test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Improvements to the foundry are needed.

herbie1347herbie1347 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I love the foundry part of this game. But I would like to see some improvements to the foundry catalog page.

1. We need some type of history tab of passed foundry missions played.

2. An easier way to scroll through the new/for review mission. I like to help out the people that take the time to make content.

3. Give us maximum duration in the search filter.

4. Maybe even break the quest up into categories like, Hack-n-Slash, Story heavy, RP, ect...

5. A favorites tab. "Thanks Runebane"

Here are some other things I would like to see also, but are not related to the foundry catalog page.

A. Lower the time a foundry quest is needed to receive the daily quest completion. I believe it is set at 15 minutes currently. A 10 minute quest should be long enough to complete the quest requirements.

B. Lower the Daily quest requirements. To maybe 2 quests at max level. As it stands right now it just takes too long to do 4, 15+ minute quest a day to complete that quest. Some of us want to review/play the UGC, but can't make that kinda time requirement to complete the quest.

C. Give us a reason to review missions! Just so we're clear, I'm talking about missions under the "For Review" tab. I don't believe we get anything for doing this... Maybe a daily for playing and reviewing a foundry mission under the "For Review" tab? The requirements for doing this needs to be low if you do this, like one quest a day for something like 1000AD.

Thanks for reading:cool:
Post edited by herbie1347 on

Comments

• ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I can certainly agree with you on point C, as an aspiring foundry author myself, it is extremely difficult to convince others to play and review my work so that I can get feedback and make improvements.

However, I cannot agree on the first two points, yes, 4 foundries is a little time consuming, but its not that bad really.. as to the duration, I don't have any problem with it, the line has to be somewhere, and 15 minutes is fair. After all, a long time ago in a galaxy far far away, we had "investigate officer reports" over in star trek online, and that was to do 3 foundry missions, and the foundry event lasted an hour then, so it could easily have been 20 minutes. 15 is a good value, and I like it.
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Honestly, there is no incentive to do Foundry quests during the event, especially once you're required to do four of them for your daily. (Exception: levelling companions, but even this you can basically do with invocation and leadership.)

I need less experience, not more. I've learned that lesson all too well. I'll do Foundry stuff any time but while the event is running.

I can understand not having time to spend four hours on your daily, but what's the big incentive for trying to pack all four quests into a single hour? Do three short ones and a long one, or sacrifice a few ADs and spread your "daily" out over several days, so as to experience more content.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • herbie1347herbie1347 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Honestly, there is no incentive to do Foundry quests during the event, especially once you're required to do four of them for your daily. (Exception: levelling companions, but even this you can basically do with invocation and leadership.)

I need less experience, not more. I've learned that lesson all too well. I'll do Foundry stuff any time but while the event is running.

I can understand not having time to spend four hours on your daily, but what's the big incentive for trying to pack all four quests into a single hour? Do three short ones and a long one, or sacrifice a few ADs and spread your "daily" out over several days, so as to experience more content.

Time is pressed during the week. As it stands right now I know I don't have the time to do them so I don't even try. But still if they don't fix that item, the other stuff would be nice to see.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    herbie1347 wrote: »
    1. We need some type of history tab of passed foundry missions played.

That'd be nice. I'd also like a favorites list. So I could mark foundry missions I like to replay a lot. Subscribing just isn't the same. To much clutter. Kind of wondered why subscribing isn't account wide though. If I like someone's stuff enough to subscribe on one character, I'd like it on my others as well.
    A. Lower the time a foundry quest is needed to receive the daily quest completion. I believe it is set at 15 minutes currently. A 10 minute quest should be long enough to complete the quest requirements.

B. Lower the Daily quest requirements. To maybe 2 quests at max level. As it stands right now it just takes too long to do 4, 15+ minute quest a day to complete that quest. Some of us want to review/play the UGC, but can't make that kinda time requirement to complete the quest.

Not sure on this. I think it needs a more complex change than just cutting the time. I thought 15 minutes was fine, till I started doing the level 60 daily. 4 of them at 15 minutes plus each seems kind of long. But I'd hate to see them cut the 4K diamonds down if they reduced it. However, people are now grouping up to speed run through foundry missions with 15 minutes estimated time. And getting them done in less than 5. I think they need to take a closer look at how the stuff is timed this way. Maybe lowering the solo limit, but putting in an average group time or something. IDK.

Everything else I agree with 100%.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • herbie1347herbie1347 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    That'd be nice. I'd also like a favorites list. So I could mark foundry missions I like to replay a lot. Subscribing just isn't the same. To much clutter. Kind of wondered why subscribing isn't account wide though. If I like someone's stuff enough to subscribe on one character, I'd like it on my others as well.

Yes, there you go a favorites tab also. I can't always remember the name of past quest played. It would be nice to have a box that pops up after the quest is done, "Add to Favorites" or something like that.
  • cinj216cinj216 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I can definitely agree with improving the For Review system. One day I didn't have nothing else to do and I figured I'd finally get around to checking that out after they fixed the problem it had (trying to fill the page with all the quests at once and lagging your game out, for those unaware). Well, now it only loads a small number, but you there's no way to "change page", no way to search them, nothing. I ended up with a page full of junk not intended for play (tests, personal use stuff, etc.).

That really needs to be sorted out.

As for reward, it would probably be nice if it would count towards daily foundry despite it's play time. I'm not sure what the criteria is that makes a quest not under review anymore, so I don't know if this would be exploitable or not but I would figure after so many plays it would be moved. Maybe require that people actually review it (score and comment) and only if you've never played the quest before. I imagine that'd help a lot of authors out and get good content out there that'd probably be overlooked otherwise.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    cinj216 wrote: »
    I can definitely agree with improving the For Review system. One day I didn't have nothing else to do and I figured I'd finally get around to checking that out after they fixed the problem it had (trying to fill the page with all the quests at once and lagging your game out, for those unaware). Well, now it only loads a small number, but you there's no way to "change page", no way to search them, nothing. I ended up with a page full of junk not intended for play (tests, personal use stuff, etc.).

That really needs to be sorted out.

As for reward, it would probably be nice if it would count towards daily foundry despite it's play time. I'm not sure what the criteria is that makes a quest not under review anymore, so I don't know if this would be exploitable or not but I would figure after so many plays it would be moved. Maybe require that people actually review it (score and comment) and only if you've never played the quest before. I imagine that'd help a lot of authors out and get good content out there that'd probably be overlooked otherwise.

I believe it's 35 plays and an average 3.5 to 4 star rating.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Time is pressed during the week. As it stands right now I know I don't have the time to do them so I don't even try. But still if they don't fix that item, the other stuff would be nice to see.

That's why I suggest spreading it out. Accept a "daily" and then take 4 or 5 days to do it. If you insist on maximizing your ability to earn those precious ADs every single day, then don't complain about never getting to see anything new. That's your decision.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited July 2013
    just saying it would be nice to get at least 2 dailies done in one day.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What I would like to see is some incentive to do foundries at all at level 60. I had hoped there would be an endless stream of new content that I would enjoy, but the sad fact is that *good* foundry quests are rare, and there is no motivation to do those more than once.

I don't need the xp - not for myself, or for my companions - the dropped items are not really worth my time - there are no resource nodes so in short the reward/work ratio is just too low.

Also, the foundries seem to have a problem with difficulty scaling ... foundry quests that were of appropriate difficulty when I was level 20 are now pretty hard.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I love the foundry part of this game. But I would like to see some improvements to the foundry catalog page.

I would too, but I'd rather see massive work done on the Foundry tools themselves as a priority.
    3. Give us maximum duration in the search filter.

If you ask for that, might want to have a minimum duration as well for the rest of us.
    4. Maybe even break the quest up into categories like, Hack-n-Slash, Story heavy, RP, ect...

Indeed. We've been asking for meta-tags for a long, long time.

I disagree. If you're having trouble doing a 15 minute Foundry quest, then there are other issues here. What they need to do instead is to increase the incentive for doing the Foundry quest daily, especially at end-game when mobs are more challenging and quests take even longer. Or better scaling.

And increase the final chest reward for Foundry missions that go on much longer than 15 minutes.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
    edited July 2013
    Anything new to add?