test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tiger Mount Issues

nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 483 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
White tigers are a BAD THING. Why do people insist on marking them off as "better" than orange tigers?

They're inbred crossbreeds, destructive to conservation efforts, with less stamina and a shorter lifespans than their orange cousins. Every effort needs to be taken toward discouraging their breeding.

Tigers are gorgeous, powerful, noble animals. White tigers are what happens when you take what's good about tigers and twist it around for no other purpose than to entertain humans. So, no, Cryptic, I won't be buying your $35 genetically-damaged tiger mount.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I like my white tiger mount. He may be genetically damaged, but he's faster than any orange tiger.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    I like my white tiger mount. He may be genetically damaged, but he's faster than any orange tiger.

Which is my problem with the whole design.
  • Options
    soulwhispsoulwhisp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Orange tiger looks better, so this way people wanna buy the slow mount too and upgrade them with 2mil AD. Thats the only reason i can think of.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I'm having a hard time finding any articles about how white tigers are all inbred.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nikitaoznikitaoz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I like orange tigers. White look a bit lame. I am sorry. Looked at them in-game and still want an orange one.
    Maybe will end up buying a slower but more attractive (to me) mount.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I'm having a hard time finding any articles about how white tigers are all inbred.

http://bigcatrescue.org/abuse-issues/issues/white-tigers/

http://bigcatrescue.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/AZAbansBreedingWhiteTigersLions2011from2008.pdf

And that's just a quick search. The AZA has actually banned breeding them at member zoos.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I've noticed all these insults toward white tigers are identical to the insults toward white people I hear all the time. I think this is just an extreme case of racism towards people being directed unjustly toward an animal because of it's color. White tigers can be born from two orange tigers if they both have the recessive genes. While it's true some zoos have inbred them, white tigers have been recorded far back as the 15th century in the wild.

http://bhagavanantle.com/white_tiger_myths.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Yeah... except that that particular site is propaganda for a for-profit breeder, whereas I'm pulling data from the AZA.

http://911animalabuse.com/antle-bhagavan-doc/

A for-profit breeder with, apparently, rather a bad record, it seems.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    http://www.felineconservation.org/fcf/white_tiger_conservation.htm

What propaganda does your AR group have against this conservation effort?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I'm not refuting that zoos have inbred them. But you're out of line saying ALL white tigers are the result of inbreeding. Just like when people say ALL white people are the result of inbreeding. I don't think we should just get rid of all the world's white tigers because SOME people HYPOTHESIZE that they are all inbred without any evidence that isn't circumstantial and irrelevant. It's like if I pointed to some Cabin in Mississippi where some hillbilly was banging his sister, and said, "OH LOOK, THEY ARE INBREEDING! GUESS ALL WHITE PEOPLE ARE INBREEDERS! CASE CLOSED! KILL ALL WHITEYS!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    http://www.felineconservation.org/fcf/white_tiger_conservation.htm

What propaganda does your AR group have against this conservation effort?

... A site owned by people who keep exotic animals as pets - itself an inherently harmful practice. A site where these people post their excuses for their actions.

Again... I have the Association of Zoos and Aquariums, the most effective conservation organization in North America. I have effective species survival plans. I have basic biology. You have propagandists and profiteers and exotic pet owners.

EDIT: Just read the post you made after the one I replied to. Given that I've never heard anyone make that argument, ever, in my entire life, I gather that you're trying to get a rise out of me.

So I'll just thank you for the opportunities to post my AZA links and stop responding to you.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Aren't zoos the ones inbreeding white tigers and using them for profit? Your organization outright claims every single white tiger is inbred. Umm.. My groups actually talk about sound genetics, and how you can get recessive genes to express themselves without inbreeding. Just because your group spreads hateful propaganda about all the others, doesn't make it right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    croffilecroffile Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So if you believe that White Tigers are wrong and encourage inbreeding and to entertain humans, that's fine. But wouldn't it be more cruel to actually mount a tiger then, no matter what genetics?

My oppinion is that this is a game and has nothing to do with reality. Perhaps White Tigers in Neverwinter are not achieved through inbreeding, but an Alchemists [White Elixir Dye]? Or a Control Wizard's Frost Spells? That would solve this problem, because it is no longer a genetic-faulty white tiger!
    asailorsadventure.png
    Shortcode copy: NW-DFQEQQ8H6
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Dogs are the result of inbreeding. If we're going to get rid of all the white tigers in the world because they're inbred because of "Animal Rights", you might as well go shoot your dog now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Oh wait, shooting your dog is inhumane. You'll need to inject him with euthanasia, and let him die slowly from poison instead of killing him quick and easy with a bullet. After all, it's against his "Animal Rights" to let him live, since he's inbred and all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sneakyervinsneakyervin Member Posts: 101
    edited July 2013
    I dont understand how someone like the OP can honestly start something like this.

It's a game, not real life, it's a fantasy world, not real life. Maybe white tigers are more common in this game than in our real world. Also not all white tigers are inbreds. They are rare bengalian tigers. Then that some breed them to get a certain color is a different thing. But as I said, not all white tigers are inbreds.

So please go leave your extremist ideas out of the game and play it for what it is.

And since you seem to be a real animal rights extremist... Isnt it wrong in your mind to ride animals in the first place, like horses, giant wolves, horses set on fire, bears, tigers and so on? Or can you draw the line between reality and fiction in that case?
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey the orange tiger already commented on this and said. They're GREAT!

So I dont really see a problem here.
  • Options
    invalidgirlinvalidgirl Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Notice how the OP doesn't say another word after being proven how such a helpless hypocrite they are. D:
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    nadiezja wrote: »
    White tigers are a BAD THING. Why do people insist on marking them off as "better" than orange tigers?

They're inbred crossbreeds, destructive to conservation efforts, with less stamina and a shorter lifespans than their orange cousins. Every effort needs to be taken toward discouraging their breeding.

Tigers are gorgeous, powerful, noble animals. White tigers are what happens when you take what's good about tigers and twist it around for no other purpose than to entertain humans. So, no, Cryptic, I won't be buying your $35 genetically-damaged tiger mount.
    .. . . . . This isn't the real world, this is the Forgotten Realms. Our Earthly white tigers may not be created the same way as the Realms' tigers. We don't have elves, half-orcs, drow, or what not in our Earthly Realm, so I am not sure why there is a need to complain about the color of a tiger's fur in a fantasy game in relation to the Real World. The Realms have had white tigers for several Earthly decades now, its not like they were just added for Neverwinter's sake.

. . . . . Regardless, this thread has turned into a spitting gallery and it is time to close it. If you'd like to post a more-in-game reasoning/opinion on why the orange tigers are better than the white tigers, feel free to make a new thread. Just leave the Real World out of it. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.