test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rogue Fix Needed - I like this game and dont want it to fail

glacialruinglacialruin Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Thieves' Den
This game has been pretty balanced in PVP from what I have seen until recently. Rouges have been 2 shoting people and in some cases 1 shoting them. I have a well geared GWF With full PVP gear and PVP build. Over the last couple days I have been 2 shoted by rouges and that is insane. One of them took 80% of my HP on his opener from stealth.
I have played pvp oriented MMO's for about 7 years and placed in competitive arena in wow for the last 3 (I played quite 1.5 years ago). Please don't get on the same road as they did with class imbalance. This game is far better than wow from what I have seen so far and I would hate to see players rage quit your game do the simple fix that this could be. I don't ask that rouges be beaten to death with the nerf bat but there opener's need toned down in PVP a bit.
TY
Post edited by glacialruin on

Comments

• huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    so you suck at PVP and thus want someone pwning you nerfed?
    hint: GWF > TR currently, if you still lose against one, then its not them beeing Op, but the problem is on your end of the stick

get better at the game, learn how it works and learn how to play vs certain classes and you will own everything since youre playing GWF
  • linusgorplinusgorp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 47
    edited July 2013
    If there is a single broken class in pvp, its gwf..

Seriously, you can pop your unstoppable every freaking 3 seconds, get temporary health points and whatnot, can just stand around while being hacked on by an *entire team* and still out heal them (broken feat, yes I know) and you complain about rogues being op?

Your class deals easily the same damage in pvp, can tank a whole team alone (gf's can't do that), run like a rabbit and still come here to ask for rogues being nerfed?

1. You're a ****ing offtank. Now play one and don't go damage only and complain about having **** damage resistance.
    2. A rogues job *is* to kill targets. The class is good for that and nothing more. We can go in, deal insane damage and get killed in less than a second (it hurts so much to be focused by the entire enemy team).

Ok, I better stop the rant now.. Excuse the harsh language, but it had to be said.
  • inexgravinexgrav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    just need nerf GFW and Rogues.

GF semi-op

cw-dc trash in pvp
    pukmp.jpg
  • rethophisrethophis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 71
    edited July 2013
    GWF fully tank specced do lousy DPS and that is balanced enough. Rogues can still one-two shot them with tenebrous or some lucky hits and if they do, GWF cannot enter unstoppable.
    Known as Zerkul on DDO forums I]Ryumajin, Zavarthak, Leohands of Cannith[/I, look for me on YouTube.
  • justkazjustkaz Member Posts: 67
    edited July 2013
    GWF is broken beyond belief in Sentinel spec with Regen gear plus 6 or 7 Greater Tenebrous. This QQ thread is too funny, especially coming from a GWF. Shows how terrible of a player someone has to be to whine about Rogues when GWFs and GFs are the 2 most OP flavor of the month classes right now.
  • pyroknight777pyroknight777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    T^T Seriously?!People are still complaining about rogues :(?!Come on,we have already been nerfed tremendously and you guys got buffed up and we managed to get around the nerf...The last thing we need is another nerf to make our class,utterly useless!I do understand that "1-shot" and "2-shot" kills are annoying but you should try using our class against a GWF...Im a stealth rogue and can 1 shot kill CWs,DCs,and TRs with Lashing Blade...GFs and GWFs are classes I stay away from...A GF with a good build can block all my attack's power while a GWF can: Heal from my attack and then destroy me.Rogues are the most fun class to play currently(from what i can tell)Lets try not to ruin that :/
    _________

