test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Foundry Mascot

groshiegroshie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2013 in The Foundry
Hello everyone!
Everyone who listens in on the NW_Foundry channel will probably know that we've been having a discussion about a Foundry mascot.
I think we're all fairly in on the idea of that it's going to be a cat but...
Now we're having naming issues. ;)

The name should...
- ... Indicate that the cat is lost and/or a planewalker. (Since it'll appear in so many different stories, hopefully.)
- ... Be related to bards. (It'll be a storyteller. Meowstrel has been a good title so far - I don't remember who said it first.)
- ... Somehow include the word "Foundry".

Time limit for voting on names: From NOW until Sunday, 14th of July, 23:59 Server Time!

The poll is open!
Remember, one vote per person!

Vote HERE!
Rescue in Rainwall, ID: NW-DRQK3HKVV
Chef's Challenge, ID: NW-DGTKIBVF3
The Dreamfall Campaign, ID: NWS-DEB7Z9IJC (3 Quests)
Ogre: For the win!, ID: NW-DR5O3PD63
Cults and Culture, ID: NW-DCLSFYSQ2
Post edited by groshie on

Comments

• Options
    drnoesisdrnoesis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'd go for Violodion -

Pro's
    - little unusual
    - references the keeper of the tower in Michael Moorcocks "The Vanishing Tower" (about a tower that jumps between places/dimensions/times). If i recall correctly, the tower keeper was a dwarf who told lots of stories, and moorcock is one of the progenitors of a lot of D&D influencing stuff...

Con's
    - Pain to spell.
    ow1b.png
  • Options
    xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    groshie wrote: »
    Hello everyone!
    Everyone who listens in on the NW_Foundry channel will probably know that we've been having a discussion about a Foundry mascot.
    I think we're all fairly in on the idea of that it's going to be a cat but... Now we're having naming issues. ;)
    - ... Indicate that the cat is lost and/or a planewalker. (Since it'll appear in so many different stories, hopefully.)
    - ... Be related to bards. (It'll be a storyteller. Meowstrel has been a good title so far - I don't remember who said it first.)
    - ... Somehow include the word "Foundry".

One of the admins of that channel kicked me out, because they did not like something I said about their quest. If the foundry authors are going to have a mascot I think it should be a llama, not a cat.
  • Options
    warstormforumwarstormforum Member Posts: 41
    edited July 2013
    so the time for this topic has finally come.
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Zigby the dwarf owns the Foundry right now, and he says the mascot should be a Kobold..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    My unoriginal suggestions:

Gallifrey
    Gulliver
    Smelt
    Perrault
    Lariat Sigh (an anagram of Sigil and Athar)

I realise they all sound very masculine. Will this indeed be a tom, or will gender be indeterminate? ;)
  • Options
    chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    xhrit wrote: »
    One of the admins of that channel kicked me out, because they did not like something I said about their quest. If the foundry authors are going to have a mascot I think it should be a llama, not a cat.

This again? You were removed because you are a persistent *** in the channel, as demonstrated in this post.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • Options
    redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    drnoesis wrote: »
    I'd go for Violodion -

Pro's
    - little unusual
    - references the keeper of the tower in Michael Moorcocks "The Vanishing Tower" (about a tower that jumps between places/dimensions/times). If i recall correctly, the tower keeper was a dwarf who told lots of stories, and moorcock is one of the progenitors of a lot of D&D influencing stuff...

Con's
    - Pain to spell.

Ooooh a fellow Moorcock fan?

If we are having something that can exist in all "planes" (Foundry Quests) at once, and at all times, and is also a repository of wisdom then we should call the cat Tanelorn.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • Options
    xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    chili1179 wrote: »
    This again? You were removed because you are a persistent *** in the channel, as demonstrated in this post.

I am pretty sure I was giving help to a beginner when I was kicked from the channel, by someone who was mad about something I said abut his quest. I would post the screenshot, but that is against forum rules, so you will just have to take my word on it.
  • Options
    runis12runis12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    A few suggestions I heard in the NW_Foundry Channel...

1. Lorekin
    2. Meowstrel
    3. Maestro/Meowstro ______ (blank to insert name..)
    4. Plot Kitty/Plot Kitten
    5. Overlord Mittens
    6. Ser Quest-A-Lot (my personal fave)

:)
  • Options
    nimmanunimmanu Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Just one word?

Astrayus the Foundry Troubadour (astray.. us.. ?)

Astrayadour the Foundry Talisman
    Breaching the Swarm NW-DUXUHQWNP

Pick your side, take a stand, save--or kill--your former allies.
  • Options
    antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think a cat named Discernible, which is a kind of antonym off Cryptic, a slap in the face if you like for the treatment us foundry users get.

i.e. The 'Strange Patch error and Foundry Editing not allowed error' that we have to deal with each and every week.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    antonkyle wrote: »
    I think a cat named Discernible, which is a kind of antonym off Cryptic, a slap in the face if you like for the treatment us foundry users get.

i.e. The 'Strange Patch error and Foundry Editing not allowed error' that we have to deal with each and every week.

To play off that...we could call him Patches.
    (Insert title here) Patches.
    Patches the Lost.
    Patches the whatever...
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Patches The Store But Not The Foundry

??

All The Best

• Options
    drnoesisdrnoesis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How about "Lesser Spotted Dev" - that way we actually could have a dev that had something to do with the foundry....
    ow1b.png
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    How about "Lesser Spotted Dev" - that way we actually could have a dev that had something to do with the foundry....

