test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My new favorite quest : Win 100k AD.

xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Foundry
Now this is a legit quest. Literally the most fun I have ever had in a foundry. Bravo to the author, for creating such an enjoyable masterpiece of entertainment.

mostfunever_zpseeda80aa.png
Post edited by xhrit on

Comments

• Options
    karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Well it isn't mine. I don't have a character on Dragon :mad:

Curse you dzogen *shakes fist*
  • Options
    drakesigardrakesigar Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    The sarcasm is strong in you. What's the problem? At least it doesn't openly say 'you must give me 5 stars to be considered eligible' like that other competition.
    Check out Adventuring College! A 20 minute male-centric comedic solo adventure.
    Quest ID: NW-DPCZNUVQ7
  • Options
    ash4llash4ll Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I wonder how many more quests with competitions will sprout after this one :P
    Review trades - Need to trade review? Read first post for further info.
    Siegebreaker - NW-DGDPWV2U5 - story about the ambush, escape and great rescue of the city.
    I'm a streamer and I know it!
  • Options
    groshiegroshie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Next featured? ;)
    Rescue in Rainwall, ID: NW-DRQK3HKVV
    Chef's Challenge, ID: NW-DGTKIBVF3
    The Dreamfall Campaign, ID: NWS-DEB7Z9IJC (3 Quests)
    Ogre: For the win!, ID: NW-DR5O3PD63
    Cults and Culture, ID: NW-DCLSFYSQ2
  • Options
    xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    drakesigar wrote: »
    At least it doesn't openly say 'you must give me 5 stars to be considered eligible' like that other competition.

But it does, when you read the description of the quests advertised.

lol?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    xhrit wrote: »
    But it does, when you read the description of the quests advertised.

lol?

They aren't quests, they are competition entry forms.

I'd assume after the competition has run its course, dzogen will rest the 'forms' until such time as he decides to run a competition again.

It's an absolutely brilliant way to canvas for more subscribers.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Oh, nevermind then.
    karitr wrote: »
    It's an absolutely brilliant way to canvas for more subscribers.
    I don't think Cryptic will like 30 second quests with a chest at the end.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Oh, nevermind then.

I don't think Cryptic will like 30 second quests with a chest at the end.

Ah. That must explain why the 100s and 100s of 30 second quests with a chest at the end get removed from the Foundry.

And yes drake, I am being sarcastic, but it honestly isn't directed at you.

ETA: Don't you just love it when they are labelled "RP ONLY!" as if that justifies their existence.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I thought that entry form should look like... form.
    Imo.
    But perhaps I'm wrong.
    Because it's hallucintion from malnourish. And death.
    Siegebreaker - NW-DGDPWV2U5 - story about the ambush, escape and great rescue of the city.
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ah. That must explain why the 100s and 100s of 30 second quests with a chest at the end get removed from the Foundry.

And yes drake, I am being sarcastic, but it honestly isn't directed at you.

ETA: Don't you just love it when they are labelled "RP ONLY!" as if that justifies their existence.

I can tolerate RP maps if people are really using them to RP. It's the blatant exploit maps I can't stand. Especially that one at the top with such brilliant characters like "Wizard" and "Wizard"..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Indeed, though most of them aren't quite so visible on the Best Page. That might make a difference. Then again it might not. Hard to tell with Cryptic.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    I can tolerate RP maps if people are really using them to RP. It's the blatant exploit maps I can't stand. Especially that one at the top with such brilliant characters like "Wizard" and "Wizard"..

Just for clarity, because insinuations can be poisonous to the innocent, are you suggesting that the quest currently at the top of the 'Best' tab and chosen by Cryptic as one of the featured UGC of the week, is a 'blatant exploit map'?

(I'm pretty sure you don't mean that, but best you have a chance to clear it up).
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Just for clarity, because insinuations can be poisonous to the innocent, are you suggesting that the quest currently at the top of the 'Best' tab and chosen by Cryptic as one of the featured UGC of the week, is a 'blatant exploit map'?

(I'm pretty sure you don't mean that, but best you have a chance to clear it up).

