test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What is your drink of choice when making or playing Foundry quests?

lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Foundry
For me, it's coffee. Yes, I know it can mess with my brains a bit, but that also makes my brains distasteful to zombies and Illithids alike (and eating my brain would kill an illithid via massive heart attack/brain explosion).

Now I'm pretty sure some of you have tea, juice, or extremely high proof intoxicating beverage as your drink of choice for creating or playing Foundry quests...
*sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
Post edited by lonnehart on

Comments

• Options
    redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    For me it depends on the time of day. I'm currently unemployed so I may be in the Foundry at any odd time of day. In the mornings I have coffee or tea, tea is usual for most of the rest of the day (hey, I'm English - drinking tea is our national sport), although sometimes at night I may have a beer, or a shot of what little remains of the 15 Year Old Single Malt I have in the cupboard - a legacy of my days at university - I was at Uni in Scotland and was a paid up (and sometimes falling down) member of the Whisky Tasting Society.

I'd guess that 90% of the time my drink of choice is tea, spot of milk, two sugar.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • Options
    karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Another committed coffee drinker here. I am also a Brit but apart from a couple of 2 year old green tea teabags, I don't usually have the stuff in my home (yuck). Not that redneckronin is wrong - we are a nation of tea drinkers; one of my pet hates is asking visitors to my home if they would like a coffee and having them reply "I'll have a cup of tea if you're putting the kettle on".
  • Options
    groshiegroshie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Water. It's the only "beverage" I drink. Ever. :)
    Rescue in Rainwall, ID: NW-DRQK3HKVV
    Chef's Challenge, ID: NW-DGTKIBVF3
    The Dreamfall Campaign, ID: NWS-DEB7Z9IJC (3 Quests)
    Ogre: For the win!, ID: NW-DR5O3PD63
    Cults and Culture, ID: NW-DCLSFYSQ2
  • Options
    ash4llash4ll Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Drink of preference? Coffee. Most of the time though I drink coke because I'm too lazy to make myself coffee.
    Sometimes wine, but it makes me sleepy and my inventions go to sleep along with my mind.
    Review trades - Need to trade review? Read first post for further info.
    Siegebreaker - NW-DGDPWV2U5 - story about the ambush, escape and great rescue of the city.
    I'm a streamer and I know it!
  • Options
    saerraelsaerrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Coffee or water, here. Now and then a beer, but only while playing, not while making.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Wow... and here I thought I would be the ONLY person who drinks coffee with everyone else drinking Mountain Dew or something... As for the coffee I drink, it's usually one of those Keurig coffees. Pretty expensive, but convenient. :)

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Budweiser. The King of Beers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nimmanunimmanu Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Almost always water, but rarely I will have a nice cool root beer or a warming mug of hot chocolate.

If I'm feeling especially wild and daring and dangerous?? I put some whipped cream on my hot chocolate! ;)
    Breaching the Swarm NW-DUXUHQWNP

Pick your side, take a stand, save--or kill--your former allies.
  • Options
    groshiegroshie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    nimmanu wrote: »
    Almost always water, but rarely I will have a nice cool root beer or a warming mug of hot chocolate.

If I'm feeling especially wild and daring and dangerous?? I put some whipped cream on my hot chocolate! ;)

Now there's courage seldom seen these days!
    Rescue in Rainwall, ID: NW-DRQK3HKVV
    Chef's Challenge, ID: NW-DGTKIBVF3
    The Dreamfall Campaign, ID: NWS-DEB7Z9IJC (3 Quests)
    Ogre: For the win!, ID: NW-DR5O3PD63
    Cults and Culture, ID: NW-DCLSFYSQ2
  • Options
    drnoesisdrnoesis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Coffee mostly, with the occasional red bull.

I could kill for a nice cool root beer though... but I can't get it in my area :(
    ow1b.png
  • Options
    drakesigardrakesigar Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    groshie wrote: »
    Water. It's the only "beverage" I drink. Ever. :)

Same here. And I drink it from the tap like a man, none of this poncy bottled water. :p
    Check out Adventuring College! A 20 minute male-centric comedic solo adventure.
    Quest ID: NW-DPCZNUVQ7
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    groshie wrote: »
    Now there's courage seldom seen these days!

I am the queen of derring-do!
    drnoesis wrote: »
    Coffee mostly, with the occasional red bull.

I could kill for a nice cool root beer though... but I can't get it in my area :(

You, my friend, are a deprived child!

