test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So... who is the best?

boolibooliboolibooli Member Posts: 19 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi,

like any game in the world everyone wants to be the best.
Why there is no ranking system for this game?
How can i see who is the best TR, What is the best GUILD

i was sure that Glory points are the ranking but there is only max of 25K O_o

what do you guys think?
Thanks
Post edited by boolibooli on

Comments

• Options
    lyfebanelyfebane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 312 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    no need I am of course the best... on the rare occasions I lose it is cos the opponent plainly cheated using unfair overpowered moves! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am not evil, I am just cursed.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The guy with the most perf enchants and a bunch of greater tene.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    moerevolvermoerevolver Member Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    No words on when they'll add some kind of leader board. Leader boards in most games mean nothing, you could be the best undefeated guild but don't play as much and be lowest rank. Where as a casual oriented guild can have 500 members grinding PVP points all day and be #1. But really the leader board only shows you how much you've played, rank #100 guy could be the best Rogue player but doesn't play as much as the #1 rogue. But it would be nice to have one, even though it means nothing. It's like having the most achievements/trophies on the Xbox and PS it means nothing, just shows off how much you've played. Best players and guilds go around with word of mouth, not by how many kills or wins you've got.

You can't tell who the best TR or guild is in NW. It's all word of mouth. As of right now, the only undefeated PVP guild is Lemonade Stand. They still have 10million AD up for grabs if you can beat their A team.

Glory is more like a token/seal, you can trade these tokens with the glory vendor. 25k Glory is the MAX you can hold in your inventory, you have to spend these on gear and potions. 25k is around 40~60k worth of AD after you put everything on the AH.
  • Options
    cyblisscybliss Member Posts: 108
    edited July 2013
    No words on when they'll add some kind of leader board. Leader boards in most games mean nothing, you could be the best undefeated guild but don't play as much and be lowest rank. Where as a casual oriented guild can have 500 members grinding PVP points all day and be #1. But really the leader board only shows you how much you've played, rank #100 guy could be the best Rogue player but doesn't play as much as the #1 rogue. But it would be nice to have one, even though it means nothing. It's like having the most achievements/trophies on the Xbox and PS it means nothing, just shows off how much you've played. Best players and guilds go around with word of mouth, not by how many kills or wins you've got.

You can't tell who the best TR or guild is in NW. It's all word of mouth. As of right now, the only undefeated PVP guild is Lemonade Stand. They still have 10million AD up for grabs if you can beat their A team.

Glory is more like a token/seal, you can trade these tokens with the glory vendor. 25k Glory is the MAX you can hold in your inventory, you have to spend these on gear and potions. 25k is around 40~60k worth of AD after you put everything on the AH.

Now that you've mentioned Lemonade Stand, this thread will be engulfed in flames :(
  • Options
    moerevolvermoerevolver Member Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    cybliss wrote: »
    Now that you've mentioned Lemonade Stand, this thread will be engulfed in flames :(

Don't worry about those jelly people, haters going to hate :D
  • Options
    shuy1shuy1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Please, the damage meter (coupled with the Gear score) at the end of a dungeon is already the most stupid thing of this game.

We don't need another ego booster-not new friendly ranking. I could see the "LF3M 1 DC, 1 TR, 1 CW for CN, must be top 50 ranking pst with GS" coming
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    shuy1 wrote: »
    Please, the damage meter (coupled with the Gear score) at the end of a dungeon is already the most stupid thing of this game.

We don't need another ego booster-not new friendly ranking. I could see the "LF3M 1 DC, 1 TR, 1 CW for CN, must be top 50 ranking pst with GS" coming

What does pvp rank have to do with pve?
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    boolibooli wrote: »
    Hi,

what do you guys think?
    Thanks

I've been asking for a PvP ranking system for a long time now. Ratings are fun.
  • Options
    shuy1shuy1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    cybliss wrote: »
    What does pvp rank have to do with pve?

First of all, in the OP there is no such thing mentioned as "PVP Ranking" but just "ranking". Glory is mentioned for another question.

2nd, I could bet that if the ranking was PVP only, we would still see these kinds of announcements. It's just the community that works this way.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    shuy1 wrote: »
    First of all, in the OP there is no such thing mentioned as "PVP Ranking" but just "ranking". Glory is mentioned for another question.