@pyroknight777 in the game ^_^ Don't worry if you see me stalking you...my characters are kind of "new" to social life...I mean how would you think a fire demon-turned hero would react to a girl if all he sees in hell are half-naked devilish women...
  • nightgameznightgamez Member Posts: 85
    edited July 2013
    Instead of asking for nerfs you guys should be asking for class buffs for the classes that need it. For example how about 6 second cooldown for chill strike on a CW stuff like that will make the game more fun rather than take away from it.
    This game is designed to make as much money as possible on a day to day basis. It is not designed to be a great long term game.
  • dravkwndravkwn Member Posts: 88
    edited July 2013
    rethophis wrote: »
    GWF fully tank specced do lousy DPS and that is balanced enough.
    I wouldn't say lousy dps but not this OMG OP nerf nerf that people claim. Broken enchants that aren't specific to their class mechanics such as tene though I consider nastily OP for PvP use.
    rishzoth wrote: »
    What is a rouge?
    A makeup usually used by women.
  • inexgravinexgrav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    fix - invisible dagger hit. u cant hit with invisible
    fix - GWF temp. heal cooldown.
    pukmp.jpg
  • skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Make-up! we need a make-up guy over here some Rogue needs his rouge fixed.

OMG I LOLed....

Seriously though I've come across very few GWFs in PvP that seem underpowered, and by that I mean that I can actually compete against as a CW. IF I can stay out of their way and IF I have enough dodges left to get out of their range I MIGHT have a fighting chance of staying alive but forget stopping long enough to cast a spell.

I love reading the forums...one post says GWFs are OP, underneath is another one with a GWF crying they can't find a group, right below that is a post saying nerf TRs...if we're all OP, um...isn't that balanced?
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    huckaseven wrote: »
    hint: GWF > TR currently, if you still lose against one, then its not them beeing Op, but the problem is on your end of the stick

get better at the game, learn how it works and learn how to play vs certain classes and you will own everything since youre playing GWF

He doesn't suck.. Rogues just crit for to much is all he is saying. If a stealth 1 shots you or opens with 80% of your life it has nothing to do with being good or bad. It has to do with a stealth class doing to much damage.
  • xermellxermell Member Posts: 56
    edited July 2013
    This game has been pretty balanced in PVP from what I have seen until recently. Rouges have been 2 shoting people and in some cases 1 shoting them. I have a well geared GWF With full PVP gear and PVP build. Over the last couple days I have been 2 shoted by rouges and that is insane. One of them took 80% of my HP on his opener from stealth.
    I have played pvp oriented MMO's for about 7 years and placed in competitive arena in wow for the last 3 (I played quite 1.5 years ago). Please don't get on the same road as they did with class imbalance. This game is far better than wow from what I have seen so far and I would hate to see players rage quit your game do the simple fix that this could be. I don't ask that rouges be beaten to death with the nerf bat but there opener's need toned down in PVP a bit.
    TY

Are we playing the same game?

Look around you buddy, everyone is complaining that GWF is OP at the moment and yet your GWF don't excel in PVP?
    There's three ways to do things, the right way, the wrong way and the way that I do it.
    edited July 2013
    He doesn't suck.. Rogues just crit for to much is all he is saying. If a stealth 1 shots you or opens with 80% of your life it has nothing to do with being good or bad. It has to do with a stealth class doing to much damage.
    then why didnt he just dodge the lashing blade?
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

Your pretty dismissive about the vast number of posts talking about TR being overpowered. You state over and over again LRN2Play.

Keep in mind people can read the rogue forum posts too. Its all I own everyone man we r uber.... Blah blah blah.

So which is it. No use asking you.

Heres a choice one from a rogues build post.

If OP means being able to 1 shot opposing players in PvP then yes, we are OP but so are GWF and CW. All 3 damage classes in Neverwinter can 1 shot players from full health to nothing in a single move.

Im interested in what this one move is for GWF or CW. You rogues post so much misinformation and lies on these forums in order to avoid the nerfbat. Although I really think you do it so you think your two button pressing is EPIC :)

Have a nice day
    edited July 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »
    You rogues post so much misinformation and lies on these forums in order to avoid the nerfbat.

and you non-rogues post so much misinformation to swing the nerfbat
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    and you non-rogues post so much misinformation to swing the nerfbat

I played this game with PInkfont about misinformation.

