test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

once again you pvp'ers ruin my fun

crystal7jcrystal7j Member Posts: 13 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I've had it waiting around forever for a dungeon or skirmish yet less the .3 seconds to get in a pvp. It's obvious that's all this game is good for now. No one will bother to form up a party anymore. Think I'll go throw all my slave-for-assdiamonds pvp matches in retribution to you all not bothering to skirmish anymore.
Post edited by crystal7j on

Comments

• rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well at 60 the sole skirmish we get sucks so I don't ever do that. I am leveling another character and have experienced long wait times though once you hit Helms Hold and beyond. This also happened with my first character 2 months ago so I'm not sure what's going on. I doubt everyone is in PvP matches though.

And I don't really queue for dungeons because a lot of pickup groups end up sucking and tend to have people leave after the first party wipe or two. I'd rather not waste an hour of my time.
  • adhal81adhal81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Your waiting in a dungeon/skirmish que because the que requires a DC and a GF, PvP que does not. If you don't like the waits roll one of those classes and quit trying to blame pvpers for your wait time, or join a guild, or form a group in zone chat.

The only thing limiting you is laziness.
  • jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    adhal81 wrote: »
    Your waiting in a dungeon/skirmish que because the que requires a DC and a GF, PvP que does not. If you don't like the waits roll one of those classes and quit trying to blame pvpers for your wait time, or join a guild, or form a group in zone chat.

So, you're explaining why this happens to him, then call him lazy? If you thought he was being lazy, then why the need to explain at all? Not everyone knows everything about the game. Every single day I read posts from someone like you. I bet you wouldn't have the stones to say any of this to ANYONE'S face, if they were standing in front of you.

You could have stopped at your first line, and the op would have understood. But, you had to throw the rest in there. How does it feel to make someone else feel bad, due to your own insecurities?

Yes, I would say all of this to your face if you were in front of me.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • rondacherondache Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Your waiting in a dungeon/skirmish que because the que requires a DC and a GF, PvP que does not.
    While this fact is absolutely right, the fact that this game launched with only one tank and one healer class, in an (MMO) age where most newer games allow players to be anything at any time, is either a sign of an incredibly tight budget, or incredibly poor game design. The fact that they actually split the fighter class from D&D in to two classes, instead of allowing people to simply roll fighter and be a tank or DPS as they wish, tells me that it is more a case of poor design decisions than tight budget.

We need both the Warlord and Paladin class from D&D 4 in this game, as both could both could be added in a way where they can fill multiple roles.

Fact is though, in regards to the OP, any game that requires both a tank and a healer in a 5 man group will see DPS characters having excessively long queue times for PvE content. The only system I have ever seen to combat this is to have groups of 8 - 10 instead of 5, as it lowers the ratio of tanks and healers to DPS needed for everyone to get groups. Sadly, that involves a lot of work in re-balancing the dungeons.

I'll be honest, a lot about this game seems more like it is a product of a new development company staffed with pre-grad students, as their first attempt at an MMO, rather than an offering from an experienced developer and even more experienced publisher.
  • ashensnowashensnow Member Posts: 2,215 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So, you're explaining why this happens to him, then call him lazy? If you thought he was being lazy, then why the need to explain at all? Not everyone knows everything about the game. Every single day I read posts from someone like you. I bet you wouldn't have the stones to say any of this to ANYONE'S face, if they were standing in front of you.

You could have stopped at your first line, and the op would have understood. But, you had to throw the rest in there. How does it feel to make someone else feel bad, due to your own insecurities?

Yes, I would say all of this to your face if you were in front of me.

The OP created a thread specifically to throw stones at others and threatened to try to ruin other peoples' enjoyment of the game...and you are apparently more worried about how others respond than to the vitriol and threats ?

Nice priorities.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ashensnow wrote: »
    The OP created a thread specifically to throw stones at others and threatened to try to ruin other peoples' enjoyment of the game...and you are apparently more worried about how others respond than to the vitriol and threats ?

Nice priorities.

Yeah, seems he's not speaking with sarcasm, indirectly talking about the bad skirmish and dungeon systems that Cryptic has in place. Maybe I picked up on sarcasm that wasn't there?

