test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

unstoppable bug unstoppable bug unstoppable bug unstoppable bug

erikiki1erikiki1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 144 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I know theres a lot of threads already talking about this topic, but Im still gonna post a new one (who cares about forum ethics if devs not gonna read it anyways right?)

this game-breaking bug doesn't only happen in pvp but also in pve, i just lost a DD chest because of this
this is when you get controlled during your unstoppable animation, this bug has been reported a long time ago... I don't see any reason this doesn't go into priority instead of making the ZEN SHOP MORE FANCY

i hope this gets fixed soon otherwise gwf = great worthless fighter
Post edited by erikiki1 on

Comments

• chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited July 2013
    Well it's been reported but ... non-priority bug I guess.
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Perhaps it is a priority, but it is not so easy to fix?
  • timmbeertimmbeer Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    skalt112 wrote: »
    Perhaps it is a priority, but it is not so easy to fix?

I say, if this is really true, then the devs are just proving those players who claimed that the devs are not good enough, are really not good enough! Let's just hope such a nasty bug, together with the gazillions obvious bugs, can be iron out by COMPETENT game designers.

Unfortunately, unless the bug is exploitable, it will just be on the "To Do" list...
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    timmbeer wrote: »
    I say, if this is really true, then the devs are just proving those players who claimed that the devs are not good enough, are really not good enough! Let's just hope such a nasty bug, together with the gazillions obvious bugs, can be iron out by COMPETENT game designers.

Unfortunately, unless the bug is exploitable, it will just be on the "To Do" list...

Well if you know any kind of programming then you know that it isnt as easy as running a debug program and poof the bug is fixed.

But if you did know that then you should send your resume to Cryptic and show them how a real programmer works ;)
  • timmbeertimmbeer Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Well if you know any kind of programming then you know that it isnt as easy as running a debug program and poof the bug is fixed.

But if you did know that then you should send your resume to Cryptic and show them how a real programmer works ;)

Hey thanks for telling me the programming. Now go tell the OP and rest of the bug complainers about this, and see whether the forum can settle down.

And sorry, I have better places to send my resume to, then to send to a place where the devs always get hit in the face by black smelly poo. Why don't you try instead your own suggestion, instead.
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • domushdomush Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've had to fight boss fights without unstoppable because of this bug. It's absurd to have a toon which cannot use it's MAIN <censored> POWER. How is this not a critical bug? It's as critical as making a car which has no gas pedal!
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited July 2013
    The temporary fix for that bug atm is to log out of the game and log back in. Although this might not be an option sometimes. Yup don't expect any big bug to get fixed unless it's a major exploit. Heck the unstoppable / smoke bomb bug still hasn't been fixed and it's running 2 months now ?
  • derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    a 50% nerf to the unstoppable duration sounds good
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Um...posting "who cares about forum ethics" is likely to get your thread locked. Just saying. RoC isn't there for show. It's something that each and every poster consents to, completely and without condition, when they post.

Now, as to the topic at hand, some people have hit it on the head: Bug fixes aren't as easy as they might look. It's not as simple as "hey, someone reported a bug, let's just hit this big red 'Fix Everything Easy' button!!" The devs get tons of bug reports daily...and that's on top of testing and debugging content that's being worked on.

Most bugs are also prioritized. Simply because you (and by you, I mean an individual poster, not taken in aggregate) may think a bug is game-breaking doesn't necessarily make it so.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I see the problem. The unstoppable bug is unstoppable.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Please use an existing thread.
This discussion has been closed.