test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gateway keeps saying "New Computer" when I've registered 999999 times already

zaodunzaodun Member Posts: 39
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Can you people fix this bug? I am getting sick and tired of registering my computer over and over....
Post edited by zaodun on

Comments

• Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Then you will need to refrain from deleting the relevant cookies, oh monkey with a minature cymbal.
  • Options
    rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I have not deleted any cookies recently, and I have the same problem.
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, I never delete any cookies.

Any other stupid remarks?
  • Options
    andotacoandotaco Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You try running the program as "administrator" ? Right click on your shortcut or exe file and run as admin. Not sure if this will solve your problem, however it has solved similar issues with other games and programs.

Good luck in trying to solve the issue.
  • Options
    kenjioyamakenjioyama Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Do you have 3rd party cookies shut off? Are you hiding your IP address? Do you have only session cookies enabled? Just some of my idea's on why it's not saving that information.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    zaodun wrote: »
    Yeah, I never delete any cookies.

Any other stupid remarks?

You mean other than "over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over"? That seems to be stupid enough for both of us.
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    now-a-days many anti-spyware usually have "clean up" software where your cookies are deleted after x days for security reasons. Do you check your antivirus software to see if it is doing it?
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    urararaurarara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zaodun wrote: »
    Can you people fix this bug? I am getting sick and tired of registering my computer over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over....

just disable the game guard.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    urarara wrote: »

Ooo, how do I do this? Sounds like a solution... ty in advance.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    kenjioyama wrote: »
    Do you have 3rd party cookies shut off? Are you hiding your IP address? Do you have only session cookies enabled? Just some of my idea's on why it's not saving that information.

1. no
    2. no
    3. no

I should clarify, that it "keeps" the info for.... some period of time (a week or two?)... and then VIOLA! It fails to recognize me. I think the cookie that the gateway uses has an expiration date....
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    urarara wrote: »

I googled how to do this, and turned it off. Thanks for the advice, hope it works! (don't see why it wouldn't work, but you never know with PWE).
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    . . . . . Make sure you've checked to remember that computer. I wouldn't advise leaving Account Guard off as it protects your account from being accessed at unauthorized locations/devices. It is manageable at the following address: https://secure.crypticstudios.com/ - If you have any further issues, please contact Support (link up top the site).
This discussion has been closed.