• Options
    anrix2anrix2 Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    According to a couple of my reviews I don't drink when I create Foundries I smoke crack.
    A solo or group hack-n-slash: Mage Masher

A short solo hack-n-slash: The Dirty Dwarf
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    anrix2 wrote: »
    According to a couple of my reviews I don't drink when I create Foundries I smoke crack.

This made me laugh out loud, and now my husband thinks I'm (even more) demented (than before).

EDIT: By the way, you're not the guy who made the cat potty teleporters, are you? Cause if so, the reviewers might be right. ((In fairness, that was a great Foundry, however, so jokes aside, it got a 5 star from me))

• Options
    cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I love coffee, but I only drink it in the morning. I usually don't work on Foundry quests in the morning. ;)

When I do edit I drink water, flavor packets added to water, or sherry. My last bottle of sherry was Pedro Romero's Moscatel. Mmmmm.

lol! Those reviews are the worst. Kids with nothing better to do that cr@p on everyone else.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    A bunch of things:
    Coffee
    Flavored water (we use Mios or similar)
    Beer (not US swill beer, but a variety of stuff we pick up to experiment -- I recently had an Orcadian dark ale (Orkney Islands, Scotland) that was really good)
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    harbingerdrumharbingerdrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Coffee or water while in foundry.
    Occasional Vernor's when feeling burnt on the above.

Jack Single Barrel when NOT going to use the CPU. Don't drink and drive either. (or delve).

Will drink a nice dry red like Chianti if the red sauce is on the food, else sweet tea (no ice, it's a southern thang y'all).

Milk with the light meals.

Reckon that about covers it.
    the Book Binding series by @HarbingerDrum ----> Help Defeat Lolth's Minions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1- 20, 2- 35, 3- 18, 4- 20 min
    Comments to ->
    the Book Binding
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

I've been asked what kind of pot I smoke a few times. As if I'd divulge such information if I did. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    glantorxglantorx Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Drink of preference? Coffee.
  • Options
    antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As a true English gentleman I drink Tea.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    antonkyle wrote: »
    As a true English gentleman I drink Tea.

Fe Fi Fo Fum!

• Options
    zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    When foundrying, water or berry-infused tea. Some late nights working on maps, whiskey. Then things get silly in the Foundry Q&A Ventrilo channel.
  • Options
    cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zovya wrote: »
    Some late nights working on maps, whiskey. Then things get silly in the Foundry Q&A Ventrilo channel.

So that was your fault then! It took hours to calm down the mule and the nun is still cleaning up the mess. Now I can't blame the monkey anymore. Oh, you probably don't remember that do you? ;)
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • Options
    jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I drink Tea or Coffee.

I stand in front of my fridge and think what flavour I am wanting.
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • Options
    runis12runis12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Water, flavored water, tea, coffee, Kahlua with milk :)
  • Options
    delthanindelthanin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Used to be Coke or Mt Dew. Lately, just water. Really need to cut back on the soda. I tend to drink a lot when working at the computer, more so than away, so that + soda is a really bad mix.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    delthanin wrote: »
    Used to be Coke or Mt Dew. Lately, just water. Really need to cut back on the soda. I tend to drink a lot when working at the computer, more so than away, so that + soda is a really bad mix.

I stepped away from soda long ago after learning that drinking enough of that stuff would eat away at your teeth... O_O

• Options
    sourcreamkingsourcreamking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

A&W I presume?

I usually go for extreme amounts of Coca Cola and a sip or two of Cough Syrup. :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The entire campaign can be found here: NWS-DQS27OINC

Individual quests:
    1. Heeding the Call - NW-DMJCDZ5XJ
    2. Bored of the Rings - NW-DFWE3XR6W
    3. Draconian Ways - NW-DUNZEJG2J
    4. When All is Said and Done... - Look at the picture ;)
  • Options
    mytgroomytgroo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Coffee in the morning, seltzer at night.
  • Options
    mrthebozermrthebozer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    EDIT: By the way, you're not the guy who made the cat potty teleporters, are you? Cause if so, the reviewers might be right. ((In fairness, that was a great Foundry, however, so jokes aside, it got a 5 star from me))

Hahah - that was me, and the reviews for that quest are far from the first time I've been accused of this. I don't know if the fact that I've never touched so much as a cigarette in my life makes these theories better or worse. But if it gets me five stars, I'll take it either way. (Also, thank you for that.) That said, some of my favorite reviews have been regarding what the player was on at the time, not what I was on when I wrote it.

Back to the topic, my fuel of choice is whatever dark blend of coffee I have handy at the time. No real loyalties to a specific flavor, brand, or quality - it just needs to be present and in abundance.
    c447.png