test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Launcher Problem? Server or just me?

ifartedagainifartedagain Member Posts: 69
edited June 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
CrypicError_zps11795a04.png
crypticerror2_zps656eed3a.png

My internet connection is fine, i don't know why it's telling me to check internet connection.

Bump.

I need a solution now please. I just want to play.
I love the sweet aroma of my own flatulence. #DontJudgeMe.
Post edited by ifartedagain on

Comments

• ibendairibendair Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm suddenly having issues launching/logging in as well...experiencing issues at various login points.
    1) authentication failure
    2) launcher doesn't load properly
    3) after several attempts, it started launching but got stuck on the 'Cryptic' screen and then finally failed (update: happened again just now and says GameClient.exe failed)
  • ifartedagainifartedagain Member Posts: 69
    edited July 2013
    ibendair wrote: »
    I'm suddenly having issues launching/logging in as well...

I'm glad i'm not the only one having this problem. I hope there's a solution to this or gets fixed soon.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    . . . . . I am not experiencing any issues. Please try rebooting your machine and if that fails, try power cycling your modem(s) and router(s). If all this fails, please file a Support Ticket and then reply here with your Ticket ID (Incident) number. Thanks!
    edited July 2013
    ok i'll try that
  • draemorindraemorin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 80
    edited July 2013
    "Unable to connect to account server" - this is the error message I'm now receiving and it is preventing me from playing the game. I had been playing for a couple hours much earlier today and just returned to game some more.

I was first greeted by repeated Neverwinter Online launcher errors (it wouldn't even load the launcher when I double mouse clicked it). Eventually, I was able to reach the launcher and now I'm greeted with that account server error. Something is amiss on Perfect World's end...

*** Edit ***

Now I'm greeted in the launcher (after entering my PW and hitting PLAY) by an "Unable to authenticate" error... the account server is kaput.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    draemorin wrote: »
    "Unable to connect to account server" - this is the error message I'm now receiving and it is preventing me from playing the game. I had been playing for a couple hours much earlier today and just returned to game some more.

I was first greeted by repeated Neverwinter Online launcher errors (it wouldn't even load the launcher when I double mouse clicked it). Eventually, I was able to reach the launcher and now I'm greeted with that account server error. Something is amiss on Perfect World's end...

*** Edit ***

Now I'm greeted in the launcher (after entering my PW and hitting PLAY) by an "Unable to authenticate" error... the account server is kaput.
    I just checked again and I am still connecting normally. I am not getting any reports from the Moderator Team as of yet either of any issues with them. Please try the steps in my post above, quoted below. Thanks!
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . I am not experiencing any issues. Please try rebooting your machine and if that fails, try power cycling your modem(s) and router(s). If all this fails, please file a Support Ticket and then reply here with your Ticket ID (Incident) number. Thanks!
  • mx5turbomx5turbo Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's possible to log in, but you may need to do a few attempts because your connection may time out.

Spending about 1-2 min at the authentication server ("connecting to account server...") and then another 2-3 minutes at the login server ("connecting to login server...") after entering account information.

Switching characters will also have the same issues.
  • ibendairibendair Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just submitted ticket #130709-001979. I'm having similar issues described by the other two posters. Same with me...things were perfectly fine until I tried about an hour ago.
  • simkinfoolsimkinfool Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    same thing here, just popped up
  • runescapesucksrunescapesucks Member Posts: 80
    edited July 2013
    I tried everything you recommended zeb, I also tried re-installing the game.

Hope this get fixed soon.
    edited July 2013
    ...something definitely is very wrong with the launcher... also...having issues connecting to the gateway as well. I've reset my router and my general connection is fine...so that's not the issue.
    edited July 2013
    . . . . . Thank you for the reports everyone, I have already forwarded this thread off. I truly hope they provide a timely resolve. I know what it feels like to not be able to do the recreation one desires, and sometimes needs. It truly sucks, for sure!

. . . . . Please continue to provide reports, details and Ticket ID (Incident) Numbers in this thread. Thanks!
  • draemorindraemorin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 80
    edited July 2013
    Sorry, I don't agree with the idea it is a user related error. This is a Perfect World account server error. For nearly 30 minutes now, I've repeatedly tried to log into game but it will not authenticate my account information.

This is an account server issue and thank you for forwarding it to the proper folks.
  • geaden007geaden007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ...something definitely is very wrong with the launcher...

The Launcher opens, but the window is blank with "Loading. Please wait."

then after it times out, Browser window pops up and says
    "This program cannot display the webpage"

I can connect to other websites, and I rebooted just in case and same thing.
  • nightspiritgnightspiritg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ive been trying for 3hrs and still can't login,only thing I haven't tried is reinstall,playing since April and first time having a login problem,same descriptions as others.
  • menitemenite Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ...something definitely is very wrong with the launcher... also...having issues connecting to the gateway as well. I've reset my router and my general connection is fine...so that's not the issue.

Indeed. Despite the claims the launcher is working fine, it is not. I have tried everything save uninstalling the game and it still times out with the same error as others are getting. Guess I'll be playing GW2 for the night. Hope you get this fixed soon.
  • mx5turbomx5turbo Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I was able to logg in a few times but the server would just drop me maybe after 1-2 minutes.

I attempt to join a group once but then the server dropped me.

Also chat is offline.