No, it can't be spotted less than the real Foundry Dev, he's never been seen.

All The Best

• Options
    lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't visit the Foundry channel, but if anyone/thing is going to be its mascot, it should be Deekin. As I consider everyone who makes Foundry quest a Bard of sorts, I think Deekin (or a Kobold like him if he can't be used) would be appropriate. :)
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • Options
    ash4llash4ll Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Review trades - Need to trade review? Read first post for further info.
    Siegebreaker - NW-DGDPWV2U5 - story about the ambush, escape and great rescue of the city.
    I'm a streamer and I know it!
  • Options
    delthanindelthanin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I'm rather partial to Volo (legendary traveler and storyteller of the Forgotten Realms, famous for his guidebooks to the Realms, and who would be long dead at the game's point of the FR timeline). Volo the ______(insert title for cat), or something to that effect.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Volothamp_Geddarm
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I like it Delthanin. :cool: Easy to spell, short, leaves room for title...
  • Options
    lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I'll go with Brodalf, because that's how serious I can take the foundry at most atm.
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
  • Options
    ash4llash4ll Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I vote for Volo, although I'd rather see Mr. Bigglesworth or Crookshanks.
    Review trades - Need to trade review? Read first post for further info.
    Siegebreaker - NW-DGDPWV2U5 - story about the ambush, escape and great rescue of the city.
    I'm a streamer and I know it!
  • Options
    shefenhowshefenhow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 61
    edited July 2013
    I'd go for Violodion -

Con's
    - Pain to spell.

Ummm.... hehe did you mean "Voilodion"?

Awesome books, and clever that the same story crops up in at least three series from the different hero's viewpoints.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    shefenhow wrote: »

Awesome books, and clever that the same story crops up in at least three series from the different hero's viewpoints.

Yes, one of my favourite "cross-plane" episodes from the Multiverse.

Moorcock is fantasy god.

A properly done Eternal Champion MMO would be sooooooo amazing. Imagine it, fantasy, Sci-Fi, Steampunk? Which one? All of them!

Think my favourite setting is Hawkmoon.

I even have the Hawkmoon Box Set for Stormbringer (cost a small fortune almost 15 years ago to have it shipped to the UK from the US).

All The Best

• Options
    sourcreamkingsourcreamking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I would go for one of the following:

Benito Pussolini
    Adolf Kitler
    Nicolae Meowcescu
    Meowammar Catafi
    Saddam Pussein
    Meow Zedong
    Meowgusto Pinochet

That's a list of hard-hitting kittens for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The entire campaign can be found here: NWS-DQS27OINC

Individual quests:
    1. Heeding the Call - NW-DMJCDZ5XJ
    2. Bored of the Rings - NW-DFWE3XR6W
    3. Draconian Ways - NW-DUNZEJG2J
    4. When All is Said and Done... - Look at the picture ;)
  • Options
    groshiegroshie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Hello again everyone!
    So far there have been many great contributions - I will write them all down and make a list. :)
    I was thinking about how this is going to go down and I think we will have to have two sets of time limits.
    One to write contributions, and one to vote for the existing contributions.
    I think the time limit for contributions will be at Thursday this week (11/7) at 23:59 server time, after that we'll have until Saturday at 23:59 server time to vote.
    Thank you so far for all the contributions, keep em coming! :)
    Rescue in Rainwall, ID: NW-DRQK3HKVV
    Chef's Challenge, ID: NW-DGTKIBVF3
    The Dreamfall Campaign, ID: NWS-DEB7Z9IJC (3 Quests)
    Ogre: For the win!, ID: NW-DR5O3PD63
    Cults and Culture, ID: NW-DCLSFYSQ2
  • Options
    apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Fluffy Pant Mittins McFoundryton the 3rd

h3FE2AFC1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
  • Options
    sphecidasphecida Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 95
    edited July 2013
    I prefer a name from lore, such as Sharess, Versei, Jaral, Shadowclaw, Tressym, Guenhwyvar, and so on.

I'm definitely not a fan of names that wouldn't be relevant to Neverwinter.

Or the name should have something to do with the Foundry, such as Questkin or Frinko.

Unfortunately, I'm going on vacation and won't be able to vote. :(

Actually, having just had this conversation in the Foundry, I vote for calling the cat Isn', because we can't write "isn't" followed by "it."
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    shefenhow wrote: »

DOH!!!

And yup, it's really well done. It was actually the first Moorcock book I picked up and read, mostly because back then I was told it had inspired the film Krull (which had just come out >.<)

From there on to the various Corwin stories, and later Elric. For a while the only novels I liked better were those involving Fafhrd and the grey mouser, and an almost completely unknown "Cats Have No Lord"
    ow1b.png
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    sphecida wrote: »
    I prefer a name from lore, such as Sharess, Versei, Jaral, Shadowclaw, Tressym, Guenhwyvar, and so on.

I'm definitely not a fan of names that wouldn't be relevant to Neverwinter.

Or the name should have something to do with the Foundry, such as Questkin or Frinko.

Unfortunately, I'm going on vacation and won't be able to vote. :(

What the
    I'm in favor of Sharess, mainly because my dojo worships her. And Frinko is a student there. Get out of my mind Spec!!!!!!!!!!
    I do like Volo though. And McFoundryton. LOL Nice one. Simply 'Author the Cat' was okay too.
  • Options
    nymphhoardernymphhoarder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Some Deekin ancestor ? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]