my back, I can toss it into the fray of battle to stun everyone my team is fighting, I can easily protect my team when its being charged and overwhelmed, a chains of light followed by a divine sunburst is awesome in terms of managing battles. I guess after playing with the more common slots that people in this forum swear is better than what I go with, I can honestly say my build is built for defense and controlling the playing field and that is why it typically allows me to always place first or second points wise despite not getting that great of kill numbers (though I do rack up around 10). It was also difficult for me to keep up divine power when using daunting light in PvP as you need to use it to widen its area of effect and its so easy to miss with it cause everyone is running around most of the time.
  • Options
    gtxinsanegtxinsane Member Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Daunting Light is more of a "You like it or you don't" kind of skill. I personally like it for the burst it provides (one of the best, if not the best encounter in the game for AoE burst). It allows you take out squishies very effectively if you land it, and that takes practice. It never leaves my bar if I see 2 or more TRs/CWs in a fight. It isn't as hard to land as people make out to be though, people tend to stand around auto-attacking, not to mention a single CC from a teammate almost guarantees a hit.
    Gabriel Angelfire - Devoted Cleric // Karguk the Impaler - Great Weapon Fighter // Zephalyne - Control Wizard
    PVP: How to make your life less miserable as a Devoted Clerics -- Still in it's Unfinished Glory
    Dragon
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    gtxinsane wrote: »
    Daunting Light is more of a "You like it or you don't" kind of skill. I personally like it for the burst it provides (one of the best, if not the best encounter in the game for AoE burst). It allows you take out squishies very effectively if you land it, and that takes practice. It never leaves my bar if I see 2 or more TRs/CWs in a fight. It isn't as hard to land as people make out to be though, people tend to stand around auto-attacking, not to mention a single CC from a teammate almost guarantees a hit.

if you kite its harder than hell to land even when they are standing still, its a good skill to use if you are slotting AS but isn't one I'd go with if you aren't
  • Options
    gtxinsanegtxinsane Member Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    That's why it's a like it or you don't kind of skill. I personally like it so much because I can do cutesy stuff like snipe off moving targets with a non-divine DL, or blasting TRs that are up close and personal with you (fire and dodge ftw) and sh*t like that. It's a good skill as long as you're confident/crazy enough to do stuff with it. Also, the chain immobilize is long enough to land daunting light provided you immediately cast it afterwards.
    Gabriel Angelfire - Devoted Cleric // Karguk the Impaler - Great Weapon Fighter // Zephalyne - Control Wizard
    PVP: How to make your life less miserable as a Devoted Clerics -- Still in it's Unfinished Glory
    Dragon
  • Options
    draemorindraemorin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 80
    edited July 2013
    PVP SUCKS AS A CLERIC NO MATTER WHAT LEVEL... and ESPECIALLY if engaging in 1v1's with Non-Cleric opponents.

I just spent hours PvP'ing against Guardians and I didn't even dent their health... well... perhaps a tiny bit... but they rolled right over me keeping me CC'd and such.

Cleric's in this game, at least for PvP, need to have their self-heal penalty (i.e. -40%) REMOVED in the PvP zone.