test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Buff companions please

2»

Comments

• rishzothrishzoth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If you pay attention to what the devs say about upcoming changes, then you would know this is in the works already.

But seriously, get a cat or a stone...

• lejdglejdg Member Posts: 79
    edited July 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Thanks y'all! We're continually working on companions to make them even better, and appreciate your feedback!

i really appreciate that our feedback is taken seriousely :) - however, the "even better" made me chuckle a bit :P
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have a green (so level 20) cleric companion on my GF, and with three level 4 HP runes on her she has 10K HP. That is enough to survive a hit or two still up to Whispering Caverns. Not sure how she will do in Epic dungeons but she did well in the level 59 Caverns of Karrundax.
  • giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Can you please give Galeb Duhr an AOE taunt, more HP, and increase his movement speed. Also there seems to be an issue with companions switching targets. Not quite sure how that can easily be fixed.
  • bstbybstby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Probably they should just make companions do all the job for you, while you're sitting at the campfire waiting for them to be done :D Fixing some of the companion mechanics is fine, but buffing them more and more is nothing good. Just more people in the epics who don't have a clue on what they are doing. If the dungeon/mission is too hard for you to solo just find the group. It's an MMO.
    Ranger.jpg
  • maisaanmaisaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 166
    edited July 2013
    My DC have Galeb and he is doing his job good, being a tank. I'm thinking about getting him for the wiz as well, should I ever decided to lvl her.

But something is wrong, if there is only 2 companions that is desired by the majority of the players.
    All purple companions should do their job equal good.
  • baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It depends on what you actually desire, sure I want to run dungeons easier, have better stats etc but at what cost?
    Will I sacrifice the image I want to portray of my character? After all we are playing an RP game so for me what my char says/does/image matter to me:/ I know it sounds funny but if I don't like the cat or the stone im not going to use it just because it makes my main stats better
    That's the act of a spreadsheet warrior.. stats stats stats.. I personally don't want to run around around with a sweet floating round his head or a GWF with puss in boots following you around..

Yes the basic companions could do with a little tweaking but not too much otherwise it will just cause another balance issue that people will cry about.. make them target mobs better & dodge better etc but that's about it..
  • rhymfaxerhymfaxe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    The last thing the world I want is people starting to use more non-augment companions in endgame content (ignoring the fact that I don't want to play a pet class to begin with, and I really hate the trend of giving everyone their own little annoying **** pet with incredibly rudamentary AI). Lets say I'm kiting the adds on Hrimnir, and I'm a group with a bunch of half-wits who think that pets are the coolest thing ever. Pets pulling aggro off the train every which way, pulling mobs to the boss, pets getting targetted by the timed AoE and not moving away like a player would, forcing everyone to move away instead of the target. It would complicate the fight to no end, and in the very best case not help a single bit.

Pets have no business in grouped content.

Another thing is that if you make pets actually powerful, they become REQUIRED. I would quit the game in a millisecond if dungeons were 10 "man" and half of the "players" were AI controlled.
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The way I see it is that pets etc help you play through to level 60 when going solo. After that, you are suppose to buy the augment pets for group events.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • bpphantombpphantom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I just want the upgrade tomes for companions. That's all.
    - bpphantom

Grace, Tiefling Devoted Cleric

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman."
  • dirtyhookdirtyhook Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Why don't companions get a share of your loot? They travel with you for free?
    They actually diminish other classes like the ranger. One of the rangers unique attributes was that he got a pet/companion.
  • kaiorionkaiorion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My cleric pet is useless at 60 other than healing me up after a battle and, annoyingly she doesn't even do that half the time. I keep the mobs focused on me, but she usually waits until a mob is casting an aoe, then runs right up to it, gets blasted and downed. She's also great at pulling adds.

:(

I'm saving for a cat now.
  • bpphantombpphantom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dirtyhook wrote: »
    Why don't companions get a share of your loot? They travel with you for free?
    They actually diminish other classes like the ranger. One of the rangers unique attributes was that he got a pet/companion.

Depends if you go with Hunter Ranger (Controller), Scout Ranger (dual weapon DPS - Essentials), or Ranger (either archer, dual weapon, or beast mastery DPS).
    - bpphantom

Grace, Tiefling Devoted Cleric

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman."
  • ontonanontonan Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Even if I quit the game within the next year, I'm marking the first anniversary on my calendar to come back and see everyone that's saved up cash in their coins for that thing. Protector's Enclave is going to look like it got gated to the Seven Heavens or something.

After a year's buildup there's probably no way it can match up to people's expectations though :/

Haha, so true!
  • dragredderdragredder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i still can't get over why the panther is worst than the direolf. i paid $200 for it.
  • pfft2pfft2 Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dragredder wrote: »
    i still can't get over why the panther is worst than the direolf. i paid $200 for it.

Drizzt tax.