What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GF Hatred in Dungeons needs to stop.

2»

Comments

• diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    teezy604 wrote: »
    This guy is a baddie just like the majority of players in this game. So you want a TANK spec GF for CN to slow down the group?

No, conqueror tanks have no place in CN. For dps, i want rogues or GWFs, they aren't a pain to heal since gwfs can go berserk and rogues can play hide and seek with mobs. When a tank gets a spot it just makes the life of the group easier. But he has to be a tactician. Conquerors deserve a kick for taking a PvP spec into the toughest pve dungeon. This one isn't a joke. As long as the run is smooth, completion speed doesn't matter. Getting on the healer nerves (which is me) does. They run ahead like idiots, take insane amount of damage, run to me to get heals (with aoes on their feets) and are a pain to heal. No dodge and low mitigation is really a terrible idea, and i'm not running a charity when i do CN.

Oh and by the way, for the record, i've beaten the last boss many times. Without a tank. And i don't want one, really, until i see one playing his class properly and not being a dead weight putting the whole group in danger every time we meet a pack of mobs.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Tactician blows end of discussion , untill there are usefull feats implemented in the bottom tree at least .

I don't mind if the tank doesn't take the full tactician tree, all i expect is the tank to be able to take hard hits without bothering me with something like "oh, the tank is dying again, i have to use another tick of divinity to save his ***, AGAIN, every 30s. I'm ok with rogues taking hard hits because the ground is full of red or CWs being chased by mobs, making sure they can stand in red moderately and do their job is my task, but i don't expect a tank to be another issue to deal with. And conquerors i've seen always get into trouble, which means more trouble for me and for the team.
  • jawarisinjawarisin Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    CN is easy.... stop arguing about it -_-' Hopefully they will release a harder dungeon
    CW Renegade comprehensive build+guide PvP:
    Here for the build+guide
  • joseph7777joseph7777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    I don't mind if the tank doesn't take the full tactician tree, all i expect is the tank to be able to take hard hits without bothering me with something like "oh, the tank is dying again, i have to use another tick of divinity to save his ***, AGAIN, every 30s. I'm ok with rogues taking hard hits because the ground is full of red or CWs being chased by mobs, making sure they can stand in red moderately and do their job is my task, but i don't expect a tank to be another issue to deal with. And conquerors i've seen always get into trouble, which means more trouble for me and for the team.

I don't know what kind of tanks you play with but in every single CN run I made the DC/CW/TR/GWF life easy. I can take huge hits and I can tank every single mob there at the same time without dying while the DC can **** around for all I care (200% life steal = from 1 health point to full with one attack). What you are complaining about is the tall undead trash that have the AOE attack "I suck your life out". Those dudes are the only threat to GF if there is 2-3+ of them and the block meter is broken. Will guess what? no tact build or protection build with any item build can deal with 3+ of that attack under bad unlucky condition, period. At this point when the unlucky conditions are met it is the DC job to save the day.

It is a team work, just like u expect the tank to handle all trash 100% of the time no matter what number or attack they have, we do expect a backup when all our options are out which is not that often really.
  • dsolzdsolz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Post some videos.
  • tharsoniusvbtharsoniusvb Member Posts: 43
    edited July 2013

All I get from this statement is, that you don't have a clue about how a GF works and you don't really know what your role as DC is. I mean, come on. It bothers you to heal the one person who takes the hits for the team? Really?
    I really hope that I completely misunderstood your statement, but if i didn't... oh boy.
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    joseph7777 wrote: »

Unless u want to exploite CN to the max then yeah we are slow and can't jumpdodge like CW/DC.

ktybye.

This is it right here. Its not about DPS, its about PPS, push per second, sad as that may be.
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I would like to know how you propose to stop people from having opinions, and acting on them.
  • medievaldreammedievaldream Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No I think the guy is absoluvely right. Judgemental guys everywhere about GF.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2013

The GF is specifically built to take those hard hits, and the only time any decent GF needs to "bother" the cleric (Imagine that, asking the person who has the ability to heal to do that!) is after taking multiple hits that would have one-shotted most TR's, CW's, and DC's - but the GF survives them because that is what they do. They can also pop Fighter's Recovery and do a lot of self-healing to boot. The rogues can dodge, so if anything you should be more upset with them for taking those hits without dodging or using ItC.

It's very hard to read your post as anything other than "If I have to play on a team, I don't want to be responsible for helping anyone else." I hope that is simply my erroneous reading, but it looks like you don't want to deal with the way the GF works.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• medievaldreammedievaldream Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    But yet, it's not that all GFs are like that. GF takes a lot of skill to be a successful tank. I mean come on. It's not an easy job.
    edited July 2013
    But yet, it's not that all GFs are like that. GF takes a lot of skill to be a successful tank. I mean come on. It's not an easy job.

That's true, but it seems like a larger number of players are dismissing the class entirely than when other people play poorly. Similar to the earlier anti-GWF sentiments or the ongoing anti-TR threads.

• vetcorevetcore Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Protector build is the ideal tank build , if u can soak 50-75& of the total dmg in a dungeon u earn your place in a group trying to dps with a tank its not right imo 1st priority is to hold agro take dmg off the group and survive while doing it.
  • thorizdenthorizden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    That's true, but it seems like a larger number of players are dismissing the class entirely than when other people play poorly. Similar to the earlier anti-GWF sentiments or the ongoing anti-TR threads.

It is very simple. A GF, even a well played and built one, isn't needed for the content on a team with sufficient gear and coordination. In most of the fights a GF simply slows down the process and they're only really useful in a couple of fights (ie makes the fight faster). About the only fight I'll actively look for a GF is FH and only then if that person can handle getting all the add aggro and kiting to free up everyone else to DPS the boss, heal, and kill the archers.

Now, your average pug group is NOT well geared nor well coordinated and in that case a well played GF can be beneficial though its still arguable in many cases as to whether it makes more sense to bring a GF or another CW. The more unskilled the group is on average the more beneficial a GF will be (if well played).
    edited July 2013
    thorizden wrote: »
    It is very simple. A GF, even a well played and built one, isn't needed for the content on a team with sufficient gear and coordination. In most of the fights a GF simply slows down the process and they're only really useful in a couple of fights (ie makes the fight faster). About the only fight I'll actively look for a GF is FH and only then if that person can handle getting all the add aggro and kiting to free up everyone else to DPS the boss, heal, and kill the archers.

It is equally simple to suggest that could be argued for any number of classes. It comes down to a number of factors which do include gear and coordination, but also include build and playstyle. This isn't simply a Conquerer vs. Tactician issue, but a larger one that directly relates to the way the GF uses their skills. If you're finding that GF's slow things down, then I would suggest you simply haven't played with any good GF's.

• thorizdenthorizden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    It is equally simple to suggest that could be argued for any number of classes. It comes down to a number of factors which do include gear and coordination, but also include build and playstyle. This isn't simply a Conquerer vs. Tactician issue, but a larger one that directly relates to the way the GF uses their skills. If you're finding that GF's slow things down, then I would suggest you simply haven't played with any good GF's.

No, its not and this isn't a judgement on people playing GF but rather how the game is currently implemented. Given equal player skill and gearing with other classes GFs (and GWFs) are simply the most replaceable. Tanking and CC have always been competition in MMOs but the key difference in this game is that tanks aren't needed for bosses AT ALL. Bosses of course are immune to CC and in most other games that was how the roles were split. CC kept the adds from doing too much damage to the party and tanks kept boss from doing too much damage to the rest of the party. In this game rogues solo the bosses in many cases and in no cases is it necessary for the tank to hold aggro on the boss.

Trying to do any of the dungeons without a DC will fail (or take ridiculously long and ridiculous numbers of pots) unless significant exploits are used (stacking buffs for GFs a few weeks back for example). Trying to down a boss without TR DPS is doable, but MUCH less efficient since they specialize in single target DPS and no other class can match that for the duration of the fight. Some of the dungeons are feasible without a CW (many simply are not like CN) but the run will be slower without exception.
  • borgued3borgued3 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 150 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    brarmin11 wrote: »
    High DPS? That's cool, other classes can bring "DPS" too, but what else can a fighter bring to a dungeon other than "High DPS".
    And unless you can bring a mob down from 100-0 with 2 skills, it's not high DPS. A CW can kills mobs outright just by pushing them off or disabling the mob entirely while doing damage. A TR can disable a group of mobs as well as providing damage, high single target damage against a boss when it really matters. A DC provides healing and great support.
    What do fighters bring to the table besides damage?

