test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fury of the Feywild Dev Blog

13»

Comments

• gnominiongnominion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 42
    edited July 2013
    I agree that the foundry quest rewards are a little lack luster. I know it is dificult for Cryptic/PWE to balance the Foundry quests with an appropriate reward, and i hope they are still working on a way to make it better. I have found a few really good foundry missions (and some that aren't quite so good to god awful. There are a lot of people that put a lot of work into their foundy missions. Sadly many don't get played because the length of time to complete them doesn't balance out with the reward.

I try not complain about anything in the game unless i also see as a possible resolution. So here it goes:

To increase foundry mission activity, maybe if the daily mission reward was based off the rating of the mission, the difficulty and the associated time it takes to complete the mission (this does of course depend on how the time to complete is measured). The longer the time and higher the difficulty the more AD. And yes, I see this can be exploited. However, this can be somewhat balanced out if someone takes a long time between combats, completeing an objective, is marked idle, etc..then their run is not calculated into the equation. Now, it's not a perfect solution, but maybe it can get some cogs moving to work toward a better solution.
  • elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    drackaine wrote: »
    Will the new dungeon/castle/expansion have 0 gear progression like Gauntlgrym which was announced as having endgame loot then rolled back to insulting T1 and T2 PVP gear for a huge and boring effort?
    They have said it will have NEW gear. We don't know if there is a new Tier so more powerful gear however I sure hope so.

You know I have other interests, work etc. and I got to max level in June. I am far from maxed yet and I also play with another character. Gauntrlgrym idea was perhaps way to get T2 gear in PvP and as someone said you need do it with a guild. Gaunt is a mix of PvE and PvP as should be there are those who enjoy that also and not only pure PvP. As of expanding PvP to other forms like Capture the Flag that would be very nice, but that remains to be seen in what direction PvP will developed. I like also PvE.

I have also bought 2 new character slots with ZEN that I have traded with AD. In that regard I am not yet maxed and I have no problem if T3 is released say early autumn. This is not hardcore WOW and neither is it ultra casual Guild Wars 2 in loot progression.
  • sheepdog3sheepdog3 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I like the idea of a new zone and Malabog Castle sounds interesting, but new currency?? Seriously? Isnt there enough currency types in this game already!!!??
    "We know that the sheep live in denial; that is what makes them sheep. They do not want to believe that there is evil in the world...The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog...He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep...Still, the sheepdog disturbs the sheep...Until the wolf shows up. Then the entire flock tries desperately to hide behind one lonely sheepdog.
  • tormswordtormsword Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Wondering how long it will take for Paladins to be added to the class roster as well. I'm trying to be patient for the game and want to wait until I can play as my go to class so that I don't feel bored running through content over and over. Will they be a Module 2 consideration or are they further out than that? Reply is much appreciated!
  • xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    thebriman wrote: »
    Your argument that Dragonborn are more of a "core" race in 4E because they appear in PH1, while gnomes don't show up until PH2 makes some sense. However, I will point out that gnomes have been a part of every iteration of D&D from AD&D through the current 4E rule set. Dragonborn didn't even exist in the first 3 iterations (4 if you count Basic D&D as separate from AD&D), and were a fairly late addition to 3.5. Thus, I suspect that gnomes may have more devout following (myself, admittedly, included). Ultimately, they will add the races based on two things: 1) how easy they are to implement, and 2) how popular will they be with the player base.

My vote is for the little bearded fellow hurling illusions.

Draconians were introduced in Dragonlance in 1984, Dray were introduced in Dark Sun in 1991. According to the lore, both races are made by twisting creatures into dragonmen with powerful magics. In 4th edition both Dracs and Dray play useing the rules for dragonborn. So while the race was not specifically referred to as 'dragonborn' until late 3rd edition, it has existed as an integral part of multiple campaign settings since first edition Advanced D&D.
  • yokanaanyokanaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Great news - new content is always welcome. And new items:)
  • elcymerianelcymerian Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As soon as I read "Campaign System", I thought "Oh here starts the Reputation stuff..." then I thought "Will is be accessible through the Gateway like Professions are?"
  • drackainedrackaine Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    " New T1 sets will be available within Sharandar and new T2 gear is obtainable within Malabog Castle."

No offense but the perception of lazy design, trashy dungeons, add-filled bosses which no real mechanics with 1 or 2 exceptions, only 1 type of PVP that doesnt even reward playing right (blocking domination spots gives no points, as defending and not getting the KB), is not really that wonderful. And now you expect people to keep on playing without any loot progression.

Where are:

Classes plethora of bug fixes?
    Paragon paths?
    New PvP modes?
    PvP ranking or progression?
    New interesting rewards?
    Decent rewards for foundry quests?
    Bans for bots running for over 2 weeks 24hours a day?

Also, the way you designed your stat system provides no real incentive to get max level enchantments or new tier of loot(except for 4 pc bonuses which are also either bugged or lacking) since the dimisnishing returns at T2 level are already reached with a stone/cat.