I didn't mean the very top, just near the top of the New list. Everyone should know which map I'm talking about, as I've been griping about it for a month or so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Indeed, though most of them aren't quite so visible on the Best Page. That might make a difference. Then again it might not. Hard to tell with Cryptic.

I suppose with limited resources they have to focus on game/economy breaking issues. Although there is no risk to a 30 sec chest item grab, when you consider the cost of an ID scroll, the player will discover very quickly they are not an efficient way to earn gold. At L60, you get 1s for unidentified items, you'd make more running an actual quest than you would from repeating the chest grab 60 times.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    I didn't mean the very top, just near the top of the New list. Everyone should know which map I'm talking about, as I've been griping about it for a month or so.

Whew...now if you'd said CWs or Ogres I might have got it straightaway. Thanks for the clarification!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Whew...now if you'd said CWs or Ogres I might have got it straightaway. Thanks for the clarification!

No problem. I was actually glad to see four of Dzogen's contest maps one after another at the top instead of said exploit map. Maybe now some authors will agree with me about how the adjusted rating system is broken if he lets them sit there a while. I wish he'd make 20 different contest threads and just fill the whole Best tab with them. Then the devs might think about making some changes to how quests are displayed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I'm wondering about making acount filled with fake contests, where you have no chance of winning anything, because I don't have that money.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    ash4ll wrote: »
    I'm wondering about making acount filled with fake contests, where you have no chance of winning anything, because I don't have that money.

All his contest prizes together aren't even $20 worth of Zen. I got over 160k AD from just 500 Zen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    maerwinmaerwin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If this is the very best quest Foundry has to offer, then all other quests are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and not even worth looking at
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMFGWPBN3 The Lost City - Review Thread
  • Options
    nimmanunimmanu Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Nice of you to advertise for your friend. I'm sure he appreciates it!
    Breaching the Swarm NW-DUXUHQWNP

Pick your side, take a stand, save--or kill--your former allies.
  • Options
    redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Have any of you thought, for even a second, that what Dzogen is doing here is using his Foundry Fame to highlight the very issues we talk about regarding the Foundry Rating / Search / List functionality?

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Have any of you thought, for even a second, that what Dzogen is doing here is using his Foundry Fame to highlight the very issues we talk about regarding the Foundry Rating / Search / List functionality?

All The Best
    Have you thought, that we haven't thought about it?
  • Options
    ananvilhurtzananvilhurtz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Have you thought that we have thought that you hadn't thought that did anyone even go as far as to want to do look more like?
    Religion - 60 GF (15.3k GS)
    The Seeker - 60 DC (11.5k GS)
    Faithless - 60 CW (10k GS)
  • Options
    sourcreamkingsourcreamking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Have you thought that we have thought that you hadn't thought that did anyone even go as far as to want to do look more like?

Who was pone?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The entire campaign can be found here: NWS-DQS27OINC

Individual quests:
    1. Heeding the Call - NW-DMJCDZ5XJ
    2. Bored of the Rings - NW-DFWE3XR6W
    3. Draconian Ways - NW-DUNZEJG2J
    4. When All is Said and Done... - Look at the picture ;)
  • Options
    kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Who was pone?
    Pricipal . Caught sayof school that has stoped Handstandsing " See, told ya so" Is He dead or not. CNN Says yes. St. Pete Times Looking for chads -OR- "hello, I am write single to salute and wait for answer again
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Obviously I had, or I would not have asked such a question.

All The Best

• Options
    lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Let's all just make ad contests, would be hilarious to see them all on the Best Tab lol
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
  • Options
    cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Pricipal . Caught sayof school that has stoped Handstandsing " See, told ya so" Is He dead or not. CNN Says yes. St. Pete Times Looking for chads -OR- "hello, I am write single to salute and wait for answer again

Sirs, has you most great day! Happy product have we for you consideration. Win 100k! Salutations!
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Redneckronin, does Dzogen provide you with lip balm?
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    Redneckronin, does Dzogen provide you with lip balm?

At least have the courage to say what your spine (or lack thereof) only allows you to infer.

All The Best