How abou aggro management? I haven't run many epics so far but i know that when the mobs decide to beat down any class asides from the tank it usually dont last that long, specially on boss fights where managing the adds is the diference between a victory or a wipe.
  • desjardiniidesjardinii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Personally I think there is a huge difference between our (GF) paragon paths. At least between Conq. vs protector and tactician. Depending on how the tank is specced will change the way a dungeon is ran overall. I used to run conq. spec and essentially zerg the mobs. I didnt have an issue holding aggro, but sometimes I would miss adds that were behind me or where ever. We killed mobs fast, but it also required more potion consumption and more work on the healer. I recently specced to Protector and swapped from timelss to grand regent. Im running Knight's Valor along with supremacy of steel which has changed our runs considerably. My dps is in the toilet compared to where it was. I went from 14.9 GS to 11.8 GS. But the up side is our runs do not go any slower at all, because with KV up, any damage that the party takes, I am intercepting. Since I am taking their damage, they can focus more on killing the stuff they need to kill. While the tool tip for KV says 50% damage reduction, here is how it works in reality...

Mob hits DC for 1000
    KV cuts it in half so he is left with 500 to deal with.
    His mitigation kicks in, so say 20% for easy math...he now has 400 out of that 1K hit left.
    and BTW If I have my shield up...I can block that remaining 400 if my guard meter is up, which it is quite often with my build.

We have tested that extensively with different situations. Add in supremacy of steel and now I am damaging the mobs that are hitting them. Then for icing, toss on a GPF for a DOT/Debuff. So without even taunting them with my Tab Mark, I am generating aggro on them, and they are heading to me shortly, and coming at me already as damaged goods. It makes for a much smoother fight overall. Im not saying that it is the way to go, but there are so many different ways to tank, that it comes down to how you want to play. As we do guild runs, our potion use isway down, runs go smooth, and everyone is happy. Its even gotten to the point where others in my guild are poking the conq specs to relook at how they run.

We have recently been running dungeons and not dragging bosses out of the area, just so we can fight the boss with the adds. Its become a contest to see how much <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> can we pile on the tank and live. Guess I digressed a bit, but in the end I think with GF's it comes down to skill in how you play. And just like alot of other classes, there are ALOT, and I mean ALOT of people who are CN geared but need to work on their skills quite a bit more. The hard part is when you group with someone who has their stuff together, it raises the expectation bar for all the others.
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The real problem (if there is any) is that 2 good CWs with eternal singularity make the game even easier than it was with double astral shield (seems like AS skills were meant to be OP) with 2 good CWs the party does not take damage, the mobs melt, all you do as a GF is to prevent them to take the first hits cuz well, CN mobs can still 1 shot non fighter toons with a crit, even with the insane hate they have been receiving from devs (broken feats, skills, equips) they are so OP in PvE that i cannot see how in the end they wont get the singularity nerfed (the same way i have no doubts that our stalwart set is so stupidly OP that will get nerfed sometime)... but is true, i can be almost inmortal, have recovery always up, dont need heals, i get agro i hold agro... and i sometimes feel useless when 2 good CWs are doing their mojo.
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    frarii wrote: »
    i sometimes feel useless when 2 good CWs are doing their mojo.

If your group is going slow and grabbing 1 pack at a time then sure you'll feel useless. But if your group is grab 3+ rooms or from boss to boss pulls. Your job is to mitigate dmg and keep mobs on you, when sing is off.
    edited July 2013
    With two good CW's sing is never on cooldown...ever. The AP gain from two shield pops (actually about 1.5) completely fills your AP gauge from empty. In fact with one good CW its seldom on cooldown and chaining sings back to back is easy as long as you have enough mobs.
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    thorizden wrote: »
    With two good CW's sing is never on cooldown...ever. The AP gain from two shield pops (actually about 1.5) completely fills your AP gauge from empty. In fact with one good CW its seldom on cooldown and chaining sings back to back is easy as long as you have enough mobs.

I feel like this was in a different language cause I don't have a 60 CW. Sing? What kinda of music. Rap, Gangsta rap be harsh. DD slash style. Heavy metal ? Chaining sings sounds awesome depending on the music.
  • teezy604teezy604 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Personally I think there is a huge difference between our (GF) paragon paths. At least between Conq. vs protector and tactician. Depending on how the tank is specced will change the way a dungeon is ran overall. I used to run conq. spec and essentially zerg the mobs. I didnt have an issue holding aggro, but sometimes I would miss adds that were behind me or where ever. We killed mobs fast, but it also required more potion consumption and more work on the healer. I recently specced to Protector and swapped from timelss to grand regent. Im running Knight's Valor along with supremacy of steel which has changed our runs considerably. My dps is in the toilet compared to where it was. I went from 14.9 GS to 11.8 GS. But the up side is our runs do not go any slower at all, because with KV up, any damage that the party takes, I am intercepting. Since I am taking their damage, they can focus more on killing the stuff they need to kill. While the tool tip for KV says 50% damage reduction, here is how it works in reality...