I just play PVP and read the rogue forums to form my opinons :)

Dont know where you get yours.

Ohhh its LRN2Play over and over again :)
  • glacialruinglacialruin Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013

I get you have an emotional rant because you don't want to see game balance. Some of us do. As for my skill. Find me in ANY arena. or if you played wow dare you to post your team ratings? Please troll elsewhere scrub
    edited July 2013

Humm.. what didn't you get about the attack coming from stealth? .. btw GWF have a sprint mechanic .. its not a Dodge like other classes. Frequently get hit while running and that dosent account for latency which is one of the biggest factors in PVP
    edited July 2013
    I was hoping for some deficient feedback. Instead is bads just like wow. Have a OP mechanic and cry when someone points it out. Truly my mistake though for expecting any better. On the off chance that a Dev views this. Please take it into consideration
    edited July 2013
    I get you have an emotional rant because you don't want to see game balance. Some of us do. As for my skill. Find me in ANY arena. or if you played wow dare you to post your team ratings? Please troll elsewhere scrub

i see game balance, dont worry

once you have some experience in the game, you will see that too

ofc you thinkg rogues are op right now cause you havent understood yet how the game and your class works, but once you get a grasp on that, your view on rogues will change

its always the lowbobs crying for nerfs cause its easier then learning something themself
    sad but true
  • akpavkerakpavker Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    TY

to be honest there shouldnt be any PVP in D&D!
  • xiphenonxiphenon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    akpavker wrote: »
    to be honest there shouldnt be any PVP in D&D!

To be honest there should be only PvP in D&D. D&D is not meant to played against a computer, but against and with humans.

However, the PvP I would like to see is a monster player vs. hero player PvP at which one group take the role of the dungeon master, can spawn minions, lay traps and directly control monster.

And for topic: the most overpowered class is GF. Thats my opinion as a DC and belive me, I know what I talking off because I'm in the focus of the enemy group.

Rogues are deadly, but they fall like flies if controled and focused. A GF can chain knockback, heal him self, has HP/damage migration like hell and can even block control. In addition, they deal very good spike damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cinj216cinj216 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Over the last couple days I have been 2 shoted by rouges and that is insane. One of them took 80% of my HP on his opener from stealth.

When fighting GWFs as a TR, if I come at you with Lurker's Assault active, I will win out 90% of the time. If I don't, the GWF will beat me to a quivering pulp 90% of the time. Depending on the flow of the match, it will usually take me a minute or two to recover my AP. Therefore, the GWF has an edge on me the majority of the time.*

Obviously, my experiences are not typical of every player, but I can assure you that most rogues will not 2-shot you except under very specific circumstances unless your gear and spec is extremely unsuited to PvP in.

As stated, I have an opposite situation of having a very hard time against GWF on my TR, but not once have I ever cried about it or used it as an excuse why the class should be nerfed. From everything I've seen, GWFs are a very dominating class in PvP. There is obviously something you're doing wrong if you're having such difficulties. Take your licks and learn from them or cry about your defeats and never improve.

*Should be noted I'm not even specced or geared for PvP at all. Not sure how much bearing that has on my comment, but I'm mentioning it anyway just in case.
  • baadkittehbaadkitteh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I certainly wouldn't miss it. I don't play games to make myself feel superior to others; I play for fun. A couple of shots at PvP, purely for ADs, was more than enough for me.
  • najjanajja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i see game balance, dont worry

once you have some experience in the game, you will see that too

ofc you thinkg rogues are op right now cause you havent understood yet how the game and your class works, but once you get a grasp on that, your view on rogues will change

its always the lowbobs crying for nerfs cause its easier then learning something themself
    sad but true

Please stop typing, your bias is showing. No matter how you look at it, 15k - 35k crits while completely invisible is completely unacceptable in a game where most players are going to be capping out at 25k HP. This coupled with the fact that they can At-Will you from range before hand for several thousand HP and then hit you just makes it even worse. I shouldn't have to magically divine how close to me a rogue is and hope I dodge at the right time that I don't get 1 shot. I'd much rather fight a GWF then a TR, you know why? I ACTUALLY GET TO FIGHT BACK!
  • utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    najja wrote: »
    I'd much rather fight a GWF then a TR, you know why? I ACTUALLY GET TO FIGHT BACK!