2nd, I could bet that if the ranking was PVP only, we would still see these kinds of announcements. It's just the community that works this way.

True, I see that now.

Very probably, but people who care about that you would probably want to stay away from because they're "special".
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The best... Leslie West.

Guitar solo at Woodstock. Southbound Train.

http://youtu.be/YnK9skV4z0Y

Jimi Hendrix was on the edge of the stage to Leslie's right... and you could see big Leslie glancing over a few times at Jimi. Leslie was Jimi's favorite guitarist at the time. When Leslie brings his "A" game, he just plays from another place.

So you wanna know who the best in Neverwinter is? Don't matter to me!

Rock on ;)

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Don't worry about those jelly people, haters going to hate :D

I have to ask, what is so hard about typing out the word "jealous"? Jelly? At least you didn't say "haters GONNA hate". I hate the internet.

Also, who cares who is "the best". As the second poster said, it's all about how much you play.

I don't believe it matters that any team is undefeated in this game's pvp. As unbalanced and exploitable it is, with the pay to win enchant system and immune bugs, it's not something to brag about.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    PvP rankings would count for practically nothing given how prevalent exploits were in this game that allowed certain players (and guilds) to farm up the very top end gear/enchantments.

Now a fair PvP Team fight with a only certain enhancements/ max GS gear allowed, would be interesting (and fair). But I doubt very much any of the laughably called 'Elite' guilds would be interested in this for obvious reasons.....
  • Options
    possum440possum440 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The best... Leslie West.

Guitar solo at Woodstock. Southbound Train.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN5tGfXldKU

Jimi Hendrix was onstage to Leslie's right, and you could see him glancing over a few times at Jimi. Leslie was Jimi's favorite guitarist at the time. When Leslie brings his "A" game, he just plays from another place.

Wow...First time a Rent-a-mod has typed anything worth reading. A tip of the hat to you sir. Sadly your fine taste will be lost on the majority of children in this game/on this thread until they use the internet tubes to look up what you typed, and then of course they will all nod their heads knowingly.
    There is no worse feeling in the world than the moment during an argument you realize you are wrong.
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    boolibooli wrote: »
    Hi,

what do you guys think?
    Thanks

More importantly....why does it matter?

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    They could do like World of Warcraft and expose everyone's characters online like the WoW Armory. Then a 3rd party company could create a webpage like http://www.wowprogress.com/, which gathers everyone's data and creates a ranking system and displays it on their webpage.

Why spend your own time and resources to create a ranking system when you can let the fans do it for you? :D
  • Options
    leshil40leshil40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 157 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    You can't have a true best in a P2W game with tons of exploit money out there and bots in pvp that now do crazy stuff. Remove active enchants in pvp and fix the hacks, then we can get down to business.
  • Options
    kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    possum440 wrote: »
    Wow...First time a Rent-a-mod has typed anything worth reading. A tip of the hat to you sir. Sadly your fine taste will be lost on the majority of children in this game/on this thread until they use the internet tubes to look up what you typed, and then of course they will all nod their heads knowingly.

Rolling Stone has him at number 66 in their top 100 guitarists of all time, although I think that list can be taken with a pinch of salt - there are a lot of good guitarists in the wrong spots, or missing all together.

I'd heard of him but never seen him play until Aandre included the link - seems an accomplished player.
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, I play a Les Paul Jr, I mean I'm nowhere in the league of West, but I'd say he's got the best raw guitar tone and vibrato hands down of anyone I've ever heard play rock music. He's influenced a lot of players. Here's a sample if you want to see just ungodly tone, and then a scorching blues number with Joe Satriani who cites Leslie as one of his biggest influences.

The greatest guitar tone I've ever heard Leslie West - Theme From An Imaginary Western. (Tribute to bass player Felix Pappalardi that was shot a few years back)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVG7eQ1TcNo

Leslie & Joe remembers Jimi Hendrix - Stormy Monday (I recorded this one myself!)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbEUBPB34qY

They say the best is yet to come, but in music the best usually comes first. Never forget your roots. Rock n Roll will never die, thanks to those that came before us..

HAPPY 4th of July! Turn it up !! BE SAFE!!

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    coglovercoglover Member Posts: 97
    edited July 2013
    they are not "undefeated" :)