Mob hits DC for 1000
    KV cuts it in half so he is left with 500 to deal with.
    His mitigation kicks in, so say 20% for easy math...he now has 400 out of that 1K hit left.
    and BTW If I have my shield up...I can block that remaining 400 if my guard meter is up, which it is quite often with my build.

We have tested that extensively with different situations. Add in supremacy of steel and now I am damaging the mobs that are hitting them. Then for icing, toss on a GPF for a DOT/Debuff. So without even taunting them with my Tab Mark, I am generating aggro on them, and they are heading to me shortly, and coming at me already as damaged goods. It makes for a much smoother fight overall. Im not saying that it is the way to go, but there are so many different ways to tank, that it comes down to how you want to play. As we do guild runs, our potion use isway down, runs go smooth, and everyone is happy. Its even gotten to the point where others in my guild are poking the conq specs to relook at how they run.

We have recently been running dungeons and not dragging bosses out of the area, just so we can fight the boss with the adds. Its become a contest to see how much <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> can we pile on the tank and live. Guess I digressed a bit, but in the end I think with GF's it comes down to skill in how you play. And just like alot of other classes, there are ALOT, and I mean ALOT of people who are CN geared but need to work on their skills quite a bit more. The hard part is when you group with someone who has their stuff together, it raises the expectation bar for all the others.

And this is why GF gets kick from groups and why they think they're being useful in the group. I can already tell your dps was garbage even when you were Conq spec. If you're using knight's valor EVER, your group is BAD and so are you for letting mobs hit them. Looks like you should take your own advice and work on your skills cause you're doing it wrong son! If you think your group is fast and smooth with you "tanking" everything, you're gonna to hate it when you see groups doing CN in 30-45 mins killing ALL the bosses without a single death through the whole run.
    edited July 2013
    I feel like this was in a different language cause I don't have a 60 CW. Sing? What kinda of music. Rap, Gangsta rap be harsh. DD slash style. Heavy metal ? Chaining sings sounds awesome depending on the music.

Sing = Singularity the most commonly useful CW daily skill.
  • desjardiniidesjardinii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    And this is why GF gets kick from groups and why they think they're being useful in the group. I can already tell your dps was garbage even when you were Conq spec. If you're using knight's valor EVER, your group is BAD and so are you for letting mobs hit them. Looks like you should take your own advice and work on your skills cause you're doing it wrong son! If you think your group is fast and smooth with you "tanking" everything, you're gonna to hate it when you see groups doing CN in 30-45 mins killing ALL the bosses without a single death through the whole run.

Glad to know you know my DPS was garbage with the conq. spec. Are you really that much of a ****? Of course I wouldn't use those skills with the conq. spec, nor that armor. I had 14.9 K with timeless + stone, blah blah blah. different build, different skills. But then I suppose you are of the group that seems to think there is only one way to play the game.

Edited to add:
    No need to even respond to trolls I guess...besides I see how your play style is:
    I came here for the exploits and the game delivered!

I suppose once the exploits dry up, you will move on then. Well we could hope at least.
  • teezy604teezy604 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Glad to know you know my DPS was garbage with the conq. spec. Are you really that much of a ****? Of course I wouldn't use those skills with the conq. spec, nor that armor. I had 14.9 K with timeless + stone, blah blah blah. different build, different skills. But then I suppose you are of the group that seems to think there is only one way to play the game.

Edited to add:
    No need to even respond to trolls I guess...besides I see how your play style is:

I suppose once the exploits dry up, you will move on then. Well we could hope at least.

If you know how to play it doesn't matter what spec/gear you're wearing, your skill bar doesn't change. Only time it changes is on trash mobs and bosses. That already shows that you're bad if you're changing your skills base on your spec and that you think GS means anything. Continue being bad while I continue making you look bad. Sorry the truth hurts so much. Better start going credit card warrior spec because a game with only 7 buttons seems to be too hard for you.
  • vetcorevetcore Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    @teezy604 even your trolling skills suck.....
    @desjardinni spot on dude i use the same setup also on pvp besides pvp , also from supermacy proced by kv u can apply plague fire debuff.