This is on the Dragon shard, I am not sure if the shard matters.
    edited July 2013
    Sorry, I don't agree with the idea it is a user related error. This is a Perfect World account server error. For nearly 30 minutes now, I've repeatedly tried to log into game but it will not authenticate my account information.

This is an account server issue and thank you for forwarding it to the proper folks.
    . . . . . The reason I asked for machine/modem/router cycling is because there is a known issue that affects a small portion of people where the only fix is to do this cycling. That issue has to do with DNS issues. If cycling didn't help, then this means it is another issue. I wasn't suggesting it was user error but trying to provide steps to be able to rule that out prior to forwarding this thread off.
    menite wrote: »
    Indeed. Despite the claims the launcher is working fine, it is not. I have tried everything save uninstalling the game and it still times out with the same error as others are getting. Guess I'll be playing GW2 for the night. Hope you get this fixed soon.
    . . . . . Whatever this issue is, it seems to not be affecting everyone. No one on the Moderator Team is reporting this problem and in fact, one is playing right now. As well, I was just in game and there are quite a few people running around Protector's Enclave. Never-the-less, as I said, I have forwarded this thread.
    edited July 2013
    What exactly is machine/modem/router cycling? I reset the router and have rebooted the comp several times. Is 'cycling' something different?
    edited July 2013
    I just noticed something... my Win7 OS auto-updated something in between the times I played today and this latest attempt of mine to play. Are those folks experiencing this connectivity error all using a Windows/Win7 based OS?
    edited July 2013
    I'm on Win7. But I just checked and, although I have pending Win updates, the last install was 7/4. I only started having issues a couple of hours ago.
    I just noticed something... my Win7 OS auto-updated something in between the times I played today and this latest attempt of mine to play. Are those folks experiencing this connectivity error all using a Windows/Win7 based OS?
  • geaden007geaden007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I ran a windows network diagnostic on failure to connect to website. I used nwhttppatch.crypticstudios.com (port 80)
    (I recalled seeing that in 'pcl' file)

The result said

"website (nwhttppatch.crypticstudios.com) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts.
    The remote computer isn't responding to connections on port 80, possibly due to firewall or security policy settings, or because it might be temporarily unavailable. Windows couldn't find any problems with the firewall on your computer.
    Contact the service provider or owner of the remote system for further assistance, or try again later "

Not that it helps any, but I am trying.

And yes, Win 7
    edited July 2013
    What exactly is machine/modem/router cycling? I reset the router and have rebooted the comp several times. Is 'cycling' something different?
    That is cycling!

*the mage smiles and nods*

. . . . . To do a proper cycling of Modems and Routers, you unplug them all and wait between 30-60 seconds (check documention on product, 60 seconds is a safe time to wait no matter the device). Then plug in just the modem and wait for it to fully boot up with all the lights (the only light that won't show is the one for connecting to the router). Then plug in the router and wait for it to boot up fully. Then plug in any other devices or extra routers. Plugging them all in at once will not provide a true cycling and may even cause connectivity or dns issues.
    edited July 2013
    Nighty night Neverwinter. I'll be back when an official post has been made indicating this launcher/authentication error is remedied.
    edited July 2013
    Oops, one last thing before I'm off to sleep. This is issue is weird no doubt... for hours (i.e. dozens of login attempts over that span) I was stopped by the "Unable to authenticate..." error message. Just now, before nappy time, I tried to launch the game one last time (in honor of Murphy's Law) and I thought I'd be able to play... the launcher actually accepted my username/PW and it reached the "Play" button. Only when I clicked the "Play" button I was now greeted by an "Unable to connect to account server (3)" error message.

Just food for thought...
  • huntibilis1huntibilis1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Try the following.

1) Close out the game.
    2) Press the Start button (windows key).
    3) Type "run" in the search field, hit enter.
    4) Type "cmd" in the run window, hit enter.
    5) In the command window type " ipconfig /flushdns " hit enter.
    6) cmd should read "Windows IP configuration Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache."
    7) Close out cmd, try to open the game.

I have had this same issue with the game (more than once), and this always fixes the issue.
    Hope this helps.
    edited July 2013
    My launcher opened and is patching now.

Thanks for the fix.

More power to Cryptic
  • huntibilis1huntibilis1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My launcher opened and is patching now.

Thanks for the fix.

More power to Cryptic

I do not work for/with Cryptic at all, I just play the game ;)

On a side note the Dragon Shard is offline atm having issues, so don't be freaked if you still can't play.
  • shadowwolf088shadowwolf088 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Try the following.

1) Close out the game.
    2) Press the Start button (windows key).
    3) Type "run" in the search field, hit enter.
    4) Type "cmd" in the run window, hit enter.
    5) In the command window type " ipconfig /flushdns " hit enter.
    6) cmd should read "Windows IP configuration Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache."
    7) Close out cmd, try to open the game.

I have had this same issue with the game (more than once), and this always fixes the issue.
    Hope this helps.

I just tried this, got to the point where the pinwheel was loading for my wizard... then i get the disconnection error... what the heck gives! Seems like people have been having issues, for a WHILE now... are they ever going to actually fix the problem on their end? If they know how many people actually play or play the game on average.... why dont they make it so their server(s) can handle the load????!!! Sorry.... venting...
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Closing for necro.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.