test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Where is money we spend at Zen Store going to

13»

Comments

• Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Don't cry when every f2p adds the same things to its cash shop then.

Marketing people here? Hear that? They want the same xp boosts and start adding zeals to the cash shop.

Get ready to see all the other games adding the same things. You asked for it, you get it.

I think applying your advice about "Not crying" would do wonders for you. The amount of hate you spew out towards Blizzard would some how leave me to think they stole your lunch money and won't give it back. Move the hell on, if you didn't like World of Warcraft great, it wasn't for you. Crying about it on Neverwinter forums isn't going to change that and it only comes off as being ignorant, and has nothing to do with Neverwinter as a game.

This idea that items from one games store can be used in another games store is fine. I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but Successful MMO companies do in fact take bits and pieces from different MMO games and mold them into their own game. Why do you think Blizzard is so successful, they took bits and pieces of things that worked from Other games and applied them to their own game. It's a common practice and something I would imagine will continue to happen regarding any new MMO being launched.

Also, what in the hell are you complaining about? What that items similar to items found in Neverwinter will make their way to Blizzards Store? Or that things found in World of Warcraft will end up in Neverwinter? I'm sure if you go down the line you will be hard pressed NOT to find things from different MMOs being used in different games.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    thejadeemperorthejadeemperor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    chrono0812 wrote: »
    I think applying your advice about "Not crying" would do wonders for you. The amount of hate you spew out towards Blizzard would some how leave me to think they stole your lunch money and won't give it back. Move the hell on, if you didn't like World of Warcraft great, it wasn't for you. Crying about it on Neverwinter forums isn't going to change that and it only comes off as being ignorant, and has nothing to do with Neverwinter as a game.

This idea that items from one games store can be used in another games store is fine. I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but Successful MMO companies do in fact take bits and pieces from different MMO games and mold them into their own game. Why do you think Blizzard is so successful, they took bits and pieces of things that worked from Other games and applied them to their own game. It's a common practice and something I would imagine will continue to happen regarding any new MMO being launched.

Also, what in the hell are you complaining about? What that items similar to items found in Neverwinter will make their way to Blizzards Store? Or that things found in World of Warcraft will end up in Neverwinter? I'm sure if you go down the line you will be hard pressed NOT to find things from different MMOs being used in different games.

Have I said anything about item in one game can't be used in another game? Have I said anything about Neverwinter's item in Blizzard's store?

If the WoW cash shop idea is ok then other games should and you better believe will sell similar items in their games.
  • Options
    krahctkrahct Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    BMWs, Audis, Jettas, Ski Boats, Mojitos at the Loft Bar & Bistro
    "I never make mistakes, I once thought I did but I was wrong"
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Have I said anything about item in one game can't be used in another game? Have I said anything about Neverwinter's item in Blizzard's store?

If the WoW cash shop idea is ok then other games should and you better believe will sell similar items in their games.

Just relax, it's not the end of the gaming world as you know it. Life will continue on, even with items being sold in these various gaming stores.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    aylii1984aylii1984 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    why is the concept of software so confusing to some people - feel like we're still stuck in the 80s...
  • Options
    krahctkrahct Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    aylii1984 wrote: »
    why is the concept of software so confusing to some people - feel like we're still stuck in the 80s...

I still wear my parachute pants on the weekends :cool:
  • Options
    dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ultimately it all floats around and comes back to us in the end. You spend money. Business take it. Business pay employees. Employees buy things at your store, and so on and so forth.
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    dzogen wrote: »
    Ultimately it all floats around and comes back to us in the end. You spend money. Business take it. Business pay employees. Employees buy things at your store, and so on and so forth.

China does't buy our stuff though it's too expensive, follow the money, PWE is a chinese owned company

I kid, I have no idea who owns PWE, but I'm sure in some way China does own it, China owns most of everything since we owe them like 35 years of back debt

EDIT REVISION:

How naive of me, I'm sorry..I should say that America owes China and China owns America, which means most US businesses are owned in some way by China

******, now where did I put that 'learn to speak Mandarin' book?
  • Options
    fathomfulfathomful Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    krahct wrote: »
    China does't buy our stuff though it's too expensive, follow the money, PWE is a chinese owned company

I kid, I have no idea who owns PWE, but I'm sure in some way China does own it, China owns most of everything since we owe them like 35 years of back debt

EDIT REVISION:

How naive of me, I'm sorry..I should say that America owes China and China owns America, which means most US businesses are owned in some way by China

******, now where did I put that 'learn to speak Mandarin' book?

To believe it is anything more than a co-dependent relationship is silly.

Yea we owe China tons of money. If we decide to stop buying their products or making payments on debt their economy will crash. They have been propping their economy up artificially for years now anyway.

Just saying.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Point I was trying to make was China is not buying our product we're buying theirs... Yeah I agree with you, it's a symbiotic relationship, one I'd rather be on the other side of as an American.