Finally, have play sessions with your employees before you release new content so you dont have to take it down 1 day after launch :P
  • thebrimanthebriman Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    xhrit wrote: »
    Draconians were introduced in Dragonlance in 1984, Dray were introduced in Dark Sun in 1991. According to the lore, both races are made by twisting creatures into dragonmen with powerful magics. In 4th edition both Dracs and Dray play useing the rules for dragonborn. So while the race was not specifically referred to as 'dragonborn' until late 3rd edition, it has existed as an integral part of multiple campaign settings since first edition Advanced D&D.

Hi Xhrit,
    Everything you say is true -- Draconians and Dray existed early, and both bear a number of similarities to 4th edition Dragonborn. The point I was addressing in my prior post was aimed at someone making the argument that gnomes aren't a "core" D&D race while dragonborn are.

Yes, something conceptually similar to Dragonborn existed in certain specific campaigns prior to 3.5, but I think it would be pretty hard to argue that either Draconians or Dray were "core" races in AD&D or 2nd edition. "Core" to certain campaigns perhaps, but not to D&D at large.

For the record, neither my original post nor this one are intended to be anti-dragonborn. Just pro-gnome :)
  • silverreyvatielsilverreyvatiel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am very much looking forward to seeing everything that is coming in the future, not only with Fury of the Feywild but everything after, it is very exciting.
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am very much looking forward to seeing everything that is coming in the future, not only with Fury of the Feywild but everything after, it is very exciting.

I wonder what kind of Roadmap they have.. What classes they have on the table. What zones we may encounter next.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    drackaine wrote: »
    " New T1 sets will be available within Sharandar and new T2 gear is obtainable within Malabog Castle."

No offense but the perception of lazy design, trashy dungeons, add-filled bosses which no real mechanics with 1 or 2 exceptions, only 1 type of PVP that doesnt even reward playing right (blocking domination spots gives no points, as defending and not getting the KB), is not really that wonderful. And now you expect people to keep on playing without any loot progression.

Where are:

Classes plethora of bug fixes?
    Paragon paths?
    New PvP modes?
    PvP ranking or progression?
    New interesting rewards?
    Decent rewards for foundry quests?
    Bans for bots running for over 2 weeks 24hours a day?

Also, the way you designed your stat system provides no real incentive to get max level enchantments or new tier of loot(except for 4 pc bonuses which are also either bugged or lacking) since the dimisnishing returns at T2 level are already reached with a stone/cat.

Finally, have play sessions with your employees before you release new content so you dont have to take it down 1 day after launch :P

"For those who are interested in getting the highest tier weapons, both systems will be required. High level Profession gear will require end-game drops, so players will need to advance through both of these systems to earn the highest tier rewards."

I wonder if this means "save up enough AD to remove the enhancement from your ancient doodad"
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • duthgar1976duthgar1976 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i am all for this sounds interesting but i want to see the Paladin. i really want to have them they are so much fun to play =)
  • wilthrythwilthryth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Please, dear God(s), not another system of currency. The game has too many forms of currency as it is and you plan on adding another?
  • kshoksho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 85
    edited July 2013
    wilthryth wrote: »
    Please, dear God(s), not another system of currency. The game has too many forms of currency as it is and you plan on adding another?

For me this is not a problem, when i hit lvl 60 all seals except the drake and unicorn go to vendor, now i got only Gym coins because i collect them for the last piece of eq from GG, after this i will be got 0 gear currencies so will be welcome by me another one to collect for new gear.
    If you dont mean the "seals" kind of currencies then...well, you cant handle ad, gold and glory?? lol
  • vampiretaysionvampiretaysion Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm just disappointed altogether with this new expansion. I was very excited and dying to try it out but I have to "Purchase" The new races, pets, mounts, etc. I understand you guys need to make a profit but will there be a time where the people who can't buy things get something as cool as a race for free? If not then I really don't see much point in even getting excited over your new updates or expansions. Not to mention how you guys have said that you were going to make the expansions, races, and classes any extra content that was going to be added for free. You ensured us all of this and yet..... I have to pay to be able to be a Drow, a Moon Elf, I know your planning on making a Warlock and Ranger class will I be forced to pay for that too? I'm not even excited about it anymore because I don't know if I can even play it.
  • werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm just disappointed altogether with this new expansion. I was very excited and dying to try it out but I have to "Purchase" The new races, pets, mounts, etc. I understand you guys need to make a profit but will there be a time where the people who can't buy things get something as cool as a race for free? If not then I really don't see much point in even getting excited over your new updates or expansions.

I agree with this. i remember hearing in several interviews and such that we would never have to pay for races and classes and reading that it has "unique stat bonuses and abilities" (yes i realize all races are "unique" but then why have to pay for this one?) is starting to make me suspect P2W
    21.jpg
  • zephryl1zephryl1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 220 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Posted a topic in the General thread about this, but probably should've just asked here...

