test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Alchemy question: iron crucible?

betelnutbetelnut Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi there. I'm somewhat new to the game. Trying to figure out how to get the recipe to transmute worn crucibles purchased from the merchant into iron crucibles. Is this a Zen purchased thing? Or maybe the recipe random drops on doing experimentations? Thanks!
Post edited by betelnut on

Comments

• valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The better iron assets can only be purchased from the professional Asset thingy in the zen market. You can find them in that bidding place.
  • huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    such a recipe doesnt exist
    all green assets can only be gotten from the booster packs you buy for zen
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Worn (white) tools do not have an upgrade to Green. Green and higher tools can only be obtained from the various profession packs (either from the zen store or the Doomguard's Duty quest) or from the auction house.
  • darkstorn42darkstorn42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There is no way to turn white assets into any colored asset. The ways to get colored assets is to find them in profession packs or purchase them from the auction house.
  • keldinnlkeldinnl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited July 2013
    As with all non-white crafting assets, they drop from profession packs (purchases with zen). Maybe they drop from lockboxes but I never open those.

There is a quest in the neverdeath graveyard that rewards a crafting pack that may contain assets.
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    keldinnl wrote: »

There is a quest in the neverdeath graveyard that rewards a crafting pack that may contain assets.

I think that crafting pack must drop the green / blue tools since I have both a green tailor and a blue set of shears and have never bought any profession assets from the AH and I have never spent zen either. Maybe the profession box you get with the 5 celestial coins drops them too?
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    I think that crafting pack must drop the green / blue tools since I have both a green tailor and a blue set of shears and have never bought any profession assets from the AH and I have never spent zen either. Maybe the profession box you get with the 5 celestial coins drops them too?

That is a resource pack only and doesn't contain assets.
  • betelnutbetelnut Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks, everyone! Guess I'll see how far I can level up this profession before hitting the Zen wall.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    betelnut wrote: »
    Thanks, everyone! Guess I'll see how far I can level up this profession before hitting the Zen wall.

There is no wall to prevent you from levelling up (collect research rewards in-game, not via Gateway just to be on the safe side).

Coloured dudes make your tasks go faster. Coloured tools mean you get get better results (more potions in batch brews in the case of Alchemy).

Not having the coloured assets doesn't prevent you from doing any tasks, ever.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia