test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Iphone/Ipad APP? / Gateway App

gwenzelthargwenzelthar Member Posts: 138 Arc User
Any chance of an APP for the game coming out?

Character roster(show off your toon to friends)
Crafting
Foundry (fav quests/high rated etc)

etc etc

:)
jonforgottenrealmssmall.jpg
"I cannot be caged! I cannot be controlled! Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools!"
Post edited by gwenzelthar on

Comments

• aesclealaescleal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Huh, thinking outside the box. I for one like this idea. A new take on old fashion D&D geekery!
  • jiglesjigles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hello Community,

When Gateway was launched we we're told that it would be an Gateway app to mobiles.
    I dont like to bother but since that news were like 3 months ago, can we have feedback if the app is actually being developed, and if you have an estimated time release?

I know Dev's and staff could think that this would make people to log less in game, but in my opinion would have the opposite efect :)

Hope to hear from you guys soon :)

Regards,
    Collision
    Collision - LVL 60 TR ○○○ ENYO - LVL 60 CW
  • soapmodersoapmoder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think they ought to focus on ironing out the browser bugs first. It's getting ridiculous.

8x33nb.jpg
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    soapmoder wrote: »
    I think they ought to focus on ironing out the browser bugs first. It's getting ridiculous.

+1

That is actually quite good ;)
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's intended to be a mobile browser based app.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • dravkwndravkwn Member Posts: 88
    edited July 2013
    soapmoder wrote: »

8x33nb.jpg
    I see your post and when I think of clicking the completion button I see in my head FINISH IT. Though with the finish him buttons its probably not much of a surprise.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ravin wrote: »
    It's intended to be a mobile browser based app.

Exactly. What would an app provide that you cant already do via the browser? Im all for getting the bugs fixed before we try to over complicate this.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    I like to throw this cautionary in these threads as they come up:

. . . . . Any current Apps for PWE Games that are out there are not condoned by PWE and are considered illegal. Using them may compromise one's Account (or even device) Security. Only visit the Gateway through the officially supported means, which is through a secure web browser. Accessing the game and gateway through any other means than the client provided (game) and web browser (gateway) may constitute a breach of the Terms of Service and EULA.
  • fablernfablern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    just curious... could not find a link to the gateway on the Website or forum menus
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    fablern wrote: »
    just curious... could not find a link to the gateway on the Website or forum menus
    Here you go: https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/

The Gateway is still in beta stages, so that is the reason it hasn't been placed within the main menu links. Here is an official article with the link to the Gateway so you can verify its legitimacy.
    edited July 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    I like to throw this cautionary in these threads as they come up:[/COLOR

. . . . . Any current Apps for PWE Games that are out there are not condoned by PWE and are considered illegal. Using them may compromise one's Account (or even device) Security. Only visit the Gateway through the officially supported means, which is through a secure web browser. Accessing the game and gateway through any other means than the client provided (game) and web browser (gateway) may constitute a breach of the Terms of Service and EULA.

Tyvm for the "warning" :) Thats why im askin when is released the Official app they talked about when gateway was released :)
  • lordphaalordphaa Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    you dont need app its responsive you can use it from your mobile browser it will automatically fit in your mobile's screen ;)
  • exarkun007exarkun007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 113 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I dont know that I would call it responsive. It is functional on my phones browser, no more, no less.
  • fablernfablern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for this... btw, is there still a problem getting AD through the Gateway tasks??.. i read that a notification should appear upon log in informing you of auto-refined AD but I've never seen this notification.
  • misterbikmisterbik Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    For sure.
    Especially Tools that can be linked with Foundry, eg sketching out dungeons, detailing the dungeons, laying out NPC and enemy.
    Even just in plan / top down view, not necessarily full 3d, although my ipad3 seems to have better 3d gfx than my desktop machine.
    :(
    Would be great.
    Working out dialogs and links etc.
    Ideally that could be exported back to the pc for finalising.
  • brendan03usbrendan03us Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You can do this on the gateway, which you can access from a mobile browser. I think I would prefer if Cryptic didn't spend much time developing an app that duplicates that in lieu of other development for the game.
    edited July 2013
    Oh, I was like wtf gateway? Guess I should read some of the emails they send out...
  • exarkun007exarkun007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 113 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    The only time I noticed any sort of auto-refine notice was during the event when I was over my cap, I saw a notice for auto refine failure.
  • brendan03usbrendan03us Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You can't do foundry stuff with it, but you can check mail, do professions and do the auction house from it. I find it useful for keeping professions going during the day.
    edited July 2013
    One suggestion , that I doubt will ever be read by anyone who counts, is that on mobile devices, the little icons in crafting have no text. Cos there is no mouse over.
    Maybe tap, tap and hold? To get text.
    I can tell if it's a shirt, a detailed shirt, a leather shirt, a detailed leather shirt, etc etc that I need in the little box.
    That would be nice, cos on ipad = frustrating. Cool, but frustrating. :)
    edited July 2013
    It obviously needs some buffing, but it's functional. I find it more functional on my phone browser than on a laptop browser (the font size seems to be off in the standard browser version).
    edited July 2013
    You can do this on the gateway, which you can access from a mobile browser. I think I would prefer if Cryptic didn't spend much time developing an app that duplicates that in lieu of other development for the game.

Its not a duplication... atm gateway on browser at pc/mobile dont get rough AD and some other items. i just want a fix.

A mobile app faster then the browser would be great
    edited July 2013
    Threads merged. Please see my Advisory.
    edited July 2013
    jigles wrote: »
    Its not a duplication... atm gateway on browser at pc/mobile dont get rough AD and some other items. i just want a fix.

A mobile app faster then the browser would be great

If the AD isn't working then I agree that needs to be fixed on the gateway. I just don't want dev resources being diverted away from content towards providing an app that would duplicate what a fixed gateway would provide.