Is the new Class in the pack cash-only? Or is this just "Early Access" that's being bought? And if so, how long will everyone else have to wait for it?
  • xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zephryl1 wrote: »
    Posted a topic in the General thread about this, but probably should've just asked here...

Is the new Class in the pack cash-only? Or is this just "Early Access" that's being bought? And if so, how long will everyone else have to wait for it?

There is no new class in the pack.
  • moerevolvermoerevolver Member Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    zephryl1 wrote: »

probably 60 days like the drow.
  • daethxdaethx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    After seeing your latest 'packs' I think you should prepare for an exodus. Your money grabs have gotten out of hand.
  • mavalonmavalon Member Posts: 88
    edited July 2013
    daethx wrote: »
    After seeing your latest 'packs' I think you should prepare for an exodus. Your money grabs have gotten out of hand.

I agree, the only free content are daillies.
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm just disappointed altogether with this new expansion. I was very excited and dying to try it out but I have to "Purchase" The new races, pets, mounts, etc. I understand you guys need to make a profit but will there be a time where the people who can't buy things get something as cool as a race for free? If not then I really don't see much point in even getting excited over your new updates or expansions. Not to mention how you guys have said that you were going to make the expansions, races, and classes any extra content that was going to be added for free. You ensured us all of this and yet..... I have to pay to be able to be a Drow, a Moon Elf, I know your planning on making a Warlock and Ranger class will I be forced to pay for that too? I'm not even excited about it anymore because I don't know if I can even play it.

You don't have to play to be a Drow, you just have to wait to be a Drow if you don't pay. It is quite possible the Moon Elf will follow the same model. The mount and pets may be exclusive, but the mount is the same other than appearance as any 110% movement mount. The pets are different, but I'm not sure if they will be any better than other pets that can be slain. The expansion itself is free. The packs are extra things over and above the expansion.

They haven't introduced any classes yet, but if they put out two at once, I speculate one will be available to everyone at launch and the other will be part of some deal that will provide 60 day exclusivity for that class, after which anyone can play it. That is just a wild guess though, but it could happen as it would be similar to 60 day exclusivity on races.
  • werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hmmm this tiny little addon pack, or a whole new console game.... Console game it is!

you realize that an expansion pack for almost any other game is the same or LESS that what you are charging for this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> pack right?

I mean seriously a full game is 60 bucks i think I'll go buy diablo III instead.
    21.jpg
  • antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Sun elves and moon elves are coming with Module 1, only moon elves are in the paid pack.
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • criticaldeluxecriticaldeluxe Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    so all by all we all hoping that the new class will be released around 22 august.
  • pbwpbw Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'll be glad to see if there is either a ranger or druid or monk or even a necromancer.

There is something that I would like to highlight which is the bugs.
    One of the bugs is, some of us may experience ourselves got disconnected after loading into a map or after a certain period of time playing.
    It is very frustrating for me as I had encountered 2 disconnections during the game play within 4 hours duration.
    It would be great if these buys are fixed.

i love this game a lot and I will continue playing. Therefore please keep the updates coming.
    i am looking forward to it.

Thanks!
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Read up on the development of the first free module for Neverwinter, Fury of the Feywild! http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=908861

I'm not sure where to put this so I'm asking here...

TL;DR: Where and how can I claim the Knight of Feywild in-game goodies on MIMIC PREVIEW shard/server?

I purchased the Knight of Feywild pack (or whatever the heck it's called) a couple weeks ago. Comments via Sominator and Dev posts throughout the forums (and even in the updated FAQ, if I recall correctly) - the in-game items in this pack will be available on MIMIC PREVIEW (except the obvious stuff like Astral Diamonds and Character slot, etc.).

So I've created a new Moon Elf - ran the tutorial, then went to the Reclaim Agent in PE - nothing. nada, zip and zilch. All that is there is the Hero of the North stuff (I am HotN Founder). NOTHING relating to Feywild stuff at all. Check in game mail - same smell: Neverwinter Welcome box and the HotN Box.

So, ummm... how do I get the Knight of Feywild goodies on MIMIC? Playing the Moon Elf is blah-say (forum hiccups if I spell that correctly) - just another character (re-roll, if you will).

ALSO - IF the Feywild stuff is just supposed to come though in-game mail, is my being an HotN Founder glitching things up (sending me the HotN stuff and not the Feywild stuff)? - I know: I tend to overthink stuff. Sorry.

Must I be a particular LEVEL before this stuff appears? The DC I copied from Live a few months ago is only at 53... nothing coming through on that one.

My point is since I can't enter the new zone on MIMIC (not high enough level) AND I don't get to preview the Knight of Feywild goodies I bought - I don't want to bother wasting my time on MIMIC since I won't get anything from it and neither will the Devs (as I cannot get to the area they want tested).

~shrugs~
  • james741605james741605 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    at this point a ranged rogue class couldnt hurt, or the option to carry ranged weapons as a rogue. Not what people are asking for but i was wondering why I could only range as a rogue.