Guardian Fighters like this statement. :cool:
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • kiadannahkiadannah Member Posts: 97
    edited July 2013
    ok. first. I mentioned to a few people that I would go sentinel path on my gwf to test it. Others ran with it, one posted on forums like an idiot. Here is a secret, 3 feats work on sentinel path, the others are broken somehow. Even last feat, doesn't give defense bonus. Surprised?
    TR's can oneshot you in unstoppable, even if youa re at full health. Also a tr can walk up to four people, oneshot 3 of them, and smoke the fourth. Ive seen it done.
    full defensive gwf, sorry to say, is hitting max 10k, with full str primary, and con secondary.
  • therouterninjatherouterninja Member Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    cinj216 wrote: »
    When fighting GWFs as a TR, if I come at you with Lurker's Assault active, I will win out 90% of the time. If I don't, the GWF will beat me to a quivering pulp 90% of the time. Depending on the flow of the match, it will usually take me a minute or two to recover my AP. Therefore, the GWF has an edge on me the majority of the time.*

Obviously, my experiences are not typical of every player, but I can assure you that most rogues will not 2-shot you except under very specific circumstances unless your gear and spec is extremely unsuited to PvP in.

As stated, I have an opposite situation of having a very hard time against GWF on my TR, but not once have I ever cried about it or used it as an excuse why the class should be nerfed. From everything I've seen, GWFs are a very dominating class in PvP. There is obviously something you're doing wrong if you're having such difficulties. Take your licks and learn from them or cry about your defeats and never improve.

*Should be noted I'm not even specced or geared for PvP at all. Not sure how much bearing that has on my comment, but I'm mentioning it anyway just in case.

Depends on the build and scenario. GWF Sentinel builds with proper gear can easily have effective 75% DR with deflection and 30k HP, which means you'd have to deal 120k damage to take them down, all while they're healing and cc'ing you. I've never lost 1v1 against a TR with my current build even when they have their daily up.
    Beholder MOPP4

60 GF(14.5GS) Cersei
    60 CW(12.4GS) Shadis
    60 TR(12.2GS) Dijkstra
    60 GWF(12.2GS) Winnowill
    45 DC(WIP) Daenerys
  • kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Please stop typing, your bias is showing. No matter how you look at it, 15k - 35k crits while completely invisible is completely unacceptable in a game where most players are going to be capping out at 25k HP. This coupled with the fact that they can At-Will you from range before hand for several thousand HP and then hit you just makes it even worse. I shouldn't have to magically divine how close to me a rogue is and hope I dodge at the right time that I don't get 1 shot. I'd much rather fight a GWF then a TR, you know why? I ACTUALLY GET TO FIGHT BACK!

So now the one shots from TR's are up to 35K? I swear people wont be happy until they can face tank a rogue and stomp them in to the ground. SMH.:rolleyes:

Psst ancient Chinese secret... Contrary to popular misbelief, stealth is not invisibility.
    So MUCH misinformation on this thread. If you are too lazy to hunt them, or cant figure out a strategy to hunt them, that's your fault. I hunt stealthed rogues all the time. Just because you want an easy lazy kill doesn't mean they shouldn't have their stealth. You act like they can spam all their powers consistently at will with zero recharge times.

People are making assumptions (not informed) and drawing their conclusions from those assumptions, with little to no facts backing it up. I am still waiting for the 50K 1-shot hits while they can stay invulnerable forever. LOL.

If you think a TR is so great, play one.

I have seen every class own in pvp, yes even a few exceptional clerics.
    edited July 2013
    follow your own advice please, thanks