Do you know the meaning of the word "vitrol" besides something you read numerous times on the internet?
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • skarsysskarsys Member, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

The same happens on my tank, healer and dps, just fyi.
  • ashensnowashensnow Member Posts: 2,215 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, seems he's not speaking with sarcasm, indirectly talking about the bad skirmish and dungeon systems that Cryptic has in place. Maybe I picked up on sarcasm that wasn't there?

Do you know the meaning of the word "vitrol" besides something you read numerous times on the internet?

I've never seen vitriol used on the internet. I do know its meaning and used it accordingly.

Sarcastic criticism of game systems should probably not target players for abuse. Ultimately the OP did not label his post as sarcasm but did post in an inflammatory manner targeting a group of players, including an indication of intent to actively seek to impair others' ability to enjoy the game.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • sh4dowrunn3rsh4dowrunn3r Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013

It's waiting for GF and they are all in PvP :P. Maybe after they get nerfed lol.
  • cinj216cinj216 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I do whatever's fun. For now, PvP is fun for me, while Dungeons feel like a chore and a massive waste of time. Apparently, a lot of people feel the same way.

Sorry to hear about your crushing realization that the world doesn't revolve around you, OP.
  • tapp3rtapp3r Member Posts: 46
    edited July 2013
    crystal7j wrote: »
    I've had it waiting around forever for a dungeon or skirmish yet less the .3 seconds to get in a pvp. It's obvious that's all this game is good for now. No one will bother to form up a party anymore. Think I'll go throw all my slave-for-assdiamonds pvp matches in retribution to you all not bothering to skirmish anymore.

And you ruin our PvP, you idiot.

But then you use your tiny, tiny raisin sized brain and realize - ****, it's Cryptic and Perfect World who's behind this game and it's changes, not the gamers.
    Please sell your computer and cancel your internet subscription.
  • rortierortie Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Wow, and some PvP'ers wonder why they have a bad name. In my experience, the people with that attitude usually end up either broke or in "investment banking".

I don't PvP anymore because of just this sort of response. I also lament the difficulty in forming a decent co-operate party for a dungeon or quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Young people....." - Erik Lehnsherr
  • rishzothrishzoth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tapp3r wrote: »
    And you ruin our PvP, you idiot.

But then you use your tiny, tiny raisin sized brain and realize - ****, it's Cryptic and Perfect World who's behind this game and it's changes, not the gamers.
    Please sell your computer and cancel your internet subscription.

Lol...

/10chars

• crystal7jcrystal7j Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The OP has not had any problem getting in a dungeon or skirmish until now. The OP had to wait in a queue for PvP for the same length of time as dungeons and skirmishes for the last 41 levels. All of a sudden no one wants anything else except PvP. I've seen less enthusiasm from drug addicts. You don't care about anything else! And you admit it on this forums and in game.

I understand no one doing Wolf's Den or whatever it's called. That dungeon sucks the boss is off the scales. No one wants to invest an hour to find out your team doesn't have what it takes to bring him down. Waste of time that dungeon is. But there's no hope of getting in my daily skirmish. Bad mechanics on cryp's part or not does not excuse this attitude I see of "I'm gonna pvp till I'm 60 and nothing else!" The skirmish I got, arena something, is not hard, bad, or time consuming. Yet I no long see anyone queing up for it. But PvP takes no time at all to join. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what every one has decided to do with this game.

I'm not bashing I'm stating a fact. Games should go PvE only there just isn't room for both of us. PvP'ers will always consume a game and take away from us PvE'ers.
  • cinj216cinj216 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ^ I'm sure you're real fun in groups. Your post is nothing more than a self-entitled rant. You're probably the kind of guy that every group dreads: thinks he's hot ****, hard-headed and refuses to take any direction.

Maybe it never occurred to you that many people still do dungeons, they just don't PUG for them if they can help it because they don't want someone like you polluting their group.
  • xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    PvP has been ruining MMOs for at least 10 years running.
    Thought everyone knew that.
    edited July 2013
    xunxan wrote: »
    Truth.

Warhammer would have been a great MMO if it weren't for PvP (well, it would have at least been good). AoC could have been exceptional as well.

IMO the only game that has got PvP right in the last 10 years was EQ2. When the game launched, it simply wasn't there. They added it in a few years later after they got PvE sorted out to a semi-acceptable standard. Then they basically said to the community "you have PvP now, but don't expect us to ever alter PvE for the sake of PvP, because as far as we are concerned, PvP is a sideshow".

Strangely, that game had the best PvE of any MMO I have ever played, and probably the second or third best PvP.
  • tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You're complaining because you have to wait for a blind PUG? WoW much?
  • osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    EQ2 actually separated their PVE from their PVP with everything having two stats and conditions. One was for the pve, the other for pvp. That way they can balance pvp without ever effecting pve, and pve adjustments would never change the pvp stats. Why none of these newer mmo's copied this is beyond reason. Maybe it's difficult for them to code in?
    edited July 2013
    osiabunny wrote: »
    EQ2 actually separated their PVE from their PVP with everything having two stats and conditions.
    Yeah, they did that with a few stats, mostly stats that have an effect on crits (offensively or defensively) and damage reduction. They also treated CC effects in PvP in a totally different manner to how it works in PvE, which is another major thing this game needs. The immunity to control effects when an effect wears off (basically, if you are stunned, when the stun wears off you are immune to stuns for 30 seconds or so, but freezes and dazes and such can still affect you, though you can still become immune to them in the same way).

Basically, it would seem Cryptic developed this game in a bubble, and took no notice of the advancements and improvements other developers have made to the MMO genre over the last, well, forever.
  • alaerickalaerick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    xunxan wrote: »

And here I thought it was the other way around... Stupid grinds to keep overly sensitive PVEers happy with new levels and gears and pretty <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to do once and complain there's nothing to do.. ruins pvpers games.

What was I thinking.. those pvpers who are willing to play with the tiniest of content time allocation and be happy are the root of all evil.

/sigh

I hate "pvers" who hate "pvpers" worst of the worst in any game. Most pvpers are better pvers than the best self proclaimed pvers.
    A beautiful death awaits you...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Foundry-
    Campaign: The Battle of Neverwinter - NWS-DOQXFA4ZD
    Prologue: A not so simple plan - NW-DCJG75B9D
  • ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    To be blunt, everybody could go into pvp, with the same armour, the same weapons, the same skills available, and still there would be a portion of the population that would find some reason to complain that the balance wasn't fair and that someone was more equal than everyone else.

Nobody will ever be happy with pvp.. its a fact of life..
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • alaerickalaerick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    ceryndrion wrote: »
    To be blunt, everybody could go into pvp, with the same armour, the same weapons, the same skills available, and still there would be a portion of the population that would find some reason to complain that the balance wasn't fair and that someone was more equal than everyone else.

Nobody will ever be happy with pvp.. its a fact of life..
    No one will ever be happy with PVE either. It's a fact of life.. The bosses will always be too hard for some to easy for others, yadda, yadda. Stop with the one sided bull**** please. I don't give a rats *** if you are a moderator here spewing anti-pvp hate is really bad form.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Foundry-
  • ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    At what point was I spewing anything anti-pvp, all I was saying was that it doesn't matter how balanced you make things, people will always complain.
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The reason PVP pops fast is cause half of the players doing PVP matches are bots.
    Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
    edited July 2013
    ceryndrion wrote: »
    At what point was I spewing anything anti-pvp, all I was saying was that it doesn't matter how balanced you make things, people will always complain.

And I turned it all right around on you about PVE. I did not see you pointing out how people will never be happy with games in general. No you singled out PVP with a nice paragraph to explain why you are so right that no one will ever be happy with it. Shouldn't moderators be unbiased in how they interact with the community?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Foundry-
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    . . . . . This thread is done. Please find more constructive ways to express one's opinions. There never is a need to threaten or insult. If one cannot discuss and debate/argue without using vulgar language and insults, then these forums are not the place for you.

Rules of Conduct

You may not use the Neverwinter Forums to:
    4. Harass, threaten, verbally abuse PWE as an entity along with its staffers, representatives and all registered users through any and all available channels (forums posts, PMs, in-game chat, etc.).

No trolling, or flaming.
    Any form of personal insult will not be tolerated. General rule of thumb: if you think that what you are about to post is insulting, don't post it.

No mouthing off at staff.

If you have questions or concerns about a thread or post, please direct these to the forum mods and admins via PM.
This discussion has been closed.