Options

Rogue Fix Needed - I like this game and dont want it to fail

2»

Comments

• Options
    huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    kiadannah wrote: »
    ok. first. I mentioned to a few people that I would go sentinel path on my gwf to test it. Others ran with it, one posted on forums like an idiot. Here is a secret, 3 feats work on sentinel path, the others are broken somehow. Even last feat, doesn't give defense bonus. Surprised?
    TR's can oneshot you in unstoppable, even if youa re at full health. Also a tr can walk up to four people, oneshot 3 of them, and smoke the fourth. Ive seen it done.
    full defensive gwf, sorry to say, is hitting max 10k, with full str primary, and con secondary.
    what you encountered there is a full specced rogue with perfect enchantments and rank10s...EVERY CLASS WITH THOSE STUFF CAN ONESHOT ANYONE

thats not a rogue problem, thats a gear problem

and if they didnt have those items, then youre lying...fact
  • Options
    sheyjinsheyjin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ok I play a TR.. As far as being OP'd.. we are not. Persay. It is the Enchants that people put on their gear. Rank 9's and The Teneb's make it were a TR can do all that DMG.. as far as a Perma Stealth TR.. I do agree there needs to be some type of fix. i.e they come out of stealth when they attack..

This is just my 2 cents worth..
  • Options
    chipsterchipster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I bet you guys never seen the REAL TR. 1 hit 80% gone, another hit and you're gone.. What a cool class!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    chipster wrote: »
    I bet you guys never seen the REAL TR. 1 hit 80% gone, another hit and you're gone.. What a cool class!

could say the same about GWF, GF and CW :)
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    huckaseven wrote: »
    could say the same about GWF, GF and CW :)

See this is where you lie. Please explain how a CW produces that same result from two encounters. It doesnt happen.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    since 99% of all rogues cant do that either with just 2 encounters, there is nothing to add :)
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    since 99% of all rogues cant do that either with just 2 encounters, there is nothing to add :)

Lol it happens all the time. How can you keep saying it doesnt. Rogues 2 shot from stealth all the time.

You play the game right?
  • Options
    xpertzxxxxpertzxxx Member Posts: 96
    edited July 2013

Agreed. It takes my TR 12 hits to kill someone!
    Wtf is a Molon Labe?

- Tiduss -

(OoS)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    it only happens when the rogue outgears you by alot

tbh, i dont care that you suck as much that you get 2 shotted by everyone but thats not a problem with the class, thats a problem with your char
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    "Ow snap, a class has beaten me in PvP... Well! better post on forums to get it nerfed!"
  • Options
    jaiavjaiav Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    TBH - I hate PVP. I don't think it serves a place in MMOs like Neverwinter. It will always be gear based - a character that outgears you WILL own you, provided the class isn't completely broken. Also, all PVP does is cause idiots to jump on the forums and scream for classes to get the nerf bat. Those PVP players that come whining for nerfs always seem to forget that quite often those nerfs will screw that class out of their usefulness in PVE, since a lot of games (this one included) don't have the foresight to make it so that mechanics for PVE and PVP are separate enough to allow for nerfs/buffs in PVP to exclude PVE. Believe it or not, NPCs in this game have a LOT of health, and high DPS on classes like the GWF (AE, mostly) and the TR are necessary to kill them in anything resembling a reasonable amount of time. Every time a class gets their DPS nerfed, it's going to take longer or become even more difficult to get that 'uber loot' you guys want to make your PVP more interesting (if your class has better PVE gear than PVP gear for doing PVP). Not to mention bosses like the Spider Queen can become nearly impossible to do, since she heals herself nearly constantly for more health than any single character can deal damage; at least, in my experience it takes at least two members of the party to keep her from just spamming herself to full.

Anyways, rant, bark bark, grrr, PVP nerfs affect PVE, blah blah blah, I don't -care- about PVP balance, it screws up PVE blah blah blah.

(Disclaimer: I have never once entered PVP in Neverwinter, and I am NEVER going to. If I want PVP, I'll go find a game where gear has absolutely no bearing on the outcome.)
    <insert text here>
  • Options
    teng3nteng3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    cinj216 wrote: »
    When fighting GWFs as a TR, if I come at you with Lurker's Assault active, I will win out 90% of the time. If I don't, the GWF will beat me to a quivering pulp 90% of the time. Depending on the flow of the match, it will usually take me a minute or two to recover my AP. Therefore, the GWF has an edge on me the majority of the time.*

Obviously, my experiences are not typical of every player, but I can assure you that most rogues will not 2-shot you except under very specific circumstances unless your gear and spec is extremely unsuited to PvP in.

As stated, I have an opposite situation of having a very hard time against GWF on my TR, but not once have I ever cried about it or used it as an excuse why the class should be nerfed. From everything I've seen, GWFs are a very dominating class in PvP. There is obviously something you're doing wrong if you're having such difficulties. Take your licks and learn from them or cry about your defeats and never improve.

*Should be noted I'm not even specced or geared for PvP at all. Not sure how much bearing that has on my comment, but I'm mentioning it anyway just in case.

This. The only time you are being 1-2 shot as a GWF is when the rogue has his daily, Lurker's Assault, up. As far as doing that much damage while invisible is absurd. I've had GF walk straight to me while I'm stealthed only to punt me back against a wall, or a GWF who turns around as I'm about to Thrashing and pins me to the ground. You just have to keep you eyes open and you'll see us. Also keep in mind rogues are the only pure DPS class in the game. They're supposed to hurt. As soon as you get hit by the rogues opener you should be popping Unstoppable(Which gives you 50% irreducible dmg mitigation), and unless the rogue severely out gears you, you'll likely still win.

You could also not be geared/spec for survivability. Have you tried the Titan set? I dread facing a tank geared GWF. They hurt and I do terrible damage to them.
  • Options
    ambrosia10ambrosia10 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What's up with everyone complaining about the Rogues? Hello? You can pull out Unstoppable, face a whole team and still live and crank out some heavy damage. And you want us Rogues to be nerfed? Learn to play before you ask to reduce our damage.
  • Options
    krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jaiav wrote: »
    TBH - I hate PVP. I don't think it serves a place in MMOs like Neverwinter. It will always be gear based - a character that outgears you WILL own you, provided the class isn't completely broken. Also, all PVP does is cause idiots to jump on the forums and scream for classes to get the nerf bat. Those PVP players that come whining for nerfs always seem to forget that quite often those nerfs will screw that class out of their usefulness in PVE, since a lot of games (this one included) don't have the foresight to make it so that mechanics for PVE and PVP are separate enough to allow for nerfs/buffs in PVP to exclude PVE. Believe it or not, NPCs in this game have a LOT of health, and high DPS on classes like the GWF (AE, mostly) and the TR are necessary to kill them in anything resembling a reasonable amount of time. Every time a class gets their DPS nerfed, it's going to take longer or become even more difficult to get that 'uber loot' you guys want to make your PVP more interesting (if your class has better PVE gear than PVP gear for doing PVP). Not to mention bosses like the Spider Queen can become nearly impossible to do, since she heals herself nearly constantly for more health than any single character can deal damage; at least, in my experience it takes at least two members of the party to keep her from just spamming herself to full.

Anyways, rant, bark bark, grrr, PVP nerfs affect PVE, blah blah blah, I don't -care- about PVP balance, it screws up PVE blah blah blah.

(Disclaimer: I have never once entered PVP in Neverwinter, and I am NEVER going to. If I want PVP, I'll go find a game where gear has absolutely no bearing on the outcome.)

Here is the actual reality to what you are trying to complain about.

Pvp is not pve. What does that mean, it means you actually have to adapt to changing techniques but people like you are not capable of doing this. Which is why you hate pvp. It is too unpredictable to you, and that is why you would rather fight mindless monster AI because it always behaves the same way every time.

Removing gear makes gear finding pointless and not only that but it would delete content from the game. I have beat players who had better gear than me in pvp. That is because I adapt and don't assume some character "build" site is the solution to make the best pvp character. No. You need to learn how the enemy behaves and quickly adapt tactics, if you can't do this, then you suck at pvp and you might as well just go fight computer monster AI and stop complaining about pvp.
  • Options
    meeggtoastmeeggtoast Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I hit 35k Lashings on people with full pvp gears...... wait thats because im a fully geared 12k rogue with rank 8s in everything..... maybe theres a 4k difference in Gear Score, instead of rogues being overpowered? Equally geared Rogues are free food for gwfs. I can prove it to you with my 10.5k gwf who destroys 12k rogues no problem... lol 7 tene + sentinel gwf eats all other classes for food in pvp.
    Nevermore@meeggtoast 12.2 BiS TR
    Lanaya@meeggtoast 13.4 BiS GWF
    Shendelzare@meeggtoast 11.2k CN mule CW

Server: Dragon
    Stream: meeggtoast
    Guide: Meeggtoast's Destroyer Dps Guide
  • Options
    kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    ambrosia10 wrote: »
    What's up with everyone complaining about the Rogues? Hello? You can pull out Unstoppable, face a whole team and still live and crank out some heavy damage. And you want us Rogues to be nerfed? Learn to play before you ask to reduce our damage.

TBH, I don't think its that many people, I think its more of a loud minority that don't want to adapt. If you really look, most of the anti TR posts are by the same people.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    TBH, I don't think its that many people, I think its more of a loud majority that don't want to adapt. If you really look, most of the anti TR posts are by the same people.

i guess you mean the loud minority, not the majority ;)
  • Options
    jaiavjaiav Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    krumple01 wrote: »
    Here is the actual reality to what you are trying to complain about.

Pvp is not pve. What does that mean, it means you actually have to adapt to changing techniques but people like you are not capable of doing this. Which is why you hate pvp. It is too unpredictable to you, and that is why you would rather fight mindless monster AI because it always behaves the same way every time.

Removing gear makes gear finding pointless and not only that but it would delete content from the game. I have beat players who had better gear than me in pvp. That is because I adapt and don't assume some character "build" site is the solution to make the best pvp character. No. You need to learn how the enemy behaves and quickly adapt tactics, if you can't do this, then you suck at pvp and you might as well just go fight computer monster AI and stop complaining about pvp.

I don't like PVP because of people like you, or, at least, the elitest attitude that assumes that people who don't like what you like are automatically inferior or less important/valid to/than you doesn't help.
    <insert text here>
  • Options
    chaosreborn720chaosreborn720 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As a rogue I agree with the fact that we should NOT be nerfed. This game is designed around pve. PVP is thrown in just for fun really. I mostly just play PVP myself but I know how important it is for our class to deal dmg. That insane 35k crit that everyone is complaining about is barely 1-2% of some bosses health. Yea I know it sucks to be one shot but its what our class does. It deals damage. I personally avoid most GWFs and GFs because they are just way to much of a hassle at times. So before you complain that the pure damage class does waaaay too much dmg think about what this game is actually meant for.

Also side note each class excels at something in PVP:
    Astral shield is annoying as <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, unstoppable is amazing, knockdowns are the strongest CC in the game, and an extra dodge and long range goes a long way to keeping you alive.
  • Options
    utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jaiav wrote: »
    I don't like PVP because of people like you, or, at least, the elitest attitude that assumes that people who don't like what you like are automatically inferior or less important/valid to/than you doesn't help.

He did make some valid points.

In PvP, you need to have a different awareness. Players are not like mindless AI. They do have tactics and always try to take on any mistake you make. Thus, aside of gears, you have to outsmart other players and punish their mistakes.

PvE skills set might be useless in PvP too. One solution wont work for all situations.

In my opinion, the learning curve in PvP might be higher than PvE since AI do not change their tactics, most players do. In PvE, mobs just rush to you mindlessly, players would wait at a corner then ambush you. Situations in PvP are also more various than PvE. For example, one smart push could change the tide of the match. Thus, you have to change to adapt much more frequently in PvP.
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    utuwer wrote: »
    In PvP, you need to have a different awareness. QUOTE]

/setGFXDefaultFOV xx

with xx ranging from 60 to 100 or so depending on your screen. People would literally see a lot more when they do this and you're seriously gimping yourself for pvp when you don't.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    yerune wrote: »
    utuwer wrote: »
    In PvP, you need to have a different awareness. QUOTE]

/setGFXDefaultFOV xx

with xx ranging from 60 to 100 or so depending on your screen. People would literally see a lot more when they do this and you're seriously gimping yourself for pvp when you don't.
    that doesnt help though when you stand still while a rogue uses flurry on you ;)
    imo its unbelievable that those people still exist...and then they complain about the damage
  • Options
    utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yerune wrote: »
    that doesnt help though when you stand still while a rogue uses flurry on you ;)
    imo its unbelievable that those people still exist...and then they complain about the damage

Yep, I found it is super hilarious whenever I see a CW or a cleric look at a rogue going stealth from 80 feet away, yet they just stay still like a dummy at the node waiting for rogue hitting them. Sometimes, I advise them to use AoE in front of them, or at least keep moving. Sadly, most of them are too busy with typing "<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> rogues" to do things to avoid getting owned.

My to-do list:
    Preparation time:
    -Check classes in both my team and other team

Match begin:
    -Look up to higher location like pillars and bridge
    -Check choke point like stairs and gates
    -Listen to the sound of mount and the sound making by rogues going stealth.
    -Off mount whenever capping node.
    -Start running away when seeing a rogue going stealth, then dodge after 2 seconds.
    -Run away like a coward when seeing 2 or 3 rushing at me from 100 feet away,
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • Options
    kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    i guess you mean the loud minority, not the majority ;)

corrected, sorry was